Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

I am a bit upset upon finding that v-44 blackfish passengers cannot eject from the passenger compartment, but that the crew can. Seems like a overlook to me. Can we get this fixed?

Hey guys

I don't often request shit, but what would be really good, if you can, is to have the headgear, eyewear and NVG proxies assigned in the head model, rather than the body model of a character, this would enable modders such as myself to have shorter, necks and better proportioned heads and would also save you guys some trouble as you wouldn't need to assign these to every new character model you make, just base head models. 

Just an idea. 

Thanks!

Zee

A few improvements for the Apex

- ramp icon for helicopters (instead of a door)

- single flare launch mode for helicopters (Ctrl + C already)

- low RPM mode for AFM (useful if you want to reduce noise)

- perhaps optional cockpit interaction (like ToH but icons without circles)

- realistic mount distance, anyone ? (you can literally jump onto the ramp from a couple meters below, OP compared to ground vehicles)

It would be really nice if we have holosight with switchable magnifier in vanilla stuff. 

Like this one

opplanet-eotech-hhs1-holo-sight-g33-w-ma

Anyone?

It would be really nice if we have holosight with switchable magnifier in vanilla stuff. 

Like this one

opplanet-eotech-hhs1-holo-sight-g33-w-ma

Anyone?

I would trade for this squad radar, ViV, or quick join anyday ^^

• Like 3

Guest ti0n3r

edit; I posted in wrong thread. Moderators please delete this post if you can.

Can anyone tell BI I found a big problem?This will let them lose very much money.Thank you very much.@Maio

Shakin animations for vehicle crews..... like in Steel Armor Blaze of war.

Improve helicopter tow capabilities. It hurts my eyes when I see a pawnee carrying heavy vehicles.

Few things that have been bothering me with Arma. First off, yayyyyyy we are getting more DLC. But wait, what is more important? DLC or fixing the vanilla game? This is where I am coming from with the items I am about to speak about. Also please do not respond with "There are mods to fix this". There are mods to fly if i wanted to. I believe there are in-game fixes. I would enjoy seeing people reply with if they agree or disagree. Please list why you feel this way. Thanks community. 

1.) Smoke grenades

I feel like the smoke grenades are not thick enough or produce enough smoke. You can throw a smoke and I can still see everyone. 

2.) Combine Magazines

I understand in stressful situations one may not being doing this. You will be firing until the magazine is empty. I believe there needs to be a keystroke that combines your partial magazines. Possibly have to do this with inventory open? However I do believe it should take time. No one second deal here. This way it prevents people from doing it in a firefight. 

3.) Vehicle Sound

Please....please save our ears. Just add a key or an audio scale that adjust vehicle volume. This is my least thing I care about. I do believe it should be in Arma 3 vanilla. 

Improve helicopter tow capabilities. It hurts my eyes when I see a pawnee carrying heavy vehicles.

.... and tow lines without hook in random places under the chopper.

I wish they removed the super vests.. the vests that can withstand a 7.62 or 9.3 and just flinch... really guys... turn it down..  Please

I assume that game development is ceasing after Apex release? They'll continue to patch the bugs but otherwise no more new stuff after Apex?

What I always wished since Arma 3 was released was more official singleplayer content. Yes I'm an nostalgic fart that wishes they made more campaigns and singleplayer scenarios instead of showcases. While I love multiplayer there's nothing else like playing a quality campaign made by Bohemia. You know Cold War Crisis, Resistance, Operation Arrowhead, BAF, Eagle Wing campaigns were great.

Sucks that Bohemia is relying on community to make single player content. The result you get is no voice acting or voice acting worse than this lol

I assume that game development is ceasing after Apex release? They'll continue to patch the bugs but otherwise no more new stuff after Apex?

Depends on what you mean by fixing and new stuff; for example, the latest SITREP revealed that the Squad Radar and Tactical Ping features are not going to hit stable branch just yet, while stuff like the engine-supported Revive/unconsciousness functionality was confirmed to not be 'feature-complete', with more development planned for after the upcoming release of Apex.

I think they left unfinished game in the end. Clouds problem, jumping tanks, physx problems (like you land tracked vehicle after jump, and vehicle stops), Ai freezing in tight areas (Thank God for WW_Ai_menu), Ai rearming problems.... Community gave them a lot of ideas & suggestions how to easy fix/implement those, but it seems to be ignored. It looks like (i'm not telling its like that) they finished apex and "OK, lets fix some small, easy issues, and lets make Arma 4, beacuse this engine is fully improvised and we cannot fix more".

Would like a campaign similar to OFP: Resistance but more open world and more freedom.

While I like regular military gameplay it doesn't have as much replay value cause of all restrictions placed upon you by the CO and linearity of it all. Was quite annoyed by having the time limit for scouting missions in Survive and Adapt when I could have spent hours there instead it forced me rush.

Imagine an Arma campaign complete open world like in Far Cry games. Upgrading the Resistance camp, hauling in enemy assets for the Resistance fighters, recruiting civilians to join your ranks, doing various kind of side missions beside main plot. Fighting against overwhelming odds like having very limited resources and very little manpower against more powerful regular military like on OFP:Resistance. Doing covert missions such as dressing up as the enemy or civilian and sabotaging their operations from the inside. Liberating parts of the map and also getting attacked by the enemy force in your own territory. And ofcourse more narrative main missions. More interaction with enemy characters like in OFP.

East Wind did a lot of throwbacks at OFP campaigns but not enough imo

• Like 1

a nice and handy guide how to use the new lighting values on custom terrains.

what they stand for and what they change...one by one 

THIS is my biggest wish from bohemia  :D

I think what we really need is a full, up to date guide on how to use every aspect of the editor. Since the editor is one of Arma's biggest selling points and it has not changed too much in a long time, well now with the new 3D editor and the Apex release this is a perfect time for a full,official tutorial series on how to use it.

• Like 3

Apart from above.

After apex release main problems and bugs sorted.

I'd like the launcher team to get more support and resources . So they can fully unlock armas modding potential and accessibility to it.