Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

I was wondering if maybe the gunner seat in the ghosthawk could be given some kind of 6DOF whether its track IR or mouse. I find it almost impossible to have any kind of situational awareness sitting in that seat due to the locked in view down the sights. In past Arma's this feature was on blackhawks not sure the change but I feel it is definitely something that could be helpfull.

DEFINITE +1 !!!

Someone screwed up not allowing free head rotation at least.

6DoF freedom would be amazing.

I wish we had that in all vehicle positions but I guess its too much work for BIS so we'll have to rely on mods as usual.

Is there any possibility to see video importing system in ArmA3, as well as own BI's video formats ? (for compression)

so, after playing for many many hourse i feel there are a few things thatd make arma3 much imporved.

* need bipods plus ability to support weapons on flat surface and then give non-bipod deployed weapons

a slight increase in recoil because right now prone unsupported recoil has been lowered so much to make up for the lack of implementation of bipods.

* Armoured vehicles are death traps against default ai loadouts. if you or your team are spotted the guided missiles take you out in on shot. it is in fact safer to go on foot that in armour right now. solution? not sure, maybe reactive arour or better damage modelling of armour so not almost every hit is a kill.

* rifle and lmg motion is very stiff and robot like. Quick animations to reflect things like momentum/lining up sights would be good. also weapon movement speed shoull reflect weapon weight.

* lmgs fired like rifles. crazy its like this 12 years later.

* ability to vault (not just step over) low fences and other obstacles.

* slight momentum when changing direction for the character. and maybe slowing down the running speed. right now arma3 run speed is faster that bf4.

* sound of rifle shots dont sound big or right. sounds in general need work.

got to run but thats a few of the things off the top of my head. i dig arma3 but after many hours these are the things that really feel noticable more and more.

arma3 is one of my faves, but i believe it needs some evolution

Edited by twisted

With the 1.08 update we'll be releasing the following AAF faction reinforcements (and more sandbox content):

MBT-52 Kuma - Main Battle Tank for the AAF

FV-720 Mora - the AAF's versatile Infantry Fighting Vehicle

WY-55 Hellcat - maneuverable air transport and fire support for the AAF

The tank is entirely new and made from scratch by our artists. The IFV has seen action in BAF, but was vastly improved and given lots more detail. The copter was also passed on from the BAF, got new armament, skids and a fresh lick of paint.

Though I'm very glad to see more vehicles, I think it's time to stop porting ArmA 2 content, especially the content that players already bought as DLC. I hope that next patch will bring more brand-new stuff. :)

If the porting is much faster, why not to use some nice old vehicles. Great to see AAF faction growing.

Would be also nice to get the old searchlights to be placed in camps. Would bring much atmosphere for night time. Used them in my late A2 missions and would use them in my new WLA mission. As extra addition to that there could be a version of that without the stand to be attached to objects/vehicles or static position and then give targets for the lamp to aim at. Basically have UAV type unmanned-AI in a lamp.

If the porting is much faster, why not to use some nice old vehicles. Great to see AAF faction growing.
Well, changing Arma 2 logo to Arma 3 is way faster than porting anything, all it takes is adding another vertical line between two "I", why bother creating new game then? :D

I'm not against porting old content in general (I'd especially liked to see Urals and UAZs because their wrecks can be found everywhere on Altis. They can't lie there for decades, so they probably still in use by locals.) but IMO Arma needs more fresh stuff, for example Kamaz Typhoon instead Zamak Covered.

Would be also nice to get the old searchlights to be placed in camps. Would bring much atmosphere for night time.
Agreed, halogen lamps look silly in small field camps. Also ability to attach searchlights to vehicles (Slammer with attached halogen lamp looks really dumb I guess) would be very useful. Edited by Semiconductor

There is a fair percentage of people here that use some sort of head tracking in ArmA 3. Whether it being TrackIR, Oculus VR, or something homemade, it can't be generally accepted that the head tracking in ArmA 3 could use some work.

There is a lot of disadvantages to the current head tracking:

• You are essentially a confined figure in a 2d space. You can't move your head in 6DOF. You can only look up, down, left, right and twist your head.
  • In aircraft, you can't move your head freely such as in games like FSX. You can't, for example, put your head down to look over your cockpit blocking your view. You are forced to have a blind spot.
  • In vehicles, you can move your head X Y Z but in such ways that is extremely difficult to look over stuff. It's is EXTREMELY buggy.

What I suggest: Make the head tracking similar to that of FSX, X-Plane, Microsoft Flight, AeroFly, DCS, Prepar3d, etc.

FSX:

Microsoft Flight:

Euro Truck Simulator:

+1 6DoF and I type some more, because simply agreeing to the above would seem so lazy

Anyone else missing vehicles like the HMMWV TOW/Stryker TOW and the BRDM ATGM or am I the only one? They were fun toys to have!

I hope these will find a way into arma 3.

In single player missions when player at some point receives messages via radio automatically, it would be good to have an option to ask for repetition of the message, because sometimes there is gunfight going on and player cannot perceive the message. Or it could be done like someone wants to send a message so it says "bravo, this is alpha, message over" and player would take cover and allowe the message to continue (like "alpha, this is bravo, send, over").

(I know, that we can read the messages when entering the map, but anyway...).

One more thing - it could be interesting to stumble when running down the hill and not looking the way :)

Anyone else missing vehicles like the HMMWV TOW/Stryker TOW and the BRDM ATGM or am I the only one? They were fun toys to have!

I hope these will find a way into arma 3.

Ok, what i think is going to happen, just a thought, is they are going to add some sort of thing like this. For example, Hunter-GPK, Strider-AA/AT Titan, Medical Hunter, or Medical Panther, and little things like this. Hopefully, this is going to bring of alot of missing little things that will make Arma 3 feel more complete. But again, that's just my thought on possible things BI would do.

I really want to see a tactical cooperative dedicated server mission for free fall skydiving Challenges. I think it could even be made into its own stand alone mini game.

Ok, what i think is going to happen, just a thought, is they are going to add some sort of thing like this. For example, Hunter-GPK, Strider-AA/AT Titan, Medical Hunter, or Medical Panther, and little things like this. Hopefully, this is going to bring of alot of missing little things that will make Arma 3 feel more complete. But again, that's just my thought on possible things BI would do.

That's what I'm hoping, the remote control turret systems are great but I would love to see some regular turrets and maybe some avenger style AA systems and scout configurations.

i would like ammo boxes to reload static defences with

Heyy Developers...can we get this PLEASE!!!!!! Holly fuck i want to see snow in arma 3 :) :)

That is a nice feature. I wonder why it was developed for VBS instead of ArmA, it doesnt seem all that revelant for training purposes.

It probably is for Scandinavian countries. Anyway it would be vastly better if it actually also put snow layers on objects.

mybe if they do the same thing with this snow like they did with the rain in arma 3 it would be nice :) is there any voting heheh i would love to see snow map or snow on altis so much

I want to raise a very important question.

Support the idea.

Among the players is growing confusion and irritation. We see that the most requested wishes testers and players are not satisfied. Examples: bipod, shooting from vehicles, body armor system injuries and reactions to injury ... Players do not get an answer to the questions: "What will you do from this list" or "When".

Many modders can not begin to work themselves (normal system injuries, treatment, armor), because the game is constantly changing. In this situation, there is an idea, a proposal.

CREATE A ROAD MAP to the most popular questions.

Indicate there that will do and when. This is very important!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16545

Edited by Kirill

The de facto BI answer that I've seen multiple times this year, especially since the summer, and from multiple devs, can be summed up in four words: "No promises, no ETA."

I would love it if they could bring back some of the older weapons like the SA80 (L85A2) or the M16's and AK's also some older vehicles like the Huey and chinook and the LAV-25 this would be really interesting to see. I know the Stratis and Altis are near Greece but maybe take some other islands away from the barren land and take it to a more populated area (it's understandable if you don't because that will cause some lag problems) I just think it would be cool. Thanks for reading have a good one.

From 666AtYoorDoor

---------- Post added at 01:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:48 ----------

I would love to if you could shoot from the side of the littlebird so we could have have snipers in in a mobile hovering platform. No rocket launchers can be fired side. This would be brilliant for urban situations flying down a street machine gunners on the side spraying buildings with round awesome. This could also be helpful in dangerous extractions or a dangerous medivac giving suppressing fire as a teammate drags a wounded soldier from the battlefield so you can keep fire on target without having the trouble of getting out and in of the helicopter. It would be hard to shoot from the side when the chopper is moving fast but that's is obvious. Thanks for reading.

From 666AtYourDoor

Hi I've got some more ideas when you add new islands or country's in why not add a police department and new vehicles like an American police cruiser and a armoured SWAT vehicle plus add in the Police AI with tasers and hand guns. You could even add in more emergency services in like the fire brigade and and the coast guard just little things like that to make towns and cities come to life and feel more real. Also you could add in a small terrorist group who are armed with AK's and RPG-7's and IED's. Other planes would also so be cool. Thanks for reading.

From 666AtYourDoor