Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

2 hours ago, zukov said:

i don't understand why BIS doesn't want to continue to sell the game!

But... he does want it. Through paid DLCs (most likely to be released in this and next year) and benefiting from freeware addons made by the community. What he doesn't want I believe is allocating little resources it has on a product that is based on outdated game engine which has limited capability of further development. After all, BI's proprietary game engine has been in use for 20+ years. Note, these are just my guesses, I'm not affiliated with BI in any formal way, it's just me and my pure affection 💘
By the way, since we are at "wishes" topic, if they work on Arma4 based on Enfusion, I just hope they will not forget about some form of advanced flight model for helos and planes, otherwise - sadly for me - it will end my interest in this game definitely. I don't want it to happen, simply I want to play this game in my 70s 👴 What a nice sort of an addvertisement - "a man who has been playing a single game for 50 years"! 😂

2 hours ago, NightIntruder said:

What he doesn't want I believe is allocating little resources it has on a product that is based on outdated game engine which has limited capability of further development.

This is the point! And they forgot the multiplayer aspect with a 1000+ servers running all days! A good sector control with jets? nothing . Like your words a little effort with some people mantains the game young. The engine is an excuse an example Livonia has bad FPS, add UTES is only 10 KM2! They have all assets! 

49 minutes ago, zukov said:

Livonia has bad FPS, add UTES is only 10 KM2! They have all assets! 

Yeah, optimizing & porting those assets they have from previous games also drains resources and takes time. It is comercial company that pays salaries to their workers so everything that takes time also costs a lot. Selling another 0.5mln copies may not necessarily cover all expenses they have. And I am not sure that adding all assets they already have will increase volume of sales significantly. Dude, I am with you, would also love seeing ARMA without bugs, with lots of new assets and living forever. I doubt, all the things are possible, tho. Anyway, all those old assets were released under APL or APL-SA, you may start learning, porting them and improving. 

use a pre order DLC, the money is not a problem for this community. All Dlc are very cheap i  repeat Vietnam war is a must!

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 9:22 PM, D_Donskoy said:

Hello BIS.

A wish:

1. A civil traffic module and a module that would revive the islands - a social module :), let it be like in the Ghost Recon wildlands.

2. Female characters.

3. Implementation of stealth.

4. Implementation of the cleaning of buildings. 🙂 (Google translator) 🙂

5. Map of the desert. Possibly Takistan remastered.

6. Large map of the desert with access to the sea.

7. New company.

8. New missions.

9. Russian coloring of all cars, airplanes and helicopters OPFOR.

10. Russian voice acting for the support module (Headquarters).

11. Black fish - fully used all his weapons against ground targets.

12. Dinner Contact with the main game.

13. Add more interaction with the members of the squad - let it be like in SWAT 4.

14. Do not make a layout for photos from the game and stick to the army theme, for example, as in Arma 2.

Ideas.

1. Finish the Tara helicopters and their containers so that an empty helicopter can load them fully.

2. To complete the A-164 so that it corresponds to the level of F / A -181, I mean its side lights.

3. Return the ACM module to the game.

4. Just copy and return the WARFARE module to the game. Sorry, but WARLORDS didn't come in as much as I tried.

5. I bought and will buy in the future add-ons from third-party developers, but ... please prohibit the release of add-ons that do not match your level.

6. Publish roadmap 2021 🙂

By the way, about interaction with squad members - there is still a good example besides SWAT 4, this is Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2, I think if you implement this within the framework of the ARMA game, it will be very cool! 🙂

Melee combat in SOG Praire Fire vietnam war DLC? EyZLP2EXEA4DFCK.jpg

woooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ss_2aaf31ffb0e6a4737bc630ffbda0d612faf70

New Asset Request: UGV Mortar System

I would like to see a UGV that is a mortar system. I think the Squad Leader, Gunner, and UGV operators should be able to call in fire missions with it but I am not sure what is best in that regard.

The Unmanned Ground Vehicle Mortar System (UGVMS) should either just have a mortar system, or swap out the passenger or weapons compartment for a mortar system. I think a UGV with a HMG and a Mortar system would be pretty deadly but if it was a mortar system only then it would hold a lot more mortar rounds.

Why should all those poor soldiers have to carry around all those mortar tubes and stuff when we could get a robot to do it! 

I wish that the azimuth readings on the rangefinder and laser designator were accurate to at least a hundredth of a degree. The elevation readings are to the hundredths of a degree. It would be nice if they were the same.

The lack of precision that the rangefinder and laser designator offer for the azimuth makes it difficult to resolve target locations accurately. To make matters more complicated the readings displayed encompass half a degree to the left of the actual direction. Like, if you were to look straight north, then move the optics half a degree to the left or half a degree to the right it still shows 0 degrees even though it could be 359.50 degrees in actuality.

When several kilometers away even a small error in estimation can being quite far off the mark.  It is just kind of an annoyance for me and probably doesn't really affect anyone else. I am just saying.

This is why militaries use their own brands of milliradians instead of degrees.

Better Default Settings for Escape Missions on Official Servers

I wish that the default settings for Escape missions where set so that players start with individual respawns instead of group respawns.  It is one of the biggest flaws in the gametype.  It is why people with good sense have to become admins in order to change the parameters. It is the most annoying thing when you play for a long time, die once because of an operator's error or get Armaed only to find out that your team has wasted all the respawns. I think something in the range of 3-5 respawns should be sufficient. Maybe 4 individual respawns including your initial life. That way you have 3 extra lives. I don't care if it annoys people that they can't continue playing because they wasted all their lives and everyone else is still golden. They can just go fuck off.

This would inhibit those kinds of guys who just don't care at all and just acquire a vehicle and rush way ahead of the group, almost always inevitably dying and then continually force respawning just to repeat their unsuccessful tactics.

A lot of guys just force respawn as soon as they die anyways because they are like COD players where they are only playing for that instant gratification of non-stop action. These people have their uses. They are to be used as shock troops in order to spare the lives of their betters. There is no point wasting a good man when you could send in one of these guys.

On the subject of escapes... Some locations are under-defended, such as Linhaven. It is too easy. A lot of escape locations are too easy.

Combat Patrol: Place some randomized enemy units in buildings

It would be nice to see some randomly placed units inside buildings for combat patrol missions. It wouldn't be hard to do. You just have to find the building positions in the area of operations and then randomly spawn some enemy in those locations. Even if each house had a 5% to10% of being occupied it would be more interesting.

I have been playing S.O.G. Prairie Fire for a couple of weeks now and I have always wondered why is it that none of the titles in the series has never had hand-to-hand combat? Now I am not wanting any such feature to be an arcade type of combat like Mortal Combat or similar such games. However, having the ability to sneak up behind a target and put a knife in their back or splitting their head open with a machete or entrenching tool might be interesting. In the game as it is now, I see no use for such items as bayonets, machetes, or entrenching tools other than eye-candy. Every Special Forces unit of any nation (especially those of the United States and the Russian Federation, to name two) is trained in this type of combat and I feel that it would add a lot of extra flavor and tension, especially when you are fighting in the tunnels in S.O.G. Prairie Fire. I am sure this has been discussed in the past and I am hoping that if there is an Arma 4 that this type of combat will be included. As an end note, I just want to say thank you to all that have worked on Arma  3, all the mod makers, and all the scenario/campaign designers. All of you are truly a talented group of people.

Thanks and stay safe,

Chris

aka Whitewolf (Steam).

If there is one thing I wish for in Arma 4 is a new engine.  I've played Bohemia games since Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis when I was like 8 years old. Although I've always loved the gameplay of OPF/Arma being a huge, amazing sandbox simulator there is that clanky, really weird experience that has always been there. When you are on top of that tiny tower in Takistan for example, you twist 180 degrees and your body is not staying on the same spot when you turn, noo noo, you turn in a very weird way and your hitbox or whatever move in some weird way instead of simply rotating when you turn so you end up falling off the tower. Or that very common experience when you are indoors and everything from your legs to the tip of the gun block so many maneuvers you should be able to do. And all the other stuff that have been there I think it's time to remake it and make it more smooth.

But other than that I want a better AI and more additions to AI behavior, more additions/remake to gameplay like stealth and more interactions. Some additions or remake on how to command the AI, it would be good to have stuff like what type of target they should prioritize, look at two different directions, follow someone, search the buildings in a zone you can make on the map etc.

Antii drone weapon what do you remember? an idea to implement in arma3
E4kui0JX0AoxmUm?format=jpg&name=900x900

Bi has to add a Beret for AAF and at least a camo face for each  Asian and Tanoan characters

I'd love to see a vanilla SPAR-16 assault rifle with the longer 14.5'' barrel (SPAR-16S) but also longer handguard (M4 BLOCK II style). Shouldn't be too much work to modify the model a bit I hope. 🙂

Any chance this is gonna happen? 😅

Also a shorter assault rifle version of the SPAR-17 would be awesome 😁

On 7/1/2021 at 12:15 PM, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

I'd love to see a vanilla SPAR-16 assault rifle with the longer 14.5'' barrel (SPAR-16S) but also longer handguard (M4 BLOCK II style). Shouldn't be too much work to modify the model a bit I hope. 🙂

Any chance this is gonna happen? 😅

Also a shorter assault rifle version of the SPAR-17 would be awesome 😁

You could introduce a nice vanilla LPVO with it (like the TANGO6T)

Please BI add yours (at Arma 3 standard) Dingo 2 to the LDF faction! With GM CDLC you have a German faction, with language, in a minute! CbhVJVU.jpg

Please add Western Sahara CDLC "Compatibility Data for Non-Owners" for vanilla game (without mods) like contact (platform) content. (WS Non-Owners Data size is just a 3,7 GB) I believe it will make the vanilla game content more beautiful. If my request is implemented, for example, it will bring new content for vanilla altis life servers without mods and it would be very nice.

1 hour ago, By.JeweL said:

Please add Western Sahara CDLC "Compatibility Data for Non-Owners" for vanilla game (without mods) like contact (platform) content. (WS Non-Owners Data size is just a 3,7 GB) I believe it will make the vanilla game content more beautiful. If my request is implemented, for example, it will bring new content for vanilla altis life servers without mods and it would be very nice.

it's so cheap

Dithering could (nearly) eliminate visual banding in the night time sky.

It's hard to see the difference unless your whole screen is dark, so I increased the contrast:

88ahTOp.png

Hey,  how about a range curve for ai accuracy, and ai detection time, so you can increase their ability to fight at long range without making them instakill terminators at short range?

accuracy_curve = {{0,0.15}, {200,0.2}, {500,0.6},{1000,1.0}};  //just a concept example, not values meant to be taken literally.

Would be cool to have this for men class (instead of having to add new weapon classes):

PrimaryWeaponAttachments[]=
{

"some_optics",

"some_silencer",

"some_bipod"

};

SecondaryWeaponAttachments[]=
{

"some_optics",

"some_silencer"

};

• Like 1

Is it possible that Bohemia or anyone bothers the AIs can use step over or enhanced movement feature? Because AI if they know how to use step over feature, they can unstuck themselves in some situations or cross the fence easily without looking for a break hole 500m away

Idea: selection masking for heads/headgear. 

Use: CfgWeapons/CfgGlasses

class MyBalaclava {
	maskedSelections[]={"Mask_LEar","Mask_REar","Mask_BackHead","Mask_TopHead","Mask_Neck1","Mask_Neck2","Mask_Neck3"};
	// example set of mask_ selections to be assigned on A3 head models
	// masked selections are not rendered
};

class myScarf {
	maskedSelections[]={"Mask_Mouth","Mask_Jaw","Mask_Neck2","Mask_Neck3"};
};