Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

1 - eyePosVisual script command

2 - fix Malden small errors:

• Strange texture on desert dirty road.
  • Rocks with no collision.
  • Low performance in many places.
  • Some asphalt roads not flat, triangle holes.
  • Terrain detail texture does not fade in or out, it's abrupt.

Two wishes 😃

1. Enable/Unhide drawIcon3D (optional)

while showHud false is used.

Like:

showHUD [hud, info, radar, compass, direction, menu, group, cursors, panels, kills,drawIcon3D]

2. Add a comand:

Restart Mission

(SinglePlayer only, for missionmakers) 

Argo is almost dead, please BI port in Arma 3 all his beautiful assets

screen_003.jpg

screen_004.jpg

• Like 8

the green beret (french?) is already in the oldmans PBO files? the box too?

EXVc6dGXQAAc3BO.jpg

• Like 1

Why not the ACR DLC on arma 3?  just needs to port language, MI 35, Dingo hand weapons and a trucks, an independent side that helps the livonia's brothers against NATO....Bukovina terrain with livonia buildings....

arma2_acr_screenshot_2.jpg

• Like 2

after six years i found the origin of the spaag turret in Arma 3. Is a Marconi's Marksman on t55/leo2 chassis for the finnish forces. Would be cool a version for LDF (on t100 platform) and for AAF on Leopard revolution (the t55 version is a polish origin)
1280px-Marksman_SPAAG.jpg

Again ...with the upcoming "art of war dlc" BI can make a bundle the other beautiful stuff in project argo

VivGetIn/ VivGetOut event handlers: like the GetIn and GetOut event handlers, but for vehicles getting in/out of / loading/unloading fromother vehicles ... such as when a Rhino gets in or out of a blackfish

indonesian  leopard 2 mbt revolution in green camo ideal for a variant to Tanoa scenario
El-jfPIWkAEnwBb?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

Model.cfg animation bones limit doubled, at least for planes and helos (if possible):

• they usually have more complex dashboard/panel with multiple indicators and pointers, especially those old classic that don't have MFDs,
  • backlighting of analog pointers, indicators and panels through standard method (podsvit pristroju/hidden selections) isn't so flexible comparing to animation/animationSource (especialy the latter),
  • most of aircraft have dozens of announciator / warning lamps that rises the bar, if one's would like to program their functions,
  • and since the complexity of animation refers to Pilot-View only, it shouldn't hurt net protocol nor FPS nowadays

Also, would love to see official BIKI A3Tools/Object Builder manuals supplemented by information about limits of:

• sections and animated bones in model.cfg,
  • animated bones in MFD class (config.cpp),
  • max number of animations in UV animations (config.cpp), 
  • and the relations between all of the above, if any exists.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

This game has to have a Berets (Basque) for AAF and Syndiakat

Hello BIS.

A wish:

1. A civil traffic module and a module that would revive the islands - a social module :), let it be like in the Ghost Recon wildlands.

2. Female characters.

3. Implementation of stealth.

4. Implementation of the cleaning of buildings. 🙂 (Google translator) 🙂

5. Map of the desert. Possibly Takistan remastered.

6. Large map of the desert with access to the sea.

7. New company.

8. New missions.

9. Russian coloring of all cars, airplanes and helicopters OPFOR.

10. Russian voice acting for the support module (Headquarters).

11. Black fish - fully used all his weapons against ground targets.

12. Dinner Contact with the main game.

13. Add more interaction with the members of the squad - let it be like in SWAT 4.

14. Do not make a layout for photos from the game and stick to the army theme, for example, as in Arma 2.

Ideas.

1. Finish the Tara helicopters and their containers so that an empty helicopter can load them fully.

2. To complete the A-164 so that it corresponds to the level of F / A -181, I mean its side lights.

3. Return the ACM module to the game.

4. Just copy and return the WARFARE module to the game. Sorry, but WARLORDS didn't come in as much as I tried.

5. I bought and will buy in the future add-ons from third-party developers, but ... please prohibit the release of add-ons that do not match your level.

6. Publish roadmap 2021 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D_Donskoy said:

Hello BIS.

A wish:

1. A civil traffic module and a module that would revive the islands - a social module :), let it be like in the Ghost Recon wildlands.

2. Female characters.

7. New company.

8. New missions.

13. Add more interaction with the members of the squad - let it be like in SWAT 4.

14. Do not make a layout for photos from the game and stick to the army theme, for example, as in Arma 2.

Ideas.

1. Finish the Tara helicopters and their containers so that an empty helicopter can load them fully.

2. To complete the A-164 so that it corresponds to the level of F / A -181, I mean its side lights.

4. Just copy and return the WARFARE module to the game. Sorry, but WARLORDS didn't come in as much as I tried.

5. I bought and will buy in the future add-ons from third-party developers, but ... please prohibit the release of add-ons that do not match your level.

I quickly scanned through, you mention stealth. Do you mean adding to stock missions, because there is lots of stealth in the game already. I can only think you mean in BI missions/campaigns in the future.

13 hours ago, D_Donskoy said:

and the Endgame mode

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 9:22 PM, D_Donskoy said:

Hello BIS.

A wish:

2. Female characters.

7. New company.

8. New missions.

Ideas.

Hello BIS again.

I almost forgot one of the most important things today:

When you play as a squad consisting of Russian units, there is a very, very important detail for the squad commander that simply does not allow you to play calmly and is very annoying when playing! This thing is the voice acting of the command to get back in line - regroup. Instead of the command to "regroup" the Russian character commands to "retreat" - ... this is a very incorrect command and it becomes not at all comfortable to play.

A wish:

Please correct in the Russian voice acting - "retreat" to "regroup".

Thank you for your attention, I hope for your understanding 🙂

22 hours ago, WGP said:

I quickly scanned through, you mention stealth. Do you mean adding to stock missions, because there is lots of stealth in the game already. I can only think you mean in BI missions/campaigns in the future.

Hello. By stealth, I mean: when you are the commander of a detachment and order your sniper to quietly eliminate the sentry, then he cannot do this (yes, the sniper has a silencer, etc.), because this will certainly be noticed by the rest of the detachment, even if the sentry is at a decent distance from his squad and commander. This must be played up with a script, trigger, or whatever. Covert elimination of the sentry works only in one case - this is when a hit in the head occurs, but unfortunately, even the sniper with the highest skill cannot fire a shot in the head or no matter where, in order to eliminate the sentry with one shot in 80% of cases. Maybe it’s not a headshot, but a headshot, and then everything will fall into place. I hope everything is clear) (Google translator) 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, D_Donskoy said:

Hello. By stealth, I mean: when you are the commander of a detachment and order your sniper to quietly eliminate the sentry, then he cannot do this (yes, the sniper has a silencer, etc.), because this will certainly be noticed by the rest of the detachment, even if the sentry is at a decent distance from his squad and commander. This must be played up with a script, trigger, or whatever. Covert elimination of the sentry works only in one case - this is when a hit in the head occurs, but unfortunately, even the sniper with the highest skill cannot fire a shot in the head or no matter where, in order to eliminate the sentry with one shot in 80% of cases. Maybe it’s not a headshot, but a headshot, and then everything will fall into place. I hope everything is clear) (Google translator) 🙂

Yes thanks, you made it nice and clear.

I understand with vanilla ai there are issues with trusting them to deal stealthly with one on one units quickly and with a single shot.

I would say use an ai mod, but as you say, you would like to see this in-game as vanilla behaviour.

If taking a vanilla squad for stealth scenarios, I would make sure all units were playable, then you yourself can take the shot.

As for ai mods, there are some that will deal with this, but again, that is an addon/script etc, not vanilla.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2021 at 1:22 PM, D_Donskoy said:

Hello BIS.

A wish:

2. Female characters.

7. New company.

8. New missions.

Ideas.

Is that all you want? I'm sure BI will get right on it. 😁

I can help you with the 2021 Roadmap.

Here's the 2021 Roadmap.

No Arma 4 in 2021. 

There, you're welcome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stburr91 said:

Here's the 2021 Roadmap.

No Arma 4 in 2021. 

+ occasional bugs fixing,
+ no features added to the game,
+ 2 or 3 paid DLCs released
+ further 10000+ freeware addons made by the community
+ additional 1mln copies sold
... and we still love this game, don't we?
It's been 7 years, and almost 20 years of me playing the whole franchise. There are still some of us who remember the shock we felt about how good and realistic the game was back in the day when OFP was released. Sadly, even the best things that happen in life tend to end one day. But it won't be today, buddy. I know some ppl who play OFP to these days. Wth the amount of content coming from this community, I can easily imagine ppl playing Arma3 in 2025 and beyond.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NightIntruder said:

It's been 7 years, and almost 20 years of me playing the whole franchise. There are still some of us who remember the shock we felt about how good and realistic the game was back in the day when OFP was released. Sadly, even the best things that happen in life tend to end one day. But it won't be today, buddy. I know some ppl who play OFP to these days. Wth the amount of content coming from this community, I can easily imagine ppl playing Arma3 in 2025 and beyond.

I'm with you , but i don't understand why BIS doesn't want to continue to sell the game! There are so many ways! Vietnam DLC ( give help the UNSUNG Team) Improve the multiplayer aspect, add some "old" assets to the game, tons of ideas. This game could be sells for the next 5 years if the dev want.

Just one thing

Simulation = "ManX";

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NightIntruder said:

+ occasional bugs fixing,
+ no features added to the game,
+ 2 or 3 paid DLCs released
+ further 10000+ freeware addons made by the community
+ additional 1mln copies sold
... and we still love this game, don't we?

The series is without doubt, for me anyway, the best ever made. I tend to think the series topped out on Arma 2 plus its dlc's. However I play 3 a certain amount, long time since I kicked it up, but I do go in from time to time. I remain an Arma 2 player, like many players I know, I didn't move on, neither did the group I play with.

I won't move to 4 if it gets released, just too old now, but 2 gives me fresh things to play everyday and fresh things to work on.

I still occasionally plug the old xbox in and play Elite from time to time, for old time sake really. I didn't play ofp although I owned it, took a while to bother buying a decent pc to play it. But I was there by Arma and play to this day and hopefully for many years to come.

BI gave the player ways around things, its one hell of a series

• Like 1