Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

"Encore Plus"  Update [to be continued],

The core concept of "Encore Plus" is to finish the job on some needed assets left aside unfinished.

As an example, the SpawnAI factions

As I had already posted on July 4, 2016, we [speaking as mission maker] do need more groups to be used in SpawnAI Module, such as Gendarmerie groups, Irregular Tanoan FIA like groups, Irregular Tanoan Redside groups.

Of course, I my own mission, I am using FAT32 from "Front d'Autodefense de Tanoa" siding the Gendarmerie against Syndikat and from mercenary groups from the "Xing Feng Shui" movement ..., but in those mission, I can't use Modules in order to spawn groups!

As another example, AI skills.

ATM, since last changes released 1 year ago, there is no document clearly explaining how to manage AI skills ...

Value of each sub-skill is inherited from the value set by skill slider in Insert Unit dialogue or setSkill command, or more precisely with setSkill alternative syntax.

This value is interpolated into ranges defined in CfgAISkill and multiplied by a value of AI Level Skill or Precision set in player's profile (.Arma3Profile file).

Source : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills

Giving insights into how this obscure and encrypted formula has been modified and how it can be concretely applied in game would probably be a tiny step for humanity but a certain relief for mission-makers.

As a last example, Grass Cutters.

A recent update has bring in nice Edit Terrain Object and Hide Terrain Object in the Environment Modules set and that's great, but in order to hide grass, you must still use "Grass Cutter" object.

Having use "clutter cutter" while making terrains in a previous life, I know that the clutters status is different, nevertheless, I will be glad to use a Grass Cutter module stored in a more rational place, more flexible to use in my missions.

I must add that  it will make happy some missions makers all around.

Edited by oldbear
"Esprit d'escalier", be slow-witted in english don't sound so good ...

cute mix and idea to reinventing the marshall IFV

On 1.2.2018 at 10:40 AM, 2re Turbo said:

Come on guys. Get behind me on this one.

It should be top priority for Bohemia to implement this simple thing ASAP. 

I also recommend we get the option to automatically enable ear plugs in or around vehicles. 

You can fix this issue easily with scripting. I see no point doing such a thing engine wise, just because one scenario profits from it. I have many use cases where I want engines to stay on after player eject.

"Encore Plus"  Update

There are already some hidden textures for units of both sides, please release items allowing us to play with them in SP and MP as well .

Like this US Woodland unit

d6WOld0l.jpg

In the same time extending the BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia the rather short official predefined insignias list up to a large list featuring country tags background will be great !

• Like 2

1) F-35F/F-38, A2A Xian variant

2) More Twin racks for missiles, in particular CSAT and internal NATO missioles

3) LCAC/transport for medium/heavy armor (CSAT and NATO)

4) A new CSAT airmobile/amphibious light/medium armor vehicle

1) VTOL aircraft are great for Arma, given the limitations of hardware necessitating the game's relatively small geographic areas.

I would have really liked to see the F-35, in some form, as part of Arma 3 (the Xian description establishes that the F-35 exists in the Armaverse). It would have been a great addition to the "Jets DLC" as many of the Encore update assets are considered to be.

A modified Xian with a longer radar range (fixed forward firing gun, no gunner, lower transport capacity) with the ability to mount more R-77s and R-73s would be nice

2) Twin racks for the R-77 and R-73 missiles (Shikra external loadout more potent, and the Xian can do more in A2A with its 4 pylons)

Twin internal racks for the AIM-120: plus decrease the black wasp internal pylon count of the center bay from 6 to 4, with only 2 capable of mounting the twin AMRAAM rack. F-35F/F-38 gets just 4 internal pylons

3) Also at the moment I feel Arma's amphibious assault options are very lacking - particularly for CSAT. An LCAC type craft for delivering heavy armor would be great. There's an old mod out there, but something new making use of VIV would be great (the closest I can find in the spanish forces mod with a ship that can load vehicles).

NATO can slowly swim a Marshal (40mm Autocannon) to shore (feasible for travel between islands on Tanoa), AAF can do the same with a Gorgon (30 MM autogannon + AT missiles) and the Strider. CSAT has only the Marid as an amphibious vehicle... with just a HMG and GMG, its the weakest of the IFVs, and far behind the Gorgon and Marhsal

4) At the moment, with the Blackfish, NATO's airmobile forces include the marshal and Rhino, giving them medium armor and heavy airmobile firepower. The AAF can at least deploy the Nyx by Air (also the Nyx has a skin that goes well with NATO forces), which gives AAF forces an AT missile system protected against small arms and an airmobile autocannon. The AAF's airmobile assets have more protection and firepower than CSAT's, which are limited to the Qilin and the Ifrit. The Ifrit lacks the firepower needed to take on medium armor, and the Qilin-AT is vulnerable to SAF.

While CSAT performs great in a land engagement with arguably the best tanks, arguably the best CAS helo, and arguably the best air superiority fighter... if you put them in a starting position with no airfield and a gap of water to cross, they suddenly become very weak at combined arms warfare, limiting options

BIS is one of rare studios that have T-72 "Edita" in their personal Garage. Could BIS please model T-72 into game? Taking a first hand look and modeling interior based on Edita they could easier reproduce interior of T-72 than modders. There are mods ofc, but I was hoping that T-72 would arrive eventually from BIS devs themselves...

• Like 1

I feel like some love for dedicated PvP from the Studio would be great.

There are some easy to implement possibilities, and some are much more work intensive. I just can give you what comes to my mind:

Take the most popular game for (casual) combined warfare. Battlefield. you have a server browser, all game modes are in reach of a few clicks. In Arma new players have no clue what is out there, which gamemodes exists, what is still played and alive, and what is a half rotten fish on the beach.

EUTW - for example - one of the jewels of hardcore pvp is in danger of dying from slowly dwindling numbers. and i dont think that it is because of game mode is not good. most of the people just dont know that its there.

Just a possibility: add a tab for arma game modes in the main menue. official and unofficial. ask for standards. if a gamemode meets certain standards, it will be allowed to represent itself there with introduction, video and tutorial. Hell yeah thats some work. but you from bohemia are not the guys, which have to deliver the content there. you just have to check from time to time if the mode still meets the standards. You could also feature coop missions from different from time to time. When i open BF4 Battlelog, first i see is top story of the week. If i scroll down, i can see what my ingame friends were doing recently, and to the left i can see online players and search for every player out there.

It should also be possible to reach to the Forum from Launcher and Start Menue.

Also in Launcher there are no filters for gamemodes, full servers, empty servers etc pp.

And maybe, only maybe, you even would want to cooperate with some of the modders, and offer aid in times of need... For my community f.e. everthing stands and falls with the coders. when our coders are active, we can push innovations, balances, bugfixes and everything into the mode. if they have private issues or something, then there is no progress. Our coder is active, and when one went inactive, we always found replacement, but for example AAW - a very promising game mode was a dead fetus delivery. not enough playtesters, not enough spare time to polish it up. EUTW Coders are inactive for a while now, with no replace. Player numbers are dwindling. For Mode Developers its a pain in the ass to get people to find you. A bit of kickstart help for promising projects maybe? Could also be done via a better launcher and game interface.

I feel, if you people from bohemia, decide, that you want to stall a arma 4 on a timely modern engine (and hopefully with some of the feature of VBS like the underground stuff and ingame terrain modelling, which would make guerilla vs modern army much more viable), but want to keep a healthy sized playerbase apart from the small mil-sim nieshe, and not community contributing 80hours casual singleplayers, you gonna have to deliver something better then the new game mode + new PDW. There has to be an effort, which is felt in the still active communities, something which reaches the remaining playerbase as well as new players and closes the ranks.

Arma is still the best Military Sandbox out there, has decent and convincing gunplay, decent netcode, a broad variety of possibilities in all directions. From game standards, its the best FPS out there, if you can look beside the awful framerates. But its not open to the average player... they may play the single player, are overwhelmed by ominous names in the server browser list, which they have no clue what is what, and what mods and mod versions are needed for what. Also a connection from menue to workshop would be desireable. if i click on a servers, it requires mods, i click and it gets downloaded. if i have the mods, but not launched the right ones, click on the server, arma says: restart. it restarts and you join. usability and openness. same for mod managment. should be easy, with options for more advanced staff, f.e. having 3 different tfar versions on the disc without them conflicting. Its already there... just make it better... the browser in the launcher lacks important features, to be usable. but also does the ingame server browser.

Just soem thoughts. Take it or leave it.

so at least for speznatz this version of the IFRIT
444784.jpg

Reading recent patch notes I found that AI pathing is controlled by the PID algorithm which is a pure feedback algorithm. The problem with these is that they only react when the error has already occured in the system.

Has Bohemia considered adding a feed forward control component to the AI pathing algo? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feed_forward_(control)

The advantage here is that this type of algorithm can react before the error, potentially offering near perfect control (or staying on the road in this case).

Areas that are outside of Livonia map should have been covered in randomly placed forests and perhaps a few roads.

Going airborne and seeing a square filled with nature and features, and absolutely nothing past it's borders is really immersionbreaking.

7 hours ago, Adamantium_X said:

Areas that are outside of Livonia map should have been covered in randomly placed forests and perhaps a few roads.

Going airborne and seeing a square filled with nature and features, and absolutely nothing past it's borders is really immersionbreaking.

I guess it is not possible to put any object outside of the actual map.

The terrain there may also be randomly generated. 

there is a chance to see in ARMA better interaction animations like in dayz SA? more or less is the same engine and in GA you ave reload animations for launchers

On 8/11/2019 at 8:14 AM, zukov said:

here is a chance to see in ARMA better interaction animations like in dayz SA?

No.

On 8/11/2019 at 8:14 AM, zukov said:

more or less is the same engine

No.

On 7/28/2019 at 2:32 PM, Siil said:

Reading recent patch notes I found that AI pathing is controlled by the PID algorithm which is a pure feedback algorithm. The problem with these is that they only react when the error has already occured in the system.

Has Bohemia considered adding a feed forward control component to the AI pathing algo? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feed_forward_(control)

The advantage here is that this type of algorithm can react before the error, potentially offering near perfect control (or staying on the road in this case).

Something like this is what I'd like to see implemented in ArmA 3 more than anything else. I'm continually surprised at how poor the AI can be at taking a valid or safe path, both on foot and in-vehicle. I'm guessing thought with poor pathing still a problem this late in the game's history, that' such improvements would be reserved for ArmA 4.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2011 at 8:32 PM, MADDOGdb7 said:

Alien Invasion mod

Wish granted! 🙂

Hi, dear developers, why not create a multiplayer game in point capture mode? Almost all altis life and exile servers, why not hardcore tvt and pvp servers in vanilla arma 3? A good example of such a EUTW server, and this server is dead. We have a lot of servers where we have altis-life and exile, where we have donated, and we don't have good hardcore tvt servers to capture flags or capture points and fight of territory, pvp wars and so on. I doubt if there is any point in writing, but I will be calm that although I tried to change something. Sorry for my bad English and what I immediately wrote in Russian, violating the rules of the forum, your old loyal fan of arma 3

Edited by VARANG
Translated to english. Keep in mind this forum is english only.

to me Bis has to port the old SUV , is clearly actual 😁 libya august 2019

ECt91rSXoAAO_2p?format=jpg&name=medium

arma 3 always close to reality DSEI 2019,  look the helmets
EDhlo6yXYAA3U-k?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

Would it be possible for BI agents to retrieve cans of green paint from the Soviet era, much like the one used to repaint EDITA so that we can use the OPFOR armor without exotic camo on Livonia ?

Edited by oldbear
I am not really a bear, but feeling like an old one now
  • Like 2

I think it may be time for CfgWorlds LoD config entries.Theres many different terrains with many different intentions.For example the Air units specific terrains and the small cell size highly detailed terrains.Using the one LoD standard for all terrains is prolly a bit dated.

Just a wish ... having Spetnaz weapons and ammo dropped for OPFOR in Warlords.

please BIS put in game the DAYz  Colt 1911 textures for the ACP 2 45!  the grey and the engrave for the Sindyakat! pleaaaase just the textures!

latest?cb=20140308134758latest?cb=20140615114452

• Like 1

some stuff from THM very cute to see in A3, gives to the mission a lot of immersion especially in PVP multiplayer
 real pad in hands with animations
YDCA7Y4m.jpg

interactive display

9rS1XWC6.jpg

interactive energy generator wit varoius fancy displays and animations

y5EBOcEz.jpg

so the project argo hasn't  a CSAT faction but has beautiful CSAT helmets.. Please BI give to us the permission to use this textures please! The helmets in P.Argo are very ugly in non CSAT  uniforms

2EE00AB06CD1CCF832A1886BD970D3209C66F6FA