Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Please for the love of the game and our ears. 

Do not allow helicopters or any vehicle to stay running with Engine ON after the pilot or driver exit it.

This is unnecessary NOISE pollution and you are destroying people's hearing on a grand scale. 

This is especially annoying in KOTH where we often have a bunch of hellis & Blackfish in the AO with engines on full blast.  

It f.... up gameplay and adds unnecessary sounds to be processed for client and server.   

Vehicle engines should be turned off by default on all servers when players "Get out or Exit the vehicle or helli.

Servers would need to enable "Engine ON" on exit.  And if enabled. Players should be forced to use a key combo like, Alt+Shift+ E for the engine to stay running. 

But there should be a time limit or else it might stay running until it respawns again. 

Come on guys. Get behind me on this one.

It should be top priority for Bohemia to implement this simple thing ASAP. 

I also recommend we get the option to automatically enable ear plugs in or around vehicles. 

Edited by 2re Turbo
typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

How climbing should be implemented:

• All "men" can climb, but climbing is super fatiguing (the more steep/higher gradient the more fatiguing).
  • Your stamina bar goes towards null/exhausted means you lose grip and fall.
  • Whether climbing action can be started depends on a minimum and a maximum gradient. The latter might be somewhat dynamic with respect to the stamina of the unit.

These are the basic rules. If tweaked just right, the assistant heavy machine gunner will not be able to climb more than a meter or two in height. Meanwhile a light soldier will be able to free climb for many meters. But not any route will be feasible since a too steep/high gradient will drain fatigue almost immediately anyways.

Climbing properties may be altered with utilities/tools, such as a rope:

• A rope (and similar) has two effects: 1) it reduces fatigue while climbing, and 2) it provides a secure halt, which means that the unit no longer falls to certain death if out of stamina, but he has to wait a bit and catch some breath.

Certain climbing tools might not need to be deployed (e.g. a climbing iron) and only provide one, or the other (maybe that secure halt could come with a certain probability of failure). And in consequence:

• A ladder is nothing special any longer, but a climbing tool just like a rope. No mouse action menu fiddling, but native (better integrated) climbing action.
  • AI also need to be able to climb and plan their routes with respect to fatigue/their stamina and the possibility of a secure halt. E.g. if the latter is not available, then AI is likely to ignore such a route right away, s.t. climbing for AI (unless configured/scripted otherwise) will be more of a last option kind of deal. Latters offer a very secure halt, and AI should be happy to climb them.

:drinking2:

• Like 4

my suggestions :

Katiba less recoil beacause bullpup architectural advantage long barrel more control and stability

but katiba have more recoil to mx for exemple 

ADD Carabine ( mx,katiba etc..)  for KOTH

MX3GL : more recoil for grenade launcher 

Cyrus suppressor more sound is not subsonic  weapon

No suppressor for all LMG is not realistic and logic

more recoil and dispersion for SPMG

more dispersion for Navid

Here is a cosmetical suggestion:

SPAR-16 optics:

I think the optics are placed too much "forward", it would be stunning if you could change that!

Example:

1. How it currently looks:

Spoiler

spar_rco_zpsejxjwffr.jpg?t=1521999319

The optic is placed kinda weird, no offence there! I still think you are doing a great job! :f:

2. How it could look like after BI changed it:

Spoiler

spar_rco_pos_fixxed_zpsp3i2col5.jpg?t=15

It would make it look realistic

3. How it looks in real life:

Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

freaky

• Like 1

There are no options for high altitude antiair I game. I was hoping some would be added with the Tanks DLC but there are none. Games like KOTH need something like the patriot or BUK missile systems to mitigate the laser bomb snipe from jets.

34 minutes ago, Daniel Gilliland said:

There are no options for high altitude antiair I game. I was hoping some would be added with the Tanks DLC but there are none. Games like KOTH need something like the patriot or BUK missile systems to mitigate the laser bomb snipe from jets.

Jesus, dlc is about two weeks away? 

Guess you gonna have to save up for a jet to take that other jet down. 

They have tweaked the jet gbu a tad.

8 hours ago, Daniel Gilliland said:

KotH should make use of those Turrets released with Jets DLC, they pretty much destroy any aircraft they can lock onto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkK5tN3AeNA

20 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

KotH should make use of those Turrets released with Jets DLC, they pretty much destroy any aircraft they can lock onto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkK5tN3AeNA

If BI only would have made a terrain platform for them. Now they look a bit silly when placed in the terrain.

1 hour ago, jone_kone said:

If BI only would have made a terrain platform for them. Now they look a bit silly when placed in the terrain.

You could use that concrete bunker object. Place the AAA/SAM turret on top and it looks quite good.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Jesus, dlc is about two weeks away? 

Guess you gonna have to save up for a jet to take that other jet down. 

They have tweaked the jet gbu a tad.

Saving up for a jet is not the problem, I just prefer playing with AA and EW systems. Don’t get me wrong, I think the new radar environment is fantastic (so many improvements since flashpoint). I just thought they would build on it more. I would just hate for them to move onto another game type without finalising this one.

I mean we need a Police Update for the campaign and roleplayers of Arma 3.

1. Altis Police with a Police Offroad (texture) and a better Police Boat (texture) i mean the greek blue, withe strips looks really bad.
Maybe a Heli like the unarmored WY-55 Hellcat.

2. Tanoa Gendarmerie with Police MB 4WD and Police Boat (texture), Tonoa is a group of islands (it make no sense when the police have nothing on the water).
Maybe a Heli like the MH-9 Hummingbird.

No.

Arma 3 development at BI is over except for bugfixes.

a3_post_launch_development_roadmap.png

The Timeline ends with the release of Tanks DLC. Is it possible that they could release more, sure the potential is there, but I doubt it will happen. We can always hope for "just a bit more".

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
  • Like 2

Theres no reason for BI to spend much time on textures (aside from Tropical camo for the default vehicles) since anyone can do that and put it on a public server, and they recently introduced new police/EMT assets and siren horn.

From what I remember of Altis Life, what was really missing were 2 things:

1 - Civilian firearms. hunting weapons, shotguns, old bolt guns, some more pistols, etc.

2 - Visual representation of items. BIS could have created some more inventory items, like can of soda, bananas, batteries, money, water bottle, canteen, food items, etc. Just items for roleplay that--in RPG modes--are virtualized into text/numbers on a menu. The number of non-essential items in the game is zero. All we have is watch/compass/map/radio/gps. Some generic items that could be added to inventory would have been good.

any one can do that ?!

yea with the dlc stuff, but there is no texture samples for the vanilla stuff ...

1 minute ago, maxl30 said:

any one can do that ?!

yea with the dlc stuff, but there is no texture samples for the vanilla stuff ...

There are plenty of texture templates, have a look here: 

2 minutes ago, maxl30 said:

I know what you meant, which i why i pointed you to that thread. If you have a look at that thread, there plenty of templates to create your own re-texture of vanilla game content.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

you can change that by using this,..

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27481

Is it possible to achieve the same thing via script? - a separate addon just for that *should* not be necessary...

More important: can a mission autor/mission maker independently define (ignore Arma3/BIS defaults) the cargo capacity of vehicles for his mission?

T.S.O.M.

Studying additions and after doing tests on "Encore" Dev version, have gave me some idea of further developments and  an "Encore Plus" DLC. :don16:

Navy
- bring in Arma3 an updated version of Arma2 LHD with an open wet dock,
- bring in LCAC
- bring in small fast missile launcher patrol catamaran.

Air
- add grey camo for Navy helicopters
- add slow flying COIN air plane based upon Caesar BTT

Modules
- extend SpawnAI factions and extend compositions groups list

As I had explained before being lectured and getting a rap on the knuckles

I am not speaking about a wish, or a simple idea, I am bringing in a concept.

In the future, you will see that it's rather difficult for community dev to build a real full DLC.

The beautiful job done by BRAVO ZERO ONE Studios for Jets DLC and upcoming Encore DLC is pro Devs jobs, the quality level for Arma3 being very high.

I know that some Community members are working hard on their projects, nevertheless, making a complete DLC is full time work for a team.

So as I say, I bring in a concept for the core of an other semi-official/ official DLC, no less, no more.

Edited by oldbear
Nobody is perfect

I'd like to see hidden selections on weapon scopes and suppressors, please lovely BIS devs.

The concept of "Encore Plus"  DLC, is to have a core of a few new assets adding some gameplay variations in the game plus some items and/or assets unfinished/left aside ...

That's the case for SpawnAI factions and extend compositions groups list.

That's also the case for AI skills management.

I am still working on the list...

We don't need much items as Community Modders are still doing a great job, but for the year to come, it will be great for all still playing Arma3 to have the skeleton crew and helping hands doing a check to finish a few things that were left out or to say that some of these things are now out of reach.

Edited by oldbear
I am really an Old Bear

so there are some weapons 's model from dayz.
With little effort is possible add the svd dragunov and the textures from colt 1911 and Kobra over the akm.......