Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Guys, why in Apex expansion AK series and RPG-7 doesn't have any attachments ? imho developers can easily  ported pso-1 and other stuff from arma2 and refresh it a little bit.

Sedans, right now we have this hatchback from 2012 and an SUV. I love the new integrations of civilian clothes with Tanoa, but we need 1-2 new multiuse vehicles. 

• Like 1

ideas about interaction with satchel / ied things.

what about making a realease, and the satchel on the inventory? like binoculars, or some stuff ( campass, map.. like that. add one more item zone for realeaser and bomb  )

to use it, you need to put that in inventory ( or like reloading, also wheel menu can load the satchel your hand. )

and when you use fire while you got in hand, then set the bomb on that place. 

realeasers are work same too. use it as a equipment like binocular. 

and you can see the bombs around you ( that you set within 300m? that can remote touch length.) 

like a square, that like a target lockon when using jet. 

and with a t, you can lock that bomb, and after lock that bomb and press fire key, it's bomb!

i donno about after lockon and set timer, i think this one is too op.

with this, we can prevent set the satchel when you push space bar by accident ( escpecially mine. )

and also blow the bomb when you 'just' push the space bar.

and also you can control the multiple ied/ satchel by on your hand. not like blow them at one time. you can control that.

and, if you get died by a enemy, if the enemy got that realeaser on your body, also he can use that. 

now on arma is, when you get died, the ied or satchel become a blind bomb. so ..

after with this, you can get the realeaser on your enemy/ friend's body to control them.

problem : like when you get in the car, you cannot put the equipment, so this one need to be considered. 

(like making a realeser like a compass, to more comfortable to use. just come up the realeser while you push the button, or turn on/off the button.. )

edit : i think hotkey could be the 4, 5 too. and this one is much better because it's related to weapon so..

I would very much want to see new helicopters both civilian and Military ones. i got some cool ideas on what to add if you want me to post it.

I know this is something that has been requested before, but it would be nice to have shotguns and a nice psychics for the pellets, i would be nice to see a simulation where shotguns are accurate and efectiva at  the distances they are in real life. 

If BIS is reading this i would be happy, but i see, we are only readers. Phroning with launcher..... Danicing Miller (last sitrep) is not what we need......

• Like 2

I would love to see the AK-102

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/Interpolitex_2013_(536-18).jpg

and the SVD-12

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/battlefield/images/2/24/Ak-12_7.62x51mm.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140629214703

a grenadier variant of the AKM

and finally, possibly some proper black variants of the AK-12 and SPAR series of weapons

Edited by General Kong
some more requests

My wish list:

A Navel DLC:

1. A STVOL carrier (maybe the HMS Queen Elizabeth)
  2. A STVOL CAS fighter for the carrier
  3. Re skin of some helicopters that would operate from the new carrier & USS Freedom
  4. A New Merlin whos job it is to perform anti sub or anti mine tasks
  5. The carriers would be used as a proper base for the troops - there would be large rooms to have proper briefings in where the mission maker could give the mission grief via a projector maybe with pics & short vid clips from UAV's. The carrier would be made to feel & look like a real carrier inside with dedicated places for ammo & weapons. The carrier would be able to launch the Marines also?
  6. Missions where the player has to search things like fishing boats for ammo or arms or HVT's
  7. Proper fight patterns for the Air wing to follow while landing & taking off
  8. Proper control tower where the player has to ask to land & take off
  9. Carrier DLC to come with a supply ship, Frigate for carrier group defence & maybe a dedicated ship to launch Marine vehicles? How the supply ship could work is like this: the player interacts with a console in a tower of the carrier & requests ammo or weapons or vehicles (anything that can be air lifted), it spawns on a helipad on the supply ship & using the sling load function the a player will fly to the ship to sling load supplies & take to where they are needed. The supply ship would have unlimited supplies.
  10. The water that surrounds the land mass we already have to be expanded to benefit the pilots

Terrains:

1. Maps should be increased as I said above. Keep the land mass to about 150 or 200 K2 & increase the overall map size with ocean.
  2. have maybe 1 or 2 deep lakes within the land mass where the mission makers can hide enemy ammo caches. There could then be missions where the player finds intel from doing VCP's about the enemy hiding things around there. A mission further on would see a Marine op where they have to search that lake by diving & or using the small subs
  3. lots of wide rivers on the land mass or wide rivers that separate areas of land mass where the Marines could use patrol boats properly & be able to search small boats  there also.

Units:

1. Female characters
  2. More faces
  3. More clothes
  4. More builds so we can look for maybe a person that's 6ft tall & fat with only one arm?

• Like 3

I wish for a great big CTRG texture. :)

• Like 1

I thought about creating a separate thread but here is as good...

With the Tac-Ops DLC coming up I think it would be really good for BIS to run a mission competition like Make Arma not War, focusing on different themes that showcase different DLC features and that link into the Armaverse. It would be good to celebrate mission makers and scripters more!

• Like 1

I'm curious about what BI intends to do about AI planes landing and taxiing behavior.

It's been an issue since A3 came out, the buzzard was never able to land on the altis main airfield,

when tanoa came out I immediately tested the landing on its main airfield, not one single plane is following taxi procedure,

they immediately get off the runway, move over the lawn and get stuck in that weird trench that has no reason to be on an airfield in the first place.

The buzzard rarely explodes on touchdown at tanoa main airfield.

The only plane that makes it over the trench is the gryphon.

Not one single plane is using the predefined taxiways.

If more than one plane wants to land at the same airfield it's a recipe for disaster.

Planes crashing into each other during landing approach and what not, I've seen it all.

This makes it impossible to script an ambient airfield since it will end in pure chaos as soon as landing and taxiing is involved.

If you're in Zeus mode or using camera scripts you'll get to hear it at full volume every time a pilot ejects.

Hope at least some of it will be fixed.

Cheers

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I'm curious about what BI intends to do about AI planes landing and taxiing behavior.

It's been an issue since A3 came out, the buzzard was never able to land on the altis main airfield,

when tanoa came out I immediately tested the landing on its main airfield, not one single plane is following taxi procedure,

they immediately get off the runway, move over the lawn and get stuck in that weird trench that has no reason to be on an airfield in the first place.

The buzzard rarely explodes on touchdown at tanoa main airfield.

The only plane that makes it over the trench is the gryphon.

Not one single plane is using the predefined taxiways.

If more than one plane wants to land at the same airfield it's a recipe for disaster.

Planes crashing into each other during landing approach and what not, I've seen it all.

This makes it impossible to script an ambient airfield since it will end in pure chaos as soon as landing and taxiing is involved.

If you're in Zeus mode or using camera scripts you'll get to hear it at full volume every time a pilot ejects.

Hope at least some of it will be fixed.

Cheers

A dedicated ambient air script for fixed and rotor wing would be amazing. Even better if it was vanilla BIS, worked in dedicated, and used little resources. Pick your airports, how many aircraft are flying at a given time, etc.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

A dedicated ambient air script for fixed and rotor wing would be amazing. Even better if it was vanilla BIS, worked in dedicated, and used little resources. Pick your airports, how many aircraft are flying at a given time, etc.

Writing the framework for that can be done in a day, talking about controlled landing of one plane at a time, placing other planes that plan to land in a descending holding pattern, handling passengers boarding and refueling services.

As of right now, running something like this would end in chaos.

On the other hand I'm curious to see if the new SAM/AAA assets will receive any camo textures, so mission makers could place them anywhere they want to set up a decent air defense system.

With the current textures they'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Also curious about the new dynamic loadout in game menu.

Cheers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

On the other hand I'm curious to see if the new SAM/AAA assets will receive any camo textures, so mission makers could place them anywhere they want to set up a decent air defense system.

With the current textures they'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Excellent suggestion. Even simple variants like tan/olive/green would do, if not corresponding faction camo's.

• Like 2

Why in ARMA are all the IAS for helos and planes not in knots, which is the ICAO standard in the world?  Same with MSL altitude reported in feet rather than meters?  Can't ARMA give us the option or at least someone come up with a mod?  It seems simple enough to convert.  I only wish I had the expertise to do it.  I have no beef with the metric system but when it comes to aviation it is not the universal standard. 

• Like 1

With the release of the Jets DLC, here's a couple things I'd like to see added to aircraft in the game:

-Autopilots for orbit and leveling. This would help immensely for using the TGP, and man a gunship without a full crew. And speaking of the TGP...

-Pitch indicator in addition to roll while using TGP. Kinda odd that its missing, but it needs it.

-Have drone commands (and the hypothetical level/orbit autopilot) fly ASL instead of following the terrain. Pretty annoying trying to mark targets and getting lurched around and the camera flipped over because the UAV is following mountains 1500 meters below.

-Implement dynamic loadouts outside the editor and scripting. At least put it in Zeus. And speaking of Zeus...

-Expand waypoints for aircraft in Zeus. Loiter commands in particular would be nice.

• Like 4

I know that BI is planning on releasing the TAC-OPS DLC sometime in Q3 2017 however I wanted see what the community thinks ought to be included in it. For myself, I am hoping to see the addition of some character assets and a campaign to round off the current storyline. Here is just a quick breakdown of some of the things I'm thinking:

1. Uniforms variants for all factions, to include:

-hooded rain jacket top/combat gear bottom (Malden specific)

-fleece sweater top/combat gear bottom (Altis specific)

-hoodless dive gear top/combat gear bottom (Tanoa specific)

2. Weapon variants 

-SPAR 16L (long barrel) with VFG 

-SPAR 16C (compact) with AFG

-SPAR 17S (short barrel) 

3. AI improvements

-taking and clearing through doorways for OBUA

-dismounting Helicopters in different combat modes(stealth,safe,aware,combat) results in different group formation actions

4. Rappelling from Helicopters

Again that is just a quick list of things I'm hoping for in the TAC-OPS DLC. I'd love to hear what you guys are thinking. Thoughts?

• Like 1

On 2017-05-13 at 8:07 PM, Callsign said:

I thought about creating a separate thread but here is as good...

With the Tac-Ops DLC coming up I think it would be really good for BIS to run a mission competition like Make Arma not War, focusing on different themes that showcase different DLC features and that link into the Armaverse. It would be good to celebrate mission makers and scripters more!

If they did this, it might be a good idea to allow moderns to start using the vanilla Arma assets to remodel etc. 

• Like 2

There is a feature in ASR_AI that makes AI take off their nvg during the day and re-equip  them at night. This would be a great vanilla feature.

How about a feature where the AI you place down via Zeus doesn't automatically default to a wedge formation and sprint everywhere...which then requires whoever is in Zeus to fight with the damn waypoints and units for another few minutes to get them to not go back to the default stupid wedge formation all the time. Make it where their default is a walking pace with weapons down and either in staggered column or column.

Also lets get an update for the USS Freedom. Right now none of the lines and sections of the boat line up and its difficult to place objects on the deck and the CWIS systems are problematic when attempting to use on the carrier as well. They work much better for me attached to a HEMMTT truck or sitting in a base I built at an airfield.

Which leads me to another point...Vanilla AI...they are still either super snipers at 100+ meters or stupid inside of 10 meters. Go talk with @genesis92x about how his AI functions work from VCOM...they are simply the best in the mod community right now and work like a champ.

What are the thoughts on better small-unit management and sub- and macro-groups? I know within your group you can assign troops to the various color codes teams, but honestly that system sucks. Its inconvenient to assign troops to the teams and inconvenient to manage and command these teams, and it all has to be done during play, whoch presents a variety of issues. Rifle squads usually are composed of multiple fireteams which can be tasked with separate objectives. What if I want one fireteam to go over there and check things out and have the other hold the position? And then you go on to the large scale units, and unless you want to assign an entire platoon to separate teams or you want to break them up in to other separate groups, disrupting the player and the group coherence, you have to command all as one as if it were a fireteam. What if there was some sort of group attribute to assign the subdivisions. In the system, the overall group leader could toggle betweeen managing individuals or managing subdivisions, and the list of individual group members would change to a list of subgroups you could select and order as a whole when toggled. And for the leaders of the subgroups, you could clearly see and manage your fireteam, rather than being stripped of all power and having it relegated to the squadleader, but your commands would be limited to things that fit within the SL's orders, for instance, you couldn't order your fireteam to open fire if your SL said hold fire, but you could manage formation, stance, suppressive fire, vehicles, and inconsequential things like actions in the menu of the 6 key. Ideally and option to leave members unassigned to and exempt from a subgroup would be nice, so for example a Platoon CO can move with his Platoon Headquarters and order them individually while simultaneously managing his squads. I think it would only need one level, a single sublevel of subgroups, as it would scale nicely, I doubt a Platoon CO would very often have direct control over a fireteam and a battalion CO direct command over a squad, and that'd keep it simple yet still usable. It could add an immense amount of depth to singleplayer gameplay, right now relatively large units don't really manage well and truly large units are an incoherent nightmare. There's a few command mods out there but I think the focus less on putting the player in command or they go on to too large of a scale or too complicated of a system.

Sorry for text-wall and rambling

Not quite sure how this thread works, but here's the wish I posted on the other thread:

As I've just started running a dedicated server for coop sessions and downloading lots of missions, I've found that the mission browser could be much more user-friendly, not least because mission makers don't really stick to any standard nomenclature.

The main improvements I'd love to see are as follows:

• A search function for the mission list (anything that allows me to quickly look for a specific word or other search term)
  • The ability to switch between the browser showing mission names (as defined in mission.sqm) and file names (mainly because I can standardise the file names, but standardising PBOed missions is a bastard)
  • This one would be great, but I'm not holding my breath: the ability to filter missions on the list, e.g. by mods, number of available slots, whether there's a slot for Headless Clients or not etc.
Edited by thirith

Officially supported female characters would be nice. Please?

It kinda sucks we have to mod in something like this to a game set in the future when many armies are allowing women on the battlefield in the present day.

Even if it's in a future installment of the series please don't leave us hanging.

Thanks.

• Like 4