Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Ideas and suggestions for the upcoming TANK DLC

- stabilised weapon system

- automated target tracking

- modeled interiors for existing and upcoming tanks

- ability to camouflage your tank with camo nets and/or branches, leafs, bushes etc.

- add variety of possible ammo cook off effects when the tank is hit

- smoke screens by injecting fuel onto the hot exhaust

- fix the zoomed in driver view

inspiration by VBS 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0S76JfspM

for further inspiration check out steel beasts

First let them fix ai in tracked vehicles ;

- face frontal armor to enemy tank, apc, AT gunner

- fix driving issues,

- improve formation keeping

- give us option to manualy lase target to get range, instead of endless range finding on march.

- set tank crew as enginer, give toolkit to tanks

-set toolkits available to take in hands (without need for backpack), eventually add backpacks in tanks.

• Like 3

I'm hoping that with the JETS DLC, there will be some well implemented anit-aircraft support - mobile and stationary. It would be ideal if some AA assets could be relocated, like on a towable trailer, and then deployed.

• Like 3

Hi, can anyone tell me what's the difference between buying arma 3 from the store itself and steam? is the key region locked? any help would be appreciated, replies or pm, will delete this comment later thank you for your help!

[i hope this the right place to talk about this - wasn't sure if I should start a new thread]

I'm guessing Arma 4 will have some level of engine overhaul. To me, this is ideally what would happen:

• Threading model would be redone with a render thread, a master game thread, and then a pool of worker threads. Anything that involves waiting - like disk or network I/O - would be done non-blocking with a prioritized work queue.

• Threads would never be tied up waiting for I/O - workflows/tasks would be as necessary, but the threads could be doing something else. This is how modern multithreading works.

• The render thread would never be tied up waiting for game logic. It would only be tied up as necessary to load assets from disk. It would never have to wait for locks - it would render each object in the state it was in when it got to it. If temporary copying was necessary, this would still be more efficient than waiting for unpredictable game logic to run.

• The scripting engine would be switched from SQF to ECMAScript/JS 7 (or C# Script - even more preferable to me, but others might disagree).
    • ES7, or Javascript 7, as some people would know it, is an almost universally known language. It is one of the most optimized dynamic languages due to extensive work done by browser and nodejs devs. There are extensive libraries available for use with it. It is easy to sandbox for security.
    • This would allow the async scripting that SQF currently supports without the weird syntax. ES7 supports the await keyword which allows a piece of code to wait until something completes/occurs before continuing the code, without blocking the thread it executes on. For example, the typical "give weapons back on respawn" script:
      while(true){
         await until(() => !player.isAlive());
         _weapons = player.weapons;
         await until(() => player.isAlive());
         _weapons.forEach(w => player.addWeapon(w));
      }
  • DirectX 12 support of course.

• Support for underground objects without hacks. Currently you have to lower the terrain to add underground objects, and then when the objects above them are outside of object view distance, you can see the holes in the ground.

• Earth curvature. Once we can get better FPS (see the above items), some people will want to raise view distance further.

• Like 2

I do have to say I bought Arma III and I am hooked, I suck but still love the game. I have not seen a post on the subject of weapon slot two aka "rocket launcher" is there a script to allow sniper rifels to be loaded into the slot and regular assult rifles only in rifle slot. or would BIS think about adding that slot to be dual purpase I have seen Epoch I beleive loads the axe into the rocket launcher slot I think exile does it also. Any ideas would help thanks. PMach

• Like 2

I do have to say I bought Arma III and I am hooked, I suck but still love the game. I have not seen a post on the subject of weapon slot two aka "rocket launcher" is there a script to allow sniper rifels to be loaded into the slot and regular assult rifles only in rifle slot. or would BIS think about adding that slot to be dual purpase I have seen Epoch I beleive loads the axe into the rocket launcher slot I think exile does it also. Any ideas would help thanks. PMach

There is a mod for that-it works quite well http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31062

I am very new to this game and very interested!!!!  I have a core group of friends that I have been playing with for 15+ years....most I have never met.  We are all very interested in learning this game but based on what I have seen I think we are going to need some guidance.  Looking for another group or individual to help show me/ Us the ropes.  Please feel free to email me at bigdawgmt@gmail.com  Thanks for your time!!!

I've run 2 quad core Xeons now for 7 years and it's frustrating that this game doesn't utilize more cores. I'd like a core allotted to each AI..enemy AI and one for friendly AI, like the headless server thing. And 64 bit. I do believe it's still 32 bit right?

It's about AI and everyone by now should have enough cores to support this kind of thing to improve performance.

Frankly the graphics are beautiful, more than good enough especially if you're running a good GPU card.

There's plenty of content, lots of mods. 

What is needed is an engine that is AI focused so that more realistic behavior can be modeled. Realistic motorcades for example. As someone said above more realistic enemy unit behavior. Supressive fire that sort of works. Artificial Commander Mod should be purchased by  BI and   worked on comprehensively to upgrade it so that it's an expert enemy commander. 

I'm an old SPI wargamer and I want learning experiences, not run and gun  Call of Duty dog crap. 

I want strategy and tactics  that will inform me about the geopolitical implications of  new weapons systems.

• Like 1

Request:

Add a smooth transition for the camera when changing sight modes. If you switch between iron sights and optics, there is an instant transition, breaking immersion. To improve this, the camera could tween between the current sight position to the next sight position, perhaps in a duration of a tenth of a second.

I agree 100% with that idea guys.

Edited by EUROF

Whenever I am away for school or work, or like now adays, away for the holidays, it would awesome with a stand-alone 2D editor, (.sqm generator) which I could build my ideas on my laptop which can't run Arma at all. This way, I could use the ideas I get and make a rough "sketch" which I could transfer to my arma-folder when I get home and continue to build on.

Technically, how to solve this without the base-game is beyond my technical insight though :P

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, VTOLAFMPLS:3 said:

ViV for helicopters

Isnt that already possible> I was sure CUP has ViV in their super stallions and Chinooks

?

• Like 2

let the launcher slot be used for whatever weapon you want to shoulder, and let it swap with whatever you want to keep on your hands. 

I'd like (in Arma IV perhaps), the commands and functions provide the intended effect. Not so evident!

At this time, Arma engine overrides some behaviors, then what you intend to do. There aren't bugs, just a annihilation of scripted feature.

You already know some of them:

- when you decide to script "lights on" for a vehicle, the engine's behavior choose what to do along with the combat mode. All script writers need to write a fast and demanding loop to override the result of overridden  command;

- same for trying to select a launcher, no matter what for. selectWeapon works but, as far as you don't play as 3 FPS, you can't see the shift gun-launcher-gun, because the engine decides there is no reason to maintain this command, despite the wish of the writer. "commands" are so bad named in this case, as the engine seems to disobey the code!

- same for trying for an AI to fire any ammunition on any target or even on ground. This should be scripted within one or two lines of codes, no matter the vehicle or the target.

I guess there is no simple mean to do that, changing the arma engine logic for a "hang" on some command/function triggered.

Can we get also something like this :

Iomax Archangel

Since we got the Cessna with the Apex update it would be awesome to get some propeller engined Planes which are armed ;)

The Super Tucano would also do it:

9359muol.jpg

Some 2 Prop Armed Variants inside the JET DLC would be awesome.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the only aircraft type declared for the Jets DLC has been "air superiority jets".

On 18/02/2017 at 11:48 PM, McQuade said:

Can we get also something like this :

Iomax Archangel

Since we got the Cessna with the Apex update it would be awesome to get some propeller engined Planes which are armed ;)

The Super Tucano would also do it:

9359muol.jpg

Some 2 Prop Armed Variants inside the JET DLC would be awesome.

EMB-134 Super Tucano is one of the next models we'll bring to Arma with our Brazilian Armed Forces project.
=D

With the Tank DLC, i would like to suggest a small addition of survivability upgrades to MRAP's with a few additions.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m4QCV5YGah0/V-kck2ysY6I/AAAAAAABU2g/4XxNswfdNZU9WObG8c4x5IW3T0RrBoVCACLcB/s1600/JLTV_EOS_RWS_DSC5890_10x8_cmyk.jpg

Hunter with 30mm Upgrade

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/71/d1/29/71d129977b06e6ee08b64ddec4321802.jpg

Strider with AA/ATGM Upgrade

and the Ifrit with a GPPU Upgrade

• Like 1

maybe a bit much to ask but water spray like splashing from boats etc. are "flat" textures

can it be changed to particles like smoke or dust but heavier and less dense than smoke ? (i have no clue about particle effects and engine things)

i understand it is heavy on the FPS side but it would greatly improve visuals

(edit)

is it possible or is there any way to set the game time to real time ? maybe even have roughly simulated realtime weather ?

i don't mean like in the mission editor but for the game itself, over riding mission times etc.

would be a nice option to have, as i love it in flight simulators etc.

don't know maybe i am the only one :D

Edited by suiside
another request ...