Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Well, won't argue with that. Yet still M92 is kind of too archaic for vanilla setting. It can be compared with vanilla's PASGTs, but Bundeswehr isn't AAF.

That's not what I heard the last time.

PS: BTW, I don't know if you do know, but a lot of items from your list is already available in-game thanks to excellent BWMod. Also there's a separate mod for NH90 (Bundeswehr retexture).

http://www.focus.de/politik/deutschland/g36-wird-ausgemustert-von-der-leyen-will-neue-gewehre-fuer-die-bundeswehr_id_4931308.html

The Bundesverteidigungsministerium retired the G36, work currently one a list of demands for a Europe-wide announcement of a new assult rifle and until 2020 the replacement shall start :)

I know the BWmod, i have the BWmod ... and i talked with the modders of it. As good as the Mod is, they miss a lot things, is placed in the presence (not in 2035 like the basic game) and they have not the menpower to made all the things who would be nice ... so i get the idea that a Bundeswehr 2035 DLC would be nice (i think Bohemia has the resources to do it) ... at least also becasue the Germans always be just the "evil guys" in such games. Always you are just the USA ... i also have the NH-90 and even the retexture, but, no idea why, the retexture does not work by me

P.S. I eddited it for you ;)

The Bundesverteidigungsministerium retired the G36, work currently one a list of demands for a Europe-wide announcement of a new assult rifle and until 2020 the replacement shall start :)

You article is from the September 2015, mine is from October, so lets just agree that the fate of G36 in German Army is unsettled. Besides, Arma 3 is not simply futuristic, it definitely has some alternative reality tints, so even if G36 will remain in Bundeswehr's inventory as standard issue rifle it doesn't mean it has to in this fictional Armaverse reality. I was just curious about your reasoning, that's all.

... i get the idea that a Bundeswehr 2035 DLC would be nice...

It would, actually.

P.S. I eddited it for you ;)

I see you have changed M92 to MICH2002. It's not like I insisted that you should change your list (it's your list, after all), simply commented on it, but thanks, I guess.

You article is from the September 2015, mine is from October, so lets just agree that the fate of G36 in German Army is unsettled. Besides, Arma 3 is not simply futuristic, it definitely has some alternative reality tints, so even if G36 will remain in Bundeswehr's inventory as standard issue rifle it doesn't mean it has to in this fictional Armaverse reality. I was just curious about your reasoning, that's all.

It would, actually.

I see you have changed M92 to MICH2002. It's not like I insisted that you should change your list (it's your list, after all), simply commented on it, but thanks, I guess.

My list is at least just a interpretation who would look nice in such a DLC. And after a bit thinking i agree with you that the M92 helmet looks a bit to "old fashion" for the game ^^

So tell me wich you dont agree on my list and tell me your opinions about alternative vehicles who would fit :)

Edit: If we assume that the G36 will stay in the Bundeswehr, then as IdZ-variant, that's fore sure (yes, here we have the point that Arma 3 is relative fictional ^^) ... then my list for the assualt rifles would looks this way:

- G36 IdZ

• basiccolored black
  • sludge chalk camouflage

- G36 IdZ with AG36 grenade launcher

• basiccolored black

- G36K IdZ

• basiccolored black

- G36K IdZ with AG36 grenade launcher

• basiccolored black

- G36K IdZ KSK-custom with RAS-front

- G36C IdZ

• basiccolored black

- G27 (= HK417 with 16" barrel)

• basiccolored black
  • basiccolored two-tone brown

- G27 with AG40-2 grenade launcher

• basiccolored black
  • basiccolored two-tone brown

So tell me wich you dont agree on my list and tell me your opinions about alternative vehicles who would fit  :)

Well, after resolving the G36 and M92 issues I don't have any other disagreements with your list. Even with them it was quite adequate.

Of course, we can try to come up with some even more futuristic vehicles and equipment, for example "Leopard 3", preliminary works on which were rumored to begin in the last year, to replace Leopard 2, but I'm afraid it would require too much baseless speculations on our part, since hard facts about it and reference materials on it are simply non-existent. So to conclude: your current roster is quite fine, I don't really have any alternatives for its components in mind.

And at least they could come up anyway with such a "fictional modernization" like they give the American forces ^^

P.S. i find just some posts about the MBT Revolution technology demonstrator from Rheinmetall (at least a modernized Leo 2 A4) if i search for the planes of the Leopard 3 ... this tank is already ingame, as MBT-52 Kuma of the AFF forces (that was also the reason why i chose the Leo 2 A7+ altough the BW does not plane to buy it) ;)

-Ability for infantry to carry objects

-Ships capable of transporting objects, and vehicles of various sizes. (Hatchet's MKVSOC could be used as an example due to it's superior stability as a vessel mod)

-Various medium sized armed ships of varying capabilities for different factions

-Expanded Assemble option to build outposts and defensive emplacements during game-play

-More interesting military weapons that make gameplay more interesting.

• Like 2

@t.a.6

For example i dont think that the HMMWV should be a part of the game. Factum is, that this vehicle will be replaced in near future by the Oshkosh L-ATV ... who is already ingame, under the name "Hunter" ...

"-Ability for infantry to carry objects" - Yes please! Repair kit in hands would be awesomeness....

What about... after the Win campaign if you sided with Miller, Kerry escapes the island and goes rouge to find answers so more splinter hit cell man gameplay so like being able to use enemy uniforms If you are a Specific class (so if you are a black Op you can take Enemy uniforms but the average grunt can't) and lots of silenced weapons, infiltration  and Urban combat. you would have to dodge government forces and Bounty hunters trying to bring you to justice but this would take place 1-5 years after so the Government Miller and his team was working with has basically given him a crap ton of money for getting them the WMD but some members were not compensated and are jealous of miller so you have the chose to kill/incapacitate them for working with miller or risk them working with you and having them expose you to the Gov't or miller himself, as miller Rules his own tourist trap with a iron fist and reaps the reward from all the profit so he can fund his own military. so they would be initially non-hostile as they have no idea who you are. But as you Start causing trouble you start having to avoid Police units to then living in the forest but you would need to eat like altis life and DayZ so venturing into towns to steal food, water and whatever you need to survive would be inevitable. when you confront miller you have the option of killing him and leaving, killing him and declaring that you have taken over and that the island is yours, letting miller survive and allowing the stability of the nation continue, a fourth option where miller remains in controls but in really you control all aspects of life on the island and he is just a public relations figure or a fifth and final ending where Kerry never gets on the plane at the start and just goes home to live a semi-normal life.

but if you side with NATO the Reporter is Actually part of a mercenary group contracted by the US government  to find answers/miller/the weapon. the campaign will take part in altis stratis, some other nearby Greek islands, A Large city in the united states (Portland OR (where A certain Ben Kerry resides) and the final mission would take place in a Asian Metropolis where you must get to the heart of the situation.  the gameplay would involve you and the squad looking for Clues to the location of anything or anyone who can provide answers it would work like a detective game where after each successful mission you go back to base and analyze the clues and try to try to put the puzzle peaces together. you would have a monetary system so if you want that Uber cool Assault rifle to carry you through or those 3 extra mags you might sacrifice that  driver who was willing to scream through the streets to provide you with answers or you might have to slog through a minefield to find some answers for a local or recover lost items in high risk areas for families for more cash . there would be missions where you had the choice to ether kill anyone who gets in the way or might be working for CSAT or chill for a few days and let the locals do there thing. a trip to the united states to find answers among the veterans who were there and saw miller's shenanigans first hand there should be more then just Kerry who survived the initial flashpoint on Straits. maybe some troops escaped with a boat or Hijacked a chopper or even got taken prisoner by the AAF there should be a mission where you look for answers among the AAF vets as well so you can see why they did what they did. so eventually after you gather enough support to get to the bottom of it all you gather a team to infiltrate CSAT intelligence headquarters. Depending on how much Intel you gathered is how many people are in your team and the more likely you are to succeeding. I.e if you gather no Intel its just your squad with only your wits on how to pull it off but a low survival chance but if you get all the Intel you can basically pull it off blindfolded with a chopper, getaway van, battle music, etc, etc. so afterwards you find miller and well he is no longer among the living as he was a loose end and failed "them" and is forced to pull a Rommel (kill yourself or we hurt your family) (you can find out who "they" are if you succeed the Intel HQ heist) afterwards the US government is ether upset or pleased depending on how the heist went. if it went bad you get low profile jobs until you can prove yourself but this is a mistake as CSAT uses the weapon on US soil to get revenge for the Intel heist crippling the us allowing CSAT to rise up as a new global superpower. if you kicked CSAT Butts then the US gov't tasks you with hunting down the CSAT weapon and removing it from Existence (or alternatively making it seem like the weapon is a fluke and CSAT should abandon the project).

The first Campaign would teach about how people will go to any lengths to get revenge/what they want and how sometimes killing the bad guys isn't the right

The second Campaign would show in the fist half how war destroys peoples lives and how it can scar a nation for years and in the second half would show how one event can change the world

• Like 1

I could appreciate more permutations of existing equipment. Gun trucks, flatbed Hunters, things like that. Stuff that can enhance gameplay options without being too much effort or change to put in.

• Like 2

@t.a.6

For example i dont think that the HMMWV should be a part of the game. Factum is, that this vehicle will be replaced in near future by the Oshkosh L-ATV ... who is already ingame, under the name "Hunter" ...

I changed all of it, but HMMWV wil not be replaced by M-ATL in near future for sure, and even in enough further future HMMWVs will stay in service.

With regards to weapons resting - with machine guns in particular: Machine guns rested on a bipod do NOT climb with recoil. 

https://youtu.be/c11N3Q7efo8?t=1m18s

As you can see, the weapon just recoils backwards. The barrel doesn't climb. This is because the weight of the gun is bearing down on the bipod at the muzzle end. MGs are specifically engineered to do this. If you did, you'd see videos of guns climbing up, and their bipods coming off the ground. That doesn't happen IRL. 

It's rather frustrating that you can't stabilize your MG with your bipod when resting it on something. The MGs in ArmA are basically useless in this respect because you can't keep the gun pointed at your target for a burst. Instead, you have to fight the gun and pull it back down towards the target, and this doesn't happen in real life. In real life, you hold the gun with a firm grip, aim at your target and just fire. There's no fighting the recoil like you do in ArmA. The gun should vibrate and bounce around the point of aim somewhat creating a beaten zone, but it doesn't climb. 

• Like 1

I changed all of it, but HMMWV wil not be replaced by M-ATL in near future for sure, and even in enough further future HMMWVs will stay in service.

It's planed that until next year already ~ 30% of the light vehicles fleet shall be filled with the Oshkosh L-ATV ... i think until 2035, where the game is placed, the HMMWV will be gone ... and in therms of the game, i dont think that Bohemia will give you two vehicles for the same role ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

P.S. no one here who want to talk about my idea? :D --> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/119948-arma-3-community-wishes-ideasno-discussion/page-128#entry2976649

It's planed that until next year already ~ 30% of the light vehicles fleet shall be filled with the Oshkosh L-ATV ... i think until 2035, where the game is placed, the HMMWV will be gone ... and in therms of the game, i dont think that Bohemia will give you two vehicles for the same role ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

P.S. no one here who want to talk about my idea? :D --> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/119948-arma-3-community-wishes-ideasno-discussion/page-128#entry2976649

Agree, HMV will be replace, its stated on some sites, but google search is not hurting, just type "Humve replacement US army". (for everyone who dont believe)

As has been noted elsewhere however the JLTV orders were only meant to part-replace the HMMWV, both for budgetary reasons and because as this DOT&E report noted the weight/size of the JLTV imposed certain limitations, i.e. "JLTVs are slower to load, prepare for fording and transition to maneuver ashore than the [uparmored HMMWV] due to their larger size and movement delays awaiting adjustment of the vehicle suspension and tire pressure" when it came to amphibious assault operations, or the 'uparmored' (B-kit) JLTV being too heavy for external lift by CH-47F (though not too heavy for a CH-53E).

What's key in my book is: is there any way that you see LSVs with FFV and/or mounted weapons not filling a gameplay role gap in vanilla?

As has been noted elsewhere however the JLTV orders were only meant to part-replace the HMMWV, both for budgetary reasons and because as this DOT&E report noted the weight/size of the JLTV imposed certain limitations, i.e. "JLTVs are slower to load, prepare for fording and transition to maneuver ashore than the [uparmored HMMWV] due to their larger size and movement delays awaiting adjustment of the vehicle suspension and tire pressure" when it came to amphibious assault operations, or the 'uparmored' (B-kit) JLTV being too heavy for external lift by CH-47F (though not too heavy for a CH-53E).

What's key in my book is: is there any way that you see LSVs with FFV and/or mounted weapons not filling a gameplay role gap in vanilla?

http://www.army-technology.com/features/featureend-of-an-icon-the-rise-and-fall-of-the-humvee-4381884/

From your own link: "It's important to remember that JLTV is not a one-for-one replacement of the HMMWV... the HMMWV will remain with us for many years to come, filling several missions outside of a full-spectrum threat environment, and I'm confident it will provide useful service in those roles."

Dear devs, did you thinked about chernarus from DayZ as DLC for Arma 3? This island have best climat ever seen on Arma islands. There is no such clean as in other islands, it look as in the medium period of war. Playing on CUP_terrains Cherna (A2 port) i feel like a turist on wacations, not soldier on war. Can you consider this please? This would be only DLC i would buy for sure....

Chernarus Plus was ruled out by multiple devs due to it (like DayZ) still being WIP.

Chernarus Plus was ruled out by multiple devs due to it (like DayZ) still being WIP.

Pretty bad. I played DayZ one hour and i was suprised. Even broken glass was on the ground next to the cars. foliage, more bushes, destroyed building, option to search the car wrecks.... Its great, i hope if they finish it, it will be available for A3.

Pretty bad. I played DayZ one hour and i was suprised. Even broken glass was on the ground next to the cars. foliage, more bushes, destroyed building, option to search the car wrecks.... Its great, i hope if they finish it, it will be available for A3.

Therein lies the problem: "if they finish it" is entirely up to the DayZ team, much less the when, and the Arma 3 team can't hang their hat on hypotheticals like that.

Here is a long shot and a move that would make one currently overpowered aspect of the game less accessible but at the same time far more authentic to its real life counterpart compared to how it is now.

Remove the Artillery computer from the game and implement a different harder method into the game or better yet.

Include map tools/ Range tables and charge loads into the game.

https://youtu.be/0BjJGVp7jZs

Above video does a magnificent job showing how it would work.

such a move would allow indirect fire to be a viable new playstyle in both PVP and CO-Op arma 3 multiplayer .