Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

pettka was refering to my post about amphibious tracked vehicles!

and yes it should get a thread of its own!

Especially relevant with the proliferation of Chinese-originating (PLA and export) amphibious tracked armor that could be found in service with either CSAT or a new INDFOR... let's not just think AAVs and BMPs here.

Cool Story Bro, maybe they will also fix fps problems with expansion and find cure on AIDS.

sorry for offtopic btw.

Sorry, i think Kim Jong Un has a cure for AIDS patented already.

On topic note, mentioned in the latest sitrep was slight diolauge about research into DX12 and Arma 3 compatibility in the near future. Even though it's probably likely, i'm going to request that DX12 be integrated into Arma 3 sooner than the Expansion anyway.

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

I'd also like to ask you to use our forums for discussion. Please avoid posting

comments on Feedback Tracker that do not contain relevant information, add

details or are not useful for identification or solution of a given issue.

I'd say it's safe to create a thread about it now. Hehe, i guess the Feedback tracker isn't the place despite all odds.

Helmet cams that team mates can connect to.

For Tanoa, since it's a Rich country, how about a luxury speedboat?

img_bugatti_veyron_sang_bleu_speedboat_c

I really didnt know where to write about this, but i think i found something ideal, perfect for Arma 3 developers, and for players. Its new game engine, designed specially for games like arma with tons of features, easy to maintain, and to control, BIS devlopers, moderators - check it out :
http://www.outerra.com/

It is also more optimized, better use PC sources, and much, much more, read about features. I hope it will be good for you, beacuse to be honest = typical Arma engine in 4th part of arma will not work based on 32 bit structure and fatal script based functions.
And dont wory about visual effects - all can be added by simple .dll files.

This might be more of an engine request for the BI Devs to work on,

I would really like to see more attention paid upon the RscObjects class, this includes:

- Fixes upon crashes from ctrlSetModel.

- Resolution of screen affects positioning of xBack, yBack and zBack.

- New commands like ctrlSetModelRotation and ctrlGetModelRotation for easy rotation of the 3D Model.

- Special character model with proxies specifically for the RscObjects class.

- New commands such as ctrlSetModelProxy or ctrlGetModelProxy for proxies within models, such as the above. This way, you can add a model (e.g. Vest) to a specific proxy of the model.

I have noticed DayZ has made improvements to the class, so if you can BI Devs, please look into this.  :)

I really didnt know where to write about this, but i think i found something ideal, perfect for Arma 3 developers, and for players. Its new game engine, designed specially for games like arma with tons of features, easy to maintain, and to control, BIS devlopers, moderators - check it out :

http://www.outerra.com/

It is also more optimized, better use PC sources, and much, much more, read about features. I hope it will be good for you, beacuse to be honest = typical Arma engine in 4th part of arma will not work based on 32 bit structure and fatal script based functions.

And dont wory about visual effects - all can be added by simple .dll files.

Bohemia's aware of it (if only because of how many people keep mentioning it) but for now chose to go in a different direction by merging "typical Arma engine" with that of Take on Mars, and DayZ is claimed to be running on a "very early" version of this merge.
  • Like 1

More goats

Rabbits, goats, snakes, seagulls and whole zoo......

As for FPS i managed to reinstall whole system and it runs fine now (gain 15 FPS) so i have now constantly 25+ FPS what is totally enough in arma + all options, features works better.

BTW is there any option in editor to make tank stop at one place? I tried almost all comands an it seems not working - they allways move to attack enemy.

I think they should add nato weapons, because the nato forces probably wont get rid of their M16s or M4s. Because they are cheap to make. Also another weapon they should add is a Anti Tank rifle. (Anzio 20mm) and more weapons overall, assault rifles, pistols, sniper rifles, launchers, etc.

I think they should add nato weapons, because the nato forces probably wont get rid of their M16s or M4s. Because they are cheap to make. Also another weapon they should add is a Anti Tank rifle. (Anzio 20mm) and more weapons overall, assault rifles, pistols, sniper rifles, launchers, etc.

You know about modding community right? Who needs to pay more for some DLC with 4 rifles? If you are interested in m16/m4 i strongly recomend you RHS : Escaltion mod. ... May this be strange but i dont touch Vanilla since... year? I run it only to confirm bug adress.

CUP is that-a-way.

Thanks, I showed my brother who use to play ARMA 3 and said to him its a new ARMA 3 DLC pack, he then said wow that's awesome and he said yeah ARMA 3 use to look crap as in its all the same desert.

BIS, Since you've mentioned that you're going to change the menu, and that you're developing more instances of End Game so that it can be used for development input (basically), why not seperate MP servers like games such as Rust do?

Why not make 2 tabs in the MP browser, 'Official' and 'Unofficial' (perhaps even a seperation between unofficial and modded).

This way your gamemodes/servers would get more attention from the public, because they're the first thing people see when chosing MP, and moreover, new players would find it easier to get into MP. (because they're automatically chosing a gamemode made by you, instead of one made by the community that might not explain itsself as good as End Game does)

@Itsthomas the devs have some unspecified MP changes coming in the leadup to the expansion.

One thing I wish arma had that came standard was an option to switch eras. Such as switching from you know "present" day combat to WW2 combat. I would personally enjoy this but I know the game would probably be way to big.

A bit of gameplay Arma 3 - Do not you think that bots slightly insolent? find you immobile, lying in the bushes and shot almost without fail at the minimum visibility! When on your part, you must find a bot merged with the terrain, and (that damned) drunk crosshairs on him to indicate and 5 times (the body) to get there! Arma, not whether your insolent realism?

I'm realy curious about the opinions about my greazy suggestion in the "NO DISCUSION" Thread :D

I'm realy curious about the opinions about my greazy suggestion in the "NO DISCUSION" Thread :D

Well, while I'm rather doubtful to prospects of BI releasing a Bundeswehr DLC (certainly not in Apex, may be later, if there will be any big addons after Apex at all), it's always a pleasure to see a well-thought and orderly structured list. Couple of notes though:

1.) Don't you find that your list lacks a bit in futurism, which is an essential component of Arma 3 setting? For example, I don't really think any German soldier would still wear M92 in 2035, they should all move to FAST helmets (or even some other design that would replace FAST helmets) long before that date.

2.) Speaking of lack of futurism - why all the HK-416s? Just because of that overheating scandal? Wouldn't G36 in its IdZ variant be a more logical and futuristic choice?

Well, while I'm rather doubtful to prospects of BI releasing a Bundeswehr DLC (certainly not in Apex, may be later, if there will be any big addons after Apex at all), it's always a pleasure to see a well-thought and orderly structured list. Couple of notes though:

1.) Don't you find that your list lacks a bit in futurism, which is an essential component of Arma 3 setting? For example, I don't really think any German soldier would still wear M92 in 2035, they should all move to FAST helmets (or even some other design that would replace FAST helmets) long before that date.

2.) Speaking of lack of futurism - why all the HK-416s? Just because of that overheating scandal? Wouldn't G36 in its IdZ variant be a more logical and futuristic choice?

1. Not realy. If i look at the stuff ingame and compare them with the real ones. The most stuff already exist and is partially even older then all my elections. But sure, it could also be some fictional moderisations like the A-164 Wipeout ;)

2. The G36 is retired and will be replaced until 2020. So it's imposible that in 2035 will be a G36, even not the IdZ-variant ... i choose the HK416 because it is the most possible successor in therms of real existing stuff ;) 

I think it would be cool if we could get a face pack with expressions and emotion, so in screenshots all of our soldiers and civs don't look stoned. I take lots of screenshots and have noticed the banality of everyone sporting the same dazed expression.

I think it would be cool if we could get a face pack with expressions and emotion, so in screenshots all of our soldiers and civs don't look stoned. I take lots of screenshots and have noticed the banality of everyone sporting the same dazed expression.

Not sure if its still a valid command, but I know back in the OFP/ArmA 1&2 days you could use setMimic.

1. Not realy. If i look at the stuff ingame and compare them with the real ones. The most stuff already exist and is partially even older then all my elections. But sure, it could also be some fictional moderisations like the A-164 Wipeout ;)

Well, won't argue with that. Yet still M92 is kind of too archaic for vanilla setting. It can be compared with vanilla's PASGTs, but Bundeswehr isn't AAF.

2. The G36 is retired and will be replaced until 2020. So it's imposible that in 2035 will be a G36, even not the IdZ-variant ... i choose the HK416 because it is the most possible successor in therms of real existing stuff ;)

That's not what I heard the last time.

PS: BTW, I don't know if you do know, but a lot of items from your list is already available in-game thanks to excellent BWMod. Also there's a separate mod for NH90 (Bundeswehr retexture).