Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

<3! Awesome to see it's still alive, and in progress. Looking great so far, makes me wish i had more time to actually continue learning to 3D modeling.

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

Dan;2922772']BTW Dark' date=' was that MP or SP? You should try it in MP, we used to have issues with stuff like this but this was back in beta and I haven't tried since so i'm not sure how well it is working now in MP.[/quote']

Here is what i meant.

This is in MP, on an empty server i hosted though. Wasn't running ACE3 this time. Also, i demonstrate the Hemtt capabilities, which is the only truck with a proper LOD in the back, i think... Other trucks have a bigger blockage area, which causes the boxes to float in mid air. Though, i think the Vanilla crates are far too light weight.

We tried the RHIB back in beta, my clanmate drove it into the back of the hemmit then drove away ok with it. We changed it around and it worked for me too. However the problem came when he drove it into the truck, got out, and then i drove the truck which caused it to then fail to move, probably due to locality issues.

This probably has been said already, but without the ability to walk and place other vehicles on moving vehicles, I don't even want boats yet. What's the point of larger ships, possibly even with helipads, when you can't leave your positions? That's excusable in the small boats (why would you want to walk around on a vessel that isn't even 5 square meters large), but if you're on the bridge of a large(ish) ship and can't walk starboard to see if you can fit in the dock, that's just annoying.

If we ever got the tech though, that would be amazing though. Naval units are a huge part of warfare, and we certainly need this part in ArmA.

This probably has been said already, but without the ability to walk and place other vehicles on moving vehicles, I don't even want boats yet. What's the point of larger ships, possibly even with helipads, when you can't leave your positions? That's excusable in the small boats (why would you want to walk around on a vessel that isn't even 5 square meters large), but if you're on the bridge of a large(ish) ship and can't walk starboard to see if you can fit in the dock, that's just annoying.

If we ever got the tech though, that would be amazing though. Naval units are a huge part of warfare, and we certainly need this part in ArmA.

I can't get too into detail, at an airport. But, as of now we can walk on ships, and roadway LOD's as long as they're stationary. For now, that would be fine. In real life, walking around on a medium sized boat that's rocking a lot is going to cause you to fall over unless your holding on to something. So essentially, It can be like how ASDG built his, as a template. You walk onto the boat, pick seats, go out. Once stationary, your able to get up, walk around, interact with crates, binoculars, snipe an HVT or whatever. Though the most obvious valuable capability would be Naval Logistics, moving equipment via. Sea.

Hello,

So out of curiosity I was wondering if there may be any plans or if it could be made a priority to make DLC ships for ARMA. Maybe a cruise liner, Destroyer, Frigate, and patrol boat. It would be nice if they had some functionality as well. This way you could crawl around on them and have mission objectives on them. The fishing boat in game and would be a great start since it is already an asset but we can not run around on it yet.

I know there are some boats ported over from A2 and some people have been making but it would be nice to see a Sponsored or dev created one.

What do you think?

Hello,

So out of curiosity I was wondering if there may be any plans or if it could be made a priority to make DLC ships for ARMA. Maybe a cruise liner, Destroyer, Frigate, and patrol boat. It would be nice if they had some functionality as well. This way you could crawl around on them and have mission objectives on them. The fishing boat in game and would be a great start since it is already an asset but we can not run around on it yet.

I know there are some boats ported over from A2 and some people have been making but it would be nice to see a Sponsored or dev created one.

What do you think?

Moose, pilot 77th cav Server?

Anyways as nice as it would be a new boats dlc would probably only be apart of the new expansion that's if, the new map had inland waterways. You hear me bis giving us scuba and subs, then a broken environment with no water other than sea, you plonkers :D.

You hear me bis giving us scuba and subs, then a broken environment with no water other than sea, you plonkers :D.

Ah, come on! It's not that bad. Sure, it's all sea, but the coastlines of both Altis and Stratis are still pretty interesting.

First, I'm kind of thinking the stealth of the Blackfoot is forgotten in game. It seems like AA missiles have no more problem locking on to it [with composite body, stealth angles, and exhaust through tail rotor] than they do any other heli.

Oddly enough, 8 AA missiles from 2 Blackfoots failed to down a single high-flying Kajman for me last night. :-/

This leads me to the other issue with the Blackfoot:

The Commanche that the Blackfoot is designed after was never meant to be a heavy attack heli, although it allegedly could have been equipped with Hellfire missiles, its primary tasking was for recon. Hellfire missiles sure would be nice in ArmA.

In ArmA, the US forces need a legit gunship to compete with the awesome firepower of the Kajman, which is the tank killer that the AH-1Z or AH-64D is IRL.

I know that there are mods which supply these attack choppers, but that doesn't help standard ArmA games/missions, which currently have what I consider to be a large and unrealistic imbalance between the Blackfoot and Kajman. Plus, the modded versions don't support Rotorlib, which I absolutely love flying with, and I think offers far better control when you invest the time to learn it.

Either the AH-1Z or the AH-64D, or both, would be nice. They're basically the same thing now anyway, as the AH-1Z and AH-64D both have Longbow avionics targeting, and radar, use the same engines, and the 1Z has extended wings to carry more munitions.

It kind of stinks that we took a step back in Heli firepower for the US side and beefed up the opfor in comparison to ArmA 2.

This has already been brought up, 3 times or more...

And OP confuses BLUFOR with U.S.

I wonder how well those extended munitions play with the engines and transmission.

Anywho, plenty of other bluefor helicotpers to explore, even if the apache is also used by Britain, Israel, Dutch, and several others...we could still see a tigerP or heck why not go for the mangusta?

a tigerP or heck why not go for the mangusta?

Now they would be a nice change (but please make the Tiger the French one and not the German one which doesn't have a cannon)

Could be nice to have an enhanced version of the Apache or the EC-665 Tiger HAD (30mm canon, 68mm rockets and Hellfire missiles).

I think something along the lines of the MH60L Direct Air Penetrator for the Ghosthawk would be neat. Mainly because it has "penetrator" in the name and I'm sort of immature like that. I guess it'd also fit into the "special forces" style that NATO have going for them. (or that "BAS did all this in OFP and everyone loved them" style we've all been going with since ArmA.1, to be more exact :p )

Wouldn't be too much effort for BIS to add in, either. (compared with creating a new airframe and so on for something more akin to an Apache, anyhow)

I wouldn't mind a stealth version of the Apache or Viper in the expansion. :D

I think something along the lines of the MH60L Direct Air Penetrator for the Ghosthawk would be neat. Mainly because it has "penetrator" in the name and I'm sort of immature like that. I guess it'd also fit into the "special forces" style that NATO have going for them. (or that "BAS did all this in OFP and everyone loved them" style we've all been going with since ArmA.1, to be more exact :p )

Wouldn't be too much effort for BIS to add in, either. (compared with creating a new airframe and so on for something more akin to an Apache, anyhow)

I remember seeing an icon for a Ghosthawk with one of those giant refueling probes like on the DAP, but that's about it. Interesting thought, but not much came out of it.

Commanche was not only designed for recon, but also pitched to be an attack heli killer.

With advanced flight model I thought the Blackfoot would have been given a platform to show its true potential. And finally get some real love from the player base.But alas wasn't to be.

I remember seeing an icon for a Ghosthawk with one of those giant refueling probes like on the DAP, but that's about it. Interesting thought, but not much came out of it.

Medevac mate.

Medevac mate.

Wasn't there multiple variants shown of Ghosthawk?

I wish to see those in the future, maybe in the next expansion? :confused: Trying not to get any hopes up, one can wish these things didn't get the axe so much.

Naval attacks from island to island would be pretty much MORE interesting :D

Will there ever be variants of current vehicles? I remember seeing artwork of different types of Ghosthawks before Helo DLC. And could't help myself thinking will we ever see any of this in game.

Currently vehicles feel lacking at times. For example armed Ghosthawk. AMV, Marid, Panther and MRAP:s could use TOW missiles variants, Offroads could have GMG, and TOW versions, Pawnee variant could have AGM missiles, even 30mm autocannon for Hellcat. A holy minigun on a Hunter MRAP, anyone? The lack of assets in the best combined arms game is disturbing.

And I couldn't give hoot if all assets are copypasted from existing vehicles. A cannon's a cannon and it doens't really matter what it looks like.

What are your thoughts and what kind assets would you like to see? No new vehicles, just using existing weapons on existing vehicles.

Edited by R0adki11
removed inappropiate comments

This has been bugging me lately when I recently changed my steering controls for air vehicles (I use some numpad buttons and W A S D) and I wanted to use spacebar as my shooting button for air vehicles but there is only one shooting control and it makes it impossible to use keyboard only in air vehicles with weapons.

Default helicopter commands are not logical (pedals and half cyclic on mouse instead of full cyclic on mouse, which would have been logical since in a real helo pilot has all the cyclic in one hand : the stick), so if you redefine cyclic on the mouse, it's impossible to control parachute because you have freelook and turn left/right on the same control.

Edited by Zigomarvin
  • Like 1