Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Yeah I have to agree. It would be cool to have, but Jets and Boats get used far less than anything else, at least in my groups missions; they're usually just there as a support or transport role, and often can just simulated or explained away.

Not saying that it's not something that would be great to have in the future, maybe as a DLC update, but I completely understand why it was considered low priority for the devs.

Hmmm... Well for a start, it is BIS's last DLC. The next major update we will see is the very mysterious Expansion that no one knows much about. What can be said, is that ther will most certainly be law enforcement and maybe some medical forces, they wouldn't create assets for said things and not finish it. This could also mean the return of the shotguns we saw, KSG for example, would be a nice law enforcement weapon. That or just new gear. Besides that though, there is much to be seen. Females? As civilians, and at most, coast guard, law enforcement. No female soldiers/grunts. As far as transport aircraft to, C-17? Probably want to find something more modern... And not so big.

As for the expansion however, BIS you guys better plan on a more robust Naval scene if any new factions are the slightest of Asian geography. There are so many possibilities and game opportunities for the Naval scene in Arma 3 that's yet to be touched. I could throw in a couple of perfect examples later if you'd like.

Thank you for your kind reply :) An expantion pack sounds nice, and i really hope to see some of the features your are talking about, that is what i want :)... I dont care about female soldiers, though i think it would be great, but female civilians would do a great thing in the game for me and for Milsim, so really hope to see this in game.

It's fine if we cant have a bigger transport airplane, but i would love to have it in the game too, maybe i must stick to the mods on this one.

And i totally support your request with the naval units, there are so much Water and it would be perfect with some more naval units, fregats and patrole boats and navy units :)

best regards

Dennis

If the next expansion terrain is made up of several islands/has lots of waterways then I can see boats being put to use more often. Btw I think amphibious assaults are awesome

Edited by SomeSangheili

Yeah I have to agree. It would be cool to have, but Jets and Boats get used far less than anything else, at least in my groups missions; they're usually just there as a support or transport role, and often can just simulated or explained away.

Not saying that it's not something that would be great to have in the future, maybe as a DLC update, but I completely understand why it was considered low priority for the devs.

That's easily said, but without serious consideration. That would be reasonable for Arma 2, but not anymore. Now that BI has overhauled pretty much the basis of Naval combat, being able to dive, and having actual wave changes with weather, and only having 2 kinds of boat is utterly disappointing. And now, look at the setting. In Arma 2, it was a large mainland beside coast line. Boast we're not important then, really. Now we see the Mediterranean islands, and we he less Naval assets than Arma 2 had. It is a problem, and it does need a fix. Mentioned in the first post, we have assault boats, the rubber ones. They painted one of those orange and called it a rescue boat. Not convincing for what BI could have done.

Yeah, and you can argue it's the same thing as jet additions. Not quite, in fact, Naval Assets tie more into Infantry core gameplay more so than you think, especially in an Island theatre like what we have now. And hearing that there will be water come the Expansion, why not fix the dead oceans? The reason no one uses Naval assets in missions, is because there are no important Naval assets. Nothing worth using, it's all imaginary. I've played missions where the beginning was just a description of a landing by sea. Quite boring, no landing took place. That's the equivalent of writing a description of a land force just arrived near the airfield in Zamaks. Thing is though, there are none In the mission. We want you to just visualize that, but continue I foot. Just believe. Come on now.

It's not just about re painted assets and the lack of. But as I forgot to mention, I'll keep it short, but Amphibious vehicles struggle in Arma 3. Havn't tested it since Marksman update, but the AMV, Strider, Marid, and Gorgon all get stuck when transitioning from water to land. Their performance is crazy slow compared to how day I've seen some amphibious vehicles move, and when turn side to side, they don't perform as expected. They drift strafe sideways unrealistically. The Naval Scene needs fixing.

I never envision naval assets ever playing a significant role in arma.

They are cool and all but I don't see the community being all gun ho about boats.

As this isn't a wish thread I can safely say that I wouldn't use any of these new fighter boats personally. But an old fishing boat fur sneaky insertions would be just the thing. And no, not that kind of insertion though.

I miss civilian boats far more than military ones. The Arma 2 fishing boat in particular. I've always wanted to see little rowing boats as well, since they've been scattered all over the coastline since Arma 2. The only kind of military craft I would use would be static props like the OFP LST or the carrier from A2. I'd be more interested in BIS continuing work on diving, since they pretty much lost interest in it after the alpha.

The naval aspect of Arma really could use some attention. All that diving and water stuff, and nobody uses it anyway.

I'd fucking love to have one littoral vessel for each side. Something that is really useful and that is effective far into the island, something like:

Visby

Braunschweig

Steregushchy

Any news on changing vehicle loadout configuration!? e.g A-143 Buzzard with rocketpods, Minigun only A-9 hummingbird, or bombs only A-100. In PvP battles the AGM:s are just too easy to lock to be fair to use (basically just point and click).

I must Agree with DarkSideSixOfficial

I even once wrote about that BI should make a Navy DLC, with more for the people who really want to have the Navy in the game too, to begin with, there is alot of water on both maps for vanilla arma 3, why not use it, i dont say that we should get the biggest boats and a hole fleet, but like DarkSideSixOfficial is writing about, smaller support ships, patrole boats and so on. I think that is a really great idea, and i support it, i know there are other people who would love to have more naval equipment to play with, why should they not give it to us ?? I think it feels like BI only listning too their favorit modders and community, not to all the players, if that is true, then its really sad.

My list of Ships i think could make the Navy part better would be something like this:

1. Fregats - something like this one (http://marineschepen.nl/schepen/f125.html) or this (http://www2.forsvaret.dk/nyheder/intops/Pages/T%C3%A6tp%C3%A5Somaliaskyst.aspx)

2. Patrole boats - Like these (http://www.fassmer.de/shipbuilding/naval-vessels/offshore-patrol-vessels/80-m-offshore-patrol-vessel/) or (http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/le-patrouilleur-ladroit-deploye-sur-la-campagne-de-thon-rouge)

3. Smaller patrole boat - (http://laststandonzombieisland.com/2014/08/11/florida-states-85-foot-patrol-boat/) or (http://www.swedeship.se/?page_id=19)

these are just exampels, but these would look nice in game, and people would have a feel of the Navy, they should also with the ships, make some naval units and uniforms.

Its should be a DLC, so you guys who do not want the navy units, doesnt have too.

best regards

Dennis

Edited by DennisLongbeard

Even if it's just bigger boats that'd be fine. Like the rescue boat for example, they could have made a nice medium sized coat guard boat like the one in the original post. It's not armed. But armed or un-armed, Arma 3 could use a fix on the Naval assets. I too would lov civilian boats, medium ones, we have a lot of small boats with reprints already. I would be cool if BI could even give each faction proper gunboats now that it's pretty much done. NATO can keep it's gunboat, and maybe the AAF, but why the hell does CSAT use the same boat with a new paint? It's a completely different Organization. There are a ton of small modern/2035 concepts out there right now. Copy and pasting is no good anymore.

I never envision naval assets ever playing a significant role in arma.

They are cool and all but I don't see the community being all gun ho about boats.

This argument is something that comes up regularly in gaming when someone mentions 'missing' features, I find, and it's a self-replicating problem. We have no boats, so we don't use boats; Therefore, we don't need boats because we don't use boats. I'm sure if the naval stuff was more robust (a medium-large vessel doing pirate hunts, some oil rig structures to raid, etc) we'd find they were used far more in missions. I'm not going to argue that the game needs them and will never be complete without them, but a large part of A3's dev hype was the new naval assets which were never really expanded upon. I'm all for the introduction of new assets which we don't already have.

The Marksman DLC payment got a bit of a talking-about on the forums here simply because we can download modded guns any time for free and we have plenty of people who know how to successfully add new models. If BIS could lead the way in adding a couple of new naval structures and units in addition to polishing how watery units are handled, modders would likely be able to get developing more from that base, ultimately bringing far more content from the foundations that are presented to the community.

Tl;dr- Could be cool.

There is only one solution to this!

NAVAL DLC INCOMING!

I dont know why this game is so hard lacking ship enviorment. Some working submarines, some destroyer, some aircraft carrier and we would have a lot of fun on the sea in arma too.

Edited by Clawhammer

There is only one solution to this!

NAVAL DLC INCOMING!

I dont know why this game is so hard lacking ship enviorment. Some working submarines, some destroyer, some aircraft carrier and we would have a lot of fun on the sea in arma too.

I wouldn't go anywhere close to Destroyers and Aircraft carriers that are player controlled. That's going into area's too complex for BIS to put in game in a reasonable manner. However though, the biggest ship I think would ever fit in the Armaverse is a Modernized version of Malta's P61 boat. It's heli deck is big enough to land a Hellcat, and is armed with 1 x 25mm cannon. Anyway though, medium boats would be fine. They fixed the Laser Designators being copy and paste, now it's time to change up the boats. Also, something about a Gear Box for amphibious vehicles in the Dev Update, wonder what that is.

This argument is something that comes up regularly in gaming when someone mentions 'missing' features, I find, and it's a self-replicating problem. We have no boats, so we don't use boats; Therefore, we don't need boats because we don't use boats. I'm sure if the naval stuff was more robust (a medium-large vessel doing pirate hunts, some oil rig structures to raid, etc) we'd find they were used far more in missions. I'm not going to argue that the game needs them and will never be complete without them, but a large part of A3's dev hype was the new naval assets which were never really expanded upon. I'm all for the introduction of new assets which we don't already have.

I have to agree with this, the only reason you see such minimal amount of naval vessel use is due to a lack of vessels. At the moment the only available armed vessel is a copy and pasted death trap that can't survive more than a few seconds in a high threat environment. Something with more firepower and the ability to not get destroyed by a single cannon/rocket hit, or lose its whole crew to a good burst from an MG, would certainly help make naval assets more useful. There's a whole slew of current and up and coming littoral combat ships that would be adequate for this. Personally, I would like to see even more powerful ships, especially the Zumwalt, as the biggest selling point of it these days is it's ability to operate in the littorals and provide fire support with the AGS. Would it be a bit overpowered if all it's weapons capabilities were modeled in, of course. But that is for the mission maker to sort out. Even if it was only made to be a static gun/missile site in game it would still be a very useful asset. Something along the lines of an LHD like the Khe Sanh from arma 2 wouldn't go a miss either as it was a pretty useful off shore base.

All that being said, I feel the civilian side needs the most love here, as it just seems pointless to me to have all that harbor space on altis, and nothing but a single trawler to occupy it. some tankers, container ships and various sizes of fishing vessels would be a very nice addition, maybe even get fancy and add a yacht or cruise ship of some sort. Kayaks, Canoes, and other row boat types would also be nice, if they went through the trouble of adding a rowing animation.

There's just too much potential for the naval side of things for me to be satisfied with copy/pasta floating condoms and sea technicals.

I wouldn't go anywhere close to Destroyers and Aircraft carriers that are player controlled. That's going into area's too complex for BIS to put in game in a reasonable manner. However though, the biggest ship I think would ever fit in the Armaverse is a Modernized version of Malta's P61 boat. It's heli deck is big enough to land a Hellcat, and is armed with 1 x 25mm cannon. Anyway though, medium boats would be fine. They fixed the Laser Designators being copy and paste, now it's time to change up the boats. Also, something about a Gear Box for amphibious vehicles in the Dev Update, wonder what that is.

Stuff i mentioned is already out on armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma3_files_addons_vehicles_sea

So it is possible. BI could just bring these models out (With better quality) and add some new features that improve the experience and the naval dlc is done. (Badass Feature would be walking on moving ships, but that will be a dream forever i guess :-( )

At lease a fully working carrier for jets/heli would be nice. So i can make invade xyz island missions again :D

Edited by Clawhammer

yesterday i downloaded a SP mission "finding pandora tango", i played like a diver it was really funny

maybe give to divers more attention , with some tools device etc

Stuff i mentioned is already out on armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma3_files_addons_vehicles_sea

So it is possible. BI could just bring these models out (With better quality) and add some new features that improve the experience and the naval dlc is done. (Badass Feature would be walking on moving ships, but that will be a dream forever i guess :-( )

At lease a fully working carrier for jets/heli would be nice. So i can make invade xyz island missions again :D

This is another thing i wanted to mention. You can land helicopters on a ship while it's moving, if it's designed right. Helicopters work great. However, the man class is only able to walk around and do stuff when the ship is stationary.

There is however, a script that allows the man class moving on a moving object of any kind with a Roadway LOD

but the problem is that it's hacky.

If those were improved, than i could see room for implementation of bigger ships in the Vanilla Naval Scene. But as of now, Medium ships are the only logical choice. While those could be improved, as they look very solid from the video's, it could be some kind of Feature upgrade to the engine. But anyhow, the best Meduim Boat i've seen is the ASDG Mk V Soc, and it sets the baseline for how the Naval scene should have been, from the start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOEty-nRh6M

He explains so issues, but from what you can see, look how solid it is. Look how he boards the boat, as i mentioned, while stationary, it's possible to do this. The detail, and the feel of being able to walk in and around a medium vessel like that. This is what would fix the Naval scene. If BI could get to this level of detail with Naval assets, i would be using the water more. A lot of people would, actually. No one uses it now, because there is barley a reason to.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Really interesting.

It is pretty brilliant it reminds me almost as if they designed a weapon to fire high velocity grenades. Which begs to question why havent they designed a underbarreled or standalone grenade launcher that can absorb the recoil of 40x53mm high velocity grenades such as those found on the mk19.

There is indeed PRC production of 40 mm GLs but apparently for export, i.e. the aforementioned LG3 (40 x 53 mm) and LG5, as well as the LG4 revolver-type and LG6 semiautomatic (40 x 46 mm).

According to the ARES report the 35 x 32 mm grenade was innovated due to the ammo design team determining that Russian 30 x 29 mm was however-slightly too small for an effective HEAT round, while "using equivalent design decisions to the American 40 x 46 or 40 x 53SR mm calibres would result in a weapon that was too large and bulky to fit with the Chinese doctrinal vision for the employment of the AGL" that led to the QLZ87 to begin with. Not as certain why the PLA decided to keep 35 x 32 mm despite the change of doctrine... maybe the PLA felt about 35 x 32 mm like the US military does about 5.56 mm? :p

Note that the PLA's UGLs for the QBZ95 rifle family are also in 35 mm, the Type 91B/QLG91B (previously modeled for Operation Half Moon, though if that first link doesn't work then imagine a M203-resembling UGL) and the Type 10/QLG10 (uses caseless grenades in the style of the VOG-25; the QLG10A has the trigger guard underneath that of the Type 95-1/QBZ95-1, and here's a close-up of the QLG10A's sight assembly).

Here's a higher-res link for the PLAN Marines photos with the QLU11 version, and there's a three-part interview about the LG5 that allegedly mentions programmable grenade support, thereby reminding me of the XM25 CDTE...

Any news on changing vehicle loadout configuration!? e.g A-143 Buzzard with rocketpods, Minigun only A-9 hummingbird, or bombs only A-100. In PvP battles the AGM:s are just too easy to lock to be fair to use (basically just point and click).
None -- you can use the addWeapon and/or removeWeapon commands for custom mission scripts but otherwise the existing aircraft loadouts are all seemingly just-as-planned and BI's never mentioned plans to change this, although they did add a PO-30 Orca variant alongside the Helicopters DLC.

Here's a higher-res link for the PLAN Marines photos with the QLU11 version, and there's a three-part interview about the LG5 that allegedly mentions programmable grenade support, thereby reminding me of the XM25 CDTE...None -- you can use the addWeapon and/or removeWeapon commands for custom mission scripts but otherwise the existing aircraft loadouts are all seemingly just-as-planned and BI's never mentioned plans to change this, although they did add a PO-30 Orca variant alongside the Helicopters DLC.

As I figured ... :(. You would think adding a few new variants of each aircraft wouldn´t be a big workload. All the pods and guns are already available as models so adding a few variants should be an pretty easy job. The problem with the scripts are that the visual load out wont change, and a rocket only Buzzard wont look or behave like one even though a script would give it a different load out.

Well just need to start hoping for a fixed wing DLC maybe... :) and considering how much else needs tweaking and fixing it wont probably be very high on their list. My second item on my wish list is a redo of the CSAT faction uniform (just a small tweak for a more conventional look)... but that one wont be coming ever either I think. I´m just out of luck I think... :) Mods are ok, but usally buggy and support vary.

@ DarkSideSixOfficial: Without wanting to throw cold water on the whole idea... a Patria NEMO-style mortar boat* would at least bring a meaningful gameplay difference by bringing indirect fire (complete with artillery computer) to the water, but with your "actual Cause Guard Boat" and "Medium Transport/Patrol Boats" (both M18-S and Mark VI) proposals I run into something that's been bugging me... what would they do?

That is to say, without unscripted walking on moving vehicles we don't get safe (read: underway) get-in/disembark in "mother vessels", so underway helicopter and/or RIB launch/recovery are out, and without those... what would even a 25 m armed boat, much less a 'medium' vessel such as a P61-style design, be besides an enlarged and upgunned Speedboat with an enclosed crew cabin? I ask this at least in part because of how many players would be (and how many have declared themselves to be) satisfied with a static, non-moving weapons platform and/or a helicopter/RIB launch/recovery platform, such as:

Even if it was only made to be a static gun/missile site in game it would still be a very useful asset. Something along the lines of an LHD like the Khe Sanh from arma 2 wouldn't go a miss either as it was a pretty useful off shore base.
At least with the M18-S there's "landing craft" potential in the style of Iron Front: D-Day's LCVP Carrier...

Oh, and page 2 besides this post is a sterling example of why the devs probably don't read these threads, due to how inevitably they lead to people wanting frigates or carriers or submarines...

* While you linked to and English-language media tends to show the forward-mounted NEMO, remember that the system was also retrofitted with an aftward mount onto six UAE Navy Ghannatha-class "Fast Troop Carrier" boats (24 m) to form their mortar boats.

At the moment the only available armed vessel is a copy and pasted death trap that can't survive more than a few seconds in a high threat environment.
I'd dare suggest that that's mitigated by BI having never simulated the surface "high threat" of armed big ships... and if you meant air threats, I can only but think "Speedboat (Titan AA)". :p As for "more firepower and the ability to not get destroyed by a single cannon/rocket hit, or lose its whole crew to a good burst from an MG"... see above about the OP's proposals essentially being "an enlarged and upgunned Speedboat with an enclosed crew cabin", although I believe that the last part means validating existing RCWS "crew invulnerability" complaints, whereas the current Speedboats' open-air (albeit with a degree of forward/side protection) commander's seat leaves them not so different from a RHIB (Mk19) with gunnery upgrades in the form of PiP/NV/TI/adjustable zeroing.

(Speaking of the Arma 2 RHIB, if they're based on the 11 meter RIB, I wonder how long Arma 3's Speedboats are?)

@ DarkSideSixOfficial: Without wanting to throw cold water on the whole idea... a Patria NEMO-style mortar boat* would at least bring a meaningful gameplay difference by bringing indirect fire (complete with artillery computer) to the water, but with your "actual Cause Guard Boat" and "Medium Transport/Patrol Boats" (both M18-S and Mark VI) proposals I run into something that's been bugging me... what would they do?

That is to say, without unscripted walking on moving vehicles we don't get safe (read: underway) get-in/disembark in "mother vessels", so underway helicopter and/or RIB launch/recovery are out, and without those... what would even a 25 m armed boat, much less a 'medium' vessel such as a P61-style design, be besides an enlarged and upgunned Speedboat with an enclosed crew cabin? I ask this at least in part because of how many players would be (and how many have declared themselves to be) satisfied with a static, non-moving weapons platform and/or a helicopter/RIB launch/recovery platform, such as:At least with the M18-S there's "landing craft" potential in the style of Iron Front: D-Day's LCVP Carrier...

Oh, and page 2 besides this post is a sterling example of why the devs probably don't read these threads, due to how inevitably they lead to people wanting frigates or carriers or submarines...

* While you linked to and English-language media tends to show the forward-mounted NEMO, remember that the system was also retrofitted with an aftward mount onto six UAE Navy Ghannatha-class "Fast Troop Carrier" boats (24 m) to form their mortar boats.I'd dare suggest that that's mitigated by BI having never simulated the surface "high threat" of armed big ships... and if you meant air threats, I can only but think "Speedboat (Titan AA)". :p As for "more firepower and the ability to not get destroyed by a single cannon/rocket hit, or lose its whole crew to a good burst from an MG"... see above about the OP's proposals essentially being "an enlarged and upgunned Speedboat with an enclosed crew cabin", although I believe that the last part means validating existing RCWS "crew invulnerability" complaints, whereas the current Speedboats' open-air (albeit with a degree of forward/side protection) commander's seat leaves them not so different from a RHIB (Mk19) with gunnery upgrades in the form of PiP/NV/TI/adjustable zeroing.

(Speaking of the Arma 2 RHIB, if they're based on the 11 meter RIB, I wonder how long Arma 3's Speedboats are?)

I try to stay away from the whole aircraft carrier nuclear submarine fiasco due to the fact it will never happen. This is mainly to help shed light on the dead sea's. Look at the first picture. Speedboat armed, and the rubber boats. That's what we have. Now, what if one of 3 factions got an updraded platform to one of the larger boats I mentioned. This would mean one less faction with the same damned thing, with just another texture. I mean, when you think about it, that essentially the same as giving the FIA a freaking A-10 Wipeout, and throwing FIA camo's on it, literally. And it's not like walking on boats isn't already a thing per say, example being LCS-1, and the MK V SOC. Only thing is, LCS-1 is far too big for Vanilla Arma 3. Walking can only be done while stationary. But to be honest, that's better than not being able to walk on an object at all, which is how Arma 3 is designed now, which is part because BIS see no cause for it, and part because all of their gear is designed where there are no walkable surfaces.

What would the boats I mentioned do... Well, those were examples to get BI to be creative. Though some of the designed are quite future, but besides that they are the "Tempest" of the sea. Transport ships for at least about 2-4 squads capability. Not just that though, when you look at what we have now, they could take one of their copy paste boats and just switch it out with a new design that fits said faction, and change it up to at least make it feel like their is variety.

No, but what I'm interested in, are improvements of the Naval Scene in general. The only medium boats we see, there are none. The Speedboat is fairly small. Something better designed like the MK V SOC, I mention it as an example because really, it's the only boat that illustrates what is possible in Vanilla scale that works great and looks great. A few medium boats like that with walkable interior and exterior would be amazing. No one walks on a moving boat of this size anyway, so it's beyond fantastic if it's possible when stationary. It could fill roles that said boat was meant to fill. It could be armed or in armed. The thing is, we don't have much now. Now of course you may think just putting in more boats is a silly idea, un armed has no purpose. Well, civilians aren't going to be running around with Armed boats. Lol, unless... Nvm. Well, the. Brings up a Medium sized ship for Coast Guard Rescue, which currently uses an Orange painted RHIB... They must be poor, and they probably loose more personal rescuing people than the AAF lost in Combat.

As for capability if said Medium Cargo Ship or something along those lines, I would love to demonstrate this, but to do so, I would need ACE3 and MK V SOC to show you what I mean. Unfortunately, none are out yet. Well, ACE is kinda out, but we'll have to wait for ASDG to finish his amazing boat.

Alright, First Example of Naval Capabilities other than just looks, and shooting.

This is all i could pull off with a restricted gunboat. Now, with the Mk V Soc, i could load about 6 larger crates and transport them via. Sea. This is just one example of naval capabilities. This is all thanks to working PhysX, which is amazing. Now just incorporate some ships with better design, walkable Interior, exterior as you saw there, i had to jump and release the medical supplies to get them decently on board. With a walkable boat, which is well within Arma's capabilities now, i could have simply walk aboard and place the crates nicely where i wanted them, more than one. Now imagine logistical support when a helicopter isn't available, or you know what? A mobile Medical station, on a rescue boat you can walk around inside of. It's Possible! They need to give us a reason to use their new overhauled ocean, and then people will use it, i know i sure will, just give us the proper assets to do so, BI. It needs work. It can be done.

I like the idea of the medium sized boats (some sort of Rhib carrier that you can use to transport troops) or even a small landing craft. I do feel its a great shame that BIS put all this work into water to do essentially... well essentially nothing with it. I'm still hoping the expansion pack builds on it though.

BTW Dark, was that MP or SP? You should try it in MP, we used to have issues with stuff like this but this was back in beta and I haven't tried since so i'm not sure how well it is working now in MP. I'm guessing you were using ACE for that menu and to carry stuff?

Dan;2922772']I like the idea of the medium sized boats (some sort of Rhib carrier that you can use to transport troops) or even a small landing craft. I do feel its a great shame that BIS put all this work into water to do essentially... well essentially nothing with it. I'm still hoping the expansion pack builds on it though.

BTW Dark' date=' was that MP or SP? You should try it in MP, we used to have issues with stuff like this but this was back in beta and I haven't tried since so i'm not sure how well it is working now in MP. I'm guessing you were using ACE for that menu and to carry stuff?[/quote']

Funny thing is, it works fine in Multiplayer. I don't have footage of that, but i was using Zeus. I played 6 Supply crates into the back of a Hemtt and transported it up from flat ground into the hills, and to a small FOB. Though, you can't drive fast, i was around 45-50 k/ph at most. Though, you wouldn't see speeding trucks doing delivery missions either. :cool:

Yeah, i was using ACE3. I love it. No servers that run with it yet, unfortunately. I'm waiting for a Wasteland with ACE or something along TvT lines that includes flexability to do different roles, all in support of a main team. If you want, ill make a video of that Hemtt transport thing again.

Yes. I as well do hope they expand upon what they've made, especially in the Expansion. Much more can happen in the sea if they do it right. Imagine boarding a medium Boat to seize some weapons crates or Medical supplies from a group of un-suspecting players. Or, there's just more that is capable, and Naval Logistics is just one of them. It provides another opportunity to transport things besides air. It just makes so much sense to fix the broken Naval scene we have now, there isn't much being done about it besides from certain mods. not to say they don't have great mods, things like the LCS-1 and LCS-2 are cool, one of which was used to demonstrate a new complex script that, from the looks of it, has been abandoned. But those are great, as mods. What Vanilla Arma 3 needs, are better designed assets. What we have no are copy pasted boats. 3 Gunboats, are actually one gunboat, with different paints. Now, i could say BI should add new assets, but before they think about doing that, they should diversify what we have now. At least bring different model boats, and even different load outs to different factions. Maybe change out one of the Opfor boats with something more fitting, and then maybe add in some more meaningful assets with varying roles. But if there is one thing that has to change, it's the way Naval assets are made. They should allow Roadway LOD's so that it's possible to interact more on board. It works really well, especially because of PhysX. Their Engine is very capable, they're just holding back on some things, and i really hope they do have more Naval related assets in the Expansion besides a Jet-Ski. (courtesy of BI's secret Studio, Black Element Software... Yes, you can argue that won't ever show up in game. But you can also argue that Black Element only makes content for DayZ and Arma 3)