Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Iranian Air Force Transport Aircraft. Where are CSAT's Transport Aircraft? Throw them a few of these.

Iranian-Navy-Fokker-F-27-400M.jpg

Would be nice to have.

Naval mines indeed work as mines. Easily testable in Zeus, and they can destroy a lot of things if you fool around with them on land too. XD
This (unfortunately?) seems more like it could be doable only as a scripted capability, because I'm not sure that the engine supports "droppable" weapons (i.e. depth charges), and cervantes had to do some funky thing to simulate depth charges because the vanilla naval mines were unusable for his purposes. If you're thinking more of a surface minelayer... I would think combining a dummy weapon (with mag and ammo, to limit how much scripting is needed) with a Fired EH to cause the spawning of a mine behind the ship?
However, that rocket system looks awesome. A bit of creativity like this wouldn't hurt. The only faction that has rockets is NATO and their Sandstorm MLRS. So, it wouldn't be entirely silly to give AAF a say, Maltese with rocket mount in front, or maybe CSAT a boat with rockets of that size in the picture. =D
As mentioned to you a while back -- this reply is basically so that others can see the train of thought -- the 2010-ish stories about an Iranian "swarm" maritime strategy centered on such boats or fast attack craft* and the North Korean navy also operated some of their own but apparently meant for landing fire support (with some of the Iranian boats being rebuilt versions thereof), and there were the iterations that reputedly carried a recoilless rifle instead of rockets. While I'm not sure what the "equivalent" (read: "superior") boat for the military factions should be, if the FIA can't field a "maritime technical" equivalent to the armed Speedboats (which combine the rear gun to a RCWS GMG 40 mm) then I can see something like a FIA boat being instead a Motorboat with a pintle-mounted MAAWS and several reloads...

* The concept appeared decades before in the Iran-Iraq War and in concurrent fighting against the US Navy, the news revolved around the perceived effectiveness of these tactics leading to a strategy based around said boats and policy to design and field purpose-built boats of this sort.

Hi,

Is it possible for the ARMA 3 dev's to make more textures?.

ARMA 3 Textures suggestions:

- Green Moss

- Green Terrain, Streams , Fallen logs, Make it feel like your in a green forest.

- If your by the sea side, then make the beach texture's more of a sandy color.

-------

If that does still not float the ARMA 3's dev's boat, what about making a DLC that is based on green landscape. green forests, open green terrain,etc..

focus more on the textures and the whole feeling...

or what about snow?. and if there's snow, then make the map / island/etc feel like your up in Norway country side or something.

or lets say New Zealand landscape or France, give more of a feeling by doing the color,textures,atmosphere, etc... the whole feeling..

so what about adding some new islands or maps that are green based..

Hi,

Is it possible for the ARMA 3 dev's to make more textures?.

ARMA 3 Textures suggestions:

- Green Moss

- Green Terrain, Streams , Fallen logs, Make it feel like your in a green forest.

- If your by the sea side, then make the beach texture's more of a sandy color.

-------

If that does still not float the ARMA 3's dev's boat, what about making a DLC that is based on green landscape. green forests, open green terrain,etc..

focus more on the textures and the whole feeling...

or what about snow?. and if there's snow, then make the map / island/etc feel like your up in Norway country side or something.

or lets say New Zealand landscape or France, give more of a feeling by doing the color,textures,atmosphere, etc... the whole feeling..

so what about adding some new islands or maps that are green based..

I'm guessing you're somewhat new to arma. You can get lots of different maps. Armaallinterrain I think its called. Has lots of maps. Big download think 6-7 gig.

Or look up some maps on YouTube. best of luck.

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Armaholic.com has lots of Downloads. Or check steam.

I'm guessing you're somewhat new to arma. You can get lots of different maps. Armaallinterrain I think its called. Has lots of maps. Big download think 6-7 gig.

Or look up some maps on YouTube. best of luck.

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Armaholic.com has lots of Downloads. Or check steam.

Thanks, I showed my brother who use to play ARMA 3 and said to him its a new ARMA 3 DLC pack, he then said wow that's awesome and he said yeah ARMA 3 use to look crap (as in its all the same desert)

Thanks, I showed my brother who use to play ARMA 3 and said to him its a new ARMA 3 DLC pack, he then said wow that's awesome and he said yeah ARMA 3 use to look crap (as in its all the same desert)

The maps haven't changed a single bit since the game launched, and the DLCs have only added features and content. I don't think you understand how the DLCs work. The maps are not affected at all. If the map looked like it was "all the same desert", then you were in the wrong part of Altis.

Since there are lot of ways to play the game, lots of roles, maybe BIS could make small campaign of 10-15 missions for a specific role like heli pilot, jet pilot, tank crew, sniper/spotter/laser designator and others.

To have a story about cocky young pilot who is arriving to Altis on a plane, where he meets a grunt that he later fails to rescue, also on the plane is veteran pilot that doesn't like him in the beginning. Missions start form troop/cargo drop, rescuing surrounded infantry, reconnaissance, support and end with action against ground and air targets, maybe a mission where you refuse to blow up hospital and stuff like that. Now repeat all this with tracked vehicles, snipers, and whatever would be interesting.

A variety of static weaponry, like a Static version of the Artillery gun inside the Scorcher. Ultra Light Combat Vehicles like the Polaris for example that Special Operations could use, Updated Mid-range Textures for Altis, and fixed light source on flares.

Whether or not we're getting the PLA as a faction in the Expansion, let's see the QLU-11 in Arma 3... think the "payload rifle" concept (as exemplified in the XM109) upcalibered to 35 mm: EDIT: The photo actually depicts the LG5 export configuration in 40 mm.

wX4rpJil.jpg

Doesn't seem out of place alongside the weapons of 2035, especially if the art direction of the Marksmen DLC weapons is any indication...

Edited by Chortles

Whether or not we're getting the PLA as a faction in the Expansion, let's see the QLU-11 in Arma 3... think the "payload rifle" concept (as exemplified in the XM109) upcalibered to 35 mm:

https://i.imgur.com/wX4rpJil.jpg

Doesn't seem out of place alongside the weapons of 2035, especially if the art direction of the Marksmen DLC weapons is any indication...

Beautiful weapon but isnt that just a grenade launcher in similiar vein to the AGS30

Gedr9Crl.jpg[/img]

From my understanding the qlu11 is also around 15 kg and is treated more like a crew served weapon.

Beautiful weapon but isnt that just a grenade launcher in similiar vein to the AGS30
Not quite -- far closer analogs to the AGS-17/AGS-30 would be belt-fed tripod/pintle-mounted designs such as the LG3 (40 mm, 39-42 kg w/ tripod) and the QLZ04 (35 mm, ~24 kg w/ tripod).
From my understanding the qlu11 is also around 15 kg and is treated more like a crew served weapon.
That's almost identical in weight to the XM109 (slightly more than the M107A1), which fits with use as an individually-operated anti-materiel rifle (the caption specifies that those are PLAN marines) with an electro-optical sight (upper left) and spotting scope (upper right), each with integrated laser rangefinders and ballistic computers. Note that as per the edit of my request post, the QLU-11 (35 mm) differs from the LG5 export config (40 mm) in caliber, muzzle brake, stock, optics, and apparently "shock absorber"... though here's a LG5 on a tripod.

Trivia: The old Type 87/QLZ87 35 mm automatic grenade launcher (12 kg) can and is used with an 8 kg tripod ("heavy" configuration) or vehicle mount but also can be/is used with the integral bipod ("light" configuration)... which made it something of a 'general purpose grenade machine gun' :eek:

snH8flum.jpg

Here's a dedicated article on the QLZ87 courtesy of ARES if you're interested in learning more.

Apparently the PLA decided on dedicated weapons for the tripod/vehicle-mounted and bipod-mounted roles, hence the QLZ04 (have this side-by-side) and the semiauto-only Norinco QLB06 (9.1 kg) and QLU-11/LG5, but to me the QLB06 looks aesthetically more out of place compared to the QLU-11 and LG5 for the official art direction (that is, side by side with Arma 3 official weapons), as for some reason the QLB-06 makes me think "Pancor Jackhammer"...

Not quite -- far closer analogs to the AGS-17/AGS-30 would be belt-fed tripod/pintle-mounted designs such as the LG3 (40 mm, 39-42 kg w/ tripod) and the QLZ04 (35 mm, ~24 kg w/ tripod).That's almost identical in weight to the XM109 (slightly more than the M107A1), which fits with use as an individually-operated anti-materiel rifle (the caption specifies that those are PLAN marines) with an electro-optical sight (upper left) and spotting scope (upper right), each with integrated laser rangefinders and ballistic computers. Note that as per the edit of my request post, the QLU-11 (35 mm) differs from the LG5 export config (40 mm) in caliber, muzzle brake, stock, optics, and apparently "shock absorber"... though here's a LG5 on a tripod.

Trivia: The old Type 87/QLZ87 35 mm automatic grenade launcher (12 kg) can and is used with an 8 kg tripod ("heavy" configuration) or vehicle mount but also can be/is used with the integral bipod ("light" configuration)... which made it something of a 'general purpose grenade machine gun' :eek:

http://i.imgur.com/snH8flum.jpg

Here's a dedicated article on the QLZ87 courtesy of ARES if you're interested in learning more.

Apparently the PLA decided on dedicated weapons for the tripod/vehicle-mounted and bipod-mounted roles, hence the QLZ04 (have this side-by-side) and the semiauto-only Norinco QLB06 (9.1 kg) and QLU-11/LG5, but to me the QLB06 looks aesthetically more out of place compared to the QLU-11 and LG5 for the official art direction (that is, side by side with Arma 3 official weapons), as for some reason the QLB-06 makes me think "Pancor Jackhammer"...

Really interesting.

It is pretty brilliant it reminds me almost as if they designed a weapon to fire high velocity grenades. Which begs to question why havent they designed a underbarreled or standalone grenade launcher that can absorb the recoil of 40x53mm high velocity grenades such as those found on the mk19.

How about removing the new forum member restrictions so we can actually post and get an answer in a timely fashion instead of having to spam the forums with completely empty posts before posting a thread we actually sign up for to post and receive feedback/answers to?

How about removing the new forum member restrictions so we can actually post and get an answer in a timely fashion instead of having to spam the forums with completely empty posts before posting a thread we actually sign up for to post and receive feedback/answers to?

Its better that, than the alternative of spam-bots every 5 minutes. That was the whole reason those restrictions were put in place...ahhh I remember those days...Never did get my order of Viag....I mean cod-liver oil tablets...

Hi guys

I was thinking, with this last Marksman DLC, is this the final DLC/Work BI will do with Arma 3 ?? i know they might patch the games sometimes, but will there be more DLC's or bigger updates with new stuff ??

I know we have alot of great modders out there in the community, and i really enjoy many of the mods, but i really hope to see some more stuff from BI, maybe some of the stuff they where showing on the pictures years ago.

examples like, the air fighter F35 i think it was, and females (OH NO, NOT AGAIN YOU GUYS THINK) i know there have been alot of talk about females ingame, and i even myself have asking for this before, but this is just to bring it up again, i hope that BI for once will listen to others then there favorit modders and community guys, im a Milsim player and i like that i can see civilians, and not just alot of guys wearing the "same" clothes :D its gonna be one big Gay parade :D

Well this is not complaining about the game, because i really love it, and enjoy every second i play, i just want more for us milsim guys :)

Then there is you guys who hate me for writing this, well i understand if you are tired of reading about this again, but still i have to come out with the thinks i think could make the game better, it is afterall a place for all of us ;)

i will now make a little list with changes and things I think would make it better.

1. FEMALES... they are needed :)

2. More civilian stuff.. Cars, Ambulances, Police (why do they make a Police boat, Cap and Vest, but no Police car and men ?? )

3. I would really love to see another damn truck for the AAF - a MAN SX (http://www.patriotfiles.com/archive/danskpanser/Nyheder/2008/080905-1.htm) Truck as a great example, i dont like the old russian truck, and its too outdated.

4. Better Medical system (Carry and drag function, and maybe if a soldier is more then 50% wounded, they need an Military Ambulance with better equipment) I know many is requesting this.

5. Please fix some of the civilians cars, they look like crap and something from an older game :) (better model and texture please)

6. Is a good number ;) well a transport plane would be awesome, A C-17 maybe..

7. Ability to kick in a door on the houses, would make great sense when clearing houses :)

well this was just some of the things i would love too see, SO before you guys replay with hate and anger, remember... count to ten, and think that we all should be able to write our thoughts in here ;)

best regards

Dennis

Hmmm... Well for a start, it is BIS's last DLC. The next major update we will see is the very mysterious Expansion that no one knows much about. What can be said, is that ther will most certainly be law enforcement and maybe some medical forces, they wouldn't create assets for said things and not finish it. This could also mean the return of the shotguns we saw, KSG for example, would be a nice law enforcement weapon. That or just new gear. Besides that though, there is much to be seen. Females? As civilians, and at most, coast guard, law enforcement. No female soldiers/grunts. As far as transport aircraft to, C-17? Probably want to find something more modern... And not so big.

As for the expansion however, BIS you guys better plan on a more robust Naval scene if any new factions are the slightest of Asian geography. There are so many possibilities and game opportunities for the Naval scene in Arma 3 that's yet to be touched. I could throw in a couple of perfect examples later if you'd like.

Not quite. I guess the title name doesn't quite help back that it's not a wishlist thread. It's meant to be more of a "how Naval Scene should have been handled from the start" backed by valid criticism. There are alot of features missing in the Naval scene that a lot of people believe that anything sea related is an utter waste of time, when in fact it's the complete opposite. The Naval scene in Arma 3 really needs a fix. Some things need better handling like the Amphibious MRAP's for example, which i didn't tough on just yet.

I never envision naval assets ever playing a significant role in arma.

They are cool and all but I don't see the community being all gun ho about boats.