Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

So there's a black and a green Ghosthawk, a black and a green Huron, yet there's only a green Hummingbird. The black texture is in the game files though. Why not add it in? It'd be a nice small addition to the game.

So there's a black and a green Ghosthawk, a black and a green Huron, yet there's only a green Hummingbird. The black texture is in the game files though. Why not add it in? It'd be a nice small addition to the game.

Agree. The MH-9 should be Black. AH-9, remain green.

On a more serious note, BIS, a serious Idea. Naval craft. Not talking about massive ships, while it's possible, it'd be nice to see something, at least double the size of the Gunboat's currently in game. Why? Well, why not. You could add possibilities and new gameplay opportunities to such a boat that is medium sized. Highly mobile Coastal AA, Patrol, Recon, transportation even, Cargo in fact. Physics in game works, and really well if you do it right. I transported 6 Supply Crates from Kavala to Pyrgos using the Hemtt, i placed the crates nice and neat in the bed of the truck and drove on the highway all the way. Besides that, a bigger boat would be great with all this water that's not being used much by anyone. Maybe military grade jet skis? But mainly medium boats, mainly, something bigger that provides a better presence of Naval assets, would really bring about something to do in the empty waters of any Terrain you can come up with in the future. I could imagine pulling into port with a medium Patrol boat to load up a few supply crate because our medium heli went down. Or i could set up somewhere between the combat zone and the enemy FOB with a Mobile AA Boat in case their aircraft happen to cross paths returning from the zone and present myself as a new threat to counter for enemy air and enemy naval assets.

How you like the IDEA? I think these hybrid helicopters must be in Arma 3/

Would love for then to get rid of the current zeroing/elevation adjustment system and adopt a true to life moa/mil turrets system.

This would make sniping more challenging and put more control in the players hands.

Not to mention it would make the scopes vastly different from each other by editing the max internal adjustment

I don't really get the point of that list. It's full of things that are just not going to be in the game. May as well just put : I want every nato/russian vehicle/weapon/aircraft in the game.

I read somewhere that ArmA ]|[ is moving to 64-bit. I googled and searched the Forums but I couldn't find anything official. Is this a hoax or is it going to happen soon?

If so, I'd appreciate an URL, something official, even a comment.

Thanks guys :)

For christmas I wish a better solution for the mod list (through the steam query).

From what I understand, that is the problem why for example play with six can't create a dynamic modlist (once it reaches the limit). This way neither I can do it manually.

Sure there are possibilities, like collections (which might be outdated, or even don't exist), or you have to use program X with config y to join server z, but program a with config b for server c.

To be honest, I am simply tired of investigating why I can't join this and that server, download and install this, download and install that, only to download the final mod which was required since the beginning.

Once done, everything changes and everything starts again.

At the moment I don't even try it anymore, I play single player because otherwise I get frustrated by being kicked for not having the right mods for the right servers... (and I don't even see which content is missing while being kicked)

Sickboy made an awesome tool as others did too, they simplified things very much.

The fact, that those tools were able to work great together with GameSpy and now with Steam it just feels so...

It feels like buying a smartphone which can't call or send sms.

I know, it is better than having nothing at all - but do we know at least that there is anyone willing to change the situation? Steam? (i guess the current limitation as far as I understand is the steam query)

By the way this post is in no way meant to offend anyone, I am really thankful for all the hard work people invested in their tools to make our lifes simpler!

Edited by SnowSky
typo

Yeah, A3 should get 64-bit support! And multi-core shizzle! And better performance!

Do you have a link for the statement? Couldn't find it anywhere. Is it just speculation?

Agree. The MH-9 should be Black. AH-9, remain green.

On a more serious note, BIS, a serious Idea. Naval craft. Not talking about massive ships, while it's possible, it'd be nice to see something, at least double the size of the Gunboat's currently in game. Why? Well, why not. You could add possibilities and new gameplay opportunities to such a boat that is medium sized. Highly mobile Coastal AA, Patrol, Recon, transportation even, Cargo in fact. Physics in game works, and really well if you do it right. I transported 6 Supply Crates from Kavala to Pyrgos using the Hemtt, i placed the crates nice and neat in the bed of the truck and drove on the highway all the way. Besides that, a bigger boat would be great with all this water that's not being used much by anyone. Maybe military grade jet skis? But mainly medium boats, mainly, something bigger that provides a better presence of Naval assets, would really bring about something to do in the empty waters of any Terrain you can come up with in the future. I could imagine pulling into port with a medium Patrol boat to load up a few supply crate because our medium heli went down. Or i could set up somewhere between the combat zone and the enemy FOB with a Mobile AA Boat in case their aircraft happen to cross paths returning from the zone and present myself as a new threat to counter for enemy air and enemy naval assets.

Would love to see that too just like many others. Bohemia announced the the new Naval capabilities before the ArmA 3 release and hyped it, but isn´t using the whole potential. Anyway I highly doubt they will make something like that...

Here's my idea of simple integration of women into Arma 3 engine.

Woman=1; optional config parameter - unit will be restricted to female head model

Head Switch Switch that will be detecting if unit has woman=1; parameter present in config. It will then change Head proxy from male (A3\Characters_F\Heads\bysta.p3d) to female (A3\whatever\whatever\female_bysta.p3d). e.g. When female soldier kills a male soldier, and then takes his uniform, that uniform will switch from a male head model (proxy) to a female head model (and face texture she had) - and reverse.

Should not be a problem if there is a will to do so.

Have a nice day!

Hi BI

I dont understand why you wanna use Money, time and energy on a DLC like the Gokart DLC, its not what Flashpoint/arma have ever been.

Arma is a military simulator/game, not a freaking racing game, i was a bit sad when i saw you using your time on this DLC, when ALOT of people in the community are keep asking for more civiliens and military hardware, I think you should listen to the community a bid more, in the end, its the community WHO pay for the game.

Dont get me wrong here, i love the game, and think its the best so far you made. But we need more in the game, its too simpel, the great community are makig fantastic mods and gamemodes, like Medical systems, more weapons, better and more realistic sounds and graphicals and i could go on.

Why dont you make some of all these great ideas, should be ease for guys like you. One guy making a mod where he is "releasing" some hidden futures the game are born with, but not open for the community ?? Why ?? Why can we get what we pay for ??

I remember some of the first screenshots i saw back then of arma 3, i saw a female and some more stuff i dont remember, what happen with that, why didnt we get that ??

The DLC thing is a good idea, but only 3 DLC's ?? really.. the first i already wrote about.. bad idea Guys.. second the Heli DLC is nice, maybe there should be more in it compared for the Price, the third, well we are not there yet.

I do want DLC's... really, but i will make some requests for you BI.. something that could make arma 3 even more badass, specialy for us Milsim Guys...

1. A Civilian DLC, with FEMALES, more clothes and other for males and females, more CIV cars, trucks, a ambulance (with crew) Policecar (with officers) and a Firetruck (same...) and more ship (containership, fishing boat, sailship, and civilian airplanes, passenger plane and cessna'ish planes.

2. A Logistics DLC, Now the choppers can lift containers and other objects, what i think i so nice, what about making a DLC where the trucks can pick up a container ?? and you can pack a truck og any other cargo car or airplane og boat with ammo boxes and so on, THAT WOULD BE FREAKING GREAT, i would love to see something like that in game, i know that someone WHO i dont remember is making a mod with that, but you already make it possible with the Heli's.. so why stop there ?? :)

3. Navy DLC. YES I WANT A NAVY DLC, with patrol ships, gunboats, BIG naval fregates and real submarine..

i could easly come with more ideas, but take a look at the great mods ideas, and get working ;)

Thank you for a great game, keep it up.

Best regards

Dennis

Edited by DennisLongbeard

The Karts DLC was made by one dev on his free time. BI didn't spend money on it. They also donated some of the money made to the red cross.

This has also been said a million times but the Helicopter DLC needs to cost more than the price of just two helicopters because BI has spent months and months adding Firing from Vehicles, Sling loading, RotorLib, etc for the DLC. They need money to come from somewhere so expecting the DLC to not cover these costs is unreasonable.

1. The addition of females is already being discussed. But we're not going to see a Civilian DLC because they aren't important to the game. It's good to have some simple civilian assets like a few people, a simple car or two and a helicopter. We already have these things, we don't need more civilian stuff.

2. We're not going to see a logistics DLC after we've literally just received a helicopters DLC that was focused entirely on logistics. BI has also stated that it's impossible to have the Taru attach to the crates, meaning it's impossible for trucks to mount containers as well.

3. I'm sure we'll see more sea assets along with the Expansion. However, I doubt we'll see submarines, they most likely aren't possible to simulate with the current engine. Destroyers, etc are also probably unlikely because IIRC ships don't act properly physics-wise. They bob around like fishing boats. This may be fixable, but I don't know.

There are some community wishlist threads so you might want to post this there instead of in the general discussion forums where we already have many many posts like this.

Cheers

The Karts DLC was made by one dev on his free time. BI didn't spend money on it. They also donated some of the money made to the red cross.

This has also been said a million times but the Helicopter DLC needs to cost more than the price of just two helicopters because BI has spent months and months adding Firing from Vehicles, Sling loading, RotorLib, etc for the DLC. They need money to come from somewhere so expecting the DLC to not cover these costs is unreasonable.

1. The addition of females is already being discussed. But we're not going to see a Civilian DLC because they aren't important to the game. It's good to have some simple civilian assets like a few people, a simple car or two and a helicopter. We already have these things, we don't need more civilian stuff.

2. We're not going to see a logistics DLC after we've literally just received a helicopters DLC that was focused entirely on logistics. BI has also stated that it's impossible to have the Taru attach to the crates, meaning it's impossible for trucks to mount containers as well.

3. I'm sure we'll see more sea assets along with the Expansion. However, I doubt we'll see submarines, they most likely aren't possible to simulate with the current engine. Destroyers, etc are also probably unlikely because IIRC ships don't act properly physics-wise. They bob around like fishing boats. This may be fixable, but I don't know.

There are some community wishlist threads so you might want to post this there instead of in the general discussion forums where we already have many many posts like this.

Cheers

Thank you fo your reply.. but..

I have my vision and you have yours.. if i think there should be more civilians, i have all the rights to write that, no need to shoot it Down because you dont like it.

I and many others as you write, want more civs, specialy females, to make it a bit more realistic, for me and my friends, realismen is a must, and we love to play missions with some kind of 'roleplay' if you like, and to see a "World" without females is SO boring and unrealistic.... so thats why I and so many OTHERS complain about it, as im totally free to do :)

If they can make logistics in VBS, why not in arma ??i think its bs... ofcourse they can, they just dont want to.... but a loyal player as me (all the way back to the beginning of Operation Flashpoint) is just expecting more.... they cant even find another artillery vehicle for the CSAT.. come on :)

This is as i wrote a request for some more to play around with....

The DLC thing is a good idea, but only 3 DLC's ??
Yeah, we totally need 300+ weapons/cosmetics/decals DLCs, that's for sure!

Read it again... I didnt wrote anything about 300+ DLC's... Why do you behave like i child ?? I simply requestet for a few thing.. If you cant handle people like me writing things like that.. Then please dont Read it.

Thank you fo your reply.. but..

I have my vision and you have yours.. if i think there should be more civilians, i have all the rights to write that, no need to shoot it Down because you dont like it.

I and many others as you write, want more civs, specialy females, to make it a bit more realistic, for me and my friends, realismen is a must, and we love to play missions with some kind of 'roleplay' if you like, and to see a "World" without females is SO boring and unrealistic.... so thats why I and so many OTHERS complain about it, as im totally free to do :)

I see your argument, but I don't understand how not having female soldiers and civilians is so detrimental to your 'roleplay'. Would it be nice to have? Sure. Is it important (i.e. does it take priority over major issues like fixing the magic radar)? Not in the least.

If they can make logistics in VBS, why not in arma ??i think its bs... ofcourse they can, they just dont want to.... but a loyal player as me (all the way back to the beginning of Operation Flashpoint) is just expecting more.... they cant even find another artillery vehicle for the CSAT.. come on :)

VBS is really not comparable to Arma. VBS is made by a different company, and serves an entirely different purpose. Unlike Arma, VBS is a true simulator and a training tool used by real armed forces. Various features (like high-fidelity snow) were implemented because countries (I believe Finland in that case) paid the company to do it.

Technically speaking, we are going to get Civilian things. The Expansion coming out end of next year i think? Yeah, that is supposedly focusing on Civilians i think, if i read the information on it correctly. They have stated from the beginnings that there would be things like Coast Gaurd/Policia style things.

*the_Demongod - first of all, i didnt wrote anything about female soldiers, but that would be nice too :D.. let me set up a little scenario here.. 'im on a patrol in a town, a lot of people is peacefully walking around, your squad is entering the square of the town, a bomb goes off, many injured and dead people on the ground.... but wait, a hole town of... gays... well only men..' thats what i think is boring, or 'A peaceful mission, you drive a supply truck to a town with fresh water, food and other stuff to aid the town and its people... but yet again only men...' feel it :) i mean, in Flaspoint there was females, as i remember there was females in arma 1 and 2... but not in arma 3.. for ME its just a big irritation that i can make a more realistic mission with more then just humans with a "gun" between he's legs :)

I know what VBS is, a more prof. simulator made for the military.. but i still believe that the base system is much the same as arma, so i still think they easly could implement stuff like that, i DONT say everything from VBS, but simpel things, BI does an amazing job making this awesome game, and there skills does goes that far to make it possible to make it to arma games also, i could take more out of VBS i really want in arma.. trust me on that ;) and you can see what modders can do, if modders can make the game even better, then BI can do it too.

*DarkSideSixOffical - if its true, i will be very happy :) thank you for letting me know this :)

For all of you inkluding BI.. this is not a HATE Thread.. this is just a little complaine/Request, please have that in mind, i can say enough how cool and awesome i think arma 3 is, and trust me i wish i could make mods, but my english is not good enough to understand the tutorials and learn it, i have tryit sometimes.. So if any good fellow could make a Danish guide i would get right to the modding ;) i can only request and then hope for the best...

Dennis the angry Dane ;)

p.s yes i use alot of smileys i know, im normally a happy guy, thats why...

No offence dennis. But your wishlist is odd for "us milsim guys". I think you might find what you are looking for on an a life server. Police cars, fire trucks , No female models per say but plenty of guys who go on like a bunch of bitchy mean girls.

Firstly from a co op point of view. ai. They see me through smoke ,bushes and when I sneak prone in grass they see me.

Visually. For me better mid range textures, sucks that I put grass at ultra and it looks nice till I go out in the open and the rest of the land past the grass texture looks bland like play doh. Kills the otherwise beautiful game.

Working ponds/lakes so map modders can make islands that can properly utilize the new divers /submersibles and boats that on many mp missions are just decorative they get very little use.

trust for planes like the new heli dlc advance flight model. Meaning no more holding down a key the whole time to keep the plane from stalling on turns. ( darksides post in fixed wing).it is simple yet really good for play.

I dont know if something like this exists already, but I will just post my idea here.

LinkedPrimaryWeaponItems[]={};

RespawnLinkedPrimaryWeaponItems[]={};

LinkedSecondaryWeaponItems[]={};

RespawnLinkedSecondaryWeaponItems[]={};

muzzle attachments, sights and rail items. This parameter is created for UNIT's config - so modders does not need to make rifle classes such as arifle_M4_aimpoint_silencer_laser_F and similar. These will be given to a rifle as they are defined in individual unit's config parameter.

No offence dennis. But your wishlist is odd for "us milsim guys". I think you might find what you are looking for on an a life server. Police cars, fire trucks , No female models per say but plenty of guys who go on like a bunch of bitchy mean girls.

Firstly from a co op point of view. ai. They see me through smoke ,bushes and when I sneak prone in grass they see me.

Visually. For me better mid range textures, sucks that I put grass at ultra and it looks nice till I go out in the open and the rest of the land past the grass texture looks bland like play doh. Kills the otherwise beautiful game.

Working ponds/lakes so map modders can make islands that can properly utilize the new divers /submersibles and boats that on many mp missions are just decorative they get very little use.

trust for planes like the new heli dlc advance flight model. Meaning no more holding down a key the whole time to keep the plane from stalling on turns. ( darksides post in fixed wing).it is simple yet really good for play.

You clearly dont get what i mean.. but whatever, i wrote about my point of view of the game..

Please implement the ability to add sub folders to Virtual Arsenal. For example in the weapons tab in VA, you could add individual sub folders for each mod's weapons that way they are not all bunched into one long list that scrolls down forever. It can be very over whelming.