Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Well i noticed that the engineering vehichle within the game has no purpose to it more than visuals and i was wondering could y'all add some trailors for the hemmt and other trucks and the functionality of the crane on the engineering vehichle. :yay:

They said they won't do it with physx on some tweet

And by leaning i meant by leaning low from shots aka getting your head down. I will make a short showcase of how it would look later to clarify

Well my showcase wasn't that great since my friend is away but i did a small video and made a feature request

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19943

Sorry for off topic but promise is promise...

Well i noticed that the engineering vehichle within the game has no purpose to it more than visuals and i was wondering could y'all add some trailors for the hemmt and other trucks and the functionality of the crane on the engineering vehichle. :yay:

It actually repairs, refuels, and rearms. Last time I checked, anyways.

As specified in the previous pages, it would be nice to have more walking stances

Since the fatigue system has been re-introduced, walking becomes an important part of a mission and it is disturbing to see a squad walking as if everything was safe.

here is a table of what would be possible based on the running model :

Already used animations

Partially in the game

Weapon lowered (2x Ctrl) ---------------- Weapon lowered ------------------ Weapon raised ---------------- Weapon raised

Combat mod disabled (C key) ------------ Combat mod enabled ------------ Combat mod disabled ------------ Combat mod enabled

Running

AmovPercMtacSlowWrflDf.jpgAmovPercMrunSlowWrflDf.jpgAmovPercMrunSrasWrflDf.jpgAmovPercMtacSrasWrflDf.jpg

AmovPercMtacSlowWrflDf ------------ AmovPercMrunSlowWrflDf ------------ AmovPercMrunSrasWrflDf ------------ AmovPercMtacSrasWrflDf

Walking

AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_v1.jpgAmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_v2.jpgAmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_v3.jpgAmovPercMwlkSrasWrflDf.jpg

AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_v1 -------- AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_v2 --------- AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_v3 --------- AmovPercMwlkSrasWrflDf

Edited by Zigomarvin

Also, if there could be a walking mode where if you are just walking with gun up, and you press C, you walk quieter. You can't really sneak up on anyone without taking about an hour doing it in Arma, because you either end up tapping W which takes forever, or they hear your feet and turn around to check it out.

I'd really wish that they make the "join friends" part regarding steam switchable.

It's really annoying that your friends can join you or find out on what server you are playing on without

any option to hide that (except removing that friend).

Don't go "If you dont want them remove your friends" on me, i just sometimes want to play alone without someone

knowing what i'm doing or annoying me by joining.

Thanks.

Edited by Isonami

Well switch your status to offline then so your steam friends won't be able to join you. Why would you want to remove such an important feature, that's stupid...

+1 to Zigomarvin's suggestion. Like the current fatigue system isn't infuriating enough already you avatar walks like he's taking a stroll.

Edited by dunedain

You are right. Mistake by me, actually wanted to suggest that they make it able to be turned off.

Being invisible hides most things. but if you'd like to "prank" your friend on an server as example, for them it will show that you are currently playing

on that server, even tho your status is switched to offline... it's kinda of annoying.

Better and more varied animations.

Simple stuff to make the players seem human.

Future implementation of Stratis into the main Altis map, perhaps 20 or so kilometres to the South-West. Then, we can grizzle about transport planes.

But seriously, everyone has said it before, but I'll just say it again - adding Stratis below Altis will allow for HUGE gamemodes, and HUGE possibilities in the air and at sea. Want to invade Altis from Stratis? Well, that's very good, but unless you want to spend 10 minutes ferrying a squad to the coast, you need to capture an airstrip and land your transport planes there. Same with Stratis - a small force could hold off invasion from Altis easily. You have very little coastline, entrenched and numerous camps and bases, and one airstrip. Two anti-aircraft guns could cover a large portion of Stratis' coast. Thus, you would a) need to get a naval invasion force, or b) eliminate the two guns, either by subterfuge, i.e. taking an SDV to Stratis, or by aerial attack, which opens up a whole new dimension of air combat.

Maybe it might be good to add something from preventing dying by the first mortar on Tipping Point?

Dear Bohemia Interactive,

I think combining the 2 islands in 1 map would be a great thing! You could make the distance between Altis and Stratis like 5-8 km. I hope this is possible with the big future DLC when we probably have big ships and maybe a transport aircraft like the C-27 Spartan or a future C-130? It would give a whole new demension on the maps. It would also be very cool to have Multirole or AA aircraft for NATO and CSAT. I would really like a Dassault Rafale or F-16. Since ArmA 3 takes place in 2035, a F-22 would also be very cool. I and a lot of other people would really like those things in ArmA 3.

Greetings,

Stekelenburg

This is feedback in the sense of there is someting major missing in the way wapeons and realoads are handeled.

There should be 3 sepearat actions bindable to keys. Listed keys below are just examples.

1. On pressing "R" you only insert or remove you magazine into or from you weapon.

2. On pressing "T" you operate you charging handle. Bullet in chamber and no Magazine: You clear the chamber. Magazine in weapon no round chambered: You chamber a new Round. Magazine in weapon and round in chamber: You eject the chambered round and load a fresh one from the mag.

3. On pressing "F" you operate your fire selector. Wich needs to have the new position: SAFE

For me as a former soldier and gun enthusiast this is a key feature for handeling weapons in a military simulation.

This also adds the posibillity of tactiacal fast reloads, not accidently shooting your buddys (or getting shot by them) with a secured weapon and (with a lot of wishfull thinking) the accasionally bad round, miss feeds and jamming weapons and most importantly a way to fix these.

All the tickets from the feedbacktracker I found sadly don't cover all these aspects and even worse are not verry popular jet:

I would post links to the tickes here but on the 1st post you are not allowed to. Here are the Ticketnumbers: 0000625 & 0006657

best regards

OneTwo

This is feedback in the sense of there is someting major missing in the way wapeons and realoads are handeled.

There should be 3 sepearat actions bindable to keys. Listed keys below are just examples.

1. On pressing "R" you only insert or remove you magazine into or from you weapon.

2. On pressing "T" you operate you charging handle. Bullet in chamber and no Magazine: You clear the chamber. Magazine in weapon no round chambered: You chamber a new Round. Magazine in weapon and round in chamber: You eject the chambered round and load a fresh one from the mag.

3. On pressing "F" you operate your fire selector. Wich needs to have the new position: SAFE

For me as a former soldier and gun enthusiast this is a key feature for handeling weapons in a military simulation.

This also adds the posibillity of tactiacal fast reloads, not accidently shooting your buddys (or getting shot by them) with a secured weapon and (with a lot of wishfull thinking) the accasionally bad round, miss feeds and jamming weapons and most importantly a way to fix these.

All the tickets from the feedbacktracker I found sadly don't cover all these aspects and even worse are not verry popular jet:

I would post links to the tickes here but on the 1st post you are not allowed to. Here are the Ticketnumbers: 0000625 & 0006657

best regards

OneTwo

Totally unnecessary

Though it would be interesting, and possibly unessecary, BI will not do it,

people have made this type of suggestion before, its more or less a clear nope when it comes to chambering bullets/working the charging handle type stuff.

Though it would be interesting, and possibly unessecary, BI will not do it,

people have made this type of suggestion before, its more or less a clear nope when it comes to chambering bullets/working the charging handle type stuff.

Could you tell me where ppl suggested this so i could read up on that topic?

My forumsearch before posting this brought up no results.

Currently VON has been a pain for all who use it (I'm aware BIS is trying to fix the issue, this thread is not about that) what I wanted to propose was an option to several new ideas.

Here's a little background: Currently on high volume public servers we are having a massive issue controlling the chatter. I tried turning VON completely off and forcing people to use Task Force Radio (TFR, which is awesome) but it proved to be too much work for the public to all get onboard (to their credit the process is not "user friendly" for the computer illiterate) so we turned VON back on and put TFR as an option to the rest.

As a result of using TFR I really liked ranged based radios. It helped cut down the chatter TREMENDOUSLY since the information flow was isolated to operating areas. I configured TFR so that infantry had the small radios with a range of 2km and vehicles were good up to 20km (the manpacks and bigger radios had longer ranges for infantry). It was really neat and worked well for those who used it. The chatter even sounded realistic, not sounding as clear the farther out a unit was, it really added to the immersion.

I know some of you will probably suggest the GROUP channel to solve the CHATTER issue but the problem with the group channel is that it doesn't work on servers that have players all as team leaders due to their ability to buy/use AI. So that's not really an option.

So my suggestion to BIS is to step up the realism on the radios. They don't have to be as realistic as TFR or the newest ACRE but how about implementing a range based mechanic? Maybe just add a new channel with this option giving us server admins the power to pick and choose what channels we want, allowing us to up the realism if we want to. Or give us admins 2 options "realistic VON" or "simple VON" with the first one being something similar to TFR/ACRE. Whatever you guys think would work best.

Currently VON is halfway broken and not very realistic. With new things coming like ROTORLIB, weapon inertia, realistic fatigue, and all of that other great stuff you guys are working on how about stepping up and overhauling how comms are done in Arma?

Anyway that's all I've got, hope this inspires something from BIS.

What about the possibility to set a limit of FPS ?

When I play with V-sync I always run 30 FPS and when V-sync is disable I can go sometimes up to 80 FPS ingame (and 400 in the editor...), but my screen is @60Hz.

If I could set a limit of 60 FPS in the game settings I may avoid an over-use of performances.

I've already see this setting in Payday 2.

I would like to see multiple attachments for side rails. Or better yet, a whole realistic rail system where you can attach optics anywhere along the rail, same with CQB grip, or 203 launcher. (Make them an attachment). But at least utilize both side rails.

This must have been asked for but i can't find it.

I want to be able to merge magazine, if i got 5 rounds in one and 10 in another i want to move the 5 rounds and get one 15 round mag.

I also wish that the game wouldn't reset the fire mode on my guns everytime i get in and out of a car.

Hunter, strider, ifrit and some trucks got a hatch on the roof, i would like to be able to open that, stick my head out and use my guns or rocket launchers.

And i would like a cancel button for when i put bandage on, don't know how many times i have been just a little bit hurt, but there are too many enemys, i need to get in to my car and get away but then i start patching myself instead of getting in the car.

Currently VON has been a pain for all who use it (I'm aware BIS is trying to fix the issue, this thread is not about that) what I wanted to propose was an option to several new ideas.

Here's a little background: Currently on high volume public servers we are having a massive issue controlling the chatter. I tried turning VON completely off and forcing people to use Task Force Radio (TFR, which is awesome) but it proved to be too much work for the public to all get onboard (to their credit the process is not "user friendly" for the computer illiterate) so we turned VON back on and put TFR as an option to the rest.

As a result of using TFR I really liked ranged based radios. It helped cut down the chatter TREMENDOUSLY since the information flow was isolated to operating areas. I configured TFR so that infantry had the small radios with a range of 2km and vehicles were good up to 20km (the manpacks and bigger radios had longer ranges for infantry). It was really neat and worked well for those who used it. The chatter even sounded realistic, not sounding as clear the farther out a unit was, it really added to the immersion.

I know some of you will probably suggest the GROUP channel to solve the CHATTER issue but the problem with the group channel is that it doesn't work on servers that have players all as team leaders due to their ability to buy/use AI. So that's not really an option.

So my suggestion to BIS is to step up the realism on the radios. They don't have to be as realistic as TFR or the newest ACRE but how about implementing a range based mechanic? Maybe just add a new channel with this option giving us server admins the power to pick and choose what channels we want, allowing us to up the realism if we want to. Or give us admins 2 options "realistic VON" or "simple VON" with the first one being something similar to TFR/ACRE. Whatever you guys think would work best.

Currently VON is halfway broken and not very realistic. With new things coming like ROTORLIB, weapon inertia, realistic fatigue, and all of that other great stuff you guys are working on how about stepping up and overhauling how comms are done in Arma?

Anyway that's all I've got, hope this inspires something from BIS.

I second this. A built in enhanced VON is another simple, and nice feature everyone would never complain about in Vanilla game. It is after all an Infantry focused game, so why is it that coms havn't changed since...

My idea was similar, execpt instead of Channels, you have frequencies. Now some may think Radios this complex (not really) would be AI hell, but no. Give Opfor, Blufor, and Indep their own dedicated Freq., this way it allows the AI to be able to be set on a standard where commands and the likes won't be effected negatively. Next, have a set of Frequencies in which players can switch between. This will enable groups, and teams the ability to pick their own frequencies, and to be able to communicate, would involve more interaction, just like in real life with Radios. It's a simple concept. This can either replace the existing VON, or be added as an option to be available separable, or with existing VON.

I second this. A built in enhanced VON is another simple, and nice feature everyone would never complain about in Vanilla game. It is after all an Infantry focused game, so why is it that coms havn't changed since...
Over a year ago pettka essentially said "why bother sinking resources in a direction that ACRE already achieves?" Considering how many other things took this long to appear as well, I have to imagine that at the time they considered themselves drastically behind schedule and up against a hard deadline... but he also claimed at the time that (the internal opinion at dev team leadership was that) they'd improved the VON enough.

to deliver A3 without a conventionnal MP mission framework was the second biggest mistake BI made. not to make it top priority to deliveit immediately afterwards was the biggest mistake. things like VON and any means of commuication and command shoul be incorporated into such a framewok.features like stamina system etc are obsolete as long this situation remains...

One of the problems we encountered many users who use many addons package, ie, collections of addons needed to play in either virtual group is that addons can be repeated, and you just have many folders.

While there are some solutions, this creates other problems. You can change the original folder names of the addons, but just having hundreds of folders in the root, or you can group all the addons in a folder, but mixed, and just having a folder with hundreds of PBO's, and when you have to update the addons, it is chaos.

The solution to all this is that Bohemia create the possibility of grouping by folders addons. For example.

@My_group_pack

---@CBA

---------Addons

---@AGM

---------Addons

---@RH_M4

---------Addons

@Other_friend_group_pack

---@CBA

---------Addons

---@CSM

---------Addons

Thus, instead of having it all mixed up, or have hundreds of folders in the root repeated, would have only one folder for each package addons you use.

I think it should not be difficult to implement this feature in the simulator, and would help a community of thousands of addons.

The idea is good, and does not worsen anything, on the contrary, adds more options to anyone who wants them, so please support my request, thank you.

This is the request ticket http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20814

Considering the way the configs and everything works in arma, this is probably much harder than it seems, and they would probably break everything if they tried to do it.