Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

In the map window there is a red crosshair with a box that you move around the screen. It's that thing you position in order to paint a waypoint down or identify some location on the map. Currently it displays, to the right of the center box, both the grid coordinate and elevation at the point you position it over. I would like to suggest that it also display the distance to the player as well. So you wouldn't have to paint a new waypoint just to find out how far away some point on the map is from where you are.

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

Currently if you have two half full ammo boxes or mags or belts of the same type, there is no way to combine them in order to make at least one single full one. You have to throw them both on the ground or drop them into the crate when you rearm. Then either the ground around the crate or the crate itself gets loaded up with a bunch of half empty often useless clips. Additionally, if you have them in your inventory somewhere, you have to pay double the weight and double the inventory volume even though you aren't really carrying double the bullet count. It would be sweet if I could drag one on top of the other to add as much of its contents to the drag target as needed to fill it (or to empty the one you drag should the combined total not be a full mag/box/belt). If the one you drag ends up with zero, then it gets automatically destroyed just like normal whenever one gets empty from shooting. Fewer objects in the game means lower memory allocation and better performance, does it not? Plus, you could add an animation to show your toon messing with his clips so that a realistic amount of time could be imposed upon the player to deter him from doing it during a firefight (i.e. to make it not be an instant thing...tho instant would be good enough). It also would make sifting through the crate less unwieldy since the list could be shortened considerably. Currently, when you put one full one into a container that already has one or more full ones of the same type in it, they get stacked together such that they only take up one line in the list. I am not sure if when you put two of the same type that are not full but have equivalent bullet counts in them whether the game turns them into a stack of two or leaves them as two separate items in the list. If it is the latter, booo.

Also concerning ammo...when you have a partially full box in your inventory and you hover the mouse over it, a tooltip pops up telling you a bunch of info about it...like its name and the caliber and capacity and such. One of the lines in there says "Rounds: XX" and that number XX is the max capacity not the current number of rounds in it. In order to find out how many rounds are left you have to load it into the gun. Also, along the left edge of the inventory icon is a thin white bar which indicates how full the thing is like a vertical % progress bar. I would like to suggest a few possible ideas to make finding out the bullet count easier to do.

1) In the tooltip have it say either "Rounds: YY" or "Rounds: YY of XX" or "Rounds: XX (YY)" where YY is the count and XX is the capacity.

Note that the name of the mag or box already specifies what the capacity is (e.g. "7.62mm 30Rnd Mag" or "7.62mm 150Rnd Box" etc.). So having the Rounds line simply specify the count is no loss of information -- as long as a convention is established to always note the capacity in the name...which already appears to be in place.

2) Have the "Rounds: XX" bit change to say "Rounds: YY" only when the mouse is hovered over the white bar.

So you get the same tooltip except that when you are over the white bar, it shows the count instead of the capacity on the Rounds line.

3) Have a completely different tooltip appear instead of the current one only when you are hovered over the white bar.

The only info in it is the bullet count. One line -- "Rounds: YY"

4) Add a new line to the tooltip that says "Capacity: XX" then have the "Rounds: YY" indicate the count instead of capacity.

My preference would be either 1 or 4, but any of them would be fine by me.

Edited by Axe22

I learned that you must post a few replies before granted the permission to start a new topic. Was told they do it that way to protect the forums from bots.

Being able to give same-caliber ammo to others. For example you have 6.5mm ammo but you are an MG. So 100 or 200-round belts. No way to give your teammate 30 bullets. Or any bullets at all. Instead of everything being magazines, make them into bullets.

LOUDER vehicle sounds. I can't even hear the engines when inside.

Turbo should do more than 10 km/h extra.

can you add the possibility to cancel the campaign progress?

What do you mean? The ability to revert to the beginning of the campaign or an earlier mission? That's what the "revert" button does.

More scopes. Specifically the C79 Scope. That, or the Elcan Spectre, and a few other Tactical Scopes that are Modern. These scopes are amazing and fit the Era as standard scopes. This could be implemented for the Marksman DLC, as it fits the spot. I noticed that there isn't really enough diversity in scopes, and i'd love to see some better scopes that are simple to use, for example, RDS scopes, like the Kobra from CSAT. Something like a 2x red dot (Simple red dot) for NATO countries such as AAF and the US. More diversity in gear and equipment from different countries would bring LIFE to Arma 3.

What do you mean? The ability to revert to the beginning of the campaign or an earlier mission? That's what the "revert" button does.

lol..sorry man i never notice it

One of the most annoying parts of trying to find a server is reserve slots, You refresh the list which takes ages. Look down the list see a server 80/90 plenty try to join and get reserve slots kick, refresh list again rinse and repeat with the reserve slot message -.-. Please for the love of my monitor add a indicator how meany slots the server has open to the public.

For Marksman DLC maybe, or just in general... i just realized, CSAT got a Rahim because they were using the ABR... But now NATO has the ABR, and AAF have the ABR as well... So i was thinking, the AAF deserve their own DMR. What about this beautiful beast to go with the AAF's LRPS scope.

SKS%20T6%20Lower%20Rail%20BK.jpg

A modern version of one of the best DMR's around. the SKS. Would fit nicely with the AAF.

An idea for a change in the AI behaviors and what/how they act under certain conditions.

- On Safe behavior the AI should search/react/engage to targets on the 50m range and to any vehicle up to 600m.

- On Aware behavior they should search/react/engage to targets on the 350m range and to any vehicle up to 700m.

- On Combat behavior they should search/react/engage to targets on the 600m range and to any vehicle up to 1200m.

- On Stealth behavior they should search/react to targets on the 150m range and engage targets at up to 50m and to any vehicle up to 500m.

Also... the ground vehicles crews, should be all inside the vehicle on combat behavior; and the driver should be inside the vehicle on the aware behavior.

To be honest I don't like the whole futuristic theme in general especially the vehicles e.g the armour is pretty much all easternized (not a word) as in there are no good looking western vehicles I think Arma 4 will be an amzing hit if they do it right aka modern day US vs Russia or china or other factions and better looking player models.

I was fine with the default player models until I think adapt came out when the ECH was changed to a sf helmet and the carrier rigs changed it put me off playing! And please if you see this BI please add full modding support like arma 2 aka not almost everything being a re texture or whatever!

What do you guys think?

I was fine with the default player models until I think adapt came out when the ECH was changed to a sf helmet and the carrier rigs changed it put me off playing! And please if you see this BI please add full modding support like arma 2 aka not almost everything being a re texture or whatever!

What do you guys think?

it's mods quality being just a re texture poop

arma 3 had full mod support from the start and there is high quality mods like BWMod

Most mods are retextures because they're easier than the whole model process. I've done some relatively simple models (I think headgear is probably the easiest) and they still take ages to learn and do well. So there is full modding support, and there are a lot of talented mod workers doing fantastic jobs putting in content that isn't based off of existing models.

Scientists and engineers at BAE Systems have lifted the lid on some futuristic technologies that could be incorporated in military and civil aircraft of 2040 or even earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIz9ZXK3qLo

the guy in the video looks like he got out of the VR room and hopped over to BAE

any way with people thinking BIS being silly with the futuristic ideas, i think the BAE goes way further, and with some nice idea's

love that transformer and survivor plane

How about the ability to load more personnel in aircraft and cargo trucks than seating allows, via sitting on the floor. Might sound silly at first but hear me out, for example the Merlin/in game Mohawk, can only carry sixteen in the cargo hold where as in real life I would be willing to bet it could carry at least a dozen more on top of that should the need arise( such as emergency evacuations). I can't begin to count the number of times from my service where we would pile an extra dozen or so marines into the bed of a MTVR/7ton after the bench seats were already filled to save on trips, I've seen CH-53's packed so full of cargo there was barely enough room to crawl over it, and don't even get me started on how many times I've seen eight or nine men packed into the cabin of an uparmoured HMMVW while doing IED and ambush drills:o. Obviously this could potentially start being overused so perhaps to balance it out every additional person passed the seating limit could add to an effect making the vehicle harder to control or something. Could come in handy for occasions when one of your transports goes down and you need to overload in other vehicles to continue the mission. Not necessarily an amazing idea but maybe at least worth a thought.

Include local mods in the mods section of the new launcher. Give players the option to choose which mods from their local mod folder they want to start the game with.

As an update or DLC I would like to see a camera man with hand held camera and tripod kit which could also include a camera drone.

This could also be used as a way to make movies/videos in multiplayer sessions.

A few wishes and Idea's like to see added in for Vanilla Arma 3 before the Expansion... More Special Forces dedicated vehicles, for example, Hunter/Strider with a cut off top, upgraded suspension and grip for All Terrain's, or some kinds of ULCV's (Ultra Light Combat Vehicles). I'd also like to see more interaction with transport vehicles. Like doors being able to open, and a few other things. I'd also like to see the addition of a few different walking stances. Example is soldiers in real life hold their gun almost parallel and mid chest with both hands while walking, instead of one had on gun, other fist grasped to the side like a bad-ass... I'd like to see more weapons in terms of content. Now, i'm not sure how adding weapons to the game would work in terms of more content. What factions they would go to, etc. But it'd be nice to either have like a large wooden box of simply just weapons. Not just any weapons, but weapons civilians can get their hands on, Modern ones, of course, they're probably going to have to be re named due to the whole name rights thing... But yeah. Idk, i'm bored, just wanted to add some things to the list. Civilian content from my earlier post. Cant think of anything else at the moment.

How about the ability to load more personnel in aircraft and cargo trucks than seating allows, via sitting on the floor.
If you just mean more passenger positions than there are modeled seats, that's already done by the offroad -- the game engine bases a vehicle's 'actual' seating capacity on the vehicle config and the proxies in the vehicle model.

This game runs horrible and the developers need to focus less on content and more on making this game actually make use of our hardware because currently it runs like shit

remove the action menu and implement the mod k.e.y.s

make the game 64 bit client to use make use of more cpu and ram memory

will not pay a dime for this game till this is done

Arma 3 can you please add melee?

and if not tel me why you dont want to add melee.

Thank u

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Arma 3 can you please add melee?

and if not tel me why you dont want to add melee.

Thank u

So I know this might be a bit of a big.. request. But, I wish there was some sort of melee in this game. I mean, when I'm sneaking up on a guard to take him out, what if I don't want to shoot at all? I end up with literally no other option.

Or in multiplayer when I run out of ammo, I end up running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to dodge bullets. There really needs to be some sort of melee implemented into the game. Real infantry wouldn't cower away from an opponent in CQB simply because they were out of ammo; they'd get just a couple inches closer and start brawling.:confused:

The creative director declared over a year ago that melee wasn't a priority (at the time), and even after launch they chose other things to work on.

If you're out of ammo without hope of resupply, destroy your weapon or put it in your ruck and take an enemy one.