Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

OFP Didn't see police units up untill the third campaign.

I think it's just a matter of time untill civillians get fleshed out: Their E3 presentation did feature RPG-ish interaction with the population of Altis.

No idea what happened to said sub, but it was probably a victim of the eventual "shift in content" compared to the 2011 incarnation of Arma 3. I can safely say though that based on Arma 2's warships (USS Khe Sanh, the "Destroyer" and the "Fregata"), "scenery" is all that it would have been from BI.

But this "far east" thing is not very fresh either, isn't it? :) I personally have nothing against, say, "civil war"-like conflict in EU or "Brazil vs. Antarctica" (at least there is no goddamn grass in Antarctica) or something else as long as setting would be intresting and somehow original.

Holy f*ck. I just realized how epic an antarctic battle would be. As long as there is enough terrain relief (hills, valleys, etc) it would be interesting enough, making the environment realistic would be a lot easier, and the FPS would be great.

Heyy Developers...can we get this PLEASE!!!!!! Holly fuck i want to see snow in arma 3 :) :)

Anyone know the music that comes with this video.

Anyone know the music that comes with this video.

Edited by RobertHammer

mm I would like to see this set of vehicles for each faction (I include ingame ones):

NATO

M2A1 Slammer tank

AMV 7 Marshal APC

IFV-6c Panther

IFV-6a Cheetah AA

CRV-6e Bobcat

M4 Scorcher

M5 Sandstorm MLRS

UH-80 Ghost hawk

MH-9 Hummingbird

AH-9 Pawnee

AH-99 blackfoot

Hunter

HMTT truck

*V-22 Osprey

*V-44 Pelican (AV-44 pelican gunship variant? instead of c-130)

*A10c Thunderbolt II

*F35 Lightning

CSAT

T-100 varsuk tank

BTR-k Kamysh

2S9 Sochor

MSE-3 Marid APC

ZSU-39 Tigris AA

Mi-48 kajman

P0-30 Orca

Ifrit

Zamak truck

*Su-25

*T-50

*Heavy transport helicopter?

*Cargo transport? (C-130)

*MLRS?

AAF

MBT52 Kuma

FV-720 Mora

AFV-4 Gorgon APC

A143 Buzzard

WY55 Hellcat

CH49 Mohawk

Strider

Zamak truck

*Artillery?

*MLRS?

*Eurocopter tiger?

*Eurofighter typhoon?

* AA IFV?

* Cargo transport? (C-130)

Comparison:

M2A1 Slammer tank - T-100 varsuk tank - MBT52 Kuma

AMV 7 Marshal APC - MSE-3 Marid APC - AFV-4 Gorgon APC

IFV-6c Panther - BTR-k Kamysh - FV-720 Mora

IFV-6a Cheetah AA - ZSU-39 Tigris AA - * AA IFV?

M4 Scorcher - 2S9 Sochor - *Artillery?

M5 Sandstorm MLRS - *MLRS? - *MLRS?

Hunter - Ifrit - Strider

HMTT truck - Zamak truck - Zamak truck

UH-80 Ghost hawk/MH-9 Hummingbird/AH-9 Pawnee - P0-30 Orca - WY55 Hellcat

AH-99 blackfoot - Mi-48 kajman - *Eurocopter tiger?

*V-22 Osprey - *Heavy transport helicopter? - CH49 Mohawk

*V-44 Pelican - * Cargo transport? (C-130) - * Cargo transport? (C-130)

*A10c Thunderbolt II - *Su-25 - A143 Buzzard

*F35 Lightning - *T-50 - *Eurofighter typhoon?

PD:

I don't mean mods, I mean OFICIAL BI content. Mods shouldn't be a way to fill incomplete games. All the units listed above (or equivalents) are a must.

Edited by nightovizard

I can confirm that there's both C-130J and MV-22 mods being worked on for Arma 3. :) Basically a port of them with some additional features (i.e. walking within an Osprey's interior). Ditto for Peral's A-10C port using an interactive cockpit thanks to Franze's assistance and NodUnit's consultation, while Stiltman is doing a separate, simpler (closer to 'straight port') A-10A. (In fairness, the dual MFCDs and their clickability were part of the point of the A-10C upgrade to begin with!)

As for the F-35? Well, I can say that I've been consulting with Phantom on a port of the Arma 2 F-35B... :D

Hopefully BI will sort out the major issues that have been openly discussed in this forum for a very long time but still haven't been addressed.

The big three I can think of:

1. Fix the performance issues! Why can the third installment of a series not handle what Armed Assault and ARMA2 could?

2. Do something about the damage system...please. The AI can take bullets to the face and still be combat effective and that's crazy. Seriously.

3. On a less important note, bipods and weapon resting would really be nice and I think everyone is interested in that.

An up to date Aircraft Carrier usable in the Campaign and Vanilla game. Much like the one in Arma 2, just to fit the Era.

Aircraft-carrier.jpg

Maybe they could use something like this instead of the prop Submarine...

...t_1107_050.jpg

That they supposedly got rid of.

NOTE: If this is the wrong thread please move...

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Nah, it's the right thread. Unfortunately, I don't see this except in mod form -- that is, I don't see it coming from BI -- considering the fundamental issues with the Arma 2 implementation of the LHD (more the very nature of it), and the additional work that it's taking farside, Phantom, and others in getting the Arma 2 Fregata to be something more than just "an island that supports V/STOL" (read: exactly what the Arma 2 LHD was) which BI conspicuously chose to not do.

mm I would like to see this set of vehicles for each faction (I include ingame ones):

NATO

M2A1 Slammer tank

AMV 7 Marshal APC

IFV-6c Panther

IFV-6a Cheetah AA

CRV-6e Bobcat

M4 Scorcher

M5 Sandstorm MLRS

UH-80 Ghost hawk

MH-9 Hummingbird

AH-9 Pawnee

AH-99 blackfoot

Hunter

HMTT truck

*V-22 Osprey

*V-44 Pelican (AV-44 pelican gunship variant? instead of c-130)

*A10c Thunderbolt II

*F35 Lightning

CSAT

T-100 varsuk tank

BTR-k Kamysh

2S9 Sochor

MSE-3 Marid APC

ZSU-39 Tigris AA

Mi-48 kajman

P0-30 Orca

Ifrit

Zamak truck

*Su-25

*T-50

*Heavy transport helicopter?

*Cargo transport? (C-130)

*MLRS?

AAF

MBT52 Kuma

FV-720 Mora

AFV-4 Gorgon APC

A143 Buzzard

WY55 Hellcat

CH49 Mohawk

Strider

Zamak truck

*Artillery?

*MLRS?

*Eurocopter tiger?

*Eurofighter typhoon?

* AA IFV?

* Cargo transport? (C-130)

Comparison:

M2A1 Slammer tank - T-100 varsuk tank - MBT52 Kuma

AMV 7 Marshal APC - MSE-3 Marid APC - AFV-4 Gorgon APC

IFV-6c Panther - BTR-k Kamysh - FV-720 Mora

IFV-6a Cheetah AA - ZSU-39 Tigris AA - * AA IFV?

M4 Scorcher - 2S9 Sochor - *Artillery?

M5 Sandstorm MLRS - *MLRS? - *MLRS?

Hunter - Ifrit - Strider

HMTT truck - Zamak truck - Zamak truck

UH-80 Ghost hawk/MH-9 Hummingbird/AH-9 Pawnee - P0-30 Orca - WY55 Hellcat

AH-99 blackfoot - Mi-48 kajman - *Eurocopter tiger?

*V-22 Osprey - *Heavy transport helicopter? - CH49 Mohawk

*V-44 Pelican - * Cargo transport? (C-130) - * Cargo transport? (C-130)

*A10c Thunderbolt II - *Su-25 - A143 Buzzard

*F35 Lightning - *T-50 - *Eurofighter typhoon?

I can confirm that there's both C-130J and MV-22 mods being worked on for Arma 3. :) Basically a port of them with some additional features (i.e. walking within an Osprey's interior). Ditto for Peral's A-10C port using an interactive cockpit thanks to Franze's assistance and NodUnit's consultation, while Stiltman is doing a separate, simpler (closer to 'straight port') A-10A. (In fairness, the dual MFCDs and their clickability were part of the point of the A-10C upgrade to begin with!)

As for the F-35? Well, I can say that I've been consulting with Phantom on a port of the Arma 2 F-35B... :D

I don't mean mods, I mean OFICIAL BI content. Mods shouldn't be a way to fill incomplete games, mods only generate new content. All the units listed above (or equivalents) are a must.

By the way, thanks for the info @Chortles :)

My wishlist at this point has changed from wanting what I've already received in most mods, to a new updated but not a broken record list. (In other words, those countless topics about damage.)

Right so lets get started.

I would like the following either added by updates or mods:

Stealth Kills.

Enemy AI not knowing when another has been killed.

AI not able to see people hiding in foliage.

AI not able to shoot with pin point accuracy.

Silencers not decreasing damage just sound.

Player able to stay hidden until seen by the enemy.

Player able to carry a primary weapon in the launcher slot.

Model of Pistol in the leg Holster when using primary weapon.

Ability to burn buildings.

Lingor for ArmA 3.

Panthera for ArmA 3.

FSF Jungle for ArmA 3.

Isla Del Fuego for ArmA 3.

Lingor Islands for ArmA 3.

MBG Nam for ArmA 3.

Alcatraz for ArmA 3.

Hashima Island for ArmA 3.

Trenches.

Underground bunkers.

Portable campsite with VAS.

War scenario (Whole map engulfed in war).

Ability to roll.

Ability to Place A route line on map.

Ability to recruit AI friendlies when on I&A and Insurgency and Alive.

Ability to to carry all diving equipment in Backpack.

Ability to fire from Vehicles.

Request #1:

Allow rifles to be equipped in both the primary and secondary slot

It would be nice to allow the launcher slot to be used to hold a secondary weapon, not just a launcher. I.e. a special operations force having a SMG and a longer range rifle at the same time.

This would work like ACE2's weapons on back system, except that switching could be done from the "mouse-wheel menu" (don't know what it's called). The weapons would have a set mass, and carrying heavy weapons would fatigue the player.

This system would be useful for missions where two different weapons are required, or for special operations/diving missions, whereby one could use the underwater rifle when diving then switch to a "normal" rifle on land, with the option to discard the underwater weapon (still able to be retrieved later).

Request #2:

Why not have the option to carry an underwater pistol, like the HK P11? In real life, special operations units can carry their "normal" weapon such as the m4 or mp5 on their back when diving, for use on land. In game, just like real life, the underwater rifle is inaccurate on land, and using STANAG's only helps a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_P11

If we had the option of a weapon such as the p11 for underwater use and then a "normal" gun for land use it would be great. A dive knife would also be a useful addition, as well as underwater explosives and mines.

Although some of these next things have already been mentioned, we should also have the capability to reload while swimming and shoot whole moving, although the shooting should be inaccurate (just like standing/fatigue). I have been caught reloading by enemy divers, even though in real life you would be able to move to get out of the way - you won't reload nearly as quick, but at least you wouldn't die.

We also need dive lights and glowsticks, both for the player and the option to colour code teams through the command menu and have the divers use chemlights specific to that assigned colour would be nice for night ops.

This has been mentioned, but we should get NVG's for the divers, at least in inventory for land use. You could even create another type of diver, so you would have divers w/ and w/o NVG's in the editor. I do think it should be standard that they have NVG's at least for land, but there are water-useable NVG's in real life, but they are limited to depth (another easy thing to implement, just have them start to black out when you go below 20-30 m).

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5367

Finally, any eta on feints underwater diving module? This go deep with no deco diving is so unrealistic.

Speaking along those lines;What about a Flare Gun that works UW and has a IR Strobe light,may be with" Hunter IR Camera" to?

Maybe a Stepcounter that mimics "Dead Reconing","400 paces due West"?

Maybe we can add "BuddyLine" between the divers and we can have some sort of area search,to find that missing Osprey fom the pictures.

I whant Full Face Masks too.I would like to see different colour,IR `Landing Strips`marked out U.W. for SDV`s.

Better AA added to any ship,.exe.file prefered ,to any ship Ciws/Phalanx System to make it hard to acctually get close to the target.

We also need more objects made ,like a Combat Vest (there are a lot of them) made as a Wing West /Diver/airman Life Vest inflateble.Add Knife /Flare Gun /Blast Core A3 FFX Smoke marker and Ctab markers that follows the cars in real time ,and we are getting there.Why not give us a reason to buy Day Z with Singnal Mirror and so on . It would be Cool!!

1526318_693338957364098_1491065533_n.jpg

We realy need this in Arma 3 :D I know it is not realistic or whatever but it would be cool to see 100 guys operating to kill T-Rex :D or some other giant :D

My list would be similarly long but if I could only have one? Snow.

And biotopes!

Yeah it would be nice but the problem is that VBS3 costs an arm and a testicle...and if they add that then they shoot themselves in the foot as the clients will just use Arma 3. Someone will come up with a Mod sooner or later.

Google "Operation Snowstorm"...it's an Arma 2 Mod

Edited by HellRaiser2

Yeah it would be nice but the problem is that VBS3 costs an arm and a testicle...and if they add that then they shoot themselves in the foot as the clients will just use Arma 3. Someone will come up with a Mod sooner or later.

Google "Operation Snowstorm"...it's an Arma 2 Mod

Actually we don't know the cost of VBS3 but they have hinted at it being cheaper than the cost of VBS2 PE. And also hinted at it becoming more accessible for non military personal to purchase.

Edited by ProGamer

and if they add that then they shoot themselves in the foot as the clients will just use Arma 3.

No. Read the license, using A3 for military purposes is in direct violation of the license.

I enjoy Arma 3 but I honestly think mostly because of the nice visuals, I find myself getting more and more frustrated by the weapon sway especially in scopes like the Acog, I find it impossible to control. This goes hand in hand with the fact that it always takes me 3-5 hits to kill someone (except dead on headshots, usually) and the AI's ability to fire back accurately while supressed and injured (using 10-25% AI accuracy)!

I enjoyed Arma 2 more when I could die after 1 or two shots and the same with the AI (modded), coupled with easier aiming. I just find the way that weapon sway is visualized is completely crap in Arma 3, eventually skill goes out the window and I just spray and pray. Firefights are frustrating for me more than anything else. I like realism but I also like gameplay, this is just a game and far from realistic on many levels, I would like to play it as such and actually have more fun by making me feel a bit more skilled and capable of taking that 100m kill shot with a silenced weapon behind enemy lines, instead of shooting an entire mag, missing and alerting the whole AO.

I found a weapon sway mod but my problem with using that is it will make my occasional online play a bit wonky vs singleplayer...

I think Ace mod for A3 is in order! :P

Waiting for a lockable backpack(or even just one backpack that locks) :icon_rolleyes: There are thieves out there or didn't you know that? I love it how that when I'm concentrating with the launcher...some arsehole steals my gun and ammo because they are too lazy to get their own! I'm losing my hair in Multiplayer :mad: and there is not much left!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7577#bugnotes

85% of players want a lockable backpack!!

Same as in Operation Flashpoint...a spray painted insignia appears when you jump into an enemy's vehicle.

Waiting for a lockable backpack(or even just one backpack that locks) :icon_rolleyes: There are thieves out there or didn't you know that? I love it how that when I'm concentrating with the launcher...some arsehole steals my gun and ammo because they are too lazy to get their own! I'm losing my hair in Multiplayer :mad: and there is not much left!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7577#bugnotes

85% of players want a lockable backpack!!QUOTE]

I agree! Or at least a little window that pops up in the bottom corner and says something like... "Player is trying to take something from your backpack. Allow? Yes or no" (hit arrow keys or something)