Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Take a look at Battle Field maps, copy, make them a little bigger.

No. Just no. The expansion will most likely go to the Pacific and will feature Chinese CSAT forces. But I say that Arma 3 needs to take a bit of the Battlefield/COD approach and feature some micro-terrains. That way, the campaign won't be limited to one island.

I say no to jungles or large forests. Why? Because trees drop FPS like a rock.

And the expansion pack should stay in 2035 and not go to the 70s, 80s, 90s, or 2000s just because someone wants a "nostalgic" feeling (for those of you who were born in and lived through the 70s/80s, did you really love it that much?). The expansion pack should build upon the story of the main game Arma 3. It shouldn't abandon that because some people don't like it. Requests like that should be for a different game altogether.

---------- Post added at 00:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

... because US vs. Russia isn't fresh, nor do I find it classic?

Neither are fresh, that's why it should build off of the overarching story and deal with China in the Pacific. China, Russia, and Iran are three members of CSAT. The US is in a proxy war with China. So they will hopefully go there next.

Edited by antoineflemming

Lol, you missed the 70's. Note avatar from the movie "Heavy Metal". :)

Then make a different game. It is a "sandbox" after all. Just keep the soldier models and weapons we have now, and make new terrains. And if the engine can't handle trees, then that's just ridiculous. How can it call itself an FPS engine?

Trees are the way forward to a greener life... Its the future. If you can play stable 30fps in a jungle, then you could probably play in any type of terrain... Just my wishful thinking :D

I am fully expecting something "Asian" and Chinese-focused. I wouldn't expect Vietnam, but I would expect Taiwan or Indonesia or something similar.

I would also expect:

• More modern buildings (2035 and we've not yet hit the 21st century in building materials?)
  • At least one Zargabad-like map for the region
  • Readdition of older (current) weapon and vehicular assets
  • Improvement to sound
  • Building up urban AI

Give me at least 3 of those and I'm happy.

Neither are fresh, that's why it should build off of the overarching story and deal with China in the Pacific. China, Russia, and Iran are three members of CSAT. The US is in a proxy war with China. So they will hopefully go there next.
And we will get yet another China-centric game with "far east setting" in addition to dozens of others. So much fresh!

Time for a plot twist by Western standards*... play the expansion campaign as the Chinese :icon_twisted: </pettkaism>

* Whereas in China they'd probably just be the default BLUFOR. :p

I've pretty much gone off Arma 3, currently for me it's lacking depth, I tried real real hard but just cannot get into the future setting, for all the ridicule of past decades I cannot help but admire the detail and quality in mods created for those era's like CSLA, PRACS, CWR2, super rats Balkan mod and a lot more that ive missed, playing the VTN mod on Beketov feels 50 times more immersive for me than CSAT/NATO on Altis, and I consider Altis one of the greatest maps ive ever played on, still.. playing back in Arma 2 I don't feel I'm missing out on anything from A3, it's the opposite.

I'm not trying to hate on it or anything and im currently enjoying testing Fabrizio's awesome Bcombat mod and to stay OT I wish that MP was catered for more cos that was the best fun I had in A3 back in the Alpha on Stratis, I could see great opportunities for some unique Arma style MP.. Oh well.

looking forward to different options in the future with more contemporary mods being released but for now I'm very happy with A2 and her candy shop assortment of mods.

And the cool thing is I brought a new system for A3 and as a side effect realized I can finally play Arma 2 how Ive always wanted to [bananaDance]

Edited by Katipo66

Trees are the way forward to a greener life... Its the future. If you can play stable 30fps in a jungle, then you could probably play in any type of terrain... Just my wishful thinking :D

Well, I certainly can't...

I would like to see more maps for the full version of the game.

The missions that are Alpha/Beta on Armaholic to be converted for the full version of A3.

I tried real real hard but just cannot get into the future setting

When i first got into the game I felt that way, i didn't like it, but the more i played and seen the new features and what my new computer I built ;)

can render and run on ultra mind you, the game I have to say is pretty dam amazing and looks amazing, something I havent been able to see in many years,

but the futuristic settings are based off of real life counterparts-->http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132745-Is-Arma-3-authentic

Some of those vehicles are in Afghanistan right now, and other places.

Anyways i would like to see more modern day stuff in A3, i do agree I'm not totally fond of the futuristic setting but its not that bad, there are some cool weapons packs that are modern day, sounds mods and such, one weapons pack I highly recommend if you want the modern day feel is check out

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

and run the pack with the SOS and the sounds for the new guns have changed vs the normal game.

Time for a plot twist by Western standards*... play the expansion campaign as the Chinese :icon_twisted: </pettkaism>

* Whereas in China they'd probably just be the default BLUFOR. :p

I wouldn't mind playing as a CSAT Marine deployed on a major Pacific island.

IF BI goes down the Conflict in the Pacific route, I want the island/region to be representative of CSAT's economic situation. By that I mean more futuristic structures that indicate that the region is well developed or going through forced development ( advert billboards everywhere, solar panels and micro wind turbines on older structures, hydrogen power plants(?), modern looking street lights and lamps, perfect roads going through both modern towns/cities and the more rustic/rural looking ones, CCTV cameras on street corners, ports stacked with shipping containers, etc)

It would be cool to see advanced damage systems like this in future ArmA III versions. :cool:

but the futuristic settings are based off of real life counterparts

Yes I realize all that, I'm not disliking it for any content realism thing, im not disliking it at all, I simply can't get into it's vibe, also it's a boring template, so many other interesting scenarios in the world.

It is possible to make such optics in the sights, but there is not even possible to know the current position of weapons (although we may find direction by weaponDirection)

I know that many fans of the game are dreaming about such optics.

We believe that you will be able to implement it on the engine, because Now it is possible to display picture in picture!

Edited by LyotchikSniper

All the stuff is there. Please devs... find some time to make a multi-player skydiving game out of Arma3 and its Halo jumping abilities. Start with a briefing of what your jump teams needs to accomplish on the free fall and how to insert after pulling chutes and if you succeed you get money or points to upgrade chutes or jump suites and such. BIS or some talented mission maker... please make this come true.

At last check the current 3D scopes were specifically because the devs weren't going to do PiP scopes and have mostly ignored such requests since the beginning of the public alpha.

I wouldn't mind playing as a CSAT Marine deployed on a major Pacific island.
This one's an interesting bit... would there be anything to signify "CSAT Marine" as opposed to "CSAT army infantry who simply debarked from landing craft"?
ports stacked with shipping containers, etc)
I unironically want this in Arma 3 more than I ever thought I might until I actually saw this image.

It is possible to make such optics in the sights, but there is not even possible to know the current position of weapons (although we may find direction by weaponDirection)

I know that many fans of the game are dreaming about such optics.

We believe that you will be able to implement it on the engine, because Now it is possible to display picture in picture!

Interesting that its possible though you should report the weapon location issue on the FT do that future mods do not have the limitation/ issue.

You can google for the arma 3 base jumping test map. You might enjoy that in the mean time.

1. This one's an interesting bit... would there be anything to signify "CSAT Marine" as opposed to "CSAT army infantry who simply debarked from landing craft"?

2. I unironically want this in Arma 3 more than I ever thought I might until I actually saw this image.

1. Good point. My vision of the CSATMC is a high speed low drag version of the current CSAT grunts. Lighter equipment augmented by higher mobile firepower and personal weaponry. Armed drones should be a common sight on a platoon/squad level, a higher ration of amphibious vehicles, less bulky combat suits ( the current CSAT suits should be replaced by a standard combat fatigue made out of a textile fiber that allows regulated thermal exchange with the outside environment).

2. Well, honestly I was thinking of a less expansive port section with containers stacked even higher :)

Interesting that its possible though you should report the weapon location issue on the FT do that future mods do not have the limitation/ issue.
So far, since it is sooo difficult for BIS, we can create a normal optics with scripts ;) But for this very necessary function "weaponPosition" similar to weaponDirection.

Thanks for the tip, ticket made http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16026

I was wondering if maybe the gunner seat in the ghosthawk could be given some kind of 6DOF whether its track IR or mouse. I find it almost impossible to have any kind of situational awareness sitting in that seat due to the locked in view down the sights. In past Arma's this feature was on blackhawks not sure the change but I feel it is definitely something that could be helpfull.

I posted this on the request add-on but think it can also come here.

It would be nice to see something dedicated to reflect civilians fleeing the front line, as in groups walking along road with what possessions they can take, truck loads and full cars laden with baggage etc... This would be a nice option for civilian ambient behavior and a cheap way to add some believable emmersion factor.

Adding civilians is counter immersive at the moment as they look out of place and behave numbnuts when the bullets start flying.