Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

BIS needs to bring beta clouds back. They look a lot more natural when it comes to forms and can receive coloration from a sun.

Current clouds look like a random noise at anything below '50'

Case in point:

clouds from beta:

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma3_beta_pantherapc_4.jpg

current clouds:

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/631143_20130304_screen017_4.jpg

Note the coloring and long smooth forms on the first screenshot. Unfortunately now clouds stay white almost always, even in the evening where they should be pink-ish.

Beta clouds were enabled on a dev branch for a short while around the time 'supports' showcase was added. In fact Supports showcase even has them on its in-game screenshot.

wow those beta clouds loooked real nice.

just imagine this clouds with sunshafts *fap-fap*

And new rain?

I swear the dev process on Arma 3 is in Reverse...

It is, have you seen the sun lately since the last update? It is *Arma 2 style make nearly your whole screen go bright white when you look towards it* again, it's terrible. Light shafts are nice but they're not worth having to go back to that terrible "overpowered" sun effect again imo.

Edited by clydefrog

It is, have you seen the sun lately since the last update? It is *Arma 2 style make nearly your whole screen go bright white when you look towards it* again, it's terrible. Light shafts are nice but they're not worth having to go back to that terrible "overpowered" sun effect again imo.

The blinding sun is great.

I'm not going to open a new topic, so I'll just write it down where it's most appropriate; I think.

I have purchased a hard copy of Arma3 and so far I only played it twice, reasons for this are the folowing:

1.Graphical performance is horrible, ok my computer isn't that great, but It could run Arma2 on the max settings without trouble. I need to get a new computer, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

2.Walking/moving, I got used to the new buttons quite quickly, but moving in this game feels so unrealistic. I was just boiling with anoyance during running. In Arma 2 you didn't have this many stances, but the ones you had felt ok, here it's the opposite, many stances, few feel ok.

3.Mouse movement, it's supposed to be easier then in Arma2, but it just isn't. I can't explain what's wrong with it, it just is. (and yes, I've fiddled aro

und with the settings)

3.extra: the steering ratio with a mouse compared to on foot is completly wrong.

4.The future thing and developers designing their own vehicles. I've always been reserved towards this and while you might design some cool things, I feel most of them are just own creations for the sake of it. (ex. the MI-48)

2. This is so true, I am currently working on a simulation control scheme where you don't have to press a billion keys all over your keyboard. Ill let you know.

3. look at my mod in my signature, it improves on this issue. (experience may vary)

Aircraft sim players dream of having clouds like Arma 3./QUOTE]

Lol, we dream of a lot graphics like in Arma 3. Hell, we dream about Quake 3 graphics. :p

But yeah, those beta clouds look a lot better.

1) make enemy AI a bit less super eagle eyed. How is it that they can hit me even when i'm proned and beyond a hill slope? I can't see them cuz they're on the other side of the slope;

2) performance improvement options, ie allow PhySx off, and bigger impact on fps when settings are lowered.

I'd love the dev's fleshing out the AAF faction

wouldn't it be cool to have a futuristic LIGHT TANK for AAF faction

it would fit in the "malta" faction idea, and it gives a unique tank to another faction (different compared to the slammer and t-100)

it could have less armour, and a smaller gun, yet maybe a "stealth tank" - reduced FLIR heat signature, and a slightly faster reload rate

and maybe an auto-cannon (like the AMX-30 series of tanks)

that would be really cool

I'd love this! I think this would be great.

Thread ascended to sticky form. Discuss away :)

maybe it's a bit too soon to discuss, however does anyone have a wishlist on what Arma 3's 1st expansion pack?

I was hoping in the lines of:

1. Far east setting, something in the lines of the Kuril islands maybe?

2. Chinese/North Korean OPFOR (or even both, some form of pledged alliance with CSAT).

3. Snow/blizzards (new weather format).

4. Maybe the return of an amphibious assault aircraft carrier?

5. Use of knives (completely unlike COD/BF standards of course).

6. Nuclear submarines (far fetched...)

These sort of ideas would maybe allow BI to expand their universe in the underwater field, as for me there's good potential there.

Anyone else have any ideas?

maybe it's a bit too soon to discuss, however does anyone have a wishlist on what Arma 3's 1st expansion pack?

Anyone else have any ideas?

hmmm.. 1st expansion pack, My wish -> ArmA 3.1 TAKE ON BUGS.

i dont care if it's too soon to discuss, Bis aint getting my € anymore unless some seriouse change happens..

A3 got to be the biggest pize of sh## i installed on my pc.

if there will be a expansion pack, i hope it will be a standalone like Oa. maybe then i'll get it, if its fun to play and performs 2-3x times better than the current game.

as i see it now. its not worth spending one more cent on this game.

however a naval expansion pack would probeally interest me tho.

i dont care if it's too soon to discuss, Bis aint getting my € anymore unless some seriouse change happens..

A3 got to be the biggest pize of sh## i installed on my pc.

if there will be a expansion pack, i hope it will be a standalone like Oa. maybe then i'll get it, if its fun to play and performs 2-3x times better than the current game.

as i see it now. its not worth spending one more cent on this game.

however a naval expansion pack would probeally interest me tho.

I was thinking in the same lines of standalone expansion pack, something that would revolutionize A3 much like OA did to A2. Something that focuses on the naval warfare with Snow islands and snow blizzards in addition to the weather system (would make for good artic mods too).

Regarding your opinion on A3, so far I'm actually enjoying the game immensely, I find it actually a lot less buggy than A2, with a campaign that was actually flawless.

1. Far east setting, something in the lines of the Kuril islands maybe?

2. Chinese/North Korean OPFOR (or even both, some form of pledged alliance with CSAT).

I really hope BIS wouldn't implement this. Every* second game nowdays have this "far east setting", IMO better stick with ye olde "US versus Russia" if you can't think of something more intresting.

* — not literally

I find US vs anything to be not interesting these days... Why not just something else for a change?

However...

This

These days US vs. Russia is even less interesting.
It's years-proven classics at least. :D I'm not saying BIS should necessarily return to confrontation of Russia and United States, but I think we already have enough (and even more to come) games with far-east setting, why can't we have something more fresh?

It's years-proven classics at least. :D I'm not saying BIS should necessarily return to confrontation of Russia and United States, but I think we already have enough (and even more to come) games with far-east setting, why can't we have something more fresh?

Only if Russia gets to invade Scandinavia so we can fight there with the local forces :)

Although (and I think its the 5th time I have said this) I would like a amphibious war, with walkable ships etc added in, and have it set in the Philippines or somewhere very similiar.

... because US vs. Russia isn't fresh, nor do I find it classic?

... because US vs. Russia isn't fresh, nor do I find it classic?
But this "far east" thing is not very fresh either, isn't it? :) I personally have nothing against, say, "civil war"-like conflict in EU or "Brazil vs. Antarctica" (at least there is no goddamn grass in Antarctica) or something else as long as setting would be intresting and somehow original.

Vietnam or another 70-80's setting.

I enjoy the more manual nature of the weaponry and the overall nostalgic immersion with such a timeframe. I think the engine is finally at a place where jungle combat could be done right and the combined arms aspect of ARMA would make Vietnam amazing.

At worst, I'd like to see a return to a modern setting with current units and weapons.

Something totally different like a flashpoint in South America would be really fresh as well (and provide an opportunity for some really great maps).

Edited by bonchie

I personally hope they stay in the 2035 time era and just switch locations. Fighting for islands in the pacific would be pretty Awesome in my opinion. It would be pretty cool to have a map that consisted of many small islands and then have to capture them all. Basically I would like to see a futuristic recreation of world war 2 fighting in the pacific.

Otherwise snow is cool too (hehe), but I feel that it will get old quick and will require(or lack) alot of features that are necessary for realistic "winter warfare". If there were to be snowy setting I would want there to be mountains though (like real mountains, with cliffs and crevices and caves, not just large hills).

Either way I want them to stick to the futuristic time frame.

Well, ingame, NATO are prepping to head to the pacific, so probably an expansion will take us there... we haven't had a proper tropical jungle yet in ARMAverse, so I hope they will take us there in the expansion :D