Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

That picture is a CH-53E The K hasn't been completed yet. http://sitelife.aviationweek.com/ver1.0/Content/images/store/9/4/09fa8175-3af8-43b5-a4ed-4dc4f8243b2e.Full.jpg

I think the K looks ugly because it's so wide and funky. But yeah if they could make it look like a 53E but with coaxial rotors and have the ability to fit a truck inside that would be pretty cool I think.

See what I mean? http://nextnavy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/AIR_CH-53K_Concept_lg.jpg http://www.sikorsky.com/StaticFiles/Sikorsky/Assets/images/products/Military/CH-53/mil_CH53K_ovr_a.jpg

About the post from Colonel-ONeill in page 204

I have to say intercepting radio signals and tracking them to find enemy location will bring even more strategy to this game!

Of course I dont expect it to be easy so you will have to have someone that understands how to do it within your squad...

Maybe even toss in a mobile command center vehicle which inside you can do that stuff

You get a symbolic 1+ from me

I would be interested in being able to pick up bodies and carry them somewhere.

If I shoot someone in the middle of a street in Agia (for example) I do not then want to stand in the middle of the street looting their body. If I could move their body to a house...then loot away I would feel safer.

I know some mods allow you to carry bodies...however I do not know if the loot follows them

Hello,

I have only one wish at this time:

In the first opus (operation flashpoint : cold war crisis), we were able to read a different quote from famous people each time we were diing on the fields.

The quotes's topic was often against the war and all its consequences.

This is a little wish but it will give back for sure, some added value to the game !

Please add the old tank commanding system from ARMA CWA/OFP CWC back into ARMA III. Tank commanding in ARMA II felt really bad and hard to get the hang of, while OFP had it simple and it made you feel like you're actually commanding the tank. In OFP we had this little white transparent square which we could use to mark targets and moving positions with straight on the terrain, without having to use the map. Not to mention that OFP also had an actual kick-ass tank interrior that was missing from ARMA II. Please add those features back so tank battles can actually feel alive again.

Is this thread even still beeing looked at?....

I dont think so but before my thread gets closed again and I get a warning for opening a thread to discuss an improvement for the game I better post it into the bin in the first place.....

Well either way:

We all know the camouflage system at distance (at close range it works really fine) needs a workover.

This is as much camouflage as we will get in Arma III

But where we see the flaw of the camo system in its full glory is here:

Diver vs Ghillie

I think everyone agrees that its plain wrong that the diver is better camouflaged than the sniper...

Greetings

agreed

Is this thread even still beeing looked at?....

I dont think so but before my thread gets closed again and I get a warning for opening a thread to discuss an improvement for the game I better post it into the bin in the first place.....

Well either way:

We all know the camouflage system at distance (at close range it works really fine) needs a workover.

This is as much camouflage as we will get in Arma III

But where we see the flaw of the camo system in its full glory is here:

Diver vs Ghillie

I think everyone agrees that its plain wrong that the diver is better camouflaged than the sniper...

Greetings

I don't know if there is gps marking which could be switched to (as secondary task can be switched) in Arma 3. I mean in Arma 2 when I make mark on the map i can only put some name for it but can't activate it like secondary task. I would like that when I make mark and set it as main "quest" it'll show me the distance and direction. I think it may come in handy when I want to approach from some other point (by helicopters mainly) than default.

I am new to Arma and I was surprised that a game with this level of detail does not allow you to change weapons while moving. I have looked through the change log and another thread dealing with features of the game to be completed and I did not see this addressed anywhere. Will this be fixed in an upcoming beta patch or the full version? If not then I do not see how this can be considered a milsim. No other shooter that I have ever played restricts you like this when changing weapons.

It's a (years along) issue with the animations system/engine and presumably the lack of a fix was due to lack of time/resources/being told to prioritize something else; there is a mod workaround though.

I wish wind has been implemented.

ACE guys done it and seemingly it shouldn't be too tricky adding to the game

---------------------------------

@

presumably the lack of a fix was due to lack of time/resources/being told to prioritize something else

getting sick of this. There's always something that needs to be re-fixed...honestly :(

Edited by Bee8190

I would like there to be a relatively large amphibious fixed wing aircraft.

Just think of the possibilities, plenty of places to land and takeoff, transport small assets and troops, possibly evade radar etc...

getting sick of this. There's always something that needs to be re-fixed...honestly :(
To me that just says something about how broken the underlying engine was... to say nothing of Joris & Jay's decision (almost certainly with Maruk's OK) that the past two years of Arma 3 development had been wasted.

And hey, at least they're not the DayZ devs where they can't even have an internal release window because they'd just miss it anyway like all the ones they did before.

To me that just says something about how broken the underlying engine was... to say nothing of Joris & Jay's decision (almost certainly with Maruk's OK) that the past two years of Arma 3 development had been wasted.

And hey, at least they're not the DayZ devs where they can't even have an internal release window because they'd just miss it anyway like all the ones they did before.

I see nothing wrong with taking the time to do things right.

Take it easy they are still accomplishing great things, no developer is perfect.....stay on target................,.......

.....stay on target

I hope we get some russian reimagined weapons - first of all AS VAL/VSS VINTOREZ, AEK-971(5.45), AEK-973(7.62), CP1M Vector (handgun with armor piersing bullets). What i mean as "reimagined"? The AN-94 in CoD:Black ops 2 - it looks like deeply modernized version of modern AN-94.

Here, fyi is new awesome prototypes of both AEK's: h_t_t_p://forum.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/007624/7624125.jpg.(The stock butt on the bottom AEK must be rotated for 180 to be ready to shoot using iron sights).

I see "improved' version of AS VAL as having a 8-edge integrated silencer, modernised ajustable stock, rail sights on the top of cover etc.

Edited by Triikor

Posting this question here since it doesn't relate to AI.

Recently, the guys dedicated some effort towards addressing AI behaviour performance in (chiefly) 'CQB' situations. These changes should now all be merged into today's development branch.AI rotation speed increased

• AI rotation speed dependent on encumbrance (more encumbered, slower rotation)
  • AI rotation speed dependent on stance (prone rotation ~3x slower than standing)
  • AI rotation speed dependent on speed of movement (AI that has been moving fast will turn slower than those that are static)

I know a lot of people will hate what I ask now, but wouldn't it be possible to do something similar to player movement ? Maybe in a more moderate manner, but it would definitely address issues like, for example, the insane rotation speed when prone. It would also "penalize" people in CQB situation carrying heavy weapons like sniper rifles or machine guns and it would actually give an advantage in CQB when you are using a submachine gun (less encumbrance, faster turning speed).

Tying the run speed to those factors will also remove the artificial launcher = slow, pistol = fast, even if you have both of them in your inventory.

I know a lot of people will hate what I ask now, but wouldn't it be possible to do something similar to player movement ? Maybe in a more moderate manner, but it would definitely address issues like, for example, the insane rotation speed when prone. It would also "penalize" people in CQB situation carrying heavy weapons like sniper rifles or machine guns and it would actually give an advantage in CQB when you are using a submachine gun (less encumbrance, faster turning speed).

Tying the run speed to those factors will also remove the artificial launcher = slow, pistol = fast, even if you have both of them in your inventory.

No hate from me Varanon, I agree 100%.

You mean like more weapon sway between transitions based on weapon weight and type? I like it! I agree it would help cull the Eotech M320 spam you see on most servers.

Would also agree with you Varanon - read through that update pondering how I'd love to see those changes implemented on players, as well. Love A3's smooth movement, but that doesn't mean we can't have a few balances in terms of movement/aiming speed depending on weapon types. Especially prone!

No hate from me Varanon, I agree 100%.

I Agree totally too.

yep it's a really nice idea but it could cause "strange" (does not know the english word) movement feeling

yep it's a really nice idea but it could cause "strange" (does not know the english word) movement feeling

The english word you are looking for is "Authentic" :D

Agreed 100% Varanon. That would definitely make an impact.