Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Yeah, I think that it could be possible. I don't want to sound like twat saying that if it's in VBS2 it'll be in ArmA 3 but i believe they said somewhere (BIS) that transporting vehicles on truck trailer will be possible (i can't remember where I red about that i'll look on that and post here if i found out). So theoretically it's possible with engine to put vehicles in C-130 and maybe even eject them while in air.

But im not sure about that if theres someone who could confirm or deny that information. I believe i've read somewhere about that but can't remember where :)

You can already do that with AttachTo.

Why put the same reaction in 2 topics? -.-

On topic: if they should make something like a "hook" system that attaches vehicles to i.e. a c130 you would be able to transport them

I hope this will be in A3 as well. Its Iranian mulitrole jet fighter Káhir-313

Its useless junk made out of balsa wood and painted black. It would be slapped out of the sky by any fifth generation jet. If I were devs I'd give them T-50's since they would neighbour Russia in armaverse.

I wish there was a sign or symbol to tell you when your alt key is locked or held down and when the shift key is locked or held down.

kind of modularity would be cool to have, especially on the weapons part. The video belongs to a pre-alpha of Groundbranch. Make sure to pause the video and check all the options displayed when he is configurating the vest. Edited by lolipoyi

kind of modularity would be cool to have, especially on the weapons part. The video belongs to a pre-alpha of Groundbranch. Make sure to pause the video and check all the options displayed when he is configurating the vest.

Thats amazingly user friendly and modular. Too bad the devs/engine probably won't ever do that.

This kind of modularity would be cool to have, especially on the weapons part. The video belongs to a pre-alpha of Groundbranch. Make sure to pause the video and check all the options displayed when he is configurating the vest.

Looks good. But where would this fit into arma? editor? start of missions? during missions? all the above?

Thats amazingly user friendly and modular. Too bad the devs/engine probably won't ever do that.
It already happened: Vespa already said after Gamescom that it's three attachment slots + magazine, and when RobertHammer complained Vespa basically replied "development priorities", while Dwarden basically said that weapons are one-piece, specifically saying in IRC that they're not modular like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

As for you, -Coulum-, I would say that it makes sense as an in-Editor unit editor, think the Loadout Editor -- we've already got the inventory menu for in-mission, and while I wouldn't mind a Ground Brand-like UI screen for a start of a mission, I'd prefer to see that as a plug-in Editor module that can be used on a per-mission basis by mission makers than limit the range of mission possibilities.

I am really hoping for either bipods or the just ability to steady weapons on cover/windowsills.

It is a little silly that laying on the open roof is more effective than using a sniper tower or defensive fortification.

In a real life situation (assuming a sniper had to set up using a window or low cover) they would rest the rifle on the cover to steady it, using a bipod if they have one. If I was in an urban environment as a marksman I would much rather stand inside by a window leaning against the wall to steady my aim, as opposed to climbing on the roof and laying down.

Just a small decrease in scope sway when aiming over/through certain types cover (such as the walls of a prefab watchtower, or the window of a house) would be nice. Because right now fortifications are kind of detrimental to the defenders. While they are protected from gunfire, attackers (who can be prone in the distance) are able to put much more accurate fire on the defenders when they peek out to shoot.

Which is why if I'm defending against anyone at a range farther than 200m I leave the cover made for me so I can lay down on the ordinary ground.

just posted this in the user wishes thread:

Equipment&misc:

-In Game Item: Face Paint - http://tinyurl.com/ctmtetx

-Ability to custom paint certain parts of your face and wipe off any time in-game.

Equiment&misc:

-Realistic Calorie intake as energy

-MRE's as carry-able/usable item (Pot and pan to use on fireplace to heat up the main meal? or could just be eaten cold, I believe they are pre-cooked.)

Energy and MRE detail:

Certain amount of real-time hours until calories run out and pace starts to slow where less sprint based on the soldiers energy level is available. Probably should only needed for long real-time hours in the field for long MP games and continued co-op and SP missions where soldiers aren't returned to base for multiple missions. Could really be useful in the design of very long missions. Many ways to incorperate into the realism of being out in combat for a long time.

heh maybe we can have simulated bowel movements to go along with that. i volunteer to donate my faecal matter as reference material.

I actually thought of that too but it I don't think the dev's want that on their plate.

Will there be any improvement with Anti-Air ?

Base defence in Arma 2 is very weak, a single plane can destroy lots of buildings. Stinger & Igla for Infantry and for vehicles are alright against Helicopters but not really sufficiant against airplanes.

Until we have Arma 3-native fixed-wing aircraft from BI and not just mods (Gnat's Cessna 185 is a turboprop, I'm guessing that you meant "jets") or Arma 2 imports, who knows? Mind you, I haven't seen "how big" a thing MANPADS use is in Arma 3 or if there's supposed to be more than just the NLAW down the pipeline...

EDIT: There was a MANPADS in the first Pre-E3 Livestream on 1 July, the Titan MPRL Launcher, but I don't recall if its "performance" was demonstrated, nor anything further on fixed-wing in either of the June livestreams.

Edited by Chortles

Do you think the NH-90 would be a better choice than the CH-49 Mohawk for green faction? To me the CH-49 Mohawk just looks ugly and bulbous and it doesn't really fit functionally and aesthetically with the rest of the units. The NH-90 looks more futuristic along with the fact it can carry weapons (rockets, cannon & door gunner).

NH-90 pics:

http://batfredland.free.fr/AA2003_Nh90war.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...l_2011_006.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NPaq2F5Uqt...0/AIR_NH90.jpg

Perhaps if they had different versions like in the pics I posted? One a combat or tactical variant with less troop space and the other a plain troop carrier?

Edited by PTRJK

Could you guys maybe make more models for the KSK besides the "I'm suffocating from this Towel around my face" model?

Could they get some Helmets? I mean... their home country is extremely cold, they could at least have some strong headgear?

Sorry for the stupid post though. :confused:

http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-files/public/1355413881_731_FT0_arma3natointernational.jpg

I think you got confused there.

These units aren't official nor are all these nations confirmed for the game. This picture was made by a community member with photoshop...

;)

I've made some custom units based off the current clothing available in the scripting resource.

Check my Steam screenshots and let me know what you think (:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tgxaltair/screenshots/?appid=107410

This is what I love about the ArmA 3 clothing system, it really allows you to make a large combination of units without making seperate hardcoded models (like we had to in A2). Only problem is porting our A2 models forward are a pain in the ass because the vests on the units aren't really seperate. Also the ArmA 3 soldier model has a bit different proportions than the Arma 2 ones.

I've been wanting to see a CH 53E with a coaxial rotor for sometime now so that is definitely on the top of my list. I know the 53K is the wider version that is able to fit a HMMWV inside but I think the 53K looks butt ugly. So I say make a coaxial rotor CH 53E and pretend it can fit a light armored truck or car inside. Something like this... http://i44.tinypic.com/n5geww.jpg (Yes I did this with Paint too... I know)

Next on my list is a helicopter I've been dreaming up for sometime.. Take the nose and body of CH 53E, chop off the wheel wells and move them back, Put two smaller wheel wells up front, change the tail section to something like a V-22, and add large sliding cargo doors to both sides. (Kind of like a Raven from Gears of War but not as ugly..also add a rear ramp.)

That would give you a high tail clearance for the ramp to load or unload troops or cargo, while at the same time the side doors could be used to load wounded or kick out supplies while the gunners provide cover fire for offloading troops. (Closer to real life application than game play.) I've attached this super radical drawing I did with MS Paint while I was at work. http://i39.tinypic.com/2ntysk.png

Notes:

Additionally, the heavy lift helos should be able to fit a civilian truck or a small light weight armored car inside but the total allowance shouldn't change. In the (Slung) section, every load is separated by a comma. For example: (Slung)- 1 APC, 2 Mraps, or 1 (internal) light armor/civ truck and 2 slung.

This means the helicoptor can carry 1 APC OR 2 MRAPs slung underneath BUT not at the same time.

It can however carry 1 light armor or civilian trucks inside and 2 slung beneath it at one time.

US FORCES

Heavy Lift - Coaxial CH 53E: Armament - 3 Medium or Heavy Machine Guns Load Ability - 35 troops, (Slung)- 1 APC, 2 Mraps, or 1 (internal) light armor/civ truck and 2 slung.

Medium Lift - UH 80 Ghost Hawk: Armament - 2 Medium Machine Guns Load Ability - 15 troops, (slung) 1Mrap or light civ truck.

Light lift/Attack - MD500 little bird/Pawnee: Armament - (Self Explanitory) Load Ability - (Slung) 2 ATV's

Attack - AH 99 Blackfoot (Commanche)

IRAN FORCES

Heavy Lift - MI 26 Halo (Kinda too big though maybe an Sikorsky X2HS would look better.): Armament - 3 Medium or Heavy Machine Guns Load Ability - 35 troops, (Slung)- 1 APC, 2 Mraps, or 2 (internal) light armor/civ truck and 2 slung. http://1813.img.pp.sohu.com.cn/images/blog/2009/12/24/17/3/1267016458eg214.jpg

Medium Lift - KA 60 Orca: Armament - 2 Medium Machine Guns Load Ability - 15 troops, (slung) 1Mrap or light civ truck.

Light lift/Attack - Hybrid Havoc/Kaiman: Armament - (Self Explanitory) Load Ability - (Slung) 1 civ syle truck or 2 ATV's.

Attack - KA 58 http://digitality.comyr.com/Comanche/arc/ka58-2.jpg

GREEN FORCES

Heavy Lift - Paint picture helo: Armament - 3 Medium or Heavy Machine Guns Load Ability - 35 troops, (Slung)- 1 APC, 2 Mraps, or 1 (internal) light armor/civ truck and 2 slung.

Medium Lift - NH 90: Armament - with ramp 3 Medium Machine Guns Load Ability - 15 troops, (slung) 1Mrap or light civ truck.

Light lift/Attack - Lynx: Armament - 2 Medium machine Guns or Attack Version rockets and machine guns Load ability - 8 troops, (Slung) 2 ATV's.

Attack - AW Mangusta or AW Apache http://www.helis.com/h/t129.jpg

PMC Forces

Heavy Lift - Boeing ATRG or something bigger with larger capacity? - 3 Medium or Heavy Machine Guns Load Ability - 35 troops, (Slung)- 1 APC, 2 Mraps, or 1 (internal) light armor/civ truck and 2 slung.

http://1803.img.pp.sohu.com.cn/images/blog/2009/12/24/17/4/1267017d365g215.jpg or http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2005/photorelease/q3/pr_050923p_quadroto.jpg

Medium Lift - EC 725 Cougar mkII Or CH49 Mohawk (I like both): Armament - 2 Medium Machine Guns Load Ability - 15 troops, (slung) 1Mrap or light civ truck.

Light lift/Attack - UH 1Y Venom: Armament 2 Medium Machine guns or GAU17 and rockets Load Ability - 8 troops, (Slung) 1 civ truck or 2 ATV's.

Attack - KA 52 Alligator

Specialty Helicopters

V-22 Osprey: Armament - 2 Medium or Heavy machine guns (1 ramp, 1 side door limited) Load Ability - 25 troops, (Slung) 2 Mraps or 2civ trucks.

Eurocopter X3: Armament - 2 Medium machine guns (limited movement) Or rockets and guns. Load ability - 1 civilian truck or 2 ATV's.

Advantages and disadvantages: The v-22 would be fast and large, able to carry heavier loads though not with rotors tilted. It would be able to get into more spots, provided you find a clearing big enough.

The X3 would be very small and fast, flying much like a plane. Though it would be hard to slow down and dangerous to land on anything but completely flat ground thanks to the side mounted props.

Both would have to fly much slower with cargo slung and crew served weapons would be limited in their range of movement due to the wings, nacelles, and props.

Another option could be the Osprey type helicopters used in Half-Life Opposing Force. Basically an osprey with a rear ramp and 2 large sliding cargo doors on the side...maybe adding the option for fast roping.....?