Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Yes it would, it would simplify and speedup the editing process for building missions.

Considering this is a huge editing and modding community, i really think this could increase the number and quality of missions released if the editor had

more functionality in it where basic function can be enhanced or upgraded if you will to be more versatile.

]Also on top of this, some way of toggling whether you can see other units waypoints whilst setting other units, would help to reduce confusion amongst them.

Yep and yep. To add, an undo button would also be great.

I didn't mean to bomb the thread.

If people would be so kind as to offer further discussion on my ideas. It's okay, I don't bite, I can take criticism. In fact PuFu did point out something wrong with my leaning suggestion that was correct, which was that q and e are just a bit faster. The only problem with this criticism is that leaning just isn't something that is used often enough to have them take up two whole valuable keys, and that if people find it necessary they can still use the familiar q and e for leaning by changing them in controls.

EDIT: Perhaps wasd could be used to lean while holding CL instead under options. That would fix the problem. I edited the wish in the wishlist.

Have you tried?...

Trackir (head tracking) for looking & leaning.

Analogue stick for (multiple speed) movement.

Mouse for aiming.

It solved all my problems matey and turned it into a new game.

give it a try :-)

Please give stinger,javelin,strela,igla (yes bad example of 2030 weaponry) and any other weapon of the sort, unique class names for their ammunition. Brilliant functions like

[player,"Stinger", False] call BIS_fnc_invAdd

become useless, when you're in a scenario where you have to calculate available inventory slots before adding the ammo. The function becomes useless for adding ammunition for said launchers, as it simply just adds the weapon, because the weapon and ammunition are named the same. Among other reasons. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why it would be beneficial to avoid same names for the weapon and ammo.

Also, regarding the actual function itself, you can't add mines or satchels to your inventory with it. If you attempt to, you get an error message. Please fix this for A3.

Warning Message: Error: creating weapon PipeBomb with scope=private

Can we have old school lever guns for some old school rebel resistance group

Can we have old school lever guns for some old school rebel resistance group

I always thought that would be cool to see, especially in the "near-future world." People running around with ultra-modern assault rifles, and you just come walking out of a building with trusty old steel, wood, and hot lead.

Progress Information would be great discuss that !

I agree... every 2 week with progress would be wonderful. I understand things are hectic with the developers being released but keeping your clients in the dark is a huge no no.

I would like to see point and shoot cameras introduced in ARMA 3, for reconnaissance missions.

I would like to see point and shoot cameras introduced in ARMA 3, for reconnaissance missions.

i would also like to see this, it will also open the path for things like news reporters :thumb:

I'd like to see the standalone DayZ's version of Chernarus in Arma III, it's the same engine right?

Wrong. DayZ standalone will be using its own branch of the engine, closer to TKOH than Arma3. (Although it has been said that some features from Arma3 could be ported over to it.)

Then get jailed by Iranian forces for spying.

Wrong. DayZ standalone will be using its own branch of the engine, closer to TKOH than Arma3. (Although it has been said that some features from Arma3 could be ported over to it.)
So far it was said that the DayZ graphics lead "Mario Kurty, has been working with some of the ArmA3 artists to ensure that DayZ Standalone has the best visuals possible" and that volumetric clouds would be in use in both the standalone and in Arma 3, plus it seems like there's definitely a percolating of ideas between the two dev teams -- for example, in DayZ the magazine is "currently the only attachment we have fully configured in the game" but after filling it with ammo it's considered an attachment to the weapon, which reminds me of Arma 3, plus both games of course have redone animations for a deliberately more fluid feel.

That's a way to look at it -- but my point remains that "they've definitely been sharing ideas." Yes, that should be obvious, but common sense isn't very common and all that -- on these forums.

for example, in DayZ the magazine is "currently the only attachment we have fully configured in the game" but after filling it with ammo it's considered an attachment to the weapon, which reminds me of Arma 3, plus both games of course have redone animations for a deliberately more fluid feel.

You forgot this: "The quantity and condition of your magazines will be particularly important in the standalone. "

Add this and we may have weapons malfunctions\jams, which would just add in both A3 and DayZ.

But Im being optimistic here.

You forgot this: "The quantity and condition of your magazines will be particularly important in the standalone. "

Add this and we may have weapons malfunctions\jams, which would just add in both A3 and DayZ.

Ah I didn't make that connection. I assumed magazines in poor condition would reduce the damage that weapon deals. For some reason, I never thought it might cause jams. Hope your right and it is implemented in arma 3 as well as dayz.

I'd sure like to see particle animations like this when armor gets hit by anti tank rockets, complete with stored ammo cooking off

4KMa5BJPtEQ#!

Ah I didn't make that connection. I assumed magazines in poor condition would reduce the damage that weapon deals. For some reason, I never thought it might cause jams. Hope your right and it is implemented in arma 3 as well as dayz.

Well, it's a loooooong shot and devs never hinted at something like that, on contrary actualy. It might be just an unusable magazine.

But with something like that we may dream with dry\tactical reload. :yay:

But Im being optimistic here.

I actually discounted that because it seems like Arma 3 is actually being deliberately less detailed than DayZ in some aspects, so it wouldn't surprise me if this was one of them. (Hint hint, no food and water-drinking in default Arma. ;) )

Weapon malfunctions/jams would be greatly appreciated in A3 but even if it didn't appear in vanilia I'll keep my faith in talented modders out here.

That sounds like a compromise -- but I'll be perfectly happy to have vanilla Arma 3 remain jam/malfunction-free.

I wish my Bradley could fly... Vehicle drops via C-130!

Yeah, I think that it could be possible. I don't want to sound like twat saying that if it's in VBS2 it'll be in ArmA 3 but i believe they said somewhere (BIS) that transporting vehicles on truck trailer will be possible (i can't remember where I red about that i'll look on that and post here if i found out). So theoretically it's possible with engine to put vehicles in C-130 and maybe even eject them while in air.

But im not sure about that if theres someone who could confirm or deny that information. I believe i've read somewhere about that but can't remember where :)

Edited by fragmachine