Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Maybe the following ticket/feature-request has become a bit more relevant as of lately,

so check it out and vote for it:

More actions! (better, more versatile animations, fired per new actions)

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/8893

(it's about wood-chopping, digging, construction, lifting, holding, pushing, repairing, tinkering, generic handicraft/work animations ...)

DayZ is awesome and something similar/better zombie compatibility would be great to see, but I wan't to see the rest of the game finished to a high standard first. Arma is the one awesome game for infantry mil sim fans, zombies can be found in other games.

I kinda wonder if there will supports Leap Motion (http://www.leapmotion.com/)

I searched and sure there's no other topic/reply having this.(is it?)

I saw this past weeks ago.

I think it might be a good to making 'Head Tracking';'Driving Control';'Flying Control';'Shooting Control';'Commanding System';'Reloading';'Punching?(meleeing)' or kinds of features easier, it's neat, fast and kinda cheap (the price is about 70 USD).

And might help ARMA III to attract new players, well, at least it will be fun ._.

The following video is introducing video from Leap official:

Leap official said it will out about 2012/Dec or 2013/Jan, and FAQ said they are welcome developers :D

--Addition

I think it may let ARMA III looks like this some point (or even much better?):

I think there's no need of 'Full Supports', but from the 'Assist' way, I believe it's good :D

---

oops, I think I did something wrong lol

Well, someone did post the idea in right place, that's so embarrassing :oops:

Edited by Aykeatowt

I was talking with a squad mate last night regarding small details when it comes to presentation. The topic that came up, among other things was animating the hand lowering the NVG's over the players eye's. Someone already wished for this and it has been added to the list, but I though it would be worth mentioning it here. The animation itself doesn't even have to be complex. Just the left hand lead to the NVG's and a slight nudge downward so the goggles fall on the eyes.

1. ArmA1 had zombies inside the vanilla game. Did that make it a worse game? No it didn't.

Technically, weren't those just corpses for the part of the campaign where US forces discover a massacre by SLA or RACS (I forget which)? Someone made them into zombies later on though IIRC.

Just the left hand lead to the NVG's and a slight nudge downward so the goggles fall on the eyes.

That would be sweet, but I can already see the problem in making this animation for all positions of a head.

for the osprey, pilot should be able to control the angle of the engines. for Arma 2, the osprey stalls at about 40 with the engines facing upward, and when you hit auto hover on, the whole plane suddenly stops stalling and becomes more manueverable than it was without the auto hover and in the same speed.

and for the jets, it accelerates to 200+way too quickly during take off! it just feels weird being able to take off in 10 seconds or less.

and there should be a proper damage model for the jets. like a blown off wing, blown off vertical stabilizers, plane blown into half, engine failure. and all that while we're still alive in the cockpit and we have a few seconds to eject!

how about a little more complicated weapons system for a10s when arming AGMs? not so complicated that we have to press numerous buttons just to arm it. we can select the AGM with a simple hotkey but we target by using the AGM camera and manually putting the crosshair over the target? i think it can be done for GBUs too right? i've not been able to play combat sims since my desktop died and i cant run any of them with my 5 year old laptop(im glad its able to run ARMA 2!)

Have you seen jets take off? They very much do take off in 10 secs or less. The thing is, you should be able to increase your speed before you actually start moving. Because that's essentially what jets do in real life. No different than a street racing car revving up it's engine before the race starts. Currently, your speed is zero until you move forward. This applies to just about every vehicle.

Setup options for the warfare module similar to the user made missions advancing power and apocolapse and maybe others I haven't seen.

Along with this more options in the warfare module itself like limiting some buildings per faction, control of intensity, the ability not to have town resistance easily... .

Ok, I'm not sorting through all 100+ pages here, does anybody know if the A-10 will be in the game? I didn't see it listed on the front page of this thread. I will be MOST let down if they remove the A-10. Also, I'm hoping it'll be easier to coordinate between infantry and aircraft when it comes to target designations.

I bet there will be something similar to the A-10 (probably the design will be a little different), with the number behind the A probably something different. Maybe. I mean, the F-35 might still be in the game (honestly don't know this either). Now that I think about it we really don't know a whole lot about what will be in the game. We don't know just how many or what weapons will be in the game, or how many or what tanks will be in the game, or cars, or boats, or helicopters. We really know only like 1 or 2 of each of those. sigh. All will be revealed when the Alpha (now PACA) will be released.

- been watching the E3 videos and you guys have got to give an option to disable that zoom in "focus" feature

+1. Never liked that feature since OFP.

+1. Never liked that feature since OFP.

You know that you can disable it from the the controls, don't you?

You know that you can disable it from the the controls, don't you?

That doesn't really help when everyone else is using it against you. People shouldn't have a quick button to eagle sight, especially in TvT scenarios.

Would also help make multiplayer firefights more realistic, people actually spending ammunition and get in actual firefights. Too often it's just a matter of zooming in, one-two shot and on to the next target when the

targets are way off.

That doesn't really help when everyone else is using it against you. People shouldn't have a quick button to eagle sight, especially in TvT scenarios.

Would also help make multiplayer firefights more realistic, people actually spending ammunition and get in actual firefights. Too often it's just a matter of zooming in, one-two shot and on to the next target when the

targets are way off.

Mr Charles is correct. The "zoom in" view is actually the 1:1 view, the non-zoomed view is actually an artificial widening of the view for gameplay. The zoom feature is so that you're not losing the "realism" :)

Mr Charles is correct. The "zoom in" view is actually the 1:1 view, the non-zoomed view is actually an artificial widening of the view for gameplay. The zoom feature is so that you're not losing the "realism" :)

I'd disagree. I does provide a small level of actual zoom effect you would never get in 'real life' looking through the barrel of the scope. Plus, you get to enjoy the advantage on the game's LOD system, as you use this feature everything that isn't buildings basically LOD switches, which includes enemy troops and you can spot them easily. If this is a 1:1 view of what you see when looking through a scope, I'd love to know how I can get this in real-life because when I look through my M4 with a Ret Dot I certainly don't see this level of detail and zoom focus down range.

I know it's not an actual zoom, just to make that clear but it feels like one due to some of the 'advantages' it brings that it really shouldn't, especially the engine hiccups.

Edited by Sethos

I'd disagree. I does provide a small level of actual zoom effect you would never get in 'real life' looking through the barrel of the scope. Plus, you get to enjoy the advantage on the game's LOD system, as you use this feature everything that isn't buildings basically LOD switches, which includes enemy troops and you can spot them easily. If this is a 1:1 view of what you see when looking through a scope, I'd love to know how I can get this in real-life because when I look through my M4 with a Ret Dot I certainly don't see this level of detail and zoom focus down range.

I know it's not an actual zoom, just to make that clear but it feels like one due to some of the 'advantages' it brings that it really shouldn't, especially the engine hiccups.

Well "real life" offers you a whole lot more advantages over the game engine, it is the case that we play within the limits set by technology and the PC/user interface. The way to cure your objection is not to remove the zoom, but to remove the wide view, if you wish for as realistic a view as possible. Personally, I like the wide/narrow view zoom feature, it gives a decent enough feature replacing what is lost by playing the game through a monitor.

It's kind of like complaining about players who have an advantage by having a higher resolution monitor to play on, at some point you just have to accept the vagaries of personal preference vs MP advantage/loss, which I heavily suspect is mostly imaginary anyway.

Yay, it's the "zoom" discussion again! Always fun. :rolleyes:

Just to summarize my answers to the posts so far, and to (doubtlessly) the next couple of pages:

* No, zooming should not be removed. No one is forcing you to use it.

* No, it is not "unrealistic".

* No, your eyes can't "zoom" IRL, but that's not what this feature represents.

* No, it should not be toned down.

* No, they should not make it a server-enforced difficulty option.

to try and "be the bridge" between DMarkwick and Sethos, IRC some developer said that for a 19 or 21' monitor (who was the normal size at that point), the "zoom in" feature should bring it to a closer FOV to what you see with your naked eye. That said, the zoom factor could be a bit decreased if you take into consideration the average resolution is somewhere between 1680x1050 to 1920x1080, and not 1280x800 like it used to be....

It's kind of like complaining about players who have an advantage by having a higher resolution monitor to play on, at some point you just have to accept the vagaries of personal preference vs MP advantage/loss, which I heavily suspect is mostly imaginary anyway.

Which doesn't make sense because higher pixel density isn't exactly an advantage, I have a 30" monitor running 2560x1600 and I can attest to that.

I still think it needs a rework, reveals too much due to the LOD switching and makes it too easy. If the engine had no aggressive LOD switching, I wouldn't mind it too much.

This video shows an issue with ArmA 2 3rd person animations. When you're in 3rd person and turn slightly, your body plays an animation that causes your point of aim to lag behind, which leads to many a missed shot in ArmA, sometimes in very, very bad situations.

It would be nice to see this animation issue fixed with A3.

Which doesn't make sense because higher pixel density isn't exactly an advantage, I have a 30" monitor running 2560x1600 and I can attest to that.

I still think it needs a rework, reveals too much due to the LOD switching and makes it too easy. If the engine had no aggressive LOD switching, I wouldn't mind it too much.

Well I guess we should accept the vagaries of personal preference & opinion then, because to me, pixel density most certainly DOES represent an advantage :) For me, "zooming in" replicates the extra pixel density that you enjoy. And in any case, as MadDogX said, zooming in isn't what it's trying to replicate. Also, as MDX also said, this subject is somewhat of a rehash, it gets brought up every couple of months or so ;)

---------- Post added at 01:53 ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 ----------

to try and "be the bridge" between DMarkwick and Sethos, IRC some developer said that for a 19 or 21' monitor (who was the normal size at that point), the "zoom in" feature should bring it to a closer FOV to what you see with your naked eye. That said, the zoom factor could be a bit decreased if you take into consideration the average resolution is somewhere between 1680x1050 to 1920x1080, and not 1280x800 like it used to be....

I'd guess that gets a little more complicated for people who, like me, play in a windowed environment :) where game screen size isn't set by the monitor size but the resolution & pixel size of the monitor.

This video shows an issue with ArmA 2 3rd person animations. When you're in 3rd person and turn slightly, your body plays an animation that causes your point of aim to lag behind, which leads to many a missed shot in ArmA, sometimes in very, very bad situations.

Huh. I tend not to really think of this as an "issue" and more as a good thing. I like the fact that your weapon lags behind your point of aim; it makes it feel like your gun actually has weight. I really don't like the fact that most games allow you to spin around and shoot extremely quickly with very few penalties. When you turn to fire, it should take a bit of time to realign your aim, shouldn't it?

Other than that, I'd like to say that the 15th MEU is an awesome group. Y'all keep up the good work.

@DMarkwick: I agree that pixel density gives certain players an advantage, and that "zooming in" should stay as it is. I don't really care that much about the differences between someone's high-quality monitor and my laptop screen, but the zoom function shouldn't be modified.

Rewatch all E3 demos of ArmA III, the new crosshair remedies the issue, and I think it will be fully playable in 3rd PV in CQC.