Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

I don´t mind answering some questions, but at this point dunno if its worth it. Maybe for a DLC\expansion, but thats a long shot.

That's the idea. It will serve as future reference for BIS.

Maionaze wait till after E3 and all other media coverage passes for now.

BIS might have things up their sleeves still like they did with Stratis.

I would answer it then.

It would be amazing if Arma had some more hand-to-hand combat, with an urban setting like a huge City as one possible DLC map.

Hey Just had a quick idea from my experience piloting in ARMA 2

Is there any chance even if it's Extremely Small chance of Surviving a Helicopter Crash in ARMA where the type of Helicopter, Velocity, Height, Crew Size. Play a factor in it? like the Higher you are up and the Faster you fall the less chance you have of surviving.

I heard of many stories of pilots surviving crashes in helicopters even if it is small. they walked away with some injuries some severe and some extremely lucky that was not severe but it'd be a interesting feature.

What does everyone think? :)

Hey Just had a quick idea from my experience piloting in ARMA 2

Is there any chance even if it's Extremely Small chance of Surviving a Helicopter Crash in ARMA where the type of Helicopter, Velocity, Height, Crew Size. Play a factor in it? like the Higher you are up and the Faster you fall the less chance you have of surviving.

I heard of many stories of pilots surviving crashes in helicopters even if it is small. they walked away with some injuries some severe and some extremely lucky that was not severe but it'd be a interesting feature.

What does everyone think? :)

Autorotation currently exists in ArmA and it is possible to safely land a damaged helicopter without engine power, although it is not as realistic as the autorotation in Take On Helicopters. But, thankfully, ArmA III will feature the same helicopter flight model as present in Take On Helicopters.

Autorotation currently exists in ArmA and it is possible to safely land a damaged helicopter without engine power, although it is not as realistic as the autorotation in Take On Helicopters. But, thankfully, ArmA III will feature the same helicopter flight model as present in Take On Helicopters.

I think he means the 'Oh, you hit the ground faster than x kph! Now you all explode 100% of the time!' problem.

Hi all, I ask programmers to make sure that the sidearm is visible in the holster ... would be much more realistic ... thanks for your attention

I think that BIS must create a lot of lessons on creating add-ons for Arma 3 with alpha relise. This will speed up development and prolong the life of the game.

I think he means the 'Oh, you hit the ground faster than x kph! Now you all explode 100% of the time!' problem.

Or if you bump into a tree you explode instead of chopping it down or destroying your rotors..

Yes these systems need overhauls.

I think that BIS must create a lot of lessons on creating add-ons for Arma 3 with alpha relise. This will speed up development and prolong the life of the game.

Yes, and dont forgot about custom sceletons and ANIMATIONS for creatures and for vehicles!!!

I would like to see the ability to travel from one map to another on the same server. That would be crazy.

Or, even in game with single player... Like going from the larger island they use as the actual game and the smaller island for faster boot-up.

Edited by SpecOp9

Because Arma 3 is future warfare orientated i would like to see the KA-50 (2)

This thing looks sexy and i think fits well into the new Arma 3 world.

Agreed. Add some "futuristic" stuff like V-tail, other engines, "Hermes-A" on hardpoints and it will not only be logical successor of Ka-52 from Arma 2, but also more realistic and beautiful than Mi-48.

Just put ZOMBIES on it, and BOOM!! TOP SELLING! you will destroy MW shiet! xD

funny but maybe true :s

doit please!

Please NO! ArmA3 could be turned into some COD- or Battlefield-like arcade shooter, and be TOP SELLING because of its graphics, animations, arcade gameplay, etc. Doesn't mean BIS should do that. Not to be bashing COD or Treyarch, but if you're really that eager for a Zombies fix, there's WaW and Black Ops 1/2 for you. DayZ can stay a mod (would prefer that someone pick it up and make a separate game, kinda like Iron Front), but by no means should it be vanilla content or a staple of the ArmA series.

antoineflemming +100, How Xeno sayd when close Domi :D :

I buy this game because i want to play in milsim, but dont kill dumb zombies :D!

BUt, if DayZ can increase BI richness, and this richness can help to improve Arma series, why not?!

dayz, dayz, dayz... damn integrate ACE and some other awesome community mods!!!

antoineflemming +100, How Xeno sayd when close Domi :D :

BUt, if DayZ can increase BI richness, and this richness can help to improve Arma series, why not?!

dayz, dayz, dayz... damn integrate ACE and some other awesome community mods!!!

The answer to your question? Money is really important, primarily to help support the employees, so that they can make a living. But sometimes there are more important things than making money. I'm glad that BIS can find that balance b/w making money from the ArmA series and staying true to the ArmA series, instead of selling out like Ghost Recon has done. Which is why I don't want the ArmA series to sellout by officially adopting zombies as a core game component. If people want to get their unrealistic zombie fix (yes, zombies are unrealistic) then they can find it in a mod.

The answer to your question? Money is really important, primarily to help support the employees, so that they can make a living. But sometimes there are more important things than making money. I'm glad that BIS can find that balance b/w making money from the ArmA series and staying true to the ArmA series, instead of selling out like Ghost Recon has done. Which is why I don't want the ArmA series to sellout by officially adopting zombies as a core game component. If people want to get their unrealistic zombie fix (yes, zombies are unrealistic) then they can find it in a mod.

1. ArmA1 had zombies inside the vanilla game. Did that make it a worse game? No it didn't.

2. Sellout? You fucking serious?

3. DayZ is fucking brilliant. Why? Not because of the zombies per say (not really my cup of tea either). But because it shows what RV engine is capable of. Could a talented fellow like Rocket do the same with a more military approach in mind. Why not...?

Some are more on the realistic side of the game, some (like me) are more on the sandbox side. I'm pleased by the unexpected success of the sandbox side, and hope it'll open more options for the RV engine future.

Some are more on the realistic side of the game, some (like me) are more on the sandbox side. I'm pleased by the unexpected success of the sandbox side, and hope it'll open more options for the RV engine future.

same here Tourn.

1. ArmA1 had zombies inside the vanilla game. Did that make it a worse game? No it didn't.

2. Sellout? You fucking serious?

3. DayZ is fucking brilliant. Why? Not because of the zombies per say (not really my cup of tea either). But because it shows what RV engine is capable of. Could a talented fellow like Rocket do the same with a more military approach in mind. Why not...?

I would love a more military approach, without zombies. I put zombies in the same group as aliens. People will complain about aliens (the whole April 1st thing that got some ppl into a fit) but want zombies as if that's more realistic or something. It's not something that should be standard in a milsim. And in reference to SpetS15's post, NO, I don't think BIS should add zombies because it'll make ArmA3 the TOP SELLING GAME. Whether BIS adds zombies or not, I don't think that's a good reason to add any feature. Just because you or some others may like Zombies doesn't mean that the entire community favors that. But, you know what? BIS adding DayZ as an official ArmA3 mode wouldn't make me rage quit or boycott. Hell, I'd just not play that game mode. I just don't like that DayZ attracted newcomers whose primary interest was in the zombies aspect, when ArmA is about much more than that. People complain about attracting COD players and BF players who care nothing about the simulation aspect of the ArmA series, but somehow that same attitude isn't directed towards people who come because of zombies and care nothing about the simulation aspects of the ArmA series.

I also think DayZ is pretty brilliant. I'd love a DayZ without zombies. I suggested in another thread that, if they were to add DayZ (and all it offers), that they should also add in versions that replace the zombies with something else, like aliens, giant mutant animals, human soldiers, whatever really, so that it really is a survival type of game mode with different things you're surviving from. But I just don't think DayZ should be made a core part of ArmA3 simply for the zombies. As SpetS15 said, "Just put ZOMBIES on it, and BOOM!! TOP SELLING! you will destroy MW shiet! xD". The focus is clearly zombies there, which I was addressing. And I don't think that BIS should even focus on "destroy[ing] MW". No feature should be added or removed for that reason. Glad they haven't tried to focus on beating out any popular shooter.

I mean, I'm more on the sandbox side than the realistic side (like, for example, I honestly don't care that much whether the current medic healing system that's present in game modes like Domination is made more realistic or not), but zombies aren't my cup of tea, and I don't think zombies themselves, with or without the DayZ features and survival-centered features, should be added just because they're zombies.

You are right, though, DayZ definitely is a testament to the power of the RV engine and modding capability in general. Not to mention ArmA is one of the last series that allows true modding.

Edited by antoineflemming

In lieu of zombies, it would be fun to have a sandbox game mode where you play a fugitive on Limnos shortly after its capture by the Iranians. You still have to scavenge for food, weapons etc. but also have to watch out for Iranian patrols, drones etc.

Something like that. I'm sure the persistent, open world sandbox of DayZ would be adaptable to something closer to reality.

Not that I'm opposed to zombies - I fucking love me some Z's.

In lieu of zombies, it would be fun to have a sandbox game mode where you play a fugitive on Limnos shortly after its capture by the Iranians. You still have to scavenge for food, weapons etc. but also have to watch out for Iranian patrols, drones etc.

Something like that. I'm sure the persistent, open world sandbox of DayZ would be adaptable to something closer to reality.

Not that I'm opposed to zombies - I fucking love me some Z's.

That's like almost what I said, somewhere else on these forums! :)

I would love a more military approach, without zombies. I put zombies in the same group as aliens.

great, i am sure you are not the only one, but just as well, there are some who would dissagre.

People will complain about aliens (the whole April 1st thing that got some ppl into a fit) but want zombies as if that's more realistic or something.

and? "people" can have different opinions.

It's not something that should be standard in a milsim.

milsim or not, arma is still a game. a sandbox one.

And in reference to SpetS15's post, NO, I don't think BIS should add zombies because it'll make ArmA3 the TOP SELLING GAME.

i said it before, A1 had zombie meshes. Hell even OFP had some (addons).

Whether BIS adds zombies or not, I don't think that's a good reason to add any feature.

What sort of feature you talking about?

Just because you or some others may like Zombies doesn't mean that the entire community favors that.

I don't. But neither you or I should speak for entire community. I know i don't, but you seem to have a habit.

But, you know what? BIS adding DayZ as an official ArmA3 mode wouldn't make me rage quit or boycott.

Where did you get that from? BIS said they will provide all the support needed so that dayz works better within RV engine. They never said they'll implement it (some lad over aholic read that badly and the word sort of spr

I just don't like that DayZ attracted newcomers whose primary interest was in the zombies aspect, when ArmA is about much more than that.

I really don't understand why that bothers you so much. Why do you give a fuck about other "people's" preferences?

People complain about attracting COD players and BF players who care nothing about the simulation aspect of the ArmA series, but somehow that same attitude isn't directed towards people who come because of zombies and care nothing about the simulation aspects of the ArmA series.

The one complaining have no idea how a business is run. Moreso, those lads coming in from other games have either got used to the game, or moved on. Either way, you, or anyone else for that matter, has the option to play the game their own way, on their own servers, using their own missions/addons/scenarios.

Again, i really don't see the drama here.

I also think DayZ is pretty brilliant. I'd love a DayZ without zombies. I suggested in another thread that, if they were to add DayZ (and all it offers), that they should also add in versions that replace the zombies with something else, like aliens, giant mutant animals, human soldiers, whatever really, so that it really is a survival type of game mode with different things you're surviving from.

I am pretty confident they won't include DAY-Z from the get go anyhow..

But I just don't think DayZ should be made a core part of ArmA3 simply for the zombies. As SpetS15 said, "Just put ZOMBIES on it, and BOOM!! TOP SELLING! you will destroy MW shiet! xD". The focus is clearly zombies there, which I was addressing. And I don't think that BIS should even focus on "destroy[ing] MW". No feature should be added or removed for that reason. Glad they haven't tried to focus on beating out any popular shooter.

I am pretty sure that there was some sarcasm in that post of his. But just as you said, it doesn't seem BI us loosing focus, so all of the above is just a moot point/waste of focus.

I mean, I'm more on the sandbox side than the realistic side (like, for example, I honestly don't care that much whether the current medic healing system that's present in game modes like Domination is made more realistic or not), but zombies aren't my cup of tea, and I don't think zombies themselves, with or without the DayZ features and survival-centered features, should be added just because they're zombies.

Should be added where? You mean the meshes? In A1 the meshes was also hidden in the editor, and none of those were ever used in any of the official content. Still, custom missions did NOT require any additional addons.

You are right, though, DayZ definitely is a testament to the power of the RV engine and modding capability in general. Not to mention ArmA is one of the last series that allows true modding.

glad you and me agree on something at least. I'm looking forward to the day you and others that are praising the engine modability will actually put that to some good use...

great, i am sure you are not the only one, but just as well, there are some who would dissagre.

and? "people" can have different opinions.

milsim or not, arma is still a game. a sandbox one.

i said it before, A1 had zombie meshes. Hell even OFP had some (addons).

What sort of feature you talking about?

I don't. But neither you or I should speak for entire community. I know i don't, but you seem to have a habit.

Where did you get that from? BIS said they will provide all the support needed so that dayz works better within RV engine. They never said they'll implement it (some lad over aholic read that badly and the word sort of spr

I really don't understand why that bothers you so much. Why do you give a fuck about other "people's" preferences?

The one complaining have no idea how a business is run. Moreso, those lads coming in from other games have either got used to the game, or moved on. Either way, you, or anyone else for that matter, has the option to play the game their own way, on their own servers, using their own missions/addons/scenarios.

Again, i really don't see the drama here.

I am pretty confident they won't include DAY-Z from the get go anyhow..

I am pretty sure that there was some sarcasm in that post of his. But just as you said, it doesn't seem BI us loosing focus, so all of the above is just a moot point/waste of focus.

Should be added where? You mean the meshes? In A1 the meshes was also hidden in the editor, and none of those were ever used in any of the official content. Still, custom missions did NOT require any additional addons.

glad you and me agree on something at least. I'm looking forward to the day you and others that are praising the engine modability will actually put that to some good use...

The BIS adding DayZ part was a theoretical. Basically, even IF they decided to add DayZ as official, I wouldn't boycott it. As in it's not that important an issue.

Dissertation sized ramblings.
The BIS adding DayZ part was a theoretical. Basically, even IF they decided to add DayZ as official, I wouldn't boycott it. As in it's not that important an issue.

Uhm, no offense man but you could have saved alot of forum space by just stating what you did above in the first place :rolleyes:

Edited by froggyluv

I think it will be safe to say that whatever default missions are supplied with ArmA3, that as long as the editor & AI work then all will be good. And, when all's said & done, DayZ is just a mission :) all this talk about ruining ArmA with zombies is rather missing the point.