Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

my point is NOT getting rid of O2, but rather have it just for its buldozer. As previously said, i don't see BIS taking their time to update O2 further than handling the new buldozer and their shaders. See, i find the lack of interoperability between this and profesional products quite a shame, especially since other SDKs (UDK, CE3 etc) allow an easier setup between products (hell, those sdks have bipeds files and other samples in .max and .mb format).

Hell, even having the shaders for max and maya would be a plus (not that they cannot be mimicked, but would be easier to have the official way): RVMAT basics Thread

FBX to RTM already exists for VBS2 for instance etc etc

Edited by PuFu

It would be great if we were allowed to climb on or get on to 3d world objects, like stack of pallets.

Would also be wonderful if I we could use rocks as consealment or as higher ground without the jerking and glitching.

I hope for much more polished and thorough thought side of multi player side of things.

Please make the grass smaller, something that does not obstruct the vision when you are in prone possition, even if its not like a realistic wild field, I know you can maybe turn it off, but i dont like to turn it off. And everybody knows that you cant see them (AI) but they can perfectly see you

To be able to make folders inside MPMissions.

Please make the grass smaller, something that does not obstruct the vision when you are in prone possition, even if its not like a realistic wild field, I know you can maybe turn it off, but i dont like to turn it off. And everybody knows that you cant see them (AI) but they can perfectly see you

No, please don't for the sake of making the game more convenient by allowing us full freedom wrt choice of avenue of approach without consequences. I'd rather have patches of "annoying and non annoying" grass so that we can plan more against it, so that when we DO get into problems because of it, it will be our own damned fault.

I believe much of the AI issues have already been addressed, even if they may not be 100% accurate (impossible). The problem with Chernarus was too much high grass pretty much everywhere, leaving us few counters to choose from. Convex landscape curves made overwatch as a counter hard to perform many places (but not everywhere).

I think if the ai could use arty with out a human player telling them to use it that would be nice.

Has there been any mentioning of wind in Arma 3, affecting ballistics? It would make sniping a lot more interresting and realistic, and if an Arma 2 mod (ACE) can do it, it surely can not be a big problem to implement this in the main game.

Has there been any mentioning of wind in Arma 3, affecting ballistics? It would make sniping a lot more interresting and realistic, and if an Arma 2 mod (ACE) can do it, it surely can not be a big problem to implement this in the main game.

Would be nice to have this as a difficulty setting. Default on lower difficulty levels could be "off", so new players would not get confused by it. Of course on highest difficulties it would be "on" (and one could activate it on lower difficulties if he so desires).

Would be nice to have this as a difficulty setting. Default on lower difficulty levels could be "off", so new players would not get confused by it. Of course on highest difficulties it would be "on" (and one could activate it on lower difficulties if he so desires).

Server setting.

Server setting.

Of course. If it's a difficulty setting, you can set it "on" in the server config file and it's then activated for everyone playing at the server afaik.

My wish: For Bohemia to implement Eric Bruneton's real-time rendering and lighting of forests. Whitepaper Link

This could be how Chernarus looks from the air.

tree_ss_01.jpg

Current lighting engine is pretty good for these type of renderings, Chernarus and Takistan already look great from the up IMO. It's been said a lot of times, if something needs to be improved/implemented that is support for multiple dynamic light sources.

I'm sorry if it has been posted before but will players be able to shoot from moving vehicles?

I'm sorry if it has been posted before but will players be able to shoot from moving vehicles?

No official word.

Moving around in vehicles is on the dev's "List of things we'd totally like to implement but can't promise you yet" â„¢, but that's about it.

I started a thread for an idea (link below)...

It was starting to get popular with plenty for and against the idea but it got locked :-(

I felt there was more to be said about it...

No more flat maps... MAKE ARMA GLOBAL!!!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131323-No-more-flat-maps-MAKE-ARMA-GLOBAL!!!

Seems more like an idea for Arma4, if anything, since it definitely won't be happening in Arma3. In any case, it's way too early for that.

Noticed on the introduction video that the crew in the boats still can't shoot while in the boat (If not on a mg or other equipment).

The obvious question is why ?

Remember that was a while ago, it may have changed since (remember he said the screen didn't work as RTT hadn't been implemented either at that stage) so I guess it may still be in the pipeline because that it an old video.

Noticed on the introduction video that the crew in the boats still can't shoot while in the boat (If not on a mg or other equipment).

The obvious question is why ?

Lord Ivan said that if they do implement shooting out of vehicles, only human players will be able to do this.

Lord Ivan said that if they do implement shooting out of vehicles, only human players will be able to do this.

"Only"! another point against this about buy this game

"Only"! another point against this about buy this game

Wait, what? I didn't really get the gist there, but this being the internet, I shall proceed to post my opinions :computer:

So, you're saying that because AI won't be able to shoot from vehicles in any case, you're disappoint and will not buy the game? Have fun down there with your "lesser games." :rolleyes:

@InstaGoat and his post about 3D Scopes -without performance draining Picture-in-picture-

Yes. Just yes, I downloaded this mod last week and haven't used the default acog since, I don't think I even could use the default acog again after using this mod. Such a simple solution to 3d scopes and IMHO there's no need for PIP when this method can be used. The only advantage to the Pip method is a small part of the screen is zoomed in when it shouldn't be... meh. If PiP stays in the final game and is used for 3d scopes I would like to see this simpler method used on 3d scopes when PiP is disabled.