crooker12

Removing current parameters when replacing weapon class

Hi,

I'm currently revising the NATO/RHS replacement pack created by el_guiguitre and I to solve the current problems with it, and I've encountered a problem with replacing the MX SW with RHS's M249. Despite making the MX SW class a child class of the RHS M249, the game continues to draw the sounds from the vanilla class, not the parent class. I think I could theoretically define the sounds in the new class, by copying over the mode classes from the RHS config. However, the RHS M249 mode classes (and all parent classes) are missing the component where the sound is defined, so doing things this way removes the sound altogether.

Is there a way to 'empty' a given classname, so that it then draws all information from the parent class? The ArmA 3 Replacement Config Tutorial (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_3_Replacement_Config_Tutorial) mentions 'cleaning' both classes as part of the Basic Preparation, but I am not sure a) whether this is what I am looking for, and b) how to go about doing this

EDIT: disregard the above. RHS stores the sound config separately to the rest of the config. Once the relevant mode classes were copied into my new config, it worked fine. Just a question of looking in the right place...

Edited by crooker12