POLPOX

What is your favorite Arma music? Vote now!

Soundtracks are nice component for gameplay, of course for Arma series too.

If you are a hardcore Arma player, you may have most favorite soundtrack.

In this thread vote a music, discuss what is the best, and promote your best!

You can vote over 280 musics from Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (Arma: Cold War Assault), Arma: Armed Assault, Arma 2, Arma 3, Take on Helicopters, Iron Front: Liberation 1944 and their DLCs.

Vote form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdp03V_ra8gTi-36n6KdqKxTVAk3ZoF3Yh705KlcFaBlKeDPg/viewform

Analytics:

My favorite is 12 - Paradise On Earth from Arma.

What is yours?

Song - Defcon 
ArmA 2  in campaign - Eagle Wing

This music makes the whole mission imo. It totally helps the Oh Shit feeling. Crash landed running out of ammo and crazy CDF guys chasing you down. Very bleak mini campaign but totally immersive

It portrays the sense of isolation and grief and makes the player feel very lonely and sad themselves.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, snakeplissken said:

Song - Defcon 
ArmA 2  in campaign - Eagle Wing

This music makes the whole mission imo. It totally helps the Oh Shit feeling. Crash landed running out of ammo and crazy CDF guys chasing you down. Very bleak mini campaign but totally immersive

It portrays the sense of isolation and grief and makes the player feel very lonely and sad themselves.

Yeah. I think i actually would agree with you on that. Would love to play eagle wing again-maybe it will be ported to A3 sometime.

• Like 3

Slow Blades from OFP

Jumping in the BMP-1 and one-man-armying everyone in the camp while this was playing the background...good times.

I voted for defcon from Eagle Wing too.If i could vote all of EW tracks i'd do it,it is the best music B.I. ever created.This feeling of isolation as ineptaphid said,for me it was more like desolation.A little sad but not too heavy,with all yellow sky,the ashes in the air,the nuclear blast and the wind blows,that feeling got stuck in my mind and is the best i've ever had.

East Wind has some good tracks too,it reminds me of ancient and modern Greece combined.

• Like 1

Snow Blades is my favorite from OFP. It sounds epic. Otherwise there's quite a few from ArmA 3 I'd pick (I'm not too familar with A2's soundtrack and certainly not A1's)

While on the subject of soundtrack.. anyone know where I can find the A1/2 soundtracks, for download? I collect video game music.

9 hours ago, sniper_x002 said:

Snow Blades is my favorite from OFP. It sounds epic. Otherwise there's quite a few from ArmA 3 I'd pick (I'm not too familar with A2's soundtrack and certainly not A1's)

While on the subject of soundtrack.. anyone know where I can find the A1/2 soundtracks, for download? I collect video game music.

I have all mine from buying 'special' editions of the different Arma titles.

This thread has me listening through the music from the different titles. Definitely some good stuff in there!

For me, I'd have to say, either 'Canton Protocol' or 'Revenge' - and of course, the track from the Helicopter DLC trailer! The music to the Arma series is one of the main reasons I love the franchise. It's nothing short of genius.

I haven't played any Arma other than Arma 3 so my favourite music is the apex this is war remix! Specifically part two. It has a different feel and also makes the player feel like he accomplished something in game. 

Cue the music after surviving a battle and rescuing your unconcscious squad leader while looking at the sunset. Just splendid!

I should probably take a look at all the old songs from A2 and OFP maybe il find something nice :)

OFP - 7th - Lifeless

It's hard to pick the favorite soundtrack. There's quite a few I love in OFP, A2 and A3 but this has been most memorable and epic credits I've ever seen in a game. Might not be suitable for use in actual gameplay but I love it

• Like 1

Your missing 

Decide
            Lifeless
            Overdose
            Communism
            Cold War Dawn
            Organ Works

I'm gonna go with "Decide" due to how epic it felt for me as a 15 years old when you retake Malden with "Decide" just blasting in the background, with the chorus going "Taking it back, taking it back, taking it back!!!"

I so hated the enemy, it felt so good!

But the sound track of Operation Flashpoint is simply just amazing, it's one of my favorite sound tracks and it is way better than anything BIS has shipped in ARMA, ARMA 2 and ARMA 3. All of the songs from the OFP sound track listed here are simply amazing. Walk... Secret... March hell... All amazing!

On 2017/3/18 at 6:51 AM, almanzo said:

Your missing 

Decide
            Lifeless
            Overdose
            Communism
            Cold War Dawn
            Organ Works

I'm gonna go with "Decide" due to how epic it felt for me as a 15 years old when you retake Malden with "Decide" just blasting in the background, with the chorus going "Taking it back, taking it back, taking it back!!!"

I so hated the enemy, it felt so good!

But the sound track of Operation Flashpoint is simply just amazing, it's one of my favorite sound tracks and it is way better than anything BIS has shipped in ARMA, ARMA 2 and ARMA 3. All of the songs from the OFP sound track listed here are simply amazing. Walk... Secret... March hell... All amazing!

I forgot about Communism and Cold War Dawn... I don't know why but current version of OFP haven't these tracks... Anyway, its added.

And I also forgot about Take on Noisecontrollers... Noisecontrollers' tracks are also added.

I really like "through the jungle" from Apex.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, polpox said:

I forgot about Communism and Cold War Dawn... I don't know why but current version of OFP haven't these tracks... Anyway, its added.

And I also forgot about Take on Noisecontrollers... Noisecontrollers' tracks are also added.

Thanks!

Oh, and by the way, great thread!

The soundtrack for OFP is one of my favorite soundtracks for any game, besides Final Fantasy VII and Deus Ex. Nice to get a chance to let the old music shine a bit =)

Seriously people?? What is wrong with you all?

ArmA 2 OA E4 Arrival is just epic???????

And only gains 3.7% (at the time of posting)

That moment when you've cruised with the build up, all the way to when the drum section comes alive at 2:29....

• Like 1