Incontinentia

[Release] Incon Undercover: A comprehensive undercover / incognito simulation

Wow another awesome script I've missed, it's great taking time off Arma and coming back to discover all the awesome mods and scripts, I love your air power script, I think I bombed half of Altis with that one, like a kid with fireworks... tons of fun, now look forward to trying this out, probably combined with Airpower, good times :)

• Like 1

There's isn't any PvP support unfortunately, so no flagging. There's quite a few reasons why you might not be incognito so the debug should explain what it is that has kept you from being incognito. Whenever it's happened to me it's usually just something innocuous like leaving night vision goggles on or wearing the wrong backpack, or even accidentally setting up the sides wrong. It's a fairly complex script so it's definitely a good idea to pay close attention to the setup of your scenario. 

On 13/10/2017 at 1:18 PM, katipo66 said:

Wow another awesome script I've missed, it's great taking time off Arma and coming back to discover all the awesome mods and scripts, I love your air power script, I think I bombed half of Altis with that one, like a kid with fireworks... tons of fun, now look forward to trying this out, probably combined with Airpower, good times :)

Thanks, really good to hear that you enjoy it!

On 11/4/2017 at 10:02 AM, Incontinentia said:

There's isn't any PvP support unfortunately, so no flagging. There's quite a few reasons why you might not be incognito so the debug should explain what it is that has kept you from being incognito. Whenever it's happened to me it's usually just something innocuous like leaving night vision goggles on or wearing the wrong backpack, or even accidentally setting up the sides wrong. It's a fairly complex script so it's definitely a good idea to pay close attention to the setup of your scenario. 

Ok thanks for the info on the PvP.

One question I have though is I don't ever see the script try to recheck for incognito after it tries once in debug. Is there a way to set it to constantly broadcast when it rechecks or not?

It is constantly rechecking. The cycle takes a second or two max, so feedback should be fairly instantaneous. 

I just stumbled onto this and am super excited to try it out!! Do I need to run a separate mod that to make equipping other side's uniforms possible, though?

Actually, I should also ask... do you use a certain weapon holster mod along side this?

I was running Enhanced Movement, but it started bugging out my action menu, so I removed it. There's a mod simply called "Weapon Holster" I was going to try...

Edited by doubledizz
added another question

On 26/12/2017 at 1:28 PM, doubledizz said:

I just stumbled onto this and am super excited to try it out!! Do I need to run a separate mod that to make equipping other side's uniforms possible, though?

No you're good, this handles that. For weapons holstering, I used ACE. Hope you like it!

Just a heads up to anyone using this. The latest (v1.1 Release Candidate) build on Github gives the ability to check your disguise after closing your inventory (by using the action menu). An easy mode will tell you if you have been compromised too. This should make it much easier to test whether you blend in properly before any adventures and possibly also debug any unexpected behaviour. 

I've also toned a couple of values (namely having your weapon raised, which will still incur a slight suspicion penalty but not much). 

As always, please let me know any issues or unexpected behaviour and if you have any recommendations for making it better. It's a complex script and the mechanics aren't always going to be obvious but I've done my best to test it as much as I can and so far it has worked exactly as it should. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hi,

First off, thank you for continuing development of this very interest addition to Arma, gj.

I want to ask you if this has been tested to work with KP Liberation at all? With it being a complex mission and a very popular one at that, I was just wondering if you had any knowledge of successful or failed attempts?

Cheers

Absolutely no idea mate. You would have to set it up in the mission file and go from there. If Liberation already has an undercover mode it would be incompatible but otherwise it might well work. If it does, let me know! 

20 hours ago, Incontinentia said:

Absolutely no idea mate. You would have to set it up in the mission file and go from there. If Liberation already has an undercover mode it would be incompatible but otherwise it might well work. If it does, let me know! 

KP Liberation does not have an undercover situation going on but there is a civilian reputation sytem. Would it be possible to get a little help getting the basics in and I will refine and test for you? I dont mind putting in the work I just need a leg up getting started, if you are interested?

Hello, just a quick update. I can confirm that we now have undercover functionality on KP Liberation. I will tweak this evening and refine it. Once stable I will write up a brief on what we did and hopefully it will help others out. Walking into a group of enemies was incredibly fun, again well done on such a great script!

• Like 4

Hello again,

Right, we seem to be making progress but after a couple of days we have hit a wall that Im hoping you can help with.

The mission (KP Liberation) has a series of markers. These markers spawn the AI (Opfor/EAST). Unfortunately to 'trigger' these markers to spawn the enemy, a Blufor/WEST has to be within 1000m range (ofcourse this is to prevent several hundred AI being active at one time).

Given your script seems to change your Blufor/WEST status to Captive Civ, THIS status does not 'trigger/spawn' the AI at all. Im wondering how you would tackle this? 

This wouldnt apply just to KP Liberation, but any mission that uses markers to spawn enemy Opfor AI.

Wondering your thoughts on this?

Cheers.

10 minutes ago, tonyshark said:

Given your script seems to change your Blufor/WEST status to Captive Civ, THIS status does not 'trigger/spawn' the AI at all. Im wondering how you would tackle this? 

could you change the mission triggers to be activated by 'anybody' and then check for player presence (or presence of a defined array of units) in condition field? this way zones would still spawn regardless of player side

The mission has roaming Civ AI so I would have to be careful as they would potentially trigger the AI causing all sorts of issues.

ATM Im trying to locate the files/scripts which trigger the AI but I'll be honest im struggling as its a complex mission. In the editor they are simply 'empty markers' called 'opfor_point_(then a number)'  I cant see any reason why what you are suggesting would not work. I'll let you know if I find the right files and manage to solve this :)

Thanks for the help

4 minutes ago, tonyshark said:

The mission has roaming Civ AI so I would have to be careful as they would potentially trigger the AI causing all sorts of issues.

yeah thats why you'd need a pretty bomb proof player presence condition check otherwise they would be firing triggers everywhere! good luck though, Liberation is a huge complex beast of a mission but would be very cool with this undercover script as well.

I totally agree. this mission is already very good but undercover, being able to set up charges/tripwires or even just recon an area on foot would be awesome. Believe me, I will not give up on this!

• Like 1

Maybe as lordfrith says, check for anybody and within that, trigger only on playable units. Would that work? 

On 10/03/2018 at 2:37 PM, tonyshark said:

I totally agree. this mission is already very good but undercover, being able to set up charges/tripwires or even just recon an area on foot would be awesome. Believe me, I will not give up on this!

By the way, in theory if an enemy sees you setting up mines or tripwires (or just generally hanging around them) it will probably raise suspicions and could get you compromised. 

• Like 1

Got another RC out if anyone fancies a test:

v1.11RC

Speedy changelog: 

• Fixed some bugs relating to profiling insurgent cells with vehicles. 
  • Also fixed weapons losing items when unconcealing a rifle and pistol at the same time. Only took 4 hours. 
  • Made hints a bit more reflective of the actual checks going on behind the scenes. 
  • Replaced most hints (except debug ones) with a "disguise check" after inventory has been closed, which will indicate how suspicious a unit is. 
  • Put an easy mode in for people who would like to know what their status is (compromised, in disguise etc). 
  • Minor overhaul to the compromised loop; disguises should be much more functional now. This means any disguises worn during the cooldown and before your identity has been shared will only be remembered if they have actually been seen for some time by the enemy. No longer will the enemy magically know what you're wearing when they get the word out. Also killed a few bugs relating to changing disguises when in view / out of view of enemy. 
  • Further revisions to the way disguises are handled. Proximity in both temporal and positional senses now counts; if you remain in the compromised area wearing a new disguise, enemies will be on the lookout and are more likely to blow your cover. If you move far away or wait for a long time, this will drop off substantially. On the other hand, disguises are more likely to stick and not be blown on a whim. 
  • Units who aren't dressed as civilians or enemies will no longer have a disguise penalty applied when they get compromised and their details are shared. So if you engage enemies dressed in your normal uniform, they will not be any more suspicious of you if you later change to a civilian uniform. However, if you engage while dressed as a civilian and your cover is blown, enemies will be more cautious of undercover units even after their disguise has changed. This incentives bringing your own uniforms if you know you're in for a scrap (then stash some civvies nearby to change into afterwards). 
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Testing...and it's AWESOME. Any way to turn off recruit?

Thank you man!

• Like 1

Haha well thanks man, the next update should be hopefully even better (turns out there's quite a few bugs in this last one that needed ironing out but I've got all the ones I've seen so far). Hopefully it will now work as intended in almost all scenarios so the next dev cycle will bring some additional features like high-security areas that require specific uniforms. 

You can turn recruitment off by changing _civRecruitEnabled to false in the setup.sqf file. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Incontinentia said:

the next dev cycle will bring some additional features like high-security areas that require specific uniforms. 

NOW....that's the shait..right there brotha!!!:rthumb:

24 minutes ago, Incontinentia said:

You can turn recruitment off by changing _civRecruitEnabled to false in the setup.sqf file.

Thanks man!

No I didn't, not too familiar with that to be honest. Although ASR is excellent so I'm sure it's also really well done.