Incontinentia

[Release] Incon Undercover: A comprehensive undercover / incognito simulation

Really? One of my test missions is on Zargabad so it should work... that being said, I don't remember if I checked for that specifically on Zargabad so you may well be right. I can't verify this for a few weeks but if that is the case, thanks for the heads up. 

Oh believe me I'm very good at being wrong. 

But that seems to be the only thing I could pin point. I could not drive into Zargabad until I switched that off. Same car, same clothing etc.

Still a great script though. 

Hellow, thanks for nice script. I tested it a little and found somekind of bug. I spawned enemy via Zeus, I was detected by them and was killed. After respawn I deleted enemies whitch detected me but I still detected and new enemise kill me even if I have a new car/uniform etc. Sorry for my bad english.

Hey man,

sorry to bother you, but I have a question regarding your excellent incognito script.

It is possible to get the incognito status tied to a specific uniform?

I'm WIP on a mini campaign, where in one of the chapter, you have to infiltrate ,a la Metal Gear, an enemy base...now getting the incognito status by stealing the guard uniform is easy enough, but what I really want to achieve is that to be able to access a certain part of the base you have to get a scientist outfit...

Is that doable?

Thank you man!!!

@Incontinentia We are having some great experiences with the script but we are having some issues. Will post it on the github and see what you think.We are having players who are getting stuck in incognito without the players coming out of incognito even though they are in the middle of the enemy and shooting at the enemy actively.

Sorry dudes, I've been out of the loop for a few weeks. @Nichols I'll take a look at the github, cheers for reporting it! @zagor64bz, I'm already hoping to do something like that in the next version as it got requested a while back. Just haven't had the time as I'm not really around Arma much these days. But if that changes it'll be the next feature on the list (although any bugs will take priority obviously). 

• Like 1

Hi Incontinentia,

I was trying to build a mission with your script set in WW2 era.  The setup is IFA3 Germans (BLUFOR) as enemy and IFA3 Resistance (INDFOR) as the undercover faction. I have ofc commented out the assymetric side, but that gives all kinds of error messages once I go into Editor preview play. 

In the settings I have added the regular A3 civs and the mod factions as civ sides, and if unarmed I get the hint message saying I'm no longer acting suspicious.  But if I come closer than 100 m to a german group, they open fire! No matter if I'm riding a motorcycle, a bike or approach on foot.  I tried dressing my player with BIS civ gear only, but still the same.  Maybe the IFA3 Germans are not recognized correctly as BLUFOR? Please have a look at my UCR_setup.sqf and tell me if this is correctly set up for a two-way war of regular BLUFOR troops against undercover INDFOR operatives:

COMING IN NEXT POST - SOME STUPID LINES LIMIT DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO POST THE SPOILER-HIDDEN TEXT...

Hope you can give me some tips for better settings OR you can tell me straight away that there is a known incompatibility with IFA3 units. 

Best regards & keep working on this very cool script!

tourist

Here my UCR_setup.sqf:

Spoiler

/*

Setup options for INC_undercover undercover / civilian recruitment script by Incontinentia.

Please check each setting carefully otherwise the script may not function properly in your scenario. All classnames must have quotation marks ("Item_Random_F")

*/

//-------------------------Player settings-------------------------

_undercoverUnitSide = independent;             //What side is/are the undercover unit(s) on? (Can be east, west or independent - only one side supported)

//-------------------------General Settings-------------------------

_debug = false;                         //Set to true for debug hints
_hints = true;                          //Hints show changes of state etc
_fullAIfunctionality = true;            //Enable all checks on AI (may degrade performace very slightly for large groups, 15+)

_racism = true;                         //Enemies will notice if you aren't the race of the faction you're pretending to be (making you easier to detect if nothing is covering your face)
_racProfFacCiv = 1;                     //(Number) Multiplies the effect of racial profiling. Lower this number to simulate more multicultural civilian population
_racProfFacEny = 1;                     //(Number) Multiplies the effect of racial profiling. Lower this number to simulate more multicultural enemy forces

_regEnySide = west;                     //Units of this side will be classed as regular enemies (Side: can be east, west, independent) - if you don't need this, comment the line out (i.e. put // before _regEnySide, as in //_regEnySide = east;).
_regBarbaric = true;                   //(Bool - true or false) Will this side lash out on civilians if it takes casualties and doesn't know the attacker?
_regDetectRadius = 15;                  //Default detection radius for regular troops (this will expand and contract based on weather, time of day, and how the undercover unit is acting - civilians within this radius will be under much more scrutinty)

//_asymEnySide = independent;             //Units of this side will be classed as asymetric enemies (Side: can be east, west, independent) - if you don't need this, comment the line out (i.e. put // before _asymEnySide, as in //_asymEnySide = east;).
//_asymBarbaric = true;                   //(Bool - true or false) Will this side have a small chance of lashing out on civilians if it takes casualties and doesn't know the attacker?
//_asymDetectRadius = 20;                 //Default detection radius for asym troops (this will expand and contract based on weather, time of day, and how the undercover unit is acting - civilians within this radius will be under much more scrutinty)

_trespassMarkers = [];                  //Names of additional markers for areas that would be considered trespassing (any with "INC_tre" - case sensitive - somewhere in the marker name will automatically be included)

//-------------------------Civilian Disguise settings-------------------------

_civFactions = ["CIV_F","CIV_F_TANOA","ww2_civs_france","rds_rus_civ","LIB_CIV"]; //Array of factions whose vests are safe for undercover units to wear

//(Array of classnames) Safe vests (on top of the specific factions above - useful if faction has randomisation script or to add items that are not used by the faction)
_civilianVests = [];

//(Array of classnames) Safe uniforms (on top of the specific factions above - useful if faction has randomisation script or to add items that are not used by the faction)
_civilianUniforms = ["U_BG_Guerilla2_2","U_BG_Guerilla2_1","U_BG_Guerilla2_3","U_I_C_Soldier_Bandit_4_F","U_I_C_Soldier_Bandit_1_F","U_I_C_Soldier_Bandit_2_F","U_I_C_Soldier_Bandit_5_F","U_I_C_Soldier_Bandit_3_F"];

//(Array of classnames) Safe headgear (will automatically include civilian headgear classes - useful if faction has randomisation script or to add items that are not used by the faction)
_civilianHeadgear = [];

//(Array of classnames) Safe backpacks (will automatically include civilian backpack classes - useful if faction has randomisation script or to add items that are not used by the faction)
_civilianBackpacks = ["B_FieldPack_blk","B_FieldPack_cbr","B_FieldPack_khk","B_FieldPack_oucamo","G_FieldPack_Medic","B_Carryall_cbr","B_Carryall_khk","B_Carryall_oucamo","B_TacticalPack_blk","B_TacticalPack_rgr","B_TacticalPack_oli","B_Kitbag_cbr","B_Kitbag_rgr","B_Kitbag_sgg","B_Respawn_Sleeping_bag_blue_F","B_Respawn_Sleeping_bag_brown_F","B_Respawn_TentDome_F","B_Respawn_TentA_F","B_Parachute","ACE_NonSteerableParachute","ACE_TacticalLadder_Pack"];

//(Array of classnames) Safe vehicles to drive in (automatically includes vehicles from the civilian factions above).
_civilianVehicleArray = [];

_HMDallowed = false; //(Bool - true or false) Are HMDs (night vision goggles etc.) safe to wear for units pretending to be civilians? Set to false if wearing HMDs will cause suspicion (must be stored in backpack).

_noOffRoad = true; //Civilian vehicles driving more than 50 meters from the nearest road will be considered hostile

//-------------------------Enemy Disguise settings-------------------------
_incogFactions = ["LIB_WEHRMACHT","LEN_SS","LEN_SS_Camo","GEISTWaffenSS"]; //Array of enemy factions whose items and vehicles will allow the player to impersonate the enemy

//(Array of classnames) Safe vests (on top of the specific factions above - useful if faction has randomisation script or to add items that are not used by the faction)
_incognitoVests = [];

//(Array of classnames) Safe uniforms (on top of the specific factions above - useful if faction has randomisation script or to add items that are not used by the faction)
_incognitoUniforms = [];

//(Array of classnames) Safe headgear (will automatically include incog headgear classes - useful if faction has randomisation script or to add items that are not used by the faction)
_incognitoHeadgear = [];

//(Array of classnames) Safe backpacks (will automatically include incog backpack classes - useful if faction has randomisation script or to add items that are not used by the faction)
_incognitoBackpacks = [];

_incogVehArray = []; //(Array of classnames) Additional incognito vehicles (vehicles from the faction above will automatically count)

//-------------------------Civilian recruitment settings-------------------------
/*
By enabling civilian recruitment, undercover can recruit any ambient civilians they see into their group (if their reputation allows / the civvy wants to join).
Civilians will operate under similar restrictions to the player.
You can also dismiss your new teammates and they will leave your group and carry on doing whatever it is they fancy doing (usually sitting cross-legged in the middle of a field).
*/

_civRecruitEnabled = true;          //(Bool - true or false) Set this to false to prevent undercover units from recruiting civilians
_armedCivPercentage = 50;           //(Number - 0 to 100) Max percentage of civilians armed with weapons from the array below, either on their person or in their backpacks (will only work if _civRecruitEnabled is set to true, otherwise this is ignored)

//Weapon classnames for armed civilians (array of classnames)
_civWpnArray = ["Nagant M1895","Mosin-Nagant M9130"];

//Items that civilians may carry
_civItemArray = ["ACE_Cellphone","ACE_Banana","ACE_Flashlight_KSF1","ACE_SpraypaintBlack","itemRadio","ACE_RangeCard","ACE_key_civ","ACE_key_lockpick","ACE_fieldDressing","IEDUrbanSmall_F","IEDUrbanSmall_F"];

//Civilian backpack classes (array of classnames)
_civPackArray = ["B_FieldPack_blk","B_FieldPack_cbr","B_FieldPack_khk","B_FieldPack_oucamo","B_Carryall_cbr"];

Hi tourist, it does sound like there's something weird going on with your setup. Also bear in mind that you can be compromised and remembered by enemy forces without the hints changing, so they will see you as a threat even though the hints tell you your disguise is intact. I'm hoping to change this with a UI disguise setting later on but I'm not really Arma'ing much at all right now. Is this the only faction you've tried? I'd suggest making sure vanilla works first if so. If not, all I can suggest is to keep playing and maybe have a go with debug mode on and tell me what you see. 

On 10.4.2017 at 6:55 PM, Incontinentia said:

Hi tourist, it does sound like there's something weird going on with your setup. Also bear in mind that you can be compromised and remembered by enemy forces without the hints changing, so they will see you as a threat even though the hints tell you your disguise is intact. I'm hoping to change this with a UI disguise setting later on but I'm not really Arma'ing much at all right now. Is this the only faction you've tried? I'd suggest making sure vanilla works first if so. If not, all I can suggest is to keep playing and maybe have a go with debug mode on and tell me what you see. 

Hey man, hows the dev so far? i can tell u still havent update it yet, also i really like ur work on this script truley impressive but im running into struglle where im diguise as an enemy and standing near him ( not really close ) yet if im not moving he kinda shot me, + the detect is really way to much of "sensitive" i guess, hope to hear from ya

Hi shoxerr, it really depends how much you look like the enemy as to how sensitive it is. If you are dressed in the same stuff, carry the same weapons and equipment and are walking with your weapon down and not pointing at the enemy and either have the same ethnicity or have covered your face then it's nearly impossible for them to tell you aren't who you're pretending to be. Have a read through the readme if you haven't already as there are ways to make it more or less sensitive depending on your preferences. I'm not really able to do any development for the foreseeable future unfortunately but all the stuff you need to tone it down should be there already. Any specific questions feel free to ask away!

Oh, BTW you are right, Incontinentia:  the remembering and subsequent map-wide info sharing due to the enemy being regular army forces of a compromised unit was my main problem.  I had the players start at a remote location with weapons.  Apparently this set us as compromised even though there was no soldier to see it, just civilians.  Once I made the players unarmed at start, it was possible to go near a patrol or roadblock.  The soldiers would then order us to leave, and not shoot if we complied.  After "going loud" however, there was no way back... We always were known as outlaws/rebels, but maybe that was due to lack of face cover in first skirmish.  At least one enemy made an escape, and that was that; he surely reported everything and we were then wanted across the map.  Cool gameplay nevertheless!  

I'll have to test more with the different racism settings and clothing combinations, but for now I found out that even if I specify a military ruck of the enemy as "being incognito" they still seem to wonder out of which of their comrade's "cold dead hands" I have taken the backpack - I never achieve complete incognito status if I have one of these backpacks on me. 

• Like 1

@zagor64bzyou could try adding a trigger that doesn't let anyone in without a scientist uniform on. Or place a door with a addaction to open only if you are wearing the scientist uniform. 

• Like 1

I'm having a issue where it says you go incognito but you don't. It was working on fata fine however current mission is on reshmaan. Same setup as fata only difference being I set up a very remote base with no enemy or civilians nearby. Looks like some are having the same issues just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this. 

On 30/5/2017 at 10:50 AM, Chris Smith said:

Or place a door with a addaction to open only if you are wearing the scientist uniform. 

SWEET!!!!!

thank you man...but how?

10 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

SWEET!!!!!

thank you man...but how?

You need to add a item check in the addaction to check to see if the user has said item on person before addaction appears. 

I can remember how I did it but I did write it down. When I'm on my computer I'll post it here or just google it. 

Arma 3 addaction item condition. 

Or something like that. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2017 at 3:21 PM, SGT Sierra said:

I'm having a issue where it says you go incognito but you don't. It was working on fata fine however current mission is on reshmaan. Same setup as fata only difference being I set up a very remote base with no enemy or civilians nearby. Looks like some are having the same issues just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this. 

The hints are mainly an indicator of whether you are doing anything that gives you away, rather than whether your cover is intact (it needs some work and is earmarked for the next update whenever I get the time). If in doubt, use debug and see what it says. This will give you a real indication if your cover is blown or not. As far as I know, there haven't been many instances of the script not working as intended in this regard. The only exception being a couple of reported cases where the game engine changed a unit's side to civilian and therefore stopped all enemies acting hostile towards it even when the unit wasn't in disguise. The guys who reported it weren't able to repro it however, so no idea if it was my script or not. 

Alright I will check the debug out and see when I get a chance. Appreciate the reply back. Definitely a awesome script. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, thinking to integrate it in a massive scenario designed to become a persistent mission on dedicated server. I wanted to ask some questions about it :

- On our mission, there is absolutely no AI placed in the editor, every ennemy forces are spawned each time a new objective is set, only with scripted functions. How does the script handles dynamically spawned units ?

- Our mission in designed as a Join-In-Progress scenario. A player can be able to join the server at any moment and see the same objectives, objects, interactions, etc than any other player who was here for the mission start. Does the script deals with this JIP stuff ?

- Integrating this script in the scenario will be done with the hope to offer a new way to deal with missions : infiltration. But it is not meant to become our main gamestyle. It means that we don't want the AI to become totally stupid and simply look at us when entering a fully occupied city with 3 tanks and a CAS. Is the AI still combative even when not playing the undercover card ?

- Our server is fully modded, we use very few vanilla assets. It implies modded clothes, modded weapons, modded vehicles, both for us and our ennemies. Is the script able to handle that ?

I'm currently testing it but some of the points I've asked above may be a bit hard to test correctly in a decent amount of time, so any answer about theses 4 points would be appreciated :)

Thanks !

Read the wiki in github, I think that clothes and AI combative are answered there, sorry for not answer you in detail, im not english speaker and I can lose you more.

On 30/07/2017 at 11:26 AM, Cheitan said:

Hey guys, thinking to integrate it in a massive scenario designed to become a persistent mission on dedicated server. I wanted to ask some questions about it :

- On our mission, there is absolutely no AI placed in the editor, every ennemy forces are spawned each time a new objective is set, only with scripted functions. How does the script handles dynamically spawned units ?

- Our mission in designed as a Join-In-Progress scenario. A player can be able to join the server at any moment and see the same objectives, objects, interactions, etc than any other player who was here for the mission start. Does the script deals with this JIP stuff ?

- Integrating this script in the scenario will be done with the hope to offer a new way to deal with missions : infiltration. But it is not meant to become our main gamestyle. It means that we don't want the AI to become totally stupid and simply look at us when entering a fully occupied city with 3 tanks and a CAS. Is the AI still combative even when not playing the undercover card ?

- Our server is fully modded, we use very few vanilla assets. It implies modded clothes, modded weapons, modded vehicles, both for us and our ennemies. Is the script able to handle that ?

I'm currently testing it but some of the points I've asked above may be a bit hard to test correctly in a decent amount of time, so any answer about theses 4 points would be appreciated :)

Thanks !

Yep, spawned enemies aren't an issue! Same with JIP. Enemies are just as combative when not undercover. Also, they can be pretty combative if your disguise is poor. Depends on the mods, but most should work fine (see readme but ACE and RHS have been tested to be compatible, but most will work perfectly anyway - those that don't will have minor issues that will probably not change gameplay noticeably). 

Your scenario is pretty much exactly what I built the script for. Let me know how you get on!

Thanks for your answer ! The integration of your work is not planned for the actual version but all this will be tested in the next one, in a week or two, maybe before. I'll post a feedback when we will have tested it enough to decide wether or not to keep it in the scenario ! We are particularly interested in performances (that's one of the reasons I chose to test your script and not an other one) so this will be taken in account in my feedback :)

One precise point though : I see your work is released under GNU GPL. I had never really understood the whole license, and I don't want to do anything wrong : we are trying to ban the old mousewheel menu of A3 vanilla. I saw that your script contains some vanilla addactions. If we disable these addactions, will it be OK with this license's version ?

• Like 1

Yes of course. The license pretty much prevents people selling it and nothing more; tweak, re-hash, do whatever you want. Anything I release, I'm happy for people to play with and tweak to their heart's content. My goal in modding is just to make Arma more fun. 

• Like 3

So I have the debug on and at the start of my mission tests in a local mission host the debug reads out that I am not incog and exactly why; however it never seems to update afterwards, leaving me sitting there forever flagged even when I've changed clothing. Any idea what could be causing this?

Also, I'm thinking of using your script in a pvp scenario where one side is playing as NATO and the other is playing insurgents with the ability to go incognito. Can players flag other people when they see them like the AI do? Does the script treat the player NATO forces as detectors like it does the AI?