Sign in to follow this  
f3n1xesp

Updated Eden guide?

Hi everyone.

I've spend my good hours on every Arma game and have even made a few very simple (scriptless) missions in Arma 1 and 2, but didn't touch the editor in 3 until now. I've tried to make a very simple zeus coop mission for a LAN game with some of my friends and found out that the editor is not so noob friendly. I ended up creating the mission, but wasn't able to add simple things such as tasks or a briefing or even configure a working respawn point, all of my buddies kept respawning right where they died and with the default loadout instead of the one they had picked up in the Arsenal. Anyway, I did a lot of googling and found out LOADS of editor guides, but every single one seemed to be very outdated (almost all of them from when Arma was in Alpha, and some when the Eden editor was still in development branch). I've got lots of small questions about the editor and simple scripting, but instead of boring all of you with them (even though I'll ask a few from time to time, obviously) I'd rather ask if any of you has a link to a relatively updated noob friendly Eden guide.

And that's all for now, thanks!

I've never found one thing to be "noob friendly" in the editor.

Most things are so cryptic, at least to folks like myself who are uneducated in coding (I'm an old fart...calculators weren't even allowed in the math classes I took and computers were just plain sci-fi), that the only way to learn something new, is to peruse the video tutorials and take craploads of notes.

But, of course, those tuts too, are promptly out of date as soon as the latest patch comes along, so they may not be of much help either.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a real guide and there probably never will be (but I really hope that something does show up...just to prove me wrong).

I see that your post is a bit older than a year, but if you still need some help; I can help (a bit) with some simple things like the respawn deal and/or task assignment, but, like I said...I'm not very well versed in the more arcane bits like respawn loadouts, etc..