navydoctom

What addons in custom missions

I am certain this been asked before but - how do I find out what addons I used in a custom mission Arma 3? 

Thanks

Your question seems simple enough, so for an easy answer:
Just look at your Launcher.
After you click the addons needed for a custom mission, Arma will load up the addons go to the next page.

On that last page, before you click CAMPAIGN or SCENARIOS, you'll get a list of your addons at the very bottom.

Hope that helps.

Hello, I come to you because no other answer
Here is my problem :, it is already three day that I researched in order to be able to modify the mission "BMR_Insurgency.1.44.Altis.pbo". No tutorial exists to explain its, "PBO Manager" (for compiled / recompiled) Bug of the mission
I would like to modify the vehicles present on the map to change them with the vehicles of the mod JackFrench.
I do not know what to do.
I remind you it is for mission Arma 3 "BMR Insurgency 1.44 Altis which is in PBO decompilable purpose
Thank you in advance for any help made !!!
PS: possibility of this contact on voice server (Discord / Teamspeak) (I don't speak english (thank google traduction) only french or if you speak little french )

If you want to see what addons a mission relies on, you can load the mission.sqm into a text editor and refer to the addons[] section (approximately line 30). This won't display all of the addons but it may give you a rough guide.

• Like 1

Surely can't you keep track of the addons you use as you are placing them in the editor... :don15:

On 14/02/2017 at 6:25 AM, navydoctom said:

how do I find out what addons I used in a custom mission Arma 3? 

In what way?

As in your mission works but you need to know what you have used so as to tell people what mods they need?

Eden > Scenario > Show Required Addons

OR

If its because you have cleaned your mods out and have a mission that will not load, then Eden should show the classes that are missing when you try to load the mission, which should give you an idea via their name of what mod it came from.

OR

As @MrCopyright says look in your mission.sqm.

If your mission.sqm is binarised ( e.g wont open in a text editor as readable ) then you will need to use the Arma tools ( CfgConvert ) to debinarise it ( See the CfgConvert folder, there is a batch file you can drop your mission on to deBinarise it ). Then look for the section named class AddonsMetaData or addons for CfgPatches classes.

Larrow - thank you; I always have a bunch addons loading, and to be honest - some of them are put into the Nato folder and I can never remember who made them.

This is perfect.