Sign in to follow this  
Konyak-2

Proposed model bank

It seems that most people are willing to share some of their work so that we are not all making the same model. Many of us will probably still want to make our favorite vehicle even if it has been made, and might want to put it up for trade as well. That is fine, and may the best model win. However, if we are to be able to have a handy place to see what is available, I made a topic called the Model Bank. I would like to know if people think this forum can act as a place all of us can find who is doing what (the board name implies as much), and if so, the model bank could be made a sticky topic.

To make it work, we'd need to stick to a few simple rules:

1. No discussion goes on in the Model Bank.

2. Only one post per person in there as well, and that post get´s edited to update it.

3. Post title is the name of the Mod that made the model, or if it is an individual, his name.

4. Make posts tidy, and include one direct link to screenshot, and the rest can be links to screenshots.

5. Include basic info: File size, polycount at LOD´s and so on.

These rules are just the ones that I feel need to be there, but please feel free to add or change any of them, just so long as we all feel they would work.

This thread might do well to be sticky as well, to make sure people don't post all over the bank itself.

What do you all think? Can this be done?

Konyak

yes i agree we need those rules!

because without that rulez we will make 3 versions of the UZI or something lol

for the models of DKM look at the siteDKM site

greetZzz

I already made a post in another thread - beside the rules above (with which I totaly agree) we could also share between each other our "WORK IN PROGRESS" models and addons, so that other modMakers can get an idea what you're making ,how you do this or that, we can hunt BUGs,...

To make it short - LET'S COOPERATE! We who are gathered here are the best OFP comunity can offer so I say we should join our knowledge and make some great MODs and single addon!!

If there wasnt for the great a-lone-wolf who lost a lot of nights explaining me the MLOD format and later my work, we would still use the plain old M16 and sit there unable to do anything about it....

Comments?

FlipeR

I totally agree with Fliper and the rest of you guys biggrin.gif

We have no other choice then cooperate with each other biggrin.gif

Yeah, I saw your posts and decided that if this should work, it needs to take shape immidately. As I said, the bank would list models that are available, as well as models being made, with a teaser shot of the work in progress. You mentioned giving credit to the people who made the model originally, and that is of course important.

For instance in the bank, if a modleader posts models made and their basic info, he'd have to state the modelers name and any other credit that should be given, such as texture, code and sound.

Sounds to me that we are ready to go ahead with this, our only problem is this board doesn't have a moderator to make the bank sticky.

Konyak

I agree all the way whit you (now all I need is my O2 to work sad.gif )

I agree....I also offer the resources of the Ed Center should we need them....ie. dedicated FTP server for hosting files, websites, forum threads...anything. Just say the word.

YEah, I agree with Tigershark that we need a seperate resource to handle that! A kind of website only we "choosen people" can access! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ April 25 2002,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a great idea. You scratch my back, and i'll scratch yours.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just turn arround Pins tounge.gif

Kidding wink.gif

We definitely need a moderator in this Forum section!!! Maruk & Suma - can you two take actions to resolve this issue?

Tiger: we could use the OFPEC server, and make separate pages for each TEAM (and not for single users)! Teams could post screenshots of their work and links to their models/addons BETA files. Anything else?

FlipeR

Yeah, I think this forum cannot handle the needs of our "bank".. It´s fine to discuss our projects here, but I think we need features that only a dedicated page can deliver. So Tigersharks offer is very generous and I think we should take him up on it. After all, it is the addon depot. VipersHeart suggested, it should be for Breathers only, and I agree that this needs to be in place for the models that are part of Mods, but many Breathers will be releasing stuff that isn't part of a mod, and that is available to everyone anyway. I still think those models should be part of the "bank", because I think it needs to be the finite source for all models from all mods that we can trust is the one and only place we need.

Question is, if Tigershark is willing to host it, who will creat it? (everyone is busy with oxygen to want to do any html smile.gif )

Konyak

Konyak

ROFLMAO!!!!

WHY CANT YOU ACCEPT ME FOR WHO I AM! I cooked for you, i cleaned for you. But still no respect. Well, you can take your damn pride and shove it. I'm a real women, with real needs. I can't take this anymore. You're on your own. Im leaving to be an independent woman and be a role model for little girls all over the world!

*takes a bow and submits his own Oscar nomination*

hehehehe......sorry, i hit my head on the stove and fell on my dog....err cat....no....its a dog......

First of all =) The Modelbank is a great idea! I was wondering how many models of a UZI we would be seeing tounge.gif

And if my future (possible) daughter ever brings home a boyfriend like Pins, i'm going to greet him doing weapons mainentance by the kitchen table with a shovel standing nearby. Mayebe a ghillie suit draped over the back of a chair.

Wonder if she'll be home in time smile.gifbiggrin.gif

Have fun,

HuBBa

Team [FILO]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HuBBa @ April 29 2002,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First of all =) The Modelbank is a great idea! I was wondering how many models of a UZI we would be seeing tounge.gif

And if my future (possible) daughter ever brings home a boyfriend like Pins, i'm going to greet him doing weapons mainentance by the kitchen table with a shovel standing nearby. Mayebe a ghillie suit draped over the back of a chair.

Wonder if she'll be home in time smile.gif  biggrin.gif

Have fun,

HuBBa

Team [FILO]<span id='postcolor'>

sounds like my home ...

I got uniforms from many contrys allover my place, for texturing + some replica guns

biggrin.gif

Sounds great to me. With the combined talent on this forum, there should be nothing stopping us from making some d**ned fine addons. Good on you guys.

Cheers 8)

I can be a moderator in this forum, but u all probably be banned within the first week tounge.gif

Nah..... just kiddin', I am a moderator on the Flashpoint.ru forums so i know what to do

I´m in for this idea, it sounds great.

Just one think, let me see If i got this right. We are supposed to share our models, finnished or not finnished if we want to. Anyone who have access to the page or this forum will be able to download the model and use it in his/hers addon?

If that is how it is there are a certain risk that someone may "steal" someone elses addon. Not cause its better than borrow it but some people just are that way that they put their name on it and not yours. We need to make something up to protect ourselves to people like this cause atleast I am usually proud of the models I create and want credits for that model.

It also seems a great Idea that we can share our unfinnished models and let people help with them, if there is a problem smile.gif

I support this "thing" fully and want to help anyway I can.

Well, if the models are published on our ModMaker's model bank website all modmakers see who published the model there first. Now if somebody releases someones else model with his name we (the other modmaker who saw that the initial release came from somebody else) can tell that to the community. So the one stealing the models would soon be called a thief by the community..

No-one here is going to steal any addons, If it was open to the whole community this might've happened, but with only 63 of us here, everyone knows everyone, so no worries about stealing biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ May 06 2002,08:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No-one here is going to steal any addons, If it was open to the whole community this might've happened, but with only 63 of us here, everyone knows everyone, so no worries about stealing  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well sayed!

some other thing... all of theise models that we are gonna share where do we put them?

Well that's the other thing we haven't figured out yet, I reckon i can give you FTP with enough space to put all the addons, but we have to discuss it a bit more