I just released version 0.7.5 of the plugin which ships with the new parser I have written from scratch. This brings enormous speed and stability improvements to the parsing and processing of SQF scripts.

Changelog

| Added: Option to chose whether imported projects get copied into workspace
| Added: New parser (by far faster and more robust than the old one)
| Rewrote: Type checking
| Improved: There shouldn't be any error-windows popping up during coding anymore
| Improved: Syntax tree viewer overhauled
| Fixed: Broken Keyword-update-functionality

If you are having any trouble with this release come and pay me a visit on the official SQDev-Discord.

The new version can be directly downloaded from GitHub.

Furthermore the manual has been updated to cover the recent changes and to include the new super-trendy logo.

• Thanks 1

Hi

Had problems with eclipse, now eclipse works again. Installed the new SQDev Version, got a lot of errors still. While updating the keywords I got a "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Connection timed out" error. Updating went on but eclipse still shows me a lot of errors after it. Don't know if I wanna try on, syntax highlighting for Notepad++ is fine for me, I guess.

Errors are only of 4 types:

Invalid closing character "]"     ( also with "}" )

mismatched input ' ' expecting <EOF>  

mismatched input 'ï' expecting <EOF>   

Did the updating again, got out-of-memory error. This time the progress in % wasn't shown on the bottom of eclipse, the time before it did!?!

If you got a SocketTimeoutException this means that it wasn't possible to connect to the BIKI server. This might be because the BIKI was down or because your Internet connection broke down (shortly)... 

Furthermore the error messages I dictate that you still have an old version installed. The new system doesn't produce any errors about <EOF>. 

I'd suggest to delete eclipse and install a fresh one if your current installation is (was) troublesome. Then go ahead and download the 0.7.5 version of the Plugin. 

this doesnt' matter no more...

Edited by .NoName.
unnecessary

I didn't delete user/username/.p2 before,SORRY!!! So some old stuff was still used before I guess. I correctet this, now I have many errors:

Recognition error on '¿'   
Recognition error on '?'

Recognition error on '»'   

ALL are recognition errors. And it seems they are all in the first line and are all caused by comments. ( by "/*" or "//" )

There is an invisible space sign which cause the errors!? So if I have "/*" causing an error, I put the cursor on first position, hit "del" then the error is gone.

Could you please send me a file causing these recognition errors (the file as it is... Not just the content). 

This sounds like an encoding problem to me... 

Alright I downloaded the files and can reproduce the error.

I will look into it as soon as I have the time (which will probably be in around 3 weeks)...

Alright the issue @.NoName. described should be fixed in the latest version 0.7.6 of the plugin.

Changelog

| Fixed : Problems with UTF-8 encoded files

If you are having any trouble with this release come and pay me a visit on the official SQDev-Discord.

Furthermore the manual has been updated to cover the recent changes and to include the new super-trendy logo.

• Thanks 1

Someone just pointed out that there hasn't been a way to configure the String- and comment-highlighting in the plugin's settings. That can't be which is why I just released version 0.7.7 which addresses this exact issue

Changelog

| Added: Option to change String colouring
| Added: Option to change comment colouring
| Changed: Default parse time delay decreased to 1s (instead of 1.5s)

• Thanks 1

Yes it is. The plans for the next release are quite big though and I only have time to work on the project occasionally. That's why the next release takes so long. 

If you can't wait for the next version, you can go ahead and download the latest development version on the discord server and act as a tester :)

You can always monitor the current status of the next release on GitHub: https://github.com/Krzmbrzl/SQDev/projects/1

Just wanted to let you know that the keyword updating feature threw up a lot of errors in regards to syntax and characters. It also seems to lack any recognition of RotorLib data types.

Thanks for reporting 

The keyword update has been adapted in the current development version. But I'll check again if it still works properly. 

What RotorLib data types are there? 

Is there some sort of overview which of those RotorLib types exist?

6 hours ago, krzmbrzl said:

Is there some sort of overview which of those RotorLib types exist?

I know of no "rtd" types that are available in SQF. Why does it matter for sqdev?

I also know of no commands that take RTD types.

Regardless of how the command functions, the fact that the data type listed is "ObjectRTD" means SQDev cannot process the command.

18 minutes ago, target_practice said:

Regardless of how the command functions, the fact that the data type listed is "ObjectRTD" means SQDev cannot process the command.

Yeah that is exactly right.

I had a look at my code though and in the dev version the problem with the ObjectRTD should be fixed already. However it now fails at pages like createUnit because people are putting notes in every shape and form everywhere all over the place, which basically makes it more or less impossible for me to process the necessary information properly. Combined with the fact that SQDev will switch to using OrinocoSQF for code linting and auto-complete, I guess I won't really update the algorithm accordingly.

If you need to change some syntax or anything because the plugin keeps misinterpreting certain things (or is missing a command), you can change the keyword file manually. There's a little note on that in the manual that also tells you where you can find that file: http://krzmbrzl.github.io/SQDev/resources/SQDev.pdf#subsection.5.2.3