So I may just be dumb but how do I access the in game aircraft loadout? I can't seem to find it. Tried parking the jet next to ammo trucks, pretty much on the truck, next to a bobcat, nothing seems to work.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2017 at 8:31 AM, noilliz said:

If you want the Pylon to be empty just leave the classname of the weapon out. 

setPylonLoadOut [_x, "",true,-1]};

This was the first thing I tried. It always spawns with the default loadout.

1 hour ago, 10TH ACB TheOSB said:

So I may just be dumb but how do I access the in game aircraft loadout? I can't seem to find it. Tried parking the jet next to ammo trucks, pretty much on the truck, next to a bobcat, nothing seems to work.

There is no in-game loadout option at the moment, it's only in the editor

7 hours ago, Big-Rooney said:

There is no in-game loadout option at the moment, it's only in the editor

:down:

• Like 1

@oukej

Congrats on the release! :)

Any chance for having MK82:s available for any pylon that can carry a LGB?  In MP Scenarios you might want to have the option to use slicks without the ability to lock bombs on lasers independent of aircraft.

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Is this some kind of sick joke?

I can't believe the Dynamic Vehicle Loadouts are eden editor only, theirs so many aircraft mods that have functioning in-game loadout editors BI and BO1 could have based a vanilla one off, having it in the editor only makes no sense and is a massive cop out, they may as well have not bothered adding Dynamic Vehicle Loadouts

Dont get me wrong the rest of the DLC is great this just seems like a completely wasted opportunity to make the arma framework that much better 

Well lets hope that BIS and B01 hear everyone.  What is represented as a Dynamic Loadout in their promo material is not in fact an in mission load-out menu. 
I am sure some enterprising modder will have a vanilla version out soon in Mod or Script version. 

But, they shouldn't have to be the ones to do it.  If it just requires the available scripting and UI assets, it should be possible for BIS/B01 to get it done in a somewhat timely fashion.

Anyone else experiencing issues with the wipeout's cannon? In eden, it's always at 0. I tried messing with the load outs and ammunition slider and nothing.

9 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

Is this some kind of sick joke?

I can't believe the Dynamic Vehicle Loadouts are eden editor only, theirs so many aircraft mods that have functioning in-game loadout editors BI and BO1 could have based a vanilla one off, having it in the editor only makes no sense and is a massive cop out, they may as well have not bothered adding Dynamic Vehicle Loadouts

Dont get me wrong the rest of the DLC is great this just seems like a completely wasted opportunity to make the arma framework that much better 

Since you're new I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Developers have said/hinted at possible adding functionality for in-game real time scenarios. Where or when that will come I don't know, however its been mentioned. 

Now stop acting like a dickhead. You could have worded what you said 1000x better. 

• Like 1

I'm being critical your the one getting aggressive (and swearing at me, most likely breaking forum rules.... so get of your high horse), sorry but if modders could make it work there's no reason BI and BO1 couldn't have included it in the launch or at the very least properly confirm its coming or not, if that's the case and give us an explanation.

If they just ran out of time and its coming then let the community know now rather than leaving us all hanging, cause what we have at the moment is not a dynamic loadout.

"Dynamic (a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress"

A plane spawned when the mission loads with a FIXED loadout for the entirety of the mission doesn't seem very dynamic to me.

We have considered adding dynamic loadouts system even during the mission, but we have hit several limitations. The primary lies in the way we found similar systems are being used - it varies a lot and we won't be able to deliver a system encompassing them all. There would always be people not satisfied with our approach no matter what we do. That lead us to a decision to provide support for modders to do system however they like using a handful of scripting commands we provide. We hope that people providing constructive feedback to the lack of said system would be able to show us the way they would like it to be developed. That allows us to take some time and see what is actually requested, we may eventually devise our own system that would make more sense that if we just half-blindly created something hoping for the best.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

A plane spawned when the mission loads with a FIXED loadout for the entirety of the mission doesn't seem very dynamic to me.

Considering that earlier you had no chance to modify the loadout whatsoever before or during the mission without scripting I consider the current solution dynamic enough. :) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jone_kone said:

Considering that earlier you had no chance to modify the loadout whatsoever before or during the mission without scripting I consider the current solution dynamic enough. :) 

Exactly.  A feature the community has been asking for for years and people still get sand in naughty places about it.

• Like 1

Ok... I can't figure out how to change the weapon loadout via setPylonLoadout in the init... what am I doing wrong?

I want to give the black wasp MacerIIs where the LGBs are, so I'm trying variations of the following, but it wont accept any of them:

this setPylonLoadout [8, "PylonRack_1Rnd_Missile_AGM_02_F", forced = false, turret path []];

the guide says: 

vehicle setPylonLoadOut [pylonID, magazine name, forced = false, turret path = []]

so vehicle = this one in the init.

Pylon... the  8th one..I've also tried Pylon8 and Pylons8

I've tried just false instead of forced false. 

I'e tried turret path = [-1]; I've tried just [-1]

Nothing works... how can I simply set the LGB hardpoints to carry macers instead?

4 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Ok... I can't figure out how to change the weapon loadout via setPylonLoadout in the init... what am I doing wrong?

I want to give the black wasp MacerIIs where the LGBs are, so I'm trying variations of the following, but it wont accept any of them:

this setPylonLoadout [8, "PylonRack_1Rnd_Missile_AGM_02_F", forced = false, turret path []];

the guide says: 

vehicle setPylonLoadOut [pylonID, magazine name, forced = false, turret path = []]

Nothing works... how can I simply set the LGB hardpoints to carry macers instead?

wanna also know how it works.. i want the A10 to have 6 20mm cannons under its pylons like in the dev branch a few weeks ago XD

On 16.5.2017 at 6:24 PM, 10TH ACB TheOSB said:

Made a basic aircraft loadout menu to be used mid-mission until BI comes up with a solution on their own.

It's barebones but it's working until something official comes up.

Usage is pretty straight forward with a simple addAction.

Cheers

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

the guide says: 

this setPylonLoadOut [8,"PylonRack_1Rnd_Missile_AGM_02_F",false,-1]

The "forced =" and "turret path =" are comments. You only need the values

8 hours ago, pettka said:

We have considered adding dynamic loadouts system even during the mission, but we have hit several limitations. The primary lies in the way we found similar systems are being used - it varies a lot and we won't be able to deliver a system encompassing them all. There would always be people not satisfied with our approach no matter what we do. That lead us to a decision to provide support for modders to do system however they like using a handful of scripting commands we provide. We hope that people providing constructive feedback to the lack of said system would be able to show us the way they would like it to be developed. That allows us to take some time and see what is actually requested, we may eventually devise our own system that would make more sense that if we just half-blindly created something hoping for the best.

Quite honestly, a literal interpretation of what BIS has put into the EDEN editor would be great.
A GUI based menu that allows you to pick from dropdowns to reload or replace weapons on pylons while in close proximity to a placed item or specific item that mission editors choose.

Drive plane up to X meters distance, use interaction menu to access pylon loadouts.  Set weapons, hit apply.  Give some form of instant or countdown (whatever mission maker prefers) timer for load to be applied.

Go on merry day bombing the crap out of enemy forces.

I would keep the weapon systems as they are now.  Have each faction weapons available to that faction, and in the placements they are today.  Any other placements could be achieved by modders or scripting.

Have weapon resupply scripts (most repair/re-arm placements in missions now) rearm the last applied weapon loadout.

That basic approach would be great for all non-modded servers.  Have it be a module you can drop down to allow or disallow custom loadouts.    This way, mission makers can set static loadouts for their balance purposes while others can go hog wild.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

The "forced =" and "turret path =" are comments. You only need the values

Copied and pasted into the init: 

and it doesn't work, I get the error message:

Init: Type Bool, expected Nothing

4 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Copied and pasted into the init: 

and it doesn't work, I get the error message:

This is caused by a weird change to the debug window (for whatever reason the debug window needs a handle for every command that returns a value, even commands like pushBack ffs)

So try this:

_lol = this setPylonLoadOut [8,"PylonRack_1Rnd_Missile_AGM_02_F",false,-1]

Cheers

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Quite honestly, a literal interpretation of what BIS has put into the EDEN editor would be great.

I agree, most people would likely be more than happy with this. That being said, I love that we have dynamic loadouts now, even if it's just in the editor.

And here i was thinking it would have been straight forward for BI to add the loadout System to ammo Trucks/Crates/Boxes/Cargo Objects. This is what most people would expect, but there really is about 2 best ways to do it. The Eden version, or the Virtual Arsenal Version. I think the Virtual Arsenal Version i best for in game iteration because of the 3D representation it provides. Perhaps a vote?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

This is caused by a weird change to the debug window (for whatever reason the debug window needs a handle for every command that returns a value, even commands like pushBack ffs)

So try this:

_lol = this setPylonLoadOut [8,"PylonRack_1Rnd_Missile_AGM_02_F",false,-1]

Cheers

Awesome, its working now, although I had to change the false to true to get it to work, it was immediately better due to the lack of error messages in the init.

I don't know if this information is out there yet, but so far I figured out the following:

For the Black Wasp stealth variant:

----Side Bays----
5 is right bay
6 is left bay

----Center Bays----
7 is top 
8 is 2nd from the top
9 3rd from top
12 is bottom of center bay

I'm guessing it would be the same for the external pylon variant, but with 1-4 being for the external pylons.

13 hours ago, pettka said:

If this were to work like the current arsenal in-game I would be happy.

This way each aircraft could have multiple configurations depending on mission.

It could be an addaction as you walk up to the aircraft or be attached to an object (huron container, ammo truck, USS Freedom) that you get within a certain distance to(5m).

Thanks,

Reed

• Like 1

Would anyone with an indepth knowledge of the dynamic loadouts have any idea why this is happening? 

I've followed the biki guide on how to implement this stuff and also obtained help from another Arma community member who is knowledgeable in this field but he is still confused as to why this happens. I've got all my proxies set up properly as confirmed by the person that gave me help, they're all named correctly, the pylon settings show up in the editor when you right click the aircraft, I just have no idea why it does this. 

Here is my loadouts config section for reference. - https://pastebin.com/1fbg6396 -

*NOTE* I'm just trying to get stuff to show up first, so no real value in what pylons can carry what or any form of actual accuracy has been implemented yet, its just there to get weapons to show up first. 

Cheers.