On 5/18/2017 at 7:59 AM, pettka said:

We have considered adding dynamic loadouts system even during the mission, but we have hit several limitations. The primary lies in the way we found similar systems are being used - it varies a lot and we won't be able to deliver a system encompassing them all. There would always be people not satisfied with our approach no matter what we do. That lead us to a decision to provide support for modders to do system however they like using a handful of scripting commands we provide. We hope that people providing constructive feedback to the lack of said system would be able to show us the way they would like it to be developed. That allows us to take some time and see what is actually requested, we may eventually devise our own system that would make more sense that if we just half-blindly created something hoping for the best.

Good point. Constructive feedback:

Go with call function virtual_Hangar, just as with Arsenal. I remember a TON of scripts which tried to do Arsenal but 3D view+persistent loadouts was the killer combo and soon all those overscripted item boxes were gone.

Just as with Arsenal, Hangar can be restricted or attached to any item.

Anyways, thx for Jets!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, dartnecron said:

Go with call function virtual_Hangar, just as with Arsenal

This idea is actually brilliant!

• Like 1

I've already tried that, but unfortunately this requires a script rework beyond my knowledge. Only 9 buttons on the right side can be shown, the 10th and above are unclickable. This makes large jets like the A-164 unusable with this system, only presets can be selected.

Proof of concept : https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2b5w5r2zspz32s/%40GOS_TEST_Garage.rar?dl=0

Is this limit intentional, @pettka ? Is there a way to remove it ?

VgtAr4Y.jpg

• Like 5

Awesome idea. The Garage module is not multiplayer compatible. I can do all the back end scripting but I suck at interfaces.

Something like this?

Couple of things need tweaking but so far MP compatible and working, just need to work out the mod support.

• Like 2

Hello,

is it possible to have scalpels with the black wasp? 

Would be cool to engage ground targets with that. :)

13 hours ago, sahloknir said:

Hello,

is it possible to have scalpels with the black wasp? 

Would be cool to engage ground targets with that. :)

You can always make it happen with script commands.

fighter setPylonLoadOut [1/*Note: pylon ID, starts on 1*/,"PylonRack_4Rnd_LG_scalpel",true/*Note: true means forced apply*/]

• Like 1

Ayee works like a charm.

Didn't know that script command. Thank u very much. :)

Sorry to necro a thread but i see there is a config setting to limit a pylon to a pilot or turret. BUT is there a config entry to limit a weapon to a turret?

for example... AH-1 cobra can carry both rocket pods and TOWS on all 4 pylons. Rocket pods should be slaved only to the pilot and TOWs should be slaved to the gunner regardless of which pylon they are on. Is it possible without scripting? is there a config value that covers this?

You have to set this up manually in the editor. Scripting is required to allow changing weapons anywhere else, so a script doing that should include an appropriate check. Note that the dynamic loadout system is designed for use by mission designers, so it has no problem with, say, overloading a bird past MTOW. It's up to the mission maker to ensure that the loadouts make sense.

Guys, after I have configured dynamic loadouts for the aircraft, how do I specify a default one?

4 minutes ago, winse said:

how do I specify a default one?

attachment= parameter for each pylon defines the default magazine.