The rocketpods seem a bit too accurate in general. With jets you have good enough UI and ccip that you can shoot over 3km accurately with these things. That seems unrealistic. Esp. when considering the big amount you can carry on the vehicles now.

On 5/18/2017 at 1:59 AM, pettka said:

We have considered adding dynamic loadouts system even during the mission, but we have hit several limitations. The primary lies in the way we found similar systems are being used - it varies a lot and we won't be able to deliver a system encompassing them all. There would always be people not satisfied with our approach no matter what we do. That lead us to a decision to provide support for modders to do system however they like using a handful of scripting commands we provide. We hope that people providing constructive feedback to the lack of said system would be able to show us the way they would like it to be developed. That allows us to take some time and see what is actually requested, we may eventually devise our own system that would make more sense that if we just half-blindly created something hoping for the best.

First off Dynamic Loadouts means during the game we can change the Load outs. This was requested and absolutely positively desired.

so consider this my feedback?

I am Fine with a service menu like the F/a-18 mod that BO1 won Make arma not war with or the FirWil's system Or one where i literally walk round the aircraft scroll timer ect Both optons would rock personally it depends on how seriously milsimy i feel.

On like really appreciate request would be the addition of CBU and JDAM gps bombs and the 1000 and 2000 pounders?

Most of all on missions like liberation I'd like a Dynamic Loadout system in game. Not an EDEN Editable load out.

from the arma website Dynamic Vehicle Loadouts - Players can now customize their vehicle's armament. In the case of jets, this means you can choose what kind of ordnance each pylon carries.

Server admins and Mission makers/editors are the only ones who can customize an aircraft loadout Its not dynamic IF i have to convince the server admin to Save the mission Bring down the server after we pack up every thing so nothing despawns during the server restart tell them what i want while they edit the Plane in Eden save Re upload the edited save file as the current mission file and restart the server with it...

Does that sound "Dynamic" to you.

The Black wasp looks pretty the Sentinel looks like a UFO which is what it is meant to look like all in all i was really happy till i found out that the Advertised "dynamic load out system" was actually in fact a new Eden editor function that allows mission makers to edit an aircraft's loadout before the game is started.

1 hour ago, x3kj said:

The rocketpods seem a bit too accurate in general. With jets you have good enough UI and ccip that you can shoot over 3km accurately with these things. That seems unrealistic. Esp. when considering the big amount you can carry on the vehicles now.

Video? Cus I've found that even with CCIP my rounds, rockets and bombs are always hit or miss give or take 30 meters, maybe more, of course the munition dispersion tightens as you get closer to the target.

On 18.5.2017 at 7:59 AM, pettka said:

We have considered adding dynamic loadouts system even during the mission, but we have hit several limitations. The primary lies in the way we found similar systems are being used - it varies a lot and we won't be able to deliver a system encompassing them all. There would always be people not satisfied with our approach no matter what we do. That lead us to a decision to provide support for modders to do system however they like using a handful of scripting commands we provide. We hope that people providing constructive feedback to the lack of said system would be able to show us the way they would like it to be developed. That allows us to take some time and see what is actually requested, we may eventually devise our own system that would make more sense that if we just half-blindly created something hoping for the best.

*** WARNING! Unpopular opinion ahead! ***

I think the approach chosen by BIS is the best one for several reasons:

• The approach leaves absolute control about what ammunition is aviable in the hands of the mission designer. This is a must, as the aviability of weapons, equipment and ordnance is a mayor factor in mission balance and therefore in "making the mission fun/engaging".
  • People who do not build missions themselves probably dislike this approach, because they think they will not benefit from the new system since they can't use it themselves. Be assured you will benefit from it! Mission designers will happily use the system to build more interesting missions, using new and varied loadouts. They also like to use scripts...
  • Scripts: Some people may think "BIS is just lazy, so they outsource it to moders.". But this approach is in my eyes the better one for us, the players: It gives us more options that are better suited for the gameplay we want. The Arma community has a wide and diverse variety of playing styles - from casual KotH to hardcore uber-realistic Milsiming. Whatever BIS would have made, people would have complained about it in some way (just look here in the forums :f:). This approach allows everybody to have their tailor-made solution: We can have hardcore milsim variants that only allow you to have realistic loadouts and where someone has to stand next to the plane for 10 minutes to "load" the missiles, we can have systems where you pay some sort of money to get ammo, or systems that allow you to load whatever you want in mere secounds.
    (Also it did not take long for the first loadout scripts to pop up. Grumpy Old Man's basic aircraft loadout menu for example is great).

I am aware that there are missions out there that don't think much about loadouts and such and where a automatically applied standard system would give the players a way to "fix it". But - as with many other problems - that's not a problem with Arma's systems, it's rather a problem with bad and/or lazy mission design. And that is a completely different topic.

• Like 3

I'm still a hardcore fan of having a Vanilla answer to everything that's added. For example, there still insnt very much use to the Vehicle In Vehicle option for ammo crates, mainly because most of the VIV stuff hasn't been expanded to other vehicles, or maybe because it simply flew under the radar. I'm sure someone's picked it up, but it's something that could have or rather, should have had much heavier use in missions (vanilla logistics with minimal mod requirement). I don't exactly feel the same way about the Dynamic Loadout, but I still feel there should at least be a bare bones vanilla version, via. Park jet next to missle rack/ammo truck/vehicle ammo crate/Huron ammo crate, etc., and get a simple menu that allows changing of weapons specific to said faction. But I'm ok with modders also picking up the torch from this point, but I guess maybe it's just that some of us, or maybe just me, are a bit anxious. Haha, but still. 

Somehow I was thinking it would become part of the virtual garage. That way a function similar to the virual arsenal function could be implemented. A player could walk up to a object that has the script attached. The script would look for stationary objects close by that can be viewed in virtual garage and give the player the option to go to Garage-mode and change ... well everything one can chance in the virtual garage + weapon loadouts where possible.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, noilliz said:

Question: does anyone know where the background pictures for the eden pylon menu are stored?

Depends on the aircraft.

They're generally stored in the same .pbo as the aircraft model and with the \data\ subfolder for textures and materials for that aircraft, in a \UI\ subfolder. By convention they're named ##class##_3DEN_CA.paa (or ##class##_EDEN_CA.paa in a couple of cases) e.g.

uiPicture = "\A3\Air_F\Heli_Light_01\Data\UI\Heli_Light_01_3DEN_CA.paa";

uiPicture = "\A3\Air_F_Beta\Heli_Attack_01\Data\UI\Heli_Attack_01_EDEN_CA.paa";

uiPicture = "\A3\Air_F_Exp\VTOL_02\Data\UI\VTOL_02_3DEN_CA.paa";

UIPicture = "\A3\Air_F_Jets\Plane_Fighter_01\Data\UI\Fighter_01_3DEN_CA.paa";

• Like 1

Found them this morning as well, had to open up the PBO's since they were not present in the config browser for me. Using them for my service menu. For some reason the Kajman is out of center. 

(they all have a small offset to the left, got fixed after I made the gif)

asm2iUe.gif

• Like 8

Does anybody have a fix for pylon weapons not being removed by setPylonLoadout when they are added to a non-expected turret?

Pylon weapons in turrets which are not the main gunner cannot be gotten through the "weapons" command for manual removal.

Pylon image can be gotten through vehicle config:

getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf vehicle player >> "Components" >> "TransportPylonsComponent" >> "uiPicture")

Maybe BIS should request an "official looking" loadouts system from the community and best one gets added as a vanilla system.

telling the community to come up with a solution is nice for BI but has some issues. designer may have license which doesnt include you (such as use on a monetized server), no derivs/etc. to self-design one is a PITA and would take a number of hours/days to do it right, i dont really want to do this :)

There are issues with the pylon proxy on some models but have most of it working. Issue with the bay animations not resetting back to engine operation so have logged a ticket.

Dynamic Aircraft Loadout Editor

• Like 7

3 hours ago, roy86 said:

There are issues with the pylon proxy on some models but have most of it working. Issue with the bay animations not resetting back to engine operation so have logged a ticket.

That looks sweet!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roy86 said:

And I'm sitting here all proud of my loadout menu, but it's nothing compared to this. great work man.

• Like 3

Some people would like your fast loadout, Some people will like Ace style long loadout

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, noilliz said:

And I'm sitting here all proud of my loadout menu, but it's nothing compared to this. great work man.

I quite like your one mate, crisp, clean and functional.

I actually failed at trying to do it that way because I couldn't find the images so I ended up using the 3D proxies.

26 minutes ago, sammael said:

Some people would like your fast loadout, Some people will like Ace style long loadout

Exactly. There are options for all kinds of preferences. main reason I think that is what makes arma great.

• Like 6

Just a heads up, I noticed some weird flicker on the Blackfoot's loadout MFD. Some random text characters appear behind the missile loadout pictures.

10 hours ago, sammael said:

I'd like both depending on the day for what i am in the mood for

• Like 2

Although I love the system in general, I would suggest using front view of the vehicles in Eden Pylon editor, something like DCS :

0Cp1KX9.png

Otherwise, it'll be nice if the system is directly integrated in the Virtual Garage, as part of the vehicle customization feature. It'll allow easy-to-edit interface, save-load/import-export options, ingame loadout editor, etc...

If it isn't planned, I'm doing something similar myself and will gladly donate the whole thing to BIS or as a mod.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 1:02 AM, roy86 said:

Wow! See now that's awesome. This is exactly like the way Star Citizen does it's Loadout system. 

9 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Wow! See now that's awesome. This is exactly like the way Star Citizen does it's Loadout system. 

And its a massive PITA in that game.

Count me in as a traditional front facing UI load out editor kind of guy although I can sure respect the work going into roys proxy based system (your medical system using it is fantastic!)

On 2017-5-28 at 1:02 PM, roy86 said:

impressed.gif

Damn that is some good shit. 

Also finishing work on something similar to a Virtual Garage with dynamic loadout ability.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, roy86 said:

Also finishing work on something similar to a Virtual Garage with dynamic loadout ability.

Fuck me thats impressive! Loving it mate fuckin loving it 

21 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Fuck me thats impressive! Loving it mate fuckin loving it 

There are so many loadout systems popping up and every single one is just amazing. Just love this community. A pity that BIS didn't grab the oportunity and added dyn. loadouts to the Virtual Garage like Roy86 did.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

And its a massive PITA in that game.

Count me in as a traditional front facing UI load out editor kind of guy although I can sure respect the work going into roys proxy based system (your medical system using it is fantastic!)

I'm a large fan of immersion, despite not being a weapons engineer, having to go to each pylon individually is a treat of it's own. More immersive than a 2D screen, but I'm fine with any dynamic loadout system as long as it allows use in game. =D

• Like 1