1 hour ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Would anyone with an indepth knowledge of the dynamic loadouts have any idea why this is happening

Looks like the proxies are spawning at the plane's origin.

What model are you pathing the pylon proxies to in your aircraft? An existing BIS one, or a new pylon model you made? Does the target proxy .p3d have autocenter = 0 in the geometry LOD?

So far as the setting up the proxies correctly; I'm assuming that means has a class proxy#ModelName# entry under cfgNonAIVehicles, with simulation = pylonpod; And proxies are given numbered indexes 1 to 10, even if they don't have the same model path.

6 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Looks like the proxies are spawning at the plane's origin.

What model are you pathing the pylon proxies to in your aircraft? An existing BIS one, or a new pylon model you made? Does the target proxy .p3d have autocenter = 0 in the geometry LOD?

So far as the setting up the proxies correctly; I'm assuming that means has a class proxy#ModelName# entry under cfgNonAIVehicles, with simulation = pylonpod; And proxies are given numbered indexes 1 to 10, even if they don't have the same model path.

My proxies are named this... '\A3\Weapons_F\DynamicLoadout\PylonPod_3x_Missile_AGM_02_F.001..002 etc'  Just mentioning the Geo lod might have found the issue, I'm still using the old proxy names of all of them in the geo lod. I've only updated the 0.000 LOD to the new proxy names etc.. 

Ok so I even renamed the Geo LOD proxies to the same, also none of the pylons have autocenter = 0 on them at all and still no positive results. 

I'm just trying to get the vanilla weapons on it for the time being. 

Well I know the Apex Dracon mod has a system to change the load-out of the one vehicle it provides so maybe the Dev's should get in contact with the developer(s) of that mod so they can get that system in game so players can change the load-out while in the middle of a game. That way normal players can just swap out the weapons on the pre built pylons for a more optimal loadout for the mission instead of having to have it changed in server before the game starts. link is provided here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=530168603&searchtext=APEX+Drakon

2 hours ago, Shadow_Dracul said:

Well I know the Apex Dracon mod has a system to change the load-out of the one vehicle it provides so maybe the Dev's should get in contact with the developer(s) of that mod so they can get that system in game so players can change the load-out while in the middle of a game. That way normal players can just swap out the weapons on the pre built pylons for a more optimal loadout for the mission instead of having to have it changed in server before the game starts. link is provided here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=530168603&searchtext=APEX+Drakon

Its a mod though. So its up to Church (I think his name is) to update it and from what I've heard its got a lot of IRL stuff going on. Another way is if Church passed on the mod for the time being and allowed someone he trusted with updating it for him. 

Ooorrrr maybe you could wait a couple of days and see what the mod community whips up.

There is already one Modular Loadout system working in script form for all the vanilla airframes, that is compatible with Firewill's F16.

The Devs said, in this thread, that they are looking at how to implement an In-Mission load change system.  Let them know what you'd like to see.
And go look around.  There are already solutions out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ski2060 said:

There is already one Modular Loadout system working in script form for all the vanilla airframes, that is compatible with Firewill's F16.

Well to put it correct it's working for every vehicle that's properly configured for the pylon usage, heh. So it's working for every addon aircraft that's configured after BI pylon conventions.

Cheers

I'm just trying to get the vanilla weapons on it for the time being. 

Have you tried soecifying a default magazine in the config? Your stuff looks very much like mine, and it works for me.

Also, are you using Blender together with my toolbox?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Have you tried soecifying a default magazine in the config? Your stuff looks very much like mine, and it works for me.

Also, are you using Blender together with my toolbox?

Well so far I got it somewhat working, had to delete some stuff from the model config. 

863A1CB6B65EDD5A1DB893B12479EA73A8650DDA

8/10 pylons work perfectly fine, its the same 2 that spawn directly in the center which are still causing trouble. Strange cause the proxies seem to work for everything else (as visible in the image), but when it comes to the inner 2.. doesn't wanna work. 

Yes I'm using Blender and Arma toolbox. 

• Like 3

Yes I'm using Blender and Arma toolbox. 

The old version (which I shamefully admit is still the only one I published) uses vertex group names for proxies, and these are limited to (IIRC) 33 characters. Basically the export might clip the name of your proxy.

I should REALLY get the new version out...

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

The old version (which I shamefully admit is still the only one I published) uses vertex group names for proxies, and these are limited to (IIRC) 33 characters. Basically the export might clip the name of your proxy.

I should REALLY get the new version out...

Well whats confusing, is that there aren't even any proxies where the weapons are spawning. The proxy is in the bays the left and right of where they're spawning.

As for the Blender, I don't really use it for this. I just use classic old O2 for my proxies etc... 

1 minute ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

As for the Blender, I don't really use it for this. I just use classic old O2 for my proxies etc... 

Hm, okay so it can't be that... Just thought I'd mention it.

Okay, now I have my own problem with the Dynamic Loadout.

The situation is as follows: For CUP, I made two GAU-19/A cannons to be mounted under the Little Bird, one for each side (complete with belt and ammo box). Config-wise it looks like this:

CfgNoAIWeapons

Spoiler

class CUP_ProxyPylonPod_GAU19_L : ProxyWeapon
    {
        model = "\CUP\Weapons\CUP_Weapons_DynamicLoadout\GAU19A\CUP_Gau19_Left.p3d";
        simulation = "pylonpod";
    };
    class CUP_ProxyPylonPod_GAU19_R : ProxyWeapon
    {
        model = "\CUP\Weapons\CUP_Weapons_DynamicLoadout\GAU19A\CUP_Gau19_Right.p3d";
        simulation = "pylonpod";
    };

CfgMagazines:

Spoiler

class CUP_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19_M;
    class CUP_PylonPod_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19L_M : CUP_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19_M
    {
        displayName = "GAU-19/A";
        hardpoints[] = {"CUP_NATO_HELO_AH6_LEFT"};
        pylonWeapon = "CUP_Vhmg_GAU10_L_veh";
        CUP_PilotControl = 1;
    };
    class CUP_PylonPod_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19R_M : CUP_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19_M
    {
        hardpoints[] = {"CUP_NATO_HELO_AH6_RIGHT"};
        pylonWeapon = "CUP_Vhmg_GAU10_R_veh";
        CUP_PilotControl = 1;
    };

CfgWeapons:

Spoiler

// Gun Pods - West
    class CUP_Vhmg_GAU19_veh;
    class CUP_Vhmg_GAU10_L_veh : CUP_Vhmg_GAU19_veh
    {
        magazines[] = {"CUP_PylonPod_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19L_M"};
    };
    class CUP_Vhmg_GAU10_R_veh : CUP_Vhmg_GAU19_veh
    {
        magazines[] = {"CUP_PylonPod_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19R_M"};
    };

The weapons show up in the loadout, and they show up correctly on the pylons. Cycling the weapons, I can switch to them and fire them. There, however, the oddity starts.

For one thing, even though they are different weapons (unlike e.g. the twin cannon pods), they fire simultaneously. That isn't a bad thing, quite the contrary, but the ammo count is going bonkers. Sometimes it shows the combined rounds of the two guns, sometimes it only shows one magazine, causing the ammo counter to fluctuate wildly. 

I am not really sure why this happens. The weapons are different, so they shouldn't really fire linked in the first place, or they should show the correct ammo count.

Anyone's got an idea? The Hydras work fine, it's just this one.

Do we have any servers that have implemented a way for players to change pylons in game yet? I imagine this will come fairly quick, but I've yet to see any.

They just need to run this amazing script

9 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Okay, now I have my own problem with the Dynamic Loadout.

The situation is as follows: For CUP, I made two GAU-19/A cannons to be mounted under the Little Bird, one for each side (complete with belt and ammo box). Config-wise it looks like this:

CfgNoAIWeapons

Reveal hidden contents

class CUP_ProxyPylonPod_GAU19_L : ProxyWeapon
    {
        simulation = "pylonpod";
    };
    class CUP_ProxyPylonPod_GAU19_R : ProxyWeapon
    {
        simulation = "pylonpod";
    };

CfgMagazines:

Reveal hidden contents

class CUP_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19_M;
    class CUP_PylonPod_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19L_M : CUP_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19_M
    {
        hardpoints[] = {"CUP_NATO_HELO_AH6_LEFT"};
        pylonWeapon = "CUP_Vhmg_GAU10_L_veh";
        CUP_PilotControl = 1;
    };
    class CUP_PylonPod_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19R_M : CUP_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19_M
    {
        hardpoints[] = {"CUP_NATO_HELO_AH6_RIGHT"};
        pylonWeapon = "CUP_Vhmg_GAU10_R_veh";
        CUP_PilotControl = 1;
    };

CfgWeapons:

Reveal hidden contents

// Gun Pods - West
    class CUP_Vhmg_GAU19_veh;
    class CUP_Vhmg_GAU10_L_veh : CUP_Vhmg_GAU19_veh
    {
        magazines[] = {"CUP_PylonPod_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19L_M"};
    };
    class CUP_Vhmg_GAU10_R_veh : CUP_Vhmg_GAU19_veh
    {
        magazines[] = {"CUP_PylonPod_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_GAU19R_M"};
    };

The weapons show up in the loadout, and they show up correctly on the pylons. Cycling the weapons, I can switch to them and fire them. There, however, the oddity starts.

For one thing, even though they are different weapons (unlike e.g. the twin cannon pods), they fire simultaneously. That isn't a bad thing, quite the contrary, but the ammo count is going bonkers. Sometimes it shows the combined rounds of the two guns, sometimes it only shows one magazine, causing the ammo counter to fluctuate wildly. 

I am not really sure why this happens. The weapons are different, so they shouldn't really fire linked in the first place, or they should show the correct ammo count.

Anyone's got an idea? The Hydras work fine, it's just this one.

It could maybe be the inheritance of your gun pods? Since you're inheriting off of a common parent, the engine might be reading that as they're the same or similar so it chucks them together? Maybe try them with different ammo as well? 

That's really all I can think of. 

4 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

It could maybe be the inheritance of your gun pods? Since you're inheriting off of a common parent, the engine might be reading that as they're the same or similar so it chucks them together? Maybe try them with different ammo as well? 

I don't think so, most weapons have a common ancestor (actually all weapons because they ultimately derive from one of the core classes). The only common factor is the ammo type, I might try to use different .50 cal bullets for each magazine.

3 hours ago, Alwarren said:

I don't think so, most weapons have a common ancestor (actually all weapons because they ultimately derive from one of the core classes). The only common factor is the ammo type, I might try to use different .50 cal bullets for each magazine.

No idea then tbh. Ammo is the only other thing I can think of. 

At least you got a working gunpod! I can't get mine to work for the life of me haha

BIS,

Is there anyway you can add pylons to the Ghost Hawk, so we can have a medium helicopter with DAP/attack capabilities?

I know a mod exist, but this should be a vanilla option.

Sincerely,

Reed

• Like 5

Is there anyway you can add pylons to the Ghost Hawk, so we can have a medium helicopter with DAP/attack capabilities?

pylons for AH-99 too

so it can compete with CSAT gunship

6aa101-Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V%2002.16.

and the radar on top if possible to make use of the new mechanics

• Like 2

Does anybody know where the model for the missiles on the pylons is defined?

I created some HARMs to test if it works and it does.

I wanted to use the vanilla AMRAAM C model for an AGM88 and it worked after the missile was launched. So the flying missile had the correct model. I also changed the model in the magazine class but apparently that didn't work...

When hanging around on the pylon the missile still looks like an KH-25...

On 21.5.2017 at 11:50 PM, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Does anybody know where the model for the missiles on the pylons is defined?

I created some HARMs to test if it works and it does.

I wanted to use the vanilla AMRAAM C model for an AGM88 and it worked after the missile was launched. So the flying missile had the correct model. I also changed the model in the magazine class but apparently that didn't work...

When hanging around on the pylon the missile still looks like an KH-25...

Solved it.

Alot of the heli's that have possible loadouts cannot use such weapons, either efficiently because there's no targeting sight, or because there's no mechanism for locking. These should be fixed first before adding new things to the existing presets.

• Like 1

Any chance to have MK82:s available on any slot that supports a LGB bomb? LGB:s are quickly op with the current TGP  in MP.

Edit: Oh, and maybe DAR:s for the Gryphon. It´s a multirole aircraft IRL so rockets could be part of it´s dynamic loadout options? :)

• Like 4

23 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Requesting Dynamic Loadouts for the Apex CSAT UAV ("o_t_uav_04_cas_f" or soemthing)

The MQ-12 Falcon has it, so i don't see a reason for the KH-3A Fenghuang not being able to have it. They are both from APEX release right?

Question: does anyone know where the background pictures for the eden pylon menu are stored?