Speaking of BIM-9X that name (Bohemian Intercept Missile?) bothers me so much, if you wanted to not step on toes maybe call it AAM-9X or something less ridiculous.

What about Clusterbombs? Since we actually have cluster artillery rounds that should be possible to implement.

I would love to see some more types of bombs and ammunitions for the jets in general.

1 minute ago, probad said:

Speaking of BIM-9X that name (Bohemian Intercept Missile?) bothers me so much, if you wanted to not step on toes maybe call it AAM-9X or something less ridiculous.

Is is just Bohemia Interactive Missile :D

"B" implies a multiplatform missile in the US naming convention. BGM-71 TOW, for example, could be launched from both ground vehicles, static mounts and aircraft. This would imply that BIM-9X is a variant of Sidewinder which is not exclusive to aircraft. Something like that was tried with MIM-72 Chapparal, but in that case, the missile was modified enough to warrant a new designation. In this case, they might have designed a common version for both SAM and AAM use.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, probad said:

Well at least it was another version of the titan :) 

14 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

What about Clusterbombs? Since we actually have cluster artillery rounds that should be possible to implement.

I would love to see some more types of bombs and ammunitions for the jets in general.

It is very possible and other things like shrapnel warheads but it would be very taxing in mp with lots of them going off, not so much arms, just try it will the mrls and fire off a whole heap and see what happens. The devs have said aswell they would like to add more variety of weapons so hopefully sometime after release we might see some new ones sneak in :) 

Back on topic should the neophron  be able to carry so many skapels?

I've found an issue with the vehicle transport version of Xian. It only seems to be able to carry the bombs, and the default loadout is empty.

An unrelated issue (though probably having to do something with recent weapon changes), this time with infantry transport version, is the FFV seats being broken. I can't put any units in them.

1 hour ago, snoops_213 said:

Well at least it was another version of the titan :) 

It is very possible and other things like shrapnel warheads but it would be very taxing in mp with lots of them going off, not so much arms, just try it will the mrls and fire off a whole heap and see what happens. The devs have said aswell they would like to add more variety of weapons so hopefully sometime after release we might see some new ones sneak in :) 

Back on topic should the neophron  be able to carry so many skapels?

No more than the Wipeout who can carry even more.

On 5/6/2017 at 9:04 AM, Zygzak191 said:

Btw, was Fenghuang overlooked? Right now it doesn't support dynamic loadouts.

Speaking of the Fenghuang I'm rather interested in seeing the Jian be made available as an alternate AGM option for the Neophron and Shikra due to its particular characteristics...

• Like 2

I think we need some kind of HARM or other SEAD possibilities.

Especially since you are not able to target the new blufor AA turrets with anything but laser guided weapons from a plane.

There will surely be HARM weapons in multiple mods after this comes out.  But yes, a HARM in vanilla would be awesome.

Theyve mentioned they will be doing a HARM style missile but it will be after Jets.

I just wana add how much I love the fact we can attach 20mm gun pods to the opfor helicopters. Also i hope we get more options like that, because it add more fun factor also if i can put 4 twin 20mm gun pods on a heli or 4 250kg bombs. Why can't I have something like more miniguns on a hellcat and such.

But for the Kaijman those dumb fire weapons really should be controlled by the pilot. Because right it's a real annoying limitation to make it where the gunner has to fire the weapons the pilot aims. Which reduces the effectiveness of the heli in what feels like a very unrealistic way.

• Like 3

Can we possibly get some documentation/Fieldguide in the manual for all the new missle/weapon types? Aside from extensive testing, its hard to tell at face value what each type of missile system is. Maybe even naming each one with the type it is such as (RG) for Radar Guided and (IR) for Infrared. 

This also applies to all the old missiles, as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silentghoust said:

Can we possibly get some documentation/Fieldguide in the manual for all the new missle/weapon types? Aside from extensive testing, its hard to tell at face value what each type of missile system is. Maybe even naming each one with the type it is such as (RG) for Radar Guided and (IR) for Infrared. 

This also applies to all the old missiles, as well.

I agree with what you've said but just as an FYI the in-cockpit HUDs of the 3 new jets tell you whether the missiles you've loaded are IR/RG/LG etc.

1 hour ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

I agree with what you've said but just as an FYI the in-cockpit HUDs of the 3 new jets tell you whether the missiles you've loaded are IR/RG/LG etc.

I checked it out and couldn't find it. Grant it I only tried it on the Opfor jet. is it the top right that states AGM and such?

On 5/11/2017 at 5:40 PM, silentghoust said:

I checked it out and couldn't find it. Grant it I only tried it on the Opfor jet. is it the top right that states AGM and such?

Yes.

o1mEfEK.jpg

ATGM = guided Air-to-ground missiles (Macer, Sharur, KH-25)

LGB = laser guided bomb (GBU-12, KAB-250, LOM-250)

IR = infa-red guided missile (Bim-9x, R73, Sahr-3, ASRAAM, Falchion-22)

ARH = Active Radar Homing (AMRAAM, R77, Zephyr)

In the Shikra they're labelled a little bit differently however you can still see their purpose:

nxzRcbF.jpg

• Like 4

Has anybody figure out how to spawn an unarmed aircraft using dynamic loadouts? No matter what I try I always get the default loadout. I can get anything of the pylon weapons on there I want, just not unarmed.

On 5/14/2017 at 3:43 AM, Andrew Campese said:

Has anybody figure out how to spawn an unarmed aircraft using dynamic loadouts? No matter what I try I always get the default loadout. I can get anything of the pylon weapons on there I want, just not unarmed.

If you want the Pylon to be empty just leave the classname of the weapon out. 

setPylonLoadOut [_x, "",true,-1]};

It appears that the hellcat cannot lock-on with any guided missiles you equip on the pylons. Out of the light helis, it is the one that can actually carry the largest amount of scalpels, but they are useless as you cannot lock any target with them. It works fine when equipping DAGRs and Scalpels on the Pawnee and Orca however. I would assume the hellcat works as well.

Is this because of missing sensors on the hellcat or an intentional design choice?

• Like 1

Does the Hellcat have a Laser Designator, and if so are you designating those targets with it?
It's possible the Scalpel needs to have a target designated first.

35 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Does the Hellcat have a Laser Designator, and if so are you designating those targets with it?
It's possible the Scalpel needs to have a target designated first.

No designator. For the pawnee and the Orca "free-locking" will get you a lock (albeit very hit and miss) Doesn't work with the Hellcat. Would really like to see this fixed but unlikely until after DLC release I guess....

Ive mentioed this issue before. Maybe its because of the 3 'light' helicopters only the Hellcat has a turret for the copilot so instead of locking the players weapon onto the target what youre doing is telling your copilot to lock on instead?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Ive mentioed this issue before. Maybe its because of the 3 'light' helicopters only the Hellcat has a turret for the copilot so instead of locking the players weapon onto the target what youre doing is telling your copilot to lock on instead?

Yes, I also reported that earlier. It is because of some weird reasons only the main gunner of a vehicle can lock on targets. The Hellcat has a gunner besides the pilot. I changed a little of the code so the gunner was able to use the weapon pylons of the Hellcat and the scalpels worked perfectly fine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Yes, I also reported that earlier. It is because of some weird reasons only the main gunner of a vehicle can lock on targets. The Hellcat has a gunner besides the pilot. I changed a little of the code so the gunner was able to use the weapon pylons of the Hellcat and the scalpels worked perfectly fine.

Be good if BIS can fix this - especially if it's a config thing that would hopefully be a comparitively quick fix. Thanks again the_one_and_only_Venator for kindly sending me the Blackfoot mod.

cheers

mentioned it as soon as the loadout was added to the hellcat, no update on it so, we'll see. I'm hoping the next update also brings the in game dynamic loadout. Has anyone tried changing weapons in game yet?

• Like 1