Any chance of getting dynamic loadout module for Zeus?

I think they'll add this, when they'll add "ingame" loadout changer, what we have now is a tech demonstrator.

I would be shocked if it releases in another three weeks from now without an ingame changer and perhaps something for Zeus as well

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

I would be shocked if it releases in another three weeks from now without an ingame changer and perhaps something for Zeus as well

This is actually my greatest fear of this DLC. Releasing without the in game access to Dynamic Loadouts. 

• Like 1

They said they are working on it, and we have three weeks to go. Saul is IIRC the one who introduced the entire concept of changing aircraft loadouts into Arma in the first place (correction, Franze and his amazing Su 17 came a year earlier), it is likely they are just fiddling to "get it right". It might be the big thing for this Friday/Monday or next. My theory is: Showcase, In-Game Loadouts (or swap with showcase), Small Objects. I'm kind of hoping for a surprise weapons pack, but I'm not holding my breath, and it likely won't take long for a USAF or Firewill missilebox plugin for Jets DLC planes to be added in. All the loadout images for the aircraft have been added, and mirroring/presets for fighters can wait. Hopefully this Friday/Monday.

47 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

They said they are working on it, and we have three weeks to go. Saul is IIRC the one who introduced the entire concept of changing aircraft loadouts into Arma in the first place (correction, Franze and his amazing Su 17 came a year earlier), it is likely they are just fiddling to "get it right". It might be the big thing for this Friday/Monday or next. My theory is: Showcase, In-Game Loadouts (or swap with showcase), Small Objects. I'm kind of hoping for a surprise weapons pack, but I'm not holding my breath, and it likely won't take long for a USAF or Firewill missilebox plugin for Jets DLC planes to be added in. All the loadout images for the aircraft have been added, and mirroring/presets for fighters can wait. Hopefully this Friday/Monday.

I wouldn't hold your breath too much, you might pass out. You should be excited because they've mentioned other things like fuel tanks, sniper pods, and possible EW pods in the Dynamic Loadout wiki. Thus, in assuming, there's gotta be more weapons. If not, they not hard to implement.

Even if there isn't a default plane that has EW, simply having an official way of doing it would be so great for the modding scene

16 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

This is actually my greatest fear of this DLC. Releasing without the in game access to Dynamic Loadouts. 

We are still waiting for vanilla squad radar :)

1 minute ago, Rich_R said:

We are still waiting for vanilla squad radar :)

That's probably relevant to the Tac-Ops DLC. They said they're still working on it. May 16 is coming up fast though.

It is, but my point was an example of what you are worried about, they develop something but don't release it because its not 'quite ready for prime time'.

Quite relevant to this discussion and your post.

1 minute ago, Rich_R said:

It is, but my point was an example of what you are worried about, they develop something but don't release it because its not 'quite ready for prime time'.

Quite relevant to this discussion and your post.

True, but I wasn't really saying they should release it regardless of polish to release date. I'm mainly hopeful they can come through with the feature before launch. 

The Shikra is still broken when it comes to DVL, at least I'm unable to get the AGMs working, both in Eden and with scripting. The other vehicles that I tried seems to be fine.

This feature is pretty fun and useful for content creators. Is there any chance for add External Fuel Tank? I want see jettisoning tanks.

On 4/27/2017 at 4:11 PM, Hvymtal said:

Saul is IIRC the one who introduced the entire concept of changing aircraft loadouts into Arma in the first place (correction, Franze and his amazing Su 17 came a year earlier),

Actually, the original concept was done back in the FP days by a dude named "Hawk" if I remember correctly. He made a modification of the BI Ka-50 from Resistance to have multiple loadouts controlled via the action menu. I took this concept and applied it to my own AH-64D as I had been looking for a way to make a 16x HELLFIRE loadout that would still work with ATAS at the time. That spawned the original AH-64 pack that me and Nodunit did in 2005. This was later applied to other aircraft, including an F/A-18A/B/C/D addon I worked on, which became the F/A-18E/F for FP and later ArmA. The Su-17 expanded on this to include some concepts involving guiding munitions and munition scripting. Finally, the AH-64D from 2013 solidified the concept in ArmA2.

Other developments included ACES for FP which was very similar to what we have now, but I don't remember the movers and shakers from that one; not to mention other systems that were developed for ArmA2 which used proxies a bit more efficiently.

Little bit of mod making history for everyone. :)

• Like 8

While the Wildcat can currently load both DAGRs and the Scalpel missiles it cannot do anything with them as there is no way to lock onto a target in any way.  I can do it in the Orca and the Pawnee while using the push-to-lock key when the cursor is on the target but it doesn't seem to work in the Wildcat.

On 3.5.2017 at 10:58 AM, Imperator[TFD] said:

While the Wildcat can currently load both DAGRs and the Scalpel missiles it cannot do anything with them as there is no way to lock onto a target in any way.  I can do it in the Orca and the Pawnee while using the push-to-lock key when the cursor is on the target but it doesn't seem to work in the Wildcat.

It doesn't because the wildcat has a gunner position. I don't know why but only main gunners position seems to be able to lock on targets. I changed the configuration a little so the gunner can use the pylons and it worked perfectly.

• Like 1

i wonder if this could be implemented for other vehicles as well ... like the hunters prowlers etc

2 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

The ATGM on the To-201 Shikra doesn't work. You are not able to select it when flying around.

Download the latest dev update, it can now.

BTW, "Kedge" is the NATO reporting name (of an entirely different missile, at that), Russians wouldn't be calling it that. In fact, the whole designation is wrong. The Kh-2is designated "AS-14 Kedge", and looks like this:

kh-29t_2.jpg

This missile was, IIRC, in ArmA2, and is what the Shikra should probably be carrying. But it's not the missile that's modeled in game. The actual Kh-25 is designated "AS-10 Karen" or, in the anti-radar variant, "AS-12 Kegler", and is quite an antiquated weapon that, (in Russian service, at least) would have been replaced by Kh-38 by 2035. The missile in ArmA3 seems to be a Kh-25, though it would make a lot more sense for it to be either Kh-29 or Kh-38.

• Like 1

maybe its not so easy to tell in the photo but the kh-29 is a massive missile, good luck getting it inside an internal bay.

definitely not something you want to be hauling around more than 2 of at any one time.

im curious why b01 made their own weapons instead of using existing vanilla versions (kh-25/sharur, r-73/sahr-3, etc). having this mix of real weapon names jumbled up with the fictional names is somewhat jarring in its inconsistency.

whatever the reason i hope dynamic loadouts will eventually allow compatibility with vanilla weapons.

Indeed, it's rather large. Su-34 from ArmA2 carried four, I think. Kh-38 would be a better fit for internal bays, it's a modern replacement for Kh-25.

I find it strange that they added new models, too. They've overhauled NATO missiles, so it makes sense to rename them (although the BIM-9X is questionable. Is it a multiplatform missile now?), but CSAT missiles use the same models.

Could maybe do with an 'ordnance' section for the Arsenal, as an extension to the vehicle viewers, with details, capabilities, primary usage about the various missiles, bombs, shells, mortars etc...

Though the Field manual additions would probably be more pertinent.