14 hours ago, UpperM said:

Or simply delete the old aircrafts and keep the news with the Dynamic Load Out with some presets like CAS, Air Superiority ect ...

We simply can't delete old aircrafts, just for backwards compatibility sake.

• Like 5

I like this little QoL implementation with the several pre-defined loadouts:

jZsT5h8.jpg

And now I'm off to Tanoa Fiji for a while so I look forward to seeing all the improvements and additions when I return!

• Like 8

Hi

As Sitrep indicates data-lock can a Dev please comment on WIP loadouts being final or not please? Curious about both the limitations and if the remaining air vehicles (other CSAT drone and the prop airplane) will get any love;-)

Also if they're final could some kind Dev/talented community member please advise on how to customise loadouts via scripting please? I've used the method da12thMonkey kindly provided but can't get it to work with bay loadouts on the Blackfoot. Looking into this did encourage me to add laser designator to Blackfoot which I felt was sorely lacking;-)

Cheers and again good work BIS/B01

On 18/04/2017 at 10:11 PM, Imperator[TFD] said:

And now I'm off to Tanoa Fiji for a while so I look forward to seeing all the improvements and additions when I return!

Be sure to upload some screenshots of your visit! haha

• Like 1

I've just downloaded the latest update. The Shikra can now mount the KH-25, but it can't select it. Also, while the drop-down menus seem to work better now, it seems like the plane's picture moved down, so I can't access some options. I have the UI set to "very small".

1 hour ago, petek said:

Hi

As Sitrep indicates data-lock can a Dev please comment on WIP loadouts being final or not please? Curious about both the limitations and if the remaining air vehicles (other CSAT drone and the prop airplane) will get any love;-)

Also if they're final could some kind Dev/talented community member please advise on how to customise loadouts via scripting please? I've used the method da12thMonkey kindly provided but can't get it to work with bay loadouts on the Blackfoot. Looking into this did encourage me to add laser designator to Blackfoot which I felt was sorely lacking;-)

Cheers and again good work BIS/B01

Scripting it on the Blackfoot worked fine for me, how are you doing it? Once I'm home from work I can take a look at it for you.

• Like 1

Here's a list of issues I noticed in today's dev branch:

1. The Wipeout's DynL GUI is cut off at the bottom.

2. O_UAV_02_DynamicLoadout_F can only have weapons underneath on of the wings

("O_T_VTOL_02_infantry_dynamicloadout_F" has got the same problem as in the video)

4. The Neophron's GUI is also cut off.

5. Neophron is missing presets

6. M12 - Falcon GUI is cut off at the bottom.

7. Mirroring doesn't work properly for the M12 - Falcon

Looking forward to the final result ;)

6 hours ago, noilliz said:

Scripting it on the Blackfoot worked fine for me, how are you doing it? Once I'm home from work I can take a look at it for you.

Hi noilliz
I've adapted the info Da12thMonkey kindly gave so it's not executed in the debug console for the player only but just in the init field for the vehicle:-

for "_x" from 1 to 1 do {this setPylonLoadOut [_x, "PylonRack_3Rnd_LG_scalpel",true,-1]} ; for "_x" from 6 to 6 do {this setPylonLoadOut [_x, "PylonRack_3Rnd_LG_scalpel",true,-1]}

This adds the scalpel racks to the 2 outermost points on the Blackfoots pylons but they're controlled only by the pilot. (I've tried the suggested changing the turret path in the last value from -1 (pilot "turret") to 0 (first crew turret) but it's still pilot controlled. I'm guessing this is the issue. Wish we'd just get the old fuller options back (which we might;-)) but would like to know how to do this for future reference.

Any ideas? Thanks again.

Hi

Anyone else finding ASRAAM are not usable when added as dynamic to Blackfoot? It's fine on the standard one.

thanks

On 20.4.2017 at 2:30 PM, dragon01 said:

I've just downloaded the latest update. The Shikra can now mount the KH-25, but it can't select it. Also, while the drop-down menus seem to work better now, it seems like the plane's picture moved down, so I can't access some options. I have the UI set to "very small".

I have the same problem, looks like the menu isn't scaling correct with the UI size setting.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, petek said:

Hi

Anyone else finding ASRAAM are not usable when added as dynamic to Blackfoot? It's fine on the standard one.

thanks

I'm having no issues with it, try adding it with the following script.

Vehicle player setPylonLoadOut [1, "PylonMissile_1Rnd_AAA_missiles",true,-1];

I assume that this is a known bug, but anyway: Some of the pylon dropboxes in the Wasp jet are blocked and can't be opened.

Also, I hope that the missile variations for the DL vehicles will be increased, e.g, fitting rocket pods on a fighter jet or fitting AGM missiles/bombs instead of AIM9/AIM120s.

8 hours ago, noilliz said:

I'm having no issues with it, try adding it with the following script.

Vehicle player setPylonLoadOut [1, "PylonMissile_1Rnd_AAA_missiles",true,-1];

Hi mate - thanks for replying.

Problem is that adding munitions in using these scripts means they're controlled only by the pilot. (I've tried the suggested changing the turret path in the last value from -1 (pilot "turret") to 0 (first crew turret) but it's still pilot controlled.

I would just love BIS to put back:-

Ability for 3x scalpel and ASRAAM as an option on all helos as a minimum if we're not getting the full options back.

I'll keep experimenting in the meantime but I for one am really unhappy with the restrictions currently. The previous unrestricted ones broadly worked and if you didn't like the clipping/percieved unrealism.... then don't use them;-)

Cheers

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, petek said:

Hi mate - thanks for replying.

Problem is that adding munitions in using these scripts means they're controlled only by the pilot. (I've tried the suggested changing the turret path in the last value from -1 (pilot "turret") to 0 (first crew turret) but it's still pilot controlled.

I would just love BIS to put back:-

Ability for 3x scalpel and ASRAAM as an option on all helos as a minimum if we're not getting the full options back.

I'll keep experimenting in the meantime but I for one am really unhappy with the restrictions currently. The previous unrestricted ones broadly worked and if you didn't like the clipping/percieved unrealism.... then don't use them;-)

Cheers

I agree with keeping the helicopters able to x3 on rockets. 

Anyone else notice the Black Wasp II (Stealth) having two GBU-12s which are not appearing in the Editor loadout dropdown lists?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chortles said:

Anyone else notice the Black Wasp II (Stealth) having two GBU-12s which are not appearing in the Editor loadout dropdown lists?

Can confirm that, and the non-stealth variant has it too. There are two issues:

1. If the Interface scale is set to small, the last internal pylon is not visible (you can only see 4 internal Pylons) This one holds a GBU-12 per default.
  2. There is an additional internal pylon (the mirrored one from the one mentioned in 1.) that does not show up even if the Interface scale is set to normal.

Vr0T1EW.png

Basically the Black Wasp II has 6 internal pylons, holding per default:

• AMRAAM D AA x1
  • AMRAAM D AA x1
  • empty
  • empty
  • GBU-12 LGB x1 (drop down menue not visible when interface scale set to small)
  • GBU-12 LGB x1 (no drop down menue)

Did you guys guys try to use the keyboard for the unaccessible dropdown list options? I could access them earlier with arrow keys and selecting with spacebar.

10 hours ago, peegee said:

Did you guys guys try to use the keyboard for the unaccessible dropdown list options? I could access them earlier with arrow keys and selecting with spacebar.

I tried this, but could not get it to work. Probably because I did it wrong :dozingoff:. I believe I used tab.

The screens are most likely (or should I say hopefully?) just not finished/ready atm. They seem to not work in most UI-Sizes.

Hi BIS - got to say still disappointed that "custom" option still doesn't bring back ASRAAMs and Scalpels (at the very least) to all helos (you can probably guess I'm more focused of helicopters than Jets;-))

I'm kind of assuming the WIP for loadouts is going away from bringing back this option so I'm just going to ask if you can give any hints on how to script the ability back in (especially with the Blackfoot as the script Da12thMonkey kindly provided above still only assigns added weapons in the control of the pilot (guess it's a turret thing....) I'll take that to the scripting forum as I guess it's more appropriate......

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, petek said:

Hi BIS - got to say still disappointed that "custom" option still doesn't bring back ASRAAMs and Scalpels (at the very least) to all helos (you can probably guess I'm more focused of helicopters than Jets;-))

I'm kind of assuming the WIP for loadouts is going away from bringing back this option so I'm just going to ask if you can give any hints on how to script the ability back in (especially with the Blackfoot as the script Da12thMonkey kindly provided above still only assigns added weapons in the control of the pilot (guess it's a turret thing....) I'll take that to the scripting forum as I guess it's more appropriate......

I too am a helo guy and the helicopters should get the same attention to detail as the new dlc. At least the same features. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jnr4817 said:

I too am a helo guy and the helicopters should get the same attention to detail as the new dlc. At least the same features. 

I have to agree. It would be great to have it on helos as well. I love the AT variant of the blackfoot in Kimi's HMD mod-the one that carries ATGM.

• Like 1

@oukej @kllrt

I am currently working on the dynamic loadouts for the CUP, and I think there is something that might not be possible in the current system.

The Little Bird's outer pylons, or the Apache's pylons, can take a variety of pods, including but not limited to

• Hydra launcher
  • Hellfire Rack
  • Stinger Pod

The issue here is, the Hydras should be under Pilot control, while the Hellfire for example should be under gunner control. However, as I see it, the config for the pylon determines who controls the weapon, not, as it should be, the weapon/magazine. 

The config example says

turret[] = {}; // default owner of pylon/weapon, empty for driver

for the pylon config. It also says "default owner". Does that mean that the weapon/magazine CAN indeed override the controlling turret? Or does it simply mean that the default is the driver? If not, can we have the same attribute ("turret[] =...") for the CfgWeapons entry which would override the pylon setting?

Alternatively, an extra checkbox or combo box in the Eden panel to chose the turret (a simple checkbox with "gunner controller" would be sufficient) could be added for this feature.

I think this is a crucial functionality for all community addons, especially for helicopters. I apologize that I only bring it up now, but I didn't have time to look into the dynamic loadouts earlier.

Thanks!

ALSO: Just noticed the Blackfoot cannot use the ASRAAM missiles in the Dynamic Loadout version, they will never pop up. Plus, the DAR rockets are under gunner control, which makes absolutely no sense since they are supposed to be pilot controlled, and are next to useless when you have to rely on a gunner to fire them. This leads me to believe that the above is actually true and there is no way to switch the missiles. That really needs to be fixed :|

Disregard, this was a CUP issue.I should swallow my own medicine, I use to tell people to only report bugs when they are trying without any addons :don9:

• Like 5

Yup - FFARs, gun pods etc. should be pilot controlled and guided munitions should be gunner. Important stuff along with timed flare dump as CM option.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if BIS will address that. Remember, gunner always had control over all weapons on ArmA helos. Even when it didn't make sense, like with rockets and fixed guns.