1 hour ago, Sniperwolf572 said:

a simple "enable all weapons" checkbox allows for advanced usage on demand.

+1 Good proposal, everyone is happy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

+1 Good proposal, everyone is happy

Works for me!

38 minutes ago, Sniperwolf572 said:

You can make things invincible with a click of a button in 3DEN, does that make people think the game is stupid unrealistic crap? Or do they go "hey mission maker, this unit can't be killed, can you fix/change that?".

Hence why I'm okay with having a checkbox for expanding the loadout menu beyond its normal behaviour.

I just don't feel like it should be the default behaviour of the loadout menu since without the initial conditions, there is no point of reference for what loadouts might be more realistic. And various presentation elements of the new aircraft and weapons, such as their side and category become less well defined.

The fact that the smaller outer pylons can load only small single missiles inherently gives the designer the impression that these are lighter, potentially more manoeuvrable munitions with a shorter range than bigger missiles like the Macer and less damage than sticking a GBU on the pylon. And if a plane can only load small, light munitions while another can load lots of big heavy ones on multiple pylons, it creates a characteristic that asset and how it would realistically scale on the battlefield.

Remember that not all planes and helicopters in the game have all the necessary sensor types to employ every weapon effectively. So there is some importance to what planes can load what munitions.

• Like 1

As far as helicopters go, weapon weight should be factored into the flight model when using AFM. I believe that AFM is capable of doing that. That way, an overloaded helo will simply not fly or fly very badly, also creating a tactical choice for players when they'll be able to choose their armament.

For planes, it's not possible, but they're much less restricted in ordnance they can carry, anyway.

10 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Try something like this in the debug console when pausing the game

for "_x" from n1 to n2 do {vehicle player setPylonLoadOut [_x, "PylonRack_Classname",true,-1]}

where n1 and n2 determine the range of pylons you want to fit that weapon to.

e.g. "from 2 to 2" would apply only to the left-outer pylon, "from 1 to 2" would do the two outermost pylons on each wing, "from 1 to 6" would do all the 6 wing pylons on something like the Shikra

It's simpler than writing a new line for every pylon when you want to add several of the same munition on symmetrical pylons.

PylonRack_Classnames (e.g. PylonRack_Missile_BIM9X_x2) can all be found in the config browser under cfgMagazine. Just highlight and Ctrl+C to copy classname from the "Path" field when you click on the name of the munition you want in the browser.

Thanks again for the tip on this - after much fiddling got this mostly to work (told you I love drop down menus ;-)) One area where this doesn't seem to work is for the Blackfoot. I'm guessing this has something to do with the animated bay doors. Missiles appear but cannot be fired. Any tips?  Sorry if this should go in the scripting section - mods please move if you feel appropriate. Thanks again da12thMonkey

8 hours ago, petek said:

One area where this doesn't seem to work is for the Blackfoot

Might be because the pylons are normally controlled by the gunner rather than the pilot. Firewill previously mentioned that using the last variable in the array to change the owner of the pylon, didn't appear to be working as expected.

Try changing the turret path in the last value from -1 (pilot "turret") to 0 (first crew turret) instead

• Like 1

Hello guys , i m bad in english , someone can tell me if BIS add service menu ( like F/A 18 ) for jets ? Thanks guys 

BI and B01:

Can we please get an update to the Dynamic Load out restrictions for the A-149 Gryphon please?

Specifically can we please allow single and double-rack GBU-12s and Mk82s on both pylons as per below images which show the JAS-39 Gripen is more than capable of doing so.

gripen+loaded.jpg

b5f7ffd54d4d97e88527487ecefc22fa.jpg

• Like 2

Wonder if we can get that Quad GBU/ATGM rack that was in the other Gripen photo? The Gripen is a Multi-Role, capable of fulfilling all roles, so i was too surprised the Gryphon was only packing a few Air To Air, and one class of ATGM's. Was thinking Quad rack of small smart bombs would offset not being able to use rockets. 

• Like 1

A little part of me does hope they're gonna introduce a few more weapons like SDB but I'm not holding my breath.  HARM missiles would be sweet as too.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned HARM being on the MFD weapons display in the Black Wasp II somewhere. So that's possible. They did say a few more surprises are in store, and from what I've tested so far, the only thing that would top off the cake for this DLC, for me, are a handful of new munitions, and after burners.

• Like 3

My question ow is, should they clean out the none dynamic units now? Do we really need a AA and CAS unit option for say the Buzzard when we just have the dynamic one?

3 minutes ago, silentghoust said:

My question ow is, should they clean out the none dynamic units now? Do we really need a AA and CAS unit option for say the Buzzard when we just have the dynamic one?

Wouldn't that break all previous missions with old jets in them?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peegee said:

Wouldn't that break all previous missions with old jets in them?

Ah, didn't think about that. Maybe make it a hidden unit instead?

It is possible to add in the pylon loadout, the plane image in the background for a better visualization?

1 hour ago, five_seven5-7 said:

It is possible to add in the pylon loadout, the plane image in the background for a better visualization?

Some planes already have that, I guess they just haven't finished it yet. Here is the Gryphon in the Eden editor.

uDupYjM.png

I don't like "Dynamic loadout" being in the vehicle display name. I would rather the vehicle just be called, for instance, "A-164 Wipeout DL" instead of "A-164 Wipeout [Dynamic Loadout]", or even more simply "A-164 Wipeout"

This "Dynamic Loadout" text takes up a lot of screen real estate and a bit immersion breaking too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

I don't like "Dynamic loadout" being in the vehicle display name. I would rather the vehicle just be called, for instance, "A-164 Wipeout DL" instead of "A-164 Wipeout [Dynamic Loadout]", or even more simply "A-164 Wipeout"

This "Dynamic Loadout" text takes up a lot of screen real estate and a bit immersion breaking too.

I imagine this will be cleared up once the Jet's DLC is out - it is probably just in for now so that there is still mission compatability for old missions whilst using dev branch. 

3 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Or simply delete the old aircrafts and keep the news with the Dynamic Load Out with some presets like CAS, Air Superiority ect ...

----

Some peoples are interested by a menu with Dynamic Loadout in game ? If yes i think to start it for each planes / helo ?

The old vehicles will likely stick around for backwards compatibility purposes. Otherwise, missions that modified vehicle loadouts via script would break with the new vehicles.

What will likely happen is that the old vehicles will be removed from the editor, but will still be around for old missions to use. When that happens, the new vehicles will be renamed to get rid of the dynamic loadout tag.

• Like 1

Yep setting it up like in Virtual Garage same way like we do with soldier loadouts in arsenal with save/load options for pylon presets. Still wondering why they didnt use virtual garage for pylons settings even in EDEN - more difficult to implement i guess?