9 hours ago, Zygzak191 said:

Shouldn't Zephyr be immune to countermeasures then? Or at least more effective because of its active radar?

All Arma 3 vehicles have both flares and chaff.

Can't select some pylon loadout options if they are out of "Pylon settings" eden section.

Here is video with explanation

That is a known issue with the dropdowns.  Use your down arrow key to get to select the options near the bottom.

For anyone who hasn't checked the NATO Falcon drone has dynamic loadout too;-)

• Like 1

Is there any way to test UAVs without owning the relevant DLC? I'm asking not only because I currently can't afford Apex at full price (nor the DLC Bundle 2, for that matter). :) The issue is that with previous DLCs, Steam didn't register them as "owned" until after the official release. I didn't notice that issue during Apex prerelease (guess the drones were overshadowed by VTOL issues), but right now the UACV seems to offer interesting new options, and there should be some way of playtesting it before the official launch date.

Ummm  most likely near the end of testing they will put in all the airframes to for us to test.

They will be staging the airframes to dev branch soon. However, the problem is that you will not be able to buy the DLC until it's released (duh), and you can't (as far as I know) control an UAV you haven't bought (as opposed to manned aircraft, in which you can spawn using Eden). Therefore, it will be impossible to test the UACV until after release.

55 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Is there any way to test UAVs without owning the relevant DLC?

Have you tried using the virtual arsenal/garage (accessed from the main menu)? I believe you can use DLC assets in there even if you don't own the DLC.

• Like 1

The 20mm Gun Pod is in need of a MAD retexture. It looks awfully awkward on everything with the massive shadow on the top side.

10 hours ago, rebel12340 said:

Have you tried using the virtual arsenal/garage (accessed from the main menu)? I believe you can use DLC assets in there even if you don't own the DLC.

Yes, I did. UAV functionality is not available there.

18 hours ago, OlegAckbar said:

Can't select some pylon loadout options if they are out of "Pylon settings" eden section.

Try folding previous sections first (init window, etc.).

Hi BIS - thanks for the Jets stuff to mess around with over the Easter!

Initial feedback on the tweaks to the non-Jets DLC loadouts - please bring back some Air to Air and Large AT missiles for the smaller birds (I realise sensor-wise these may be somewhat unrealistic) but they were welcome additions to the functionality of these helos. Will keep checking and again thanks for the DLC stuff.

Scalpel is closest to a Hellfire, which is mounted on Little Birds IRL, so at least they should stay available for small helicopters.

Edited by Komachi
  • Like 2

The latest patch appears to have broken dynamic loadouts? The new jets have pylon transport components, but the loadout menu isn't appearing in them or any of the other dynamic loadout jets.

3 minutes ago, darkChozo said:

The latest patch appears to have broken dynamic loadouts? The new jets have pylon transport components, but the loadout menu isn't appearing in them or any of the other dynamic loadout jets.

Loadout menus work for me on the DLC Jets and other "Dynamic" classes.

Maybe it's just not where you're expecting to see it: The loadout menu is higher up the Attributes list now (since yesterday IIRC)

21 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Loadout menus work for me on the DLC Jets and other "Dynamic" classes.

Maybe it's just not where you're expecting to see it: The loadout menu is higher up the Attributes list now (since yesterday IIRC)

Oh, wow, now I see it. I think they may have moved it up even further since yesterday; pretty sure it was closer to the health and ammo sliders then.

I wish it was possible to add 2 extra miniguns to the Pawnee =/

On 4/9/2017 at 11:00 AM, firewill said:

turret path parameter is doesn't work with setpylonloadout command or something i did wrong?

vehicle setPylonLoadOut [pylonID, magazine name, forced = false, turret path = []];

i'm trying that command like vehicle player setPylonLoadOut [5, "FIR_GBU38_P_1rnd_M",false,[0]]; but doesn't work because pilot keep handle GBU-38, not a gunner.

Can confirm that turretPath param doesn't work

//UCAV Sentinel
_target = (getConnectedUAV player);
_mag = "PylonMissile_Missile_AGM_02_x2";
_path = [0];
{ 
    _target setPylonLoadOut[_x, _mag,true,_path]; 
} foreach (("true" configClasses (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf (_target) >> "Components" >> "TransportPylonSComponent" >> "pylons") ) apply {ConfigName _x})

I've noticed that the Ababil-3 is missing one pylon in the dynamic loadout. Grayhawk seems fine.

Also, will the Fenghuang be given dynamic loadout capability? I just tried it out and found that the Jian missile would be an interesting addition to CSAT arsenal in general. The drone itself is nice as well (seems to have more engine power than Ababil).

Which brings me to another point - removing lock-on capability from the Jian. It looks like a SACLOS missile (no seeker head) and even acts the part - you can control its flight path by just pointing at the target. With lock-on, it's basically a remodeled Scalpel (unless you notice that it doesn't need locking on), but if it didn't have that capability, it could become a more interesting alternative. In fact, if there were racks equipped with it, it could even replace Scalpel for the OPFOR side. 

42 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

I've noticed that the Ababil-3 is missing one pylon in the dynamic loadout. Grayhawk seems fine.

Also, will the Fenghuang be given dynamic loadout capability? I just tried it out and found that the Jian missile would be an interesting addition to CSAT arsenal in general. The drone itself is nice as well (seems to have more engine power than Ababil).

Which brings me to another point - removing lock-on capability from the Jian. It looks like a SACLOS missile (no seeker head) and even acts the part - you can control its flight path by just pointing at the target. With lock-on, it's basically a remodeled Scalpel (unless you notice that it doesn't need locking on), but if it didn't have that capability, it could become a more interesting alternative. In fact, if there were racks equipped with it, it could even replace Scalpel for the OPFOR side. 

Given the missiles on the Fenghuang are not even really textured it's hard to say what kind of missile they're meant to be.  It doesn't make sense to mount SACLOS missiles on a UCAV with a laser designator.

I think it's passable. Both UAVs and manned combat aircraft currently in game include a designator as a matter of course, regardless of whether they carry LG munitions or not. It might be equipped with SACLOS missiles by default, but it with Dynamic Loadout, there's nothing stopping you from giving it Scalpels or LG bombs instead. LG arty shells are a thing, too.

The texture is somewhat bland, but it would work for SACLOS. They don't have a seeker on the front nor any other distinguishing features, which means the only thing they could be is RC SACLOS (well, that or completely unguided). :) 

It looks on because it was meant to. It's the PLA CSAT alternative to the scalpel, basically, and the missile should be capable of both locking and pointed guidance. 

No, it shouldn't. First, it doesn't have a seeker (those tend to be pretty obvious), as I said before. Second, it's unrealistic, nobody puts two guidance systems on one missile unless it's really long-ranged. Third, it's just plain boring that way. If you want locking, you take the Scalpel. If you want SACLOS, you take the Jian. Right now, the choice doesn't matter. Ideally, if you wanted locking you'd have to take the big AT missiles or maybe the Titan (it'd be really nice to have an aircraft version of it), Scalpel would be LG only and Jian would be SACLOS, to further differentiate them.