Holy crap i just noticed that i can load 24 skapels onto the blackfoot! talk about silent killers! I like the fact that it can carry more than just 1 skapel  but 24 seems a bit over the top and the missile clipping is insane :) maybe a triple rack but loose the ability to use the other hardpoints? 

Just tried, this shouldn't be possible, the center and outer hardpoints clip through the fuselage during opening/closing, and the outer hardpoints clip through even when closed. Wasn't possible earlier, maybe was a mix-up when they implemented the Kajman, individual ones should be okay, though

The inner heavy hardpoints were always able to load 4x skalpels since the AH-99 was given dynamic loadouts and it is a configuration that makes sense, though it does clip a little bit on opening/closing.

A bigger problem is that the skyfires aren't recognized as weapons on the Mi-48 any way you configure it. You can load all four pylons with scalpels but it doesn't seem to know what rockets are :P

Oh yeah, and anything you load onto the #3 and 5 pylons of the Buzzard don't show up unless you're looking at the highest LOD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

Just tried, this shouldn't be possible, the center and outer hardpoints clip through the fuselage during opening/closing, and the outer hardpoints clip through even when closed. Wasn't possible earlier, maybe was a mix-up when they implemented the Kajman, individual ones should be okay, though

The inner heavy hardpoints were always able to load 4x skalpels since the AH-99 was given dynamic loadouts and it is a configuration that makes sense, though it does clip a little bit on opening/closing.

A bigger problem is that the skyfires aren't recognized as weapons on the Mi-48 any way you configure it. You can load all four pylons with scalpels but it doesn't seem to know what rockets are :P

Oh yeah, and anything you load onto the #3 and 5 pylons of the Buzzard don't show up unless you're looking at the highest LOD

I've experienced something different in terms of the Sky Fire's, they load up fine, however, it shows 38 rockets, which only counts for 2 pods out of 4. Once firing them off, it goes to 0, and then resets to 38, im guessing switching to the other 2 pods.

I had that before, but now it refuses to recognize them for me

Are there any script commands to goof around with the dynamic loadout?

Or is it eden gui only?

Cheers

turret path parameter is doesn't work with setpylonloadout command or something i did wrong?

vehicle setPylonLoadOut [pylonID, magazine name, forced = false, turret path = []];

i'm trying that command like vehicle player setPylonLoadOut [5, "FIR_GBU38_P_1rnd_M",false,[0]]; but doesn't work because pilot keep handle GBU-38, not a gunner.

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but I would like to see the UI for the pylon systems brought out of the attributes menu and into the virtual garage, and for the pylons options to be available in 3D similar to how it's done for weapons on units in the virtual arsenal. Would make it generally a lot easier to use than the cramped menu in attributes. Obviously dynamic loadouts are still WIP so this might already be planned for the future.  

• Like 4

Would be awesome if you could open Virtual Garage and actually click on the 3d model pylon position and add stuff to it!

OK, just tested the new dynamic loadouts added to the AH-9 Pawee. I think something is not correct, we are able to load everything on that heli, even 6x macers, which seems kind of crazy to me. Not sure if this is intended or a bug in the config of the pylons

I get the impression that they're moving towards making weapon selection be up to the mission maker. Kind of like how the Virtual Arsenal lets you make wacky soldier loadouts.

I have a question for the devs: are there plans to make the Pawnee's and Hellcat's guns modular like the Orca's is? I understand that you'd probably have to add configs for each individual weapon because the models differ, and that both helis have a much more obvious ammo storage bit on the model than the Orca, but the ability to switch out, or even just get rid of, their guns would be nice to have.

• Like 1

Yes, I hope that they make those customizable, as well. Ideally, the ammo storage would be hidden when the guns are removed. Not much would fit in those spaces (1x Scalpel, perhaps), but modders could replace them with other types of guns.

Also, I'd like the minigun to be available in more places. The second pylon on Orca, outer hardpoints on Pawnee and Hellcat maybe even the Wipeout (as an Easter egg of sorts). :) 

BTW, why don't CSAT dynamic loadouts get the missile from the Apex drone? It's probably not different from Scalpel, but with some work it could be set apart (for example, as SACLOS missile).

3 hours ago, Will_The_Gamer_PT said:

OK, just tested the new dynamic loadouts added to the AH-9 Pawee. I think something is not correct, we are able to load everything on that heli, even 6x macers, which seems kind of crazy to me. Not sure if this is intended or a bug in the config of the pylons

This was done just for testing purposes and we will tweak every single plane to have somewhat realistic loadout :)

41 minutes ago, darkChozo said:

I get the impression that they're moving towards making weapon selection be up to the mission maker. Kind of like how the Virtual Arsenal lets you make wacky soldier loadouts.

I have a question for the devs: are there plans to make the Pawnee's and Hellcat's guns modular like the Orca's is? I understand that you'd probably have to add configs for each individual weapon because the models differ, and that both helis have a much more obvious ammo storage bit on the model than the Orca, but the ability to switch out, or even just get rid of, their guns would be nice to have.

Yes, we plan to change it.

• Like 8

Liking the direction the Dynamic loadouts is going - good work BIS. Would love to see some "bespoke" additions (ie not currently in game) like alternative guns (.50 cals and .50 cal gatling etc..) and combined launcher pods (1xATGM +4 DAGRs) or the FN style .50 cal + 3 DARs..... think they'd look much better cosmetically on the birds with small stub wings.

There are alreadysmaller rockets like the Shrekers and Dave's which fit well on the small birds. The ASRAAM also looks fine on the smaller birds but the other AA missiles like funny as heck due to their size. Of course that probably won't be a thing for long. The Scalpels also fit nicely on the smaller birds.

However, the Hellcat has a locking problem. Cannot lock targets with any of rounds capable of locking. It simply asks the copilot to do so, but no lock is ever obtainable.

Also, does the Pawnee and Hellcat not have a HUD update yet? Seems they don't have CCIP's for corresponding munitions.

Edit: ASRAAM on the Pawnee won't lock. In fact, you can't even switch to the weapon at all.

5 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Edit: ASRAAM on the Pawnee won't lock. In fact, you can't even switch to the weapon at all.

I think ASRAAM only works on Helicopters/Jets with Radar.

Edit: The Zephyr is radar only ASRAAM is IR.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MrCats said:

I think ASRAAM only works on Helicopters/Jets with Radar.

ASRAAM is IR.  The Zephyr is radar.  I found issues trying to use the Zephyr on jets that didn't have radar but did find I could still push-to-lock.

• Like 1

The something-22 works fine on the smaller helicopters. It's the one that kinda looks like a sparrow, isn't too big for the small birds either. 

8 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

The something-22 works fine on the smaller helicopters. It's the one that kinda looks like a sparrow, isn't too big for the small birds either. 

The Falchion-22 is the Aim-9 Sidewinder

The ASRAAM is ....well...the ASRAAM

The Zephyr is the Aim-120 AMRAAM

• Like 2

16 hours ago, petek said:

Liking the direction the Dynamic loadouts is going - good work BIS. Would love to see some "bespoke" additions (ie not currently in game) like alternative guns (.50 cals and .50 cal gatling etc..) and combined launcher pods (1xATGM +4 DAGRs) or the FN style .50 cal + 3 DARs..... think they'd look much better cosmetically on the birds with small stub wings.

In fact I was wondering if a possibility would be to use existing assets on the smaller stub wings - Titan AT and AA in 2 or 4 missile configurations? I know in real lifw Spikes are used on some helicopters?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

ASRAAM is IR.  The Zephyr is radar.  I found issues trying to use the Zephyr on jets that didn't have radar but did find I could still push-to-lock.

Shouldn't Zephyr be immune to countermeasures then? Or at least more effective because of its active radar?

2 hours ago, Zygzak191 said:

Shouldn't Zephyr be immune to countermeasures then? Or at least more effective because of its active radar?

There are two types of ammo for flare launchers, just flares and flares + chaff. I believe most vehicles with a flare launcher are using the flare + chaff magazines.

Would be interesting to check, in theory the flare-only ammo should be useless against radar-based weapons.