The wiki page referes to the forum but not to a specific thread, so I am assuming there is none yet.

Anyway my feedback so far:

"Its great, so great.. greatest dynamic loadout system by far" - Donald Trump

However, the list isn't sorted or grouped in a specific way. Just by adding our "Swedish Forces Pack" bombs, the list starts growing quite a bit. Playing with SFP, RHS and perhaps 2 more mods and this will be a real issue.

Also, in the wiki page there is no reference how to enable it on your own airplane .p3d. I managed to make custom pylons, and custom weapons on the A164 Wipeout but not enabling it on my own plane.

Edited by oukej
changed title, thx for starting topic! :)
  • Like 3

Hey BIS,

I really like the new system and looking forward to see it expanded! But my question is - is there like gonna be possibilty to set up exact number of shells in tanks (APCR/HE/HEAT...), bvp's etc too? or even vehicle weapons like on Hunter NA/MG/GL/RL? or is it gonna stay only at pods for heli's/jets?

• Like 1

So i assume that the weaponry will very depending on Faction. Also, i wonder what kind of UI is planned for the in-game loadout implementation, but i'm assuming it'll be similar to the virtual garage.

As for weapons for factions, the AAF are likely to use both NATO and CSAT gear since they have access to both, while NATO and CSAT will only will only have access to loading up their specific weapons. But it got me thinking, are there plans to add more kinds of munitions? I'm assuming it's not that hard since it's not quite as detailed as say a full fledged vehicle, a new missile or bomb, or gun pod would require far less work to implement, and i'm guessing it's tied to the upcoming Jet/Tank DLC's to lighten to work load in a way (less vehicles, more attachments, just like guns). It would be quite nice to have access to all the weapons NATO uses in the game already. ( Scorcher cluster bombs on the Wipeout anyone?)

Thoughts so far, loving the system, works well for the wipeout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darksidesixofficial said:

So i assume that the weaponry will very depending on Faction. Also, i wonder what kind of UI is planned for the in-game loadout implementation, but i'm assuming it'll be similar to the virtual garage.

As for weapons for factions, the AAF are likely to use both NATO and CSAT gear since they have access to both, while NATO and CSAT will only will only have access to loading up their specific weapons. But it got me thinking, are there plans to add more kinds of munitions? I'm assuming it's not that hard since it's not quite as detailed as say a full fledged vehicle, a new missile or bomb, or gun pod would require far less work to implement, and i'm guessing it's tied to the upcoming Jet/Tank DLC's to lighten to work load in a way (less vehicles, more attachments, just like guns). It would be quite nice to have access to all the weapons NATO uses in the game already. ( Scorcher cluster bombs on the Wipeout anyone?)

Thoughts so far, loving the system, works well for the wipeout.

Scorcher clusters are still rounds though, not bombs or anything, so it wouldn't work on a jet. As for the different faction weapons etc, it seems the Falcon UAV uses the CSAT 3x stack of AGMs, also the Predator Drone thing uses the same. So there's that so far.

Overall awesome feature, keen to see it develop even further! 

• Like 1

Yeah i've been wondering about new missiles and bombs. I figured since the gbu bug where all were dropped stemmed from them adding salvo i guess we'll see at least some dumb bombs on racks. If i remeber correctly they also made it so that cluster rounds were possible for atleast missiles and maybe bombs? So a mpsm round on rockets should be doable to. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, danny96 said:

Hey BIS,

I really like the new system and looking forward to see it expanded! But my question is - is there like gonna be possibilty to set up exact number of shells in tanks (APCR/HE/HEAT...), bvp's etc too? or even vehicle weapons like on Hunter NA/MG/GL/RL? or is it gonna stay only at pods for heli's/jets?

I doubt this have anything to do with helicopters and airplanes getting the possibility for dynamic reloading, but who knows. Most likely this will however be a question for the "Tanks DLC" that is planned later.

• Like 1

So, no ETA on when the other vehicles (helis/jets) will get the Dynamic Loadout system? 

On 2/13/2017 at 10:51 PM, xxgetbuck123 said:

Scorcher clusters are still rounds though, not bombs or anything, so it wouldn't work on a jet. As for the different faction weapons etc, it seems the Falcon UAV uses the CSAT 3x stack of AGMs, also the Predator Drone thing uses the same. So there's that so far.

Overall awesome feature, keen to see it develop even further! 

Also, it's worth noting in the more detailed wiki, they mentioned future things like electronics/fuel pods? So i'm assuming that new classes of munitions, cluster bombs included, aren't quite yet out of the equation. 

• Like 1

Holy crap!  I assume that is custom vehConfig work to get those weapons on there?
Where are those twin 20mm pods from?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Holy crap!  I assume that is custom vehConfig work to get those weapons on there?
Where are those twin 20mm pods from?

Those are from the Buzzard, which I had thought were not proxied onto the Buzzard based on the jet sample's model in the Arma 3 Samples...

• Like 1

The Plamen gunpods, Scalpel, DAGR and AMRAAMs were made accessible in the loadout menu in todays's dev Branch update, even if it's not mentioned on the changelog.

The Plamens are described as a "Test" in the UI, so it might only be interim that these are available for the Wipeout.

Using the Wipeout's PilotCamera TGP laser and the DAGRs is super fun though!

• Like 4

I suppose this will remain air vehicles' proxies only? Or any chance for ground vehicles? I assume turrets are too complex?

• Like 1

I hope Plamens are here to stay, however they seem to have some problems with the sounds. They don't sound like the Buzzard's gun pod.

Also, I'd suggest that for burst-capable weapons (Plamens, rockets), all pylons should be fired when pulling the trigger, not just two. Ideally, they'd fire one pair after the other, so that a quick tap would only release two or four rockets, while holding down the trigger would rain hell down upon whatever is in the line of fire. :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, .kju said:

I assume turrets are too complex?

Yup, I think we can rule them out.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, oukej said:

Yup, I think we can rule them out.

Ah pity.......Would extend the fun with MRAPs and IFV..... a "Moog" type configurable RCWS would have been great;-)

Looking forward to seeing how this extends - particularly for the helicopters - keep up the good work!

cheers

• Like 1

These were my first impressions on working with dynamic loadouts. Keep in mind i only spent a night checking it out, so i could be talking nonsense or there probably exists a solution for one or all of the comments already, but here it goes:
1. One thing that would probably prevent it from being used on aircraft that have copilots is the fact that the owner of a weapon is locked to the pylon set in the vehicle class. So you wouldn't be able to, on an Apahce for example, swap between rockets and hellfires because ideally those would be fired by different pilots. It would be cool if that property was set or tied to a weapon or a magazine instead of the pylon created in the "TransportPylonsComponent" class. That way it would be up to the player to decide via the loadout selection whether the pilot or copilot fires the weapon, regardless of pylon position.

2. On the magazine side of things, it would be nice to see the system expanded so that we could load different types of magazines into the same pylon(different rocket warheads loaded into the same rocket launcher).
On a similar note, in real life, some rocket launchers are loaded onto missile racks(e.g. a hellfire launcher can launch a hellfire but it also can house a rocket launcher that fires its own rockets). I don't know exactly how this could be implemented. I think the problem here, if i'm not mistaken, is that the current system can only spawn in one parent for the selected magazine. Maybe it would work if "hardpoints" could spawn in an actual model(similar to pylon magazines, with the ability to have proxies).

3. One thing i noticed while testing is that the system doesn't account for space restriction. So on the Wipeout, for example, loading 3x missile next to 1x missile looks all right, but loading 3x next to another set of 3 makes them clip through each other. There would need to be a way to dynamically limit what you can load depending on what the neighboring pylons have on them(this reminds of the "dynamicViewLimits" in CargoTurrets). Also there are some missing sounds and particle effects when you use machineguns, but i assume that's all being worked on.

Finally, i can't say how happy i am that we can have animations on proxies now. Really cool to be able to load different guns onto an aircraft and have them work properly.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

For 1, I guess BI might have missed it because they have all weapons under control of the gunner. I'm afraid that this won't exactly be a priority. For 3, it seems to be intended for use by mission designers, for who this is of secondary importance (simply don't set loadouts that cause things to clip). If the system was expanded for player use, though, it'd be a concern. As for 2, yes, it would be nice, but if it entails the rework of the entire weapon handling system (and I think it might), I can live with for example Hellfire racks permanently attached to the helo. Alternatively, if it's possible to make a pylon mount with two kinds of weapons attached, I believe it would work well enough (even if it would entail making a separate model of each useful configuration).

• Like 1

Will this be extended to the rotorwing aircraft? The AH-9 Pawnee could use some TLC, like a custom load out.

• Like 1

Been working on moving our missiles, bombs to dynamic loadout. Really love it, makes life so easier esp when it comes to bombs with custom pylons like the BRU 61. 

dynamic_load.jpg

Still waiting/trying to figure out how I enable this on our own plane, config is set up but don't know how to make them actually visible. 
Just putting a proxy there doesn't seem to help.

dynamic_load2.jpg

• Like 6

full ATG missile loadout clips on wipeout

107410_20170215162344fgx7k.png

15 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

Will this be extended to the rotorwing aircraft? The AH-9 Pawnee could use some TLC, like a custom load out.

This is for all aircraft at the moment. Ground vehicles I believe have been ruled out, at least turret wise. Though keep in mind they've only given us the Wipeout to test for now.

• Like 1

This is gonna be so freaking awesome. Will there be an interface created to allow for vehicles to be loaded in game? Also, a white/black list function for various ordinance would also be good to implement. I can not wait for this to be implemented on the main branch.

Are there scripting command that can import and export vehicle ordinance / weaponry loadouts?

Thank you BIS, I am seriously looking forward to seeing this in game.

2 hours ago, ozdeadmeat said:

Will there be an interface created to allow for vehicles to be loaded in game?

Haven't seen any confirmation thereof, only that such interfaces could lean on/use this system as a foundation, which is understandable IMO considering how much preferences in loadout GUI may vary across the wider community beyond those that speak up here; I for one would like to see a "Pylon/Bay" tab added to Garage alongside Component and Camouflage.

2 hours ago, ozdeadmeat said:

Also, a white/black list function for various ordinance would also be good to implement.

From what I saw this is already possible on a pylon-specific basis, both by pylon maxWeight (vs. magazine mass) and by commonality of a rack/rail in their respective hardpoint arrays (which I recognize is a misnomer/redundancy in the pylon config) even if Bohemia is more generous on that second condition than community modders might be.

• Like 1

Yes, on the Wiki, it details future plans that specifies for the Loadout system to work as it does in real life, this includes live during gameplay. I can only assume the ammunition truck will provide this feature accompanied by some sort of UI. This is what excites me the most, personally.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chortles said:

Haven't seen any confirmation thereof, only that such interfaces could lean on/use this system as a foundation, which is understandable IMO considering how much preferences in loadout GUI may vary across the wider community beyond those that speak up here; I for one would like to see a "Pylon/Bay" tab added to Garage alongside Component and Camouflage.

From what I saw this is already possible on a pylon-specific basis, both by pylon maxWeight (vs. magazine mass) and by commonality of a rack/rail in their respective hardpoint arrays (which I recognize is a misnomer/redundancy in the pylon config) even if Bohemia is more generous on that second condition than community modders might be.

i imagine by whitelist he meant mission side not config side. :)

If the game will allow in-mission payload changes via UI then mission makees should hopefully have a method to control what and how much of each weapon is available. Either by scripting or via module with options.