bolbies

Execute Script on Unit

I am trying to implement the modified Bardosy Automedic with ACE script in the Liberation mission. The problem is the way you buy/hire units. You use a menu that detects the type of units available by going through the config files, not just a simple spawning script. Because of this I don't have an init field for spawned units. Is there a way I can get the mission to autodetect if a player has a medic in the squad and then turn on the automedic script? Thanks!

Hi

I don't know what is bardosy Automedic but here's a simple script that detects medics of certain type in player's group:

_group = group player;

{
if((typeof _x) in ["B_medic_F", "B_recon_medic_F"]) exitwith
{
 // _x is medic, rest of code here
};

} foreach (units _group);

it only works on vanilla medics of west side, edit the medic list for more support.

hope that helps

here's a better way (now without the medic list, checking "attendant" variable instead):

_group = group player;
{
if( getnumber (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeof _x)  >> "attendant") == 1 ) exitWith
{
};

I'm little unsure if "attendant" is in fact what determines medic but this code worked for me.

11 minutes ago, gc8 said:

Hi

I don't know what is bardosy Automedic but here's a simple script that detects medics of certain type in player's group:

_group = group player;

{
if((typeof _x) in ["B_medic_F", "B_recon_medic_F"]) exitwith
{
};

it only works on vanilla medics of west side, edit the medic list for more support.

hope that helps

Another way would be to use: _x getUnitTrait "Medic"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrcurry said:

Another way would be to use: _x getUnitTrait "Medic"

cool didn't know that. I see its a new command..

Sorry for the late reply but thank you both! I used gc8's first method but with mrcurry's getUnitTrait suggestion. It works great!