Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Dynamic Loadout, how to set up the airplane?

9 hours ago, granQ said:

Lots of nice information here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dynamic_Loadouts but not a word on how it shall be done on the vehicle itself.

I am suspecting a proxy, but whats the name, anyone knows?

hi, just add proxy to model "\A3\Weapons_F\DynamicLoadout\PylonPod_3x_Missile_AGM_02_F.p3d"

or create new one and create config

class CfgNonAIVehicles
{
    class ProxyWeapon;
    class ProxyPylonPod_3x_Missile_AGM_02_F: ProxyWeapon
    {
        model = "\A3\Weapons_F\DynamicLoadout\PylonPod_3x_Missile_AGM_02_F.p3d";
        simulation = "pylonpod";
    };
};

but because it's still WIP, it could change.

@Jakub BXBX Horyna Thanks for the input, but creating a new what exactly? Also, I have a question regarding "just add proxy to model": the Wipeout (CAS) and Wipeout (Dynamic Loadout) currently call the same model="\A3\Air_F_EPC\Plane_CAS_01\Plane_cas_01_F.p3d"; so was the aircraft model itself changed with the PylonPod_3x_Missile_AGM_02_F.p3d proxy you mentioned?

12 hours ago, chortles said:

but creating a new what exactly?

A new cfgNonAIVehicles proxy class with pylonpod simulation for any custom armament proxies you're displaying in the model. Proxy class must be called Proxyp3dFilename

Armament proxies have always worked by virtue of the proxy index number and their simulation (formerly MaverickWeapon and now pylonpod) as stated by the biki article:

This says to engine that model PylonPod_3x_Missile_AGM_02_F - used as proxy in parent model - is the place for an item under pylon.

I assume this

Proxy ID corresponds with ID in config and script command to determine where to draw the item.

Refers to something like the maverickWeaponIndexOffset value? Which I guess needs to be 0 now for all cfgAmmo classes using the dynamic loadout system?

Am wondering though, do we need a tools update for the new Animation Sources stuff on the Dynamic Loadouts biki page to work or to create .p3d versions where the above pylonpod proxy stuff is read?

Sorry but this isn't what I was wondering, or I am missunderstanding.

First you have a Airplane.p3d, then you have a customPylon.p3d and last Missile.p3d.

What is refered above is the "customPylon.p3d", which is cool and neat feature but what I am wondering is what to enter in Airplane.p3d.

I managed to get my customPylon to show up on the A10, but not a bis or my own Pylon to show on airplane.3d