13 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Yes! :hehe: All settings after line 81 of settings.sqf are applied only to (never finished) WW4 Extended mod version which used ExtFX framework. This (again - never finished) WW4Ext+ExtFX mod should not be confused with ExtFX coupled with ExtFX-WW4Ext model pack which is available in first post. Let's just say that Kenoxite is a big fan of Yo Dawg! meme:wink_o:

I guess that makes sense. Pity it was never finished  but oh well :)

Also, just wanted to ask another thing: Does anyone know if it's possible to tailor the definitions replacement file to my own taste? I tried using it to replace all the US Soldiers with HYK models, but can't quite figure out how to make the special HYK 'Sections' work in it.

As in, the "model=blabla.p3d" works, but the HiddenSelections do not since I need to define the said 'Sections' somewhere in the 'definitions' file. But can't wrap my head around it.

It's in the CONFIG MODELS part of definitions.hpp (line 15). I guess you're using vanilla definitions, so check out WW4 or WW4EXT versions of the file - it'll give you a hint of what to do (you need to copy relevant parts of HYK's CfgModels config - one could assume that game should load this entries automatically from HYK config, but it's not the case).

If you'll have any problems, send me a PM.

53 minutes ago, krzychuzokecia said:

It's in the CONFIG MODELS part of definitions.hpp (line 15). I guess you're using vanilla definitions, so check out WW4 or WW4EXT versions of the file - it'll give you a hint of what to do (you need to copy relevant parts of HYK's CfgModels config - one could assume that game should load this entries automatically from HYK config, but it's not the case).

If you'll have any problems, send me a PM.

Thanks for the tips! I shall write you a PM to avoid hijacking this thread further. :)

Whenever I play THobson"s (super amazing) Abandoned Armies mission, I ALWAYS get this crash when loading a save game using this mod (and this mod only). This is extremely frustrating... Anybody got any resolution to this? 

ZgiQj8Q.png

Does anyone know how to make a replacement vehicle that has an unique random number script work with Extended Effects?

Example: For my personal use, I have replaced the BIS tank with an RHS tank through the EE config.

At first I thought just defining the "model=" would be enough but problem is, the RHS tank has the said number script and without it there is some weird blurred texture on its side where the designation number is supposed to be. I found the init script that seems to govern it(RHS_T80_Numbers=loadFile "\RHS_T80Pack_Scripts\RAE_T80_Numbers.sqf), but it does not work with EE, because it will replace its own init startup scripts.

I tried to find what file or config line governs the EE starting scripts and even tried to input the RHS tank script in the eh_land.sqs inside the ext_scripts.pbo, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Even vice versa when I try to write EE scripts into the tank addon, it doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong here? Have I maybe forgot to define something somewhere? Is it possible to merge two different inits together? And which file/line am I supposed to look for? Thanks.

• Confused 1

Damn so there's no solution to the crashing when playing this mod with Abandoned Armies?

Edit: Nevermind... I may have found a solution from the OFPEC forums... https://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=21792.1305

1wPjI36.png

Edit 2: HOORAH!!! This fix works! Albeit takes a little work to just load a save... well worth the effort to play the best mission in the game though!

On 6/8/2018 at 8:21 PM, Deathstruck said:

Does anyone know how to make a replacement vehicle that has an unique random number script work with Extended Effects?

Example: For my personal use, I have replaced the BIS tank with an RHS tank through the EE config.

At first I thought just defining the "model=" would be enough but problem is, the RHS tank has the said number script and without it there is some weird blurred texture on its side where the designation number is supposed to be. I found the init script that seems to govern it(RHS_T80_Numbers=loadFile "\RHS_T80Pack_Scripts\RAE_T80_Numbers.sqf), but it does not work with EE, because it will replace its own init startup scripts.

I tried to find what file or config line governs the EE starting scripts and even tried to input the RHS tank script in the eh_land.sqs inside the ext_scripts.pbo, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Even vice versa when I try to write EE scripts into the tank addon, it doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong here? Have I maybe forgot to define something somewhere? Is it possible to merge two different inits together? And which file/line am I supposed to look for? Thanks.

You're probably doing it correctly already if you're seeing something where the numbers should be. The problem is OFP/CWA has seriour problems rendering those kind of textures on the fly. Or to be more precise, to render them as sharply as you would expect.

The trick I had to use in order to display the numbres in ExtFX without blurriness was to include absolutely all the textures of the numbers inside the models of the vehicles that use it. Otherwise some people will experience what you have. And I say some people because, for some reason, it works OK for some (not for me, though).

So, what can you do? Well, you could create a new object (in Oxygen) that only contains those numbers and manually place it somewhere on the map, so the numbers are loaded into memory from the start of the mission. That won't help with campaing misisons or the like, though. Or you could fiddle with texture sizes, decals, etc in the OFP options. That sometimes made it work for me, but not consistently.

Anyway, it's been years since I've touched anything OFP related (nor plan to TBH), but I was browsing these forums and thought I'd chime in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, kenoxite said:

You're probably doing it correctly already if you're seeing something where the numbers should be. The problem is OFP/CWA has seriour problems rendering those kind of textures on the fly. Or to be more precise, to render them as sharply as you would expect.

The trick I had to use in order to display the numbres in ExtFX without blurriness was to include absolutely all the textures of the numbers inside the models of the vehicles that use it. Otherwise some people will experience what you have. And I say some people because, for some reason, it works OK for some (not for me, though).

So, what can you do? Well, you could create a new object (in Oxygen) that only contains those numbers and manually place it somewhere on the map, so the numbers are loaded into memory from the start of the mission. That won't help with campaing misisons or the like, though. Or you could fiddle with texture sizes, decals, etc in the OFP options. That sometimes made it work for me, but not consistently.

Anyway, it's been years since I've touched anything OFP related (nor plan to TBH), but I was browsing these forums and thought I'd chime in.

Thanks for the answer! Didn't expect to have the creator himself show up. :)

Although I should probably clarify that after some testing, the "blurred" texture is actually the result of *not* using the number script and just leaving it as it is bare bones, since the RHS tank on default seems to have a defined texture through Oxygen and without the script being used, it's just some blur that does not even resemble any number shape.

About my issue: as I've understood it - ExtFX seems to have its own global init scripts that start everytime  a mission or editor is loaded. What or where it needs to be edited so that the RHS number scripts (RAE_T80_Numbers.sqf) become part of that global init startup too?

I tried doing it through an .pbo in Addons folder with its own config inside it , but the problem is the script in it will overwrite ExtFX effects because it seems to take precedence over the mod config. :/

9 hours ago, kenoxite said:

Since you're back for a while, could you point out to me on what I have to do to disable the resource eating vehicle burn script for this mod?  I came up with a temporary solution by disabling bis' melting effects by using GRAA's config lines, but it's not exactly stable... 

pTqD2Qq.png

I can't figure this out for the life of me...

On 6/11/2018 at 9:24 AM, Marc13Bautista said:

Since you're back for a while, could you point out to me on what I have to do to disable the resource eating vehicle burn script for this mod?  I came up with a temporary solution by disabling bis' melting effects by using GRAA's config lines, but it's not exactly stable... 

pTqD2Qq.png

I can't figure this out for the life of me...

If anybody could figure this out, then I'd appreciate it. Really. 

All effects are initialized by init EH scripts which can be found in EXT_scripts.pbo - the ones you're interested in are eh_land.sqs and eh_air.sqs. Naturally, after modifying these files don't expect MP compability with users of non-modified ExtFX.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

All effects are initialized by init EH scripts which can be found in EXT_scripts.pbo - the ones you're interested in are eh_land.sqs and eh_air.sqs. Naturally, after modifying these files don't expect MP compability with users of non-modified ExtFX.

I'm not exactly sure how to edit these sqs files though. I get this with notepad.

V91eNlH.png

Opens up fine and dandy for me. Looks like you've got some weird encoding error. In which case, I don't really now what to do, and honestly this isn't a time and place to troubleshoot your Windows issues. Surely it's not the fault of ExtFX.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Opens up fine and dandy for me. Looks like you've got some weird encoding error. In which case, I don't really now what to do, and honestly this isn't a time and place to troubleshoot your Windows issues. Surely it's not the fault of ExtFX.

Yeah, I've no clue what's up with mine. Is there a solution to this?

Maybe it's just unicode/utf issue, try to change your notepad's.exe fonts settings.

The file may be corrupted, so it's better to download an archive once again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hitman1987 said:

Maybe it's just unicode/utf issue, try to change your notepad's.exe fonts settings.

The file may be corrupted, so it's better to download an archive once again.

Thank you. I'll try that after giving the Vano Mod a go.

Edit: Didn't work. I'm using 7zip. Is that a problem?

19 hours ago, hitman1987 said:

Eliteness is the one i use. Winpbo is onboard too.

Mind passing me the download to Eliteness?  I'm unable to find the "DePbo.dll." "Note that this exe requires DePbo.dll and is NOT supplied in this package."

On 2/10/2018 at 6:36 AM, Marc13Bautista said:

Mind passing me the download to Eliteness?  I'm unable to find the "DePbo.dll." "Note that this exe requires DePbo.dll and is NOT supplied in this package."

It's inside this package: ftp://ftp.armedassault.info/ofpd/utils/ofpetools.zip

If you want to decrypt mission pbos you may use Amalfi's tool as well. His DePbo does a great job.

• Like 2

On 17.12.2017 at 1:43 AM, Marc13Bautista said:

Put up a new version of the compatibility patch to fix any messy animations! http://www.mediafire.com/file/su0j6o49hys5y1a/Extended Effects and Dezoom_animV01 Compatibility Config (v.2.0).zip

Also removed dust trails of vehicles... If one doesn't desire to have this, they may simply go to the original config and copy and paste the "dust=#" per land parameter.

Does anyone have this? Link is no more and I didn't save it unfortunately... Thanks.

On 1/28/2019 at 7:37 AM, lhstler said:

Does anyone have this? Link is no more and I didn't save it unfortunately... Thanks.

You can use my modpack! It has the dezoom animations integrated into them already. I think.

Hello i have an issue with this mod, whenever the AI uses radio (like 12 o'clock enemy 500, etc), my game will crash, so right now i can only play solo mission,

here is the crash log in case it can help you

Crashlog

As you can see, im playing on a linux laptop, and have no issues at all when playing the vanilla version (unmodded)

any help would be appreciated, thanks !

so id really want to try this mod out on my fresh installed vanilla ARMA CWA rn, but i get this error message:

Preprocessor failed on file resource.cpp - error 1

whats this and how do i fix it? 

thank you.

Edit as of April 20: nevermind this post actually, i figured out my problem. i love this mod, everything is perfect, imo. the bullet crackling is the best thing ever, war is now even more exciting in ofp. 

Edited by Guest
correction

I have extfx_WW4Ext installed, but only part of vehicle models are replaced.

Does anyone have this problem?