5 hours ago, Marc13Bautista said:

rip :sad:

Cut addon makers some slack, content is made for free. Its a hobby to most. Updates will arrive when they are ready. 

• Like 2

How would people compare this to ECP mod>

On 6. 5. 2017 at 2:01 PM, Josh_F said:

How would people compare this to ECP mod>

Basically, it does what ECP doesn't do, and vice versa with few exceptions (bouncy grenades, for instance). I haven't played for a while but from what I remember, I enjoy an AI in ECP which feels more lively (is also more likely to finnish the mission in MP when player dies) and great tank sounds (turret turns etc.). Ext FX is awsome for WW4 EXT visuals (great models and even animated barrell recoil for most of the tanks) and realistic supersonic bullet cracks and tracers which can bounce sometimes. Dust effects are cool too in FX mod -- a lot of small arms sound more agressive and seem like creating pressure wave blowing the dust and it even comes of the boots of running soldiers here and there. Sadly there are no impact craters like in ECP though and there are lot of such instances where you miss something from one or the other... Currently I use ECP with WW4 EXT models but even then it doesnt feel complete, having tried the Ext FX :)

• Like 1

Finally tried it and it is amazing. It's like a mix of SLX and ECP also with good customization and some extra features.

On 22.11.2017 at 4:28 AM, Marc13Bautista said:

I just wished it was being updated once more...

So is there anything that actually needs updating/fixing? From what I know all the features that Kenoxite planned are already in, and working A-OK. The only thing which was left do to, was updating WW4Ext so it would use ExtFX as a base mod. However that's out of the scope of ExtFX itself.

Truth be told, I don't think there will be any updates to ExtFX and WW4Ext in forseeable future. Kenoxite, from my last talk with him, left the modding scene and focused on job/family. On my side, I'm complete noob in advanced scripting which is what ExtFX really is. I probably could make some small changes to WW4Ext, but then again: I don't have enough of free time currently for such a big project, and I don't really feel like messing with Kenoxite's legacy. The only thing related to Ext, that I'm planning to do is updating documentation with latest class-names of units, vehicles and weapons. Otherwise, I wouldn't hold my breath for any other changes.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

So is there anything that actually needs updating/fixing? From what I know all the features that Kenoxite planned are already in, and working A-OK. The only thing which was left do to, was updating WW4Ext so it would use ExtFX as a base mod. However that's out of the scope of ExtFX itself.

Truth be told, I don't think there will be any updates to ExtFX and WW4Ext in forseeable future. Kenoxite, from my last talk with him, left the modding scene and focused on job/family. On my side, I'm complete noob in advanced scripting which is what ExtFX really is. I probably could make some small changes to WW4Ext, but then again: I don't have enough of free time currently for such a big project, and I don't really feel like messing with Kenoxite's legacy. The only thing related to Ext, that I'm planning to do is updating documentation with latest class-names of units, vehicles and weapons. Otherwise, I wouldn't hold my breath for any other changes.

Well, that explains a lot! I guess the mod is already good as is then. 

9 hours ago, lhstler said:

A config for with dezoom's new death animations would be good.

Here is the link for anims: http://www.flashpoint.ru/resources/Пак-анимаций-смерти-v-0-1-beta.650/ click the big yellow button to download

I don't think it's possible... I heard somewhere long ago that these added death animations break the game... somehow... with ctds.

On 26.11.2017 at 11:04 PM, Marc13Bautista said:

I don't think it's possible... I heard somewhere long ago that these added death animations break the game... somehow... with ctds.

Can you provide a link? I tested dezoom anim with vanilla campaigns and it had no ctds or bugs or whatever. 

Moreover, Dezoom has instructions how to include anims in any config but last time I tried I messed things up. I guess someone with a little knowledge of hof configs work can get OP's permission and do this easily.

One more thing: 

AI units will stand up, crouch or go prone depending on the nearby objects

Is it possible to disable prone stance at all for AI units and player? Probably it will be easier to just replace prone animation with a crouch one.

Going prone slows down units for no reason (in the forest and so on) and they often get killed when going prone. 

10 minutes ago, lhstler said:

Can you provide a link? I tested dezoom anim with vanilla campaigns and it had no ctds or bugs or whatever. 

Moreover, Dezoom has instructions how to include anims in any config but last time I tried I messed things up. I guess someone with a little knowledge of how configs work can get OP's permission and do this easily.

One more thing: 

Is it possible to disable prone stance at all for AI units and player? Probably it will be easier to just replace prone animation with a crouch one.

Going prone slows down units for no reason (in the forest and so on) and they often get killed when going prone. 

2 hours ago, lhstler said:

Moreover, Dezoom has instructions how to include anims in any config but last time I tried I messed things up. I guess someone with a little knowledge of hof configs work can get OP's permission and do this easily.

One more thing: 

Sorry, bud but I don't remember the link nor how to disable prone.

One way would be to redirect the actions. Either from a "mod" config. Or a new CfgMoves class.

Example:

class CombatActions:NoActions
            {
            stop="Combat";
            default="Combat";
            stopRelaxed="CombatRelaxed";
            reloadMagazine="CombatReloadMagazine";
            reloadMGun="CombatReloadMGun";
            reloadMortar="CombatReloadMortarStart";
            throwGrenade="CombatThrowGrenadeStart";
            walkF="CombatWalkF";
            walkLF="CombatWalkLF";
            walkRF="CombatWalkRF";
            walkL="CombatWalkL";
            walkR="CombatWalkR";
            walkLB="CombatWalkLB";
            walkRB="CombatWalkRB";
            walkB="CombatWalkB";
            slowF="CombatRunF";
            slowLF="CombatRunLF";
            slowRF="CombatRunRF";
            slowL="CombatRunL";
            slowR="CombatRunR";
            slowLB="CombatRunLB";
            slowRB="CombatRunRB";
            slowB="CombatRunB";
            fastF="CombatSprintF";
            fastLF="CombatSprintLF";
            fastRF="CombatSprintRF";
            fastL="CombatRunL";
            fastR="CombatRunR";
            fastLB="CombatRunLB";
            fastRB="CombatRunRB";
            fastB="CombatRunB";

down="Lying";  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
            up="Crouch";
            lying="Lying";
            combat="Combat";
            crouch="Crouch";
            stand="Stand";
            civil="Civil";
            civilLying="CivilLying";
            die="CombatDead";
            weaponOn="Weapon";
            binocOn="Binoc";
            binocOff="Combat";
            handGunOn="HandGunStand";
            takeFlag="CombatToTakeFlag";
            putDown="PutDown";
            medic="Medic";
            treated="Treated";
            strokeFist="";
            strokeGun="CombatStrokeGun";
            turnL="CombatTurnL";
            turnR="CombatTurnR";
            turnLRelaxed="CombatTurnLRelaxed";
            turnRRelaxed="CombatTurnRRelaxed";
            getInCar="CombatGetInCar";
            getOutCar="Combat";
            getInTank="CombatGetInTank";
            getOutTank="CombatGetOutTank";
            turnSpeed=8;
            limitFast=5.5;
            upDegree=manposcombat;
            };

You could change "down="Lying";" to down="crouch"; This will redirect to the crouch state. It's not the simplest of subjects. So it's important to keep track of your changes. Make some changes to one class, and try them out before moving on. A change in one area can have a knock-on effect elsewhere. But that shouldn't put you off experimenting.

The down side is that this isn't something dynamic. It's one or the other. Crouch or prone. There's no way to access a config at runtime as far as I'm aware.

On 26. 11. 2017 at 11:48 AM, lhstler said:

A config for with dezoom's new death animations would be good.

Here is the link for anims: http://www.flashpoint.ru/resources/Пак-анимаций-смерти-v-0-1-beta.650/ click the big yellow button to download

Nice. I think Liberation mod included these too.

I kinda tried to merge them with various mods (mostly WW4 and PRMod) but always failed because the instructions are in russian, and even with google translate I am not very good at this. :/

About dezoom anim here is a discussion thread with some advice (google translate is ok) : http://www.flashpoint.ru/threads/dezoom-анимации-смерти.28065

There are attached downloadable configs for FDF, CSLA and Libmod in that thread.

What is important :

- to prevent "stuck in ground" bug with pistol anim config should be .bin
-  It is not enough to specify animation classes. It is also necessary to indicate their operation in other classes of animations via interpolateTo [] =. And you also need to set the probability of triggering an animation through variantsPlayer [] =.

Classes:
The following animation classes are added:
CombatDyingVer4
CombatDyingVer5
CombatDyingVer6
CombatRunDyingVer3
CombatRunDyingVer4
CombatRunDyingVer5
CombatRunDyingVer6
CrouchDyingVer2
CrouchDyingVer3
CrouchDyingVer4
LyingDyingVer2
LyingDyingVer3
LyingDyingVer4
LyingDyingVer5
LyingDyingVer6
StandDyingVer3
StandDyingVer4
WeaponDyingVer3
WeaponDyingVer4
WeaponDyingVer5

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lhstler said:

About dezoom anim here is a discussion thread with some advice (google translate is ok) : http://www.flashpoint.ru/threads/dezoom-анимации-смерти.28065

There are attached downloadable configs for FDF, CSLA and Libmod in that thread.

What is important :

- to prevent "stuck in ground" bug with pistol anim config should be .bin
-  It is not enough to specify animation classes. It is also necessary to indicate their operation in other classes of animations via interpolateTo [] =. And you also need to set the probability of triggering an animation through variantsPlayer [] =.

Classes:
The following animation classes are added:
CombatDyingVer4
CombatDyingVer5
CombatDyingVer6
CombatRunDyingVer3
CombatRunDyingVer4
CombatRunDyingVer5
CombatRunDyingVer6
CrouchDyingVer2
CrouchDyingVer3
CrouchDyingVer4
LyingDyingVer2
LyingDyingVer3
LyingDyingVer4
LyingDyingVer5
LyingDyingVer6
StandDyingVer3
StandDyingVer4
WeaponDyingVer3
WeaponDyingVer4
WeaponDyingVer5

Thanks for the help! I managed to create a compatibility patch for these death anims to work with (ww4) Extended Effects. Took quite a while of editing the config.cpp to add in the above accordingly without any errors.

14 hours ago, Deathstruck said:

Nice. I think Liberation mod included these too.

I kinda tried to merge them with various mods (mostly WW4 and PRMod) but always failed because the instructions are in russian, and even with google translate I am not very good at this. :/

I think you should try it out!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dazdxt2lhadjsgw/WW4EXT+ Dezoom_animV01 Compatibility Config.zip

Edited by Marc13Bautista
ww4 extended effects not just base ww4 extended :P
  • Like 1

Thanks but I don't use WW4 extended. Could you make a config for this mod: Extended Effects? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, lhstler said:

Thanks but I don't use WW4 extended. Could you make a config for this mod: Extended Effects? Thanks in advance.

Actually, this is for extended effects! My bad on that error.

• Like 1

Put up a new version of the compatibility patch to fix any messy animations! http://www.mediafire.com/file/su0j6o49hys5y1a/Extended Effects and Dezoom_animV01 Compatibility Config (v.2.0).zip

Also removed dust trails of vehicles... If one doesn't desire to have this, they may simply go to the original config and copy and paste the "dust=#" per land parameter.

16 hours ago, Marc13Bautista said:

Put up a new version of the compatibility patch to fix any messy animations! http://www.mediafire.com/file/su0j6o49hys5y1a/Extended Effects and Dezoom_animV01 Compatibility Config (v.2.0).zip

Also removed dust trails of vehicles... If one doesn't desire to have this, they may simply go to the original config and copy and paste the "dust=#" per land parameter.

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma Cold War Assault\coldwarassault.exe
Exe version: Fri Jul 05 17:35:00 2013

ErrorMessage: 'config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Intro.INTRO_WORLD': 'a' encountered instead of '='

Not sure where your a would be instead of the =. This is oddly strange as I know you would have tested and checked before uploading. With this config, it's giving me that error, not sure why. I can maybe look for it.

(Well first I backed up the old config before replacing it with the new one)

3 hours ago, Revan9190 said:

== C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma Cold War Assault\coldwarassault.exe
Exe version: Fri Jul 05 17:35:00 2013

ErrorMessage: 'config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Intro.INTRO_WORLD': 'a' encountered instead of '='

Not sure where your a would be instead of the =. This is oddly strange as I know you would have tested and checked before uploading. With this config, it's giving me that error, not sure why. I can maybe look for it.

(Well first I backed up the old config before replacing it with the new one)

I'll check it out. I don't recall touching that part.

Edit: I don't have that startup error... Are you sure it isn't on your part?

2 hours ago, Marc13Bautista said:

I'll check it out. I don't recall touching that part.

Edit: I don't have that startup error... Are you sure it isn't on your part?

I'll check. :S

• Haha 1

Sorry for ressurecting this thread, but I noticed there was an option in the settings.sqf file that (apparently) added rucksacks to the AI.

Yet after setting it true, the AI soldiers don't seem to have any? Am I missing something here? :eh:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Deathstruck said:

Am I missing something here?

Yes! :hehe: All settings after line 81 of settings.sqf are applied only to (never finished) WW4 Extended mod version which used ExtFX framework. This (again - never finished) WW4Ext+ExtFX mod should not be confused with ExtFX coupled with ExtFX-WW4Ext model pack which is available in first post. Let's just say that Kenoxite is a big fan of Yo Dawg! meme:wink_o:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1