Praise the lords of sound it's Jarhead himself!

Glad to see you return man, JSRS enhances the Arma experience on so many levels and I'm excited to hear you will continue with it AND that your making some coin doing this awesome work!

Yes! Great news!

So happy you decided to return man, Arma isn't Arma without LordJar 😉

im deaf for a while without JSRS but im glade to use my ears again 🙂

Wow... Glad I missed you leaving! I would have had to crack some heads to get you back. 😄 Glad youre back Jarhead. You're actually one of the best in the whole of the Arma modding community! Glad youre back. Hope youre here for a long time into Arma 4,5,6,7...…. 

Hello, 

Thank you all for the kind words. 😊

I'll update you soon with a video demonstrating some of the new sounds. Also I am aiming for the last couple of issues. 

On Steam, some people said their game crashed multiple times when playing with JSRS and flying jets or vtols. Can someone confirm that? I haven't noticed it yet. 

LJ 

• Like 9

I did have several CTD's yesterday when playing with friends, once while flying a Xi'an and again while they were just flying around, and a few of my friends also experienced CTD's, though I'll have to ask if they use JSRS.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Hello, 

Thank you all for the kind words. 😊

I'll update you soon with a video demonstrating some of the new sounds. Also I am aiming for the last couple of issues. 

On Steam, some people said their game crashed multiple times when playing with JSRS and flying jets or vtols. Can someone confirm that? I haven't noticed it yet. 

LJ 

Been playing in Liberation and also Antistasi. Hadn't really noticed any, but I'll try again with the team. Is the bug report strictly for vanilla vehicles or jsrs support of rhs vehicles too?

11 hours ago, yokhanan said:

Been playing in Liberation and also Antistasi. Hadn't really noticed any, but I'll try again with the team. Is the bug report strictly for vanilla vehicles or jsrs support of rhs vehicles too?

Hey Jobo, 

the ctd happened with vanilla jets/vtols as far as I know. And my support for RHS vehicles was and is very limited. I do CUP vehicles tho but no one mentioned any issues there. 

Thanks for testing. Let me know what you find 🙂

LJ 

4 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Hey Jobo, 

the ctd happened with vanilla jets/vtols as far as I know. And my support for RHS vehicles was and is very limited. I do CUP vehicles tho but no one mentioned any issues there. 

Thanks for testing. Let me know what you find 🙂

LJ 

Welcome back, dude!

And regarding the ctd: That's interesting - We're having the same issues with Iron Front, but for us it's only tanks.

Afaik you're using ogg files and I use wss, so it can't really be encoding-related, must be some veeery specific config thingy the engine can't handle.

Forwarded multiple reports to BI but no luck in finding anything so far.

Let's keep eachother informed!

3 hours ago, laxemann said:

Welcome back, dude!

And regarding the ctd: That's interesting - We're having the same issues with Iron Front, but for us it's only tanks.

Afaik you're using ogg files and I use wss, so it can't really be encoding-related, must be some veeery specific config thingy the engine can't handle.

Forwarded multiple reports to BI but no luck in finding anything so far.

Let's keep eachother informed!

Will do, mate! I'll take a look at this today and report back if I can find anything. 

Thanks, 

LJ 

Yes the strange CTD when flying...I've had it for years. 

4 or more diff installs of the game across 3 totally different HW platforms, AMD then I7 4790k and now 8700k.

So far playing A3 vanilla with no mods allows me to fly my Kajman all day if I want with out issue ( editor placed combat units, triggers and other boring crap).

This is an inconclusive mess but here I go...

With just JSRS, I have not seen it crash yet in my latest attempts to figure out wtf it is. Approaching 2 hours of flight time, no hiccups.

With JSRS and TPW ( civs, park, cars, light, Soap, air, animals, radio, hud, Skirmish set to 1 OPFOR sqd and vehicle) I've had it CTD seldomly.

Just TPW = no CTD ( thousands of ingame hours running TPW)

With JSRS, TPW and RAVAGE/CBA, it'll crash every session if I fly the Kajman ( 8 ai sqd, load them up and go for a cruise) and engage targets at some point.  I am unable to construct the steps or the situation exactly that makes it CTD  -BUT-

I have noticed it frequently happens if I am hitting AutoHover, zoomed or zooming in ( as pilot) telling AI gunner to target X and he is swing the weapon around theeeen just about to shoot and CTD, that's happened dozens of times. Other times it sort of random. Hell I've even CTD while in a tank/APC/vehicle with those 3 mods running BUT not every session.

I have not gotten around to just RAVAGE to see if it alone will CTD me if I'm flying a heli... I hung the towel up on all of it lol and decided to play Spookwarcom stuff for a while and just JSRS active... so far alls running great.

EDIT: Just CTD running JSRS, TPW ( SOAP, Skirmish, Radio) and spookwarcom, no Ravage... So it's all not so much about the actual mod but the situation I'm thinking/guessing.  I again was flying around, landing and completing tasks for over an hour.  I then flew up to this last task and there was some technicals and a couple of infantry squads, I engaged the technicals at range no prob then I was creeping in to get my gunner to target the infantry on the other side of some shrubs - zoomed in, hit X the auto hover the bird and began to draw a bead on their location, hit T and the gunner swung the turret and POOF, CTD.  So I got no damn clue haha but it doesn't on my end seem to be JSRS or any of the other mods I've mentioned.  It "feeeels" like it's the engine just saying "fuckit I'm out" for some reason, no stutters or chugging, solid FPS...

Hmm, you have any informations in your RPT file right before the crash? Could be turret sound related. 

Maybe try disabling the JSRS_Soundmod_Air_Vehicles_CFG.pbo file and try again. That would disable all helicopter / jets sounds. Tho this kinda sounds like some sort of workload issue, utilization issue... 

Had like 100 vtols yesterday flying behind each other in a cycle for 30 minutes straight just cycling. No issues. Tho the action of gunner movement seems to be odd for a reason. I might try again today with multiple helicopters engaging things. 

Thanks for your input! 🙂

LJ 

2 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

Hmm, you have any informations in your RPT file right before the crash? Could be turret sound related. 

Maybe try disabling the JSRS_Soundmod_Air_Vehicles_CFG.pbo file and try again. That would disable all helicopter / jets sounds. Tho this kinda sounds like some sort of workload issue, utilization issue... 

Had like 100 vtols yesterday flying behind each other in a cycle for 30 minutes straight just cycling. No issues. Tho the action of gunner movement seems to be odd for a reason. I might try again today with multiple helicopters engaging things. 

Thanks for your input! 🙂

LJ 

Just chiming in here,probably completely unrelated,but when i remove the mod from my load order and load a scenario i made,with a faction i made(made the faction/mission when JSRS was laoded),i get config errors upon reloading the mission with JSRS disabled.

In my modded faction PBO there are references to JSRS_air sounds 

JSRS Soundmod is by far the best, most immersive sound mod for ArmA 3. I am so grateful for the excellent work Lord Jarhead has put in over the years. I use it all the time, especially on scenario playthroughs. Combined with Enhanced Soundscape it is the perfect package for dramatic, realistic weapon, vehicle, webbing, movement and environmental audio experience. Also, I'd like to mention how impressed I am with the compatibility mods JSRS has created for other weapon packs: NI Arsenal, SMA, RHS and CUP. I think CUP was the most recent and that made a huge difference with the amount of weapons and vehicles available.

I was wondering if there is or will be an Iron Front compatibility mod coming in the future.

Thanks again for making my game experience so much better and more enjoyable. If it wasn't for the wonderful modding community, I wouldn't be playing ArmA 3 as much as I do. Scenario creators, survival mods, weapon and vehicle mods, terrain creators, game mechanic mods, AI mods, Sound mods, Units, Environmental mods. The list goes on.

Keep up the wonderful, creative, improving work, ArmA 3 creator community. BI may not appreciate you (except to let you fix their messes), but we do. All the best.

• Like 3

Hello community,

just saying Hi! Seeing my subscriber rate going still up and JSRS still being a popular mod, so thank you very much for bearing with me! 🙂

On 6/5/2019 at 8:25 AM, redarmy said:

Just chiming in here,probably completely unrelated,but when i remove the mod from my load order and load a scenario i made,with a faction i made(made the faction/mission when JSRS was laoded),i get config errors upon reloading the mission with JSRS disabled.

In my modded faction PBO there are references to JSRS_air sounds 

Probably an issue in the Air_Sounds config that causes any sort of "base class" of a vehicle to be updated. And when you try to load the mission again, it says "Hey, this vehicle got updated with something last time, now its different, I need it back to be updated". To be honest: That should not have happened. So I'm sorry if that cause any issues with your missions. I'll try to locate the issue and see if we can solve it!

On 6/30/2019 at 3:32 PM, Titus Groan (Titus Groan Gaming) said:

JSRS Soundmod is by far the best, most immersive sound mod for ArmA 3. I am so grateful for the excellent work Lord Jarhead has put in over the years. I use it all the time, especially on scenario playthroughs. Combined with Enhanced Soundscape it is the perfect package for dramatic, realistic weapon, vehicle, webbing, movement and environmental audio experience. Also, I'd like to mention how impressed I am with the compatibility mods JSRS has created for other weapon packs: NI Arsenal, SMA, RHS and CUP. I think CUP was the most recent and that made a huge difference with the amount of weapons and vehicles available.

I was wondering if there is or will be an Iron Front compatibility mod coming in the future.

Thanks again for making my game experience so much better and more enjoyable. If it wasn't for the wonderful modding community, I wouldn't be playing ArmA 3 as much as I do. Scenario creators, survival mods, weapon and vehicle mods, terrain creators, game mechanic mods, AI mods, Sound mods, Units, Environmental mods. The list goes on.

Keep up the wonderful, creative, improving work, ArmA 3 creator community. BI may not appreciate you (except to let you fix their messes), but we do. All the best.

Well I am currently fully occupied with work and can only work on JSRS and modding in general from time to time. So I try to invest the rest of my limited freetime for maintaining my mod and keep the new DLC's covered in it. I'm not sure I can come up with a new coverage of another mod. The work is too much. I'm sorry! I tried to fully cover CUP and that was quite the adventure^^

@here

I am about to update JSRS Soundmod in order to integrate the changes made by enoch/contact DLC. The MX should work again in the new update and I made some minor tweaks for performance reasons. My last update is 7 months ago and I sadly made many changes to the sounds of weapons and explosions in the meantime and believe it or not, I don't know what have changed. I just forgot^^ So when this update rolls out, many things might sound different to you now. In my opinion, as usual, it should not get worse heh 🙂

JSRS Soundmod - 6.19.0728 Changes:
Fixes

- Fixed MX Weapon sounds changed by enoch/contact dlc
Additions
- Many new sound effects, many updated or changed completely since the last 6 months. Especially soniccracks, weapons and explosion sounds!

Thank you everyone and have a nice Sunday 😉

LJ

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10

Hello. I'd like to thank you for such an awsome and great mod. Beside that, may i ask: 1) T-55 sounds from Arma 2 JSRS mod are Great, so any chances to hear them in T-55 from CUP mod (within JSRS CUP mod); 2) Also havin trouble with ZU-23, MG-3 from JSRS -CUP mod. There is no sound at all. If only i have this issue?

I just wanted to express my gratitude towards your mod, @LordJarhead, it's so awesome. 

And as being one who works on the sounds also (producing, recording, mastering, hearing again and again, and all that pain in the a**) I know what you're going through. It's a hard work, but the sounds now are just amazing, even just talking a walk through the forest. Reminds me just like I do sometimes in real life, walking in the forest and recording the sounds. Amazing work LJ! 

• Like 1

Hello @bs195n,

I made new sounds for the T55 if I remember correctly. But I did not had any chance to maintain the CUP support so far. I see if I can do that any time soon. The other two issues with the Zu23 and MG3 are not intended and I'll have to get that fixed! 🙂

@RZNUNKWN Thank you for the feedback 😉

I'd like to start a poll here. I have the following idea:

I'd like to make a JSRS Soundmod Complete Edition. Its basically the same as the current JSRS version, but it will be packed all together in one/two PBO files. One big configuration file, one big sound file container. The reason for that is that I can simply find duplicated classes as I do have them now (Bullet_Base is called by CFG_Sonic cracks and CFG_Explosions, CFG_Bullethits) and I could combine them all together. I hope to be able to fix some issues in where people are unable to hear other players or even their own weapons. Also I want to shrink down the sound-sets and shaders used by the weapons and pack more shaders into single sound-sets. Which means less voices the game used up by each shot.

15 voices max. at once, one soundset is one voice. A soundshader is a soundfile (or more) for example shot_close_1.wss. A weapon in JSRS currently uses up to 4 sets/voices per shot. MX_Shot, Tails, Shake, Shells. After tweak it would only use 2 because I can easily pack MX_Shot, Shake and Shells into one Set instead of three and would only have MX_Shot and Tails. It would increase the performance slightly and would be a perfect solution for a final version of the vanilla ArmA content.

To better explain this I want to quote @laxemann from Discord:

For the record and if people read this: You might have heard of a so called "voice" limit - this is basically the max amount of sounds that can be played back (In the game, per sound class.... depends on the context).

In ArmA the soundShaders are mixed into a soundSet and only the soundSets equal one voice. So you could mix 15 soundShaders into one soundSet and would only use one voice. 15 soundShaders in 15 soundSets use 15 voices.

Why don't we bundle everything into one soundSet? A good question!

Stuff like stereopanning, filters or the "direction" of a sound (soundShape) can only be applied to soundSets, not soundShaders.

The classic are weapons: You want the shot to be positional/mono at a distance while the reverb tail should fill out the stereo spectrum a bit more even over distance. Because the panners can only be applied to soundSets, we'd need two soundSets here.

On the down side, and  that's the reason I hesitate, you cannot choose what parts of JSRS you want to use anymore. So you cannot disable Bullet-hits, Sonic cracks, vehicle sounds, movement and what not because its all in one configuration file. Now is the question what people want, a customable version, or the other. Also the download size for each update would increase to 1gb as you have to download the PBO file again every time if I add new sounds (not if its only config work with patching and error fixing).

Please let me know your thoughts. I made a complete edition already and might upload it to steam WS so you can test it as a beta maybe?

Thanks,

LJ

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

So you cannot disable Bullet-hits, Sonic cracks, vehicle sounds, movement and what not because its all in one configuration file

I never did that, and noone of the people in my unit that run JSRS did either.

What I worry about tho is, what about compat mods stuff? They will still stay seperate right? Because putting them into the complete package wouldn't work as not everyone has all mods clearly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

I never did that, and noone of the people in my unit that run JSRS did either.

What I worry about tho is, what about compat mods stuff? They will still stay seperate right? Because putting them into the complete package wouldn't work as not everyone has all mods clearly.

The compact mods need their config files updated to the new locations and patching. But they work separately as they did before. That is not a problem. 

Thank you for the reply, 

LJ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

15 voices max. at once, one soundset is one voice. A soundshader is a soundfile (or more) for example shot_close_1.wss. A weapon in JSRS currently uses up to 4 sets/voices per shot. MX_Shot, Tails, Shake, Shells. After tweak it would only use 2 because I can easily pack MX_Shot, Shake and Shells into one Set instead of three and would only have MX_Shot and Tails. It would increase the performance slightly and would be a perfect solution for a final version of the vanilla ArmA content.

Fantastic, really looking forward to this change! Making a mental note to update my JSRS compat stuff for SFP and Unsung once this is released.

1 hour ago, Dahlgren said:

Fantastic, really looking forward to this change! Making a mental note to update my JSRS compat stuff for SFP and Unsung once this is released.

I wasn't aware there was an JSRS Compat mod for Unsung?

Complete Version sounds good to me man, anything with JSRS on the tin goes straight into my mod list... 😉 

6 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

On the down side, and  that's the reason I hesitate, you cannot choose what parts of JSRS you want to use anymore. So you cannot disable Bullet-hits, Sonic cracks, vehicle sounds, movement and what not because its all in one configuration file.

Honestly, I never really got that to work correctly in the past anyway, so I'm fine with one big addon.  When I have tried to disable something, it usually ends up giving me errors in the editor.

I can't play Arma without your mod, so it's always good to hear you're continuing to support and upgrade it!

• Like 1