4 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

Hey Lothear,

yes I'll take a look at this asap! I didn't figure it would be caused by JSRS.

Thank you,

LJ

Thank you, LJ!
Yeah, it was only happening with USAF support mod enabled. If I use JSRS all alone or Dynasound, the problem disappears.

This update has dependencies on asr_ai3_cfgweapons and asr_ai3_skills. Can you please resolve that dependency?

Otherwise, the update is fantastic. Thank you!

Is there any way to download the additionals other than the Steam workshop? Alternate links would be much appreciated. Great work with this mod, ive been using your sounds for a very long time and cant imagine Arma without them. Thank you for continuing to work on mods for Arma 3!

JSRS Soundmod - 6.18.0629B Changes:

Fixes
- Fixed Updating Base Classes for multiple weapons
- Fixed Updating Base Classes for RHS ASFR/USAF/GREF
- Fixed Inheritance problem for RHS made AI use pistols (Kinda still do...)
- Fixed A dependency for ASR AI was inside on of the pbos

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awesome. Love you LJ! :eyeheart: No homo :icon_biggrin:
Many thanks.

3 minutes ago, Lothear said:

Awesome. Love you LJ! :eyeheart: No homo :icon_biggrin:
Many thanks.

The problem has been contained but it is still present. Thing is there is no error whatsoever. I cannot determine the exact spot of cause... 

LJ 

28 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

The problem has been contained but it is still present. Thing is there is no error whatsoever. I cannot determine the exact spot of cause... 

LJ 

I see. I hopped into the game to test it again. What I can say for sure is that it only happens with USAF pistols, not AFRF. There was (still is in 4.5) a bug in RHS:USAF that made AI use their secondaries, but that was rather rare.  I obviously know very little about modding so I cannot tell whether the support mod could make that behaviour more prominent. All I can tell is that other RHS support mods make no problem at all and without the USAF one it works as it is supposed to.
Quite mysterious so far, isn't it? :icon_biggrin:
Thanks, LJ.

Just got done with a 6 hour session of Escape from Tanoa with some people, running the latest as well as the RHS compat files. We were Russians escaping from US forces (both RHS), and haven't had any pistol bugs for anyone. We got mowed down by everything but pistols funny enough, lol.

8 hours ago, Lothear said:

I see. I hopped into the game to test it again. What I can say for sure is that it only happens with USAF pistols, not AFRF. There was (still is in 4.5) a bug in RHS:USAF that made AI use their secondaries, but that was rather rare.  I obviously know very little about modding so I cannot tell whether the support mod could make that behaviour more prominent. All I can tell is that other RHS support mods make no problem at all and without the USAF one it works as it is supposed to.
Quite mysterious so far, isn't it? :icon_biggrin:
Thanks, LJ.

It really is a mystery to me, yes haha ? I double checked all the entries in the config, I build most from ground up. I deleted everything that was unnecessary as the inheritance took care of it anyways and I got rid of any sort of base class updates, even minimized any sort of error message I could think of. And still this shit happens. 

One thing that makes me wonder is that you, Yokhanan, seemed to have no problem at all, so what's the difference between the two of you? So maybe it depends on the secondaries thay have? Or maybe it's depending on the primary weapons. Do they switch all the weapons? I just seen M4a1, Mk18 and maybe some Hk416s got switched... 

LJ 

Blowing up stuff from distance had never been funnier than now :don8:

Love your mod!

5 hours ago, LordJarhead said:

It really is a mystery to me, yes haha ? I double checked all the entries in the config, I build most from ground up. I deleted everything that was unnecessary as the inheritance took care of it anyways and I got rid of any sort of base class updates, even minimized any sort of error message I could think of. And still this shit happens. 

One thing that makes me wonder is that you, Yokhanan, seemed to have no problem at all, so what's the difference between the two of you? So maybe it depends on the secondaries thay have? Or maybe it's depending on the primary weapons. Do they switch all the weapons? I just seen M4a1, Mk18 and maybe some Hk416s got switched... 

LJ 

LJ, I believe it must be the pistols. I did some testing (with just RHS, Project Opfor, Cup terrains, and JSRS and its support mod) and I noticed that even with vanilla rifles (Spars 16s), if the unit had an RHS pistol, they switched to them.

This reminds me of this (http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3971).

2 hours ago, Lothear said:

LJ, I believe it must be the pistols. I did some testing (with just RHS, Project Opfor, Cup terrains, and JSRS and its support mod) and I noticed that even with vanilla rifles (Spars 16s), if the unit had an RHS pistol, they switched to them.

This reminds me of this (http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3971).

Ah OK that's a good hint. So can you specify what pistol exactly? I think I've seen a Glock or something?! 

LJ 

45 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

Ah OK that's a good hint. So can you specify what pistol exactly? I think I've seen a Glock or something?! 

LJ 

So far I can confirm M9, 1911 and Glock.

Edit
And also the handheld GL.

So all the pistols from USAF.
Rifles seems fine as long as they have non-USAF secondaries.

1 hour ago, Lothear said:

So far I can confirm M9, 1911 and Glock.

Edit
And also the handheld GL.

So all the pistols from USAF.
Rifles seems fine as long as they have non-USAF secondaries.

Ah OK. Thanks. I'll have a deeper look when I get back from vacation. Thanks for all your help with this :) 

LJ 

That's still weird. This is everything the Casual ArmA Players Group runs on the server and client: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937923182

Although I believe most of us don't use the suppress/immerse stuff or the Incon Effects. But as you can see, we run CUP, ACE, all of RHS and the ACE compat files, ASR Ai, JSRS & RHS packs, Achilies for zeus, and Shacktac HUD, and on occasion that new ai mod that says it helps the ai not see through vegetation on Tanoa. My entire 6 hour session as a AFRF RHS Russian trying to escape RHS USAF with m4's, m16's, dmr's, etc. Some of which dynamically have in their loadout RHS sidearm's. I personally have yet to see the ai use a side arm, it's only launchers, primary weapons, grenades (lots of them!) and static weapons. Not sure what is different between us, but I've not experienced this issue yet (thankfully). Pretty weird.... Then again, it is ArmA.

29 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

Ah OK. Thanks. I'll have a deeper look when I get back from vacation. Thanks for all your help with this :) 

LJ 

Take your time, LJ. It's just a hobby you do in your free time after all. Enjoy your vacation.

26 minutes ago, yokhanan said:

That's still weird. This is everything the Casual ArmA Players Group runs on the server and client: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937923182

Although I believe most of us don't use the suppress/immerse stuff or the Incon Effects. But as you can see, we run CUP, ACE, all of RHS and the ACE compat files, ASR Ai, JSRS & RHS packs, Achilies for zeus, and Shacktac HUD, and on occasion that new ai mod that says it helps the ai not see through vegetation on Tanoa. My entire 6 hour session as a AFRF RHS Russian trying to escape RHS USAF with m4's, m16's, dmr's, etc. Some of which dynamically have in their loadout RHS sidearm's. I personally have yet to see the ai use a side arm, it's only launchers, primary weapons, grenades (lots of them!) and static weapons. Not sure what is different between us, but I've not experienced this issue yet (thankfully). Pretty weird.... Then again, it is ArmA.

Is it really all the addons your group uses? Beceause I can only see JSRS AFRF support mod, not the USAF one, which is the culprit.
And as far as I can tell I haven seen it happen to other people. :wink_o:

Yeah we run all of them, including GREF. I'm wondering if maybe with the Escape mission there's some sort of ai scripting that is keeping it from happening. Next session we play and try another mission, I'll keep an eye out and ask the others to as well. :smile_o:

22 minutes ago, yokhanan said:

Yeah we run all of them, including GREF. I'm wondering if maybe with the Escape mission there's some sort of ai scripting that is keeping it from happening. Next session we play and try another mission, I'll keep an eye out and ask the others to as well. :smile_o:

It's weird that it is not showing up on your add-ons list. And these additions are not run on the server I guess but the AI is running on it. So I can sort that out. I guess that you, Lothear, are playing solo or on a LAN server? That would mean you control the AI and the JSRS additionals are affecting the AI. 

LJ 

6 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

It's weird that it is not showing up on your add-ons list. And these additions are not run on the server I guess but the AI is running on it. So I can sort that out. I guess that you, Lothear, are playing solo or on a LAN server? That would mean you control the AI and the JSRS additionals are affecting the AI. 

LJ 

In my case it's all solo content ;) And it may very well be only happening in singleplayer only. The other person I noticed it was happening to was also only bullsh*tting in the editor.

15 minutes ago, Lothear said:

In my case it's all solo content ;) And it may very well be only happening in singleplayer only. The other person I noticed it was happening to was also only bullsh*tting in the editor.

OK we came pretty far with this I guess. Its the JSRS RHS USAF addon, it's based on pistol classes and only appears on the same client that runs the addon. So I guess I'm able to sort that out. :) 

Thanks Jobo and Lothear for help ;) 

LJ 

I am sorry, JR, but I'm gonna throw one more issue into the mix. :icon_biggrin:

With AFRF support mod the AI shoots the PKP semi-auto 95% of the time, removing the support mod ai shoots full auto as it is supposed to.
Tested in editor, singleplayer mission, only RHS USAF, AFRF, JSRS and JSRS AFRF support mod were loaded.

I hope I've included all the details this time. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks.

L

EDIT

Ok, what the actual problem is is that it adds a semi-auto mod to the gun. Next time I need to also test the weapons, not just ai behaviour. :face_palm:

9 hours ago, Lothear said:

I am sorry, JR, but I'm gonna throw one more issue into the mix. :icon_biggrin:

With AFRF support mod the AI shoots the PKP semi-auto 95% of the time, removing the support mod ai shoots full auto as it is supposed to.
Tested in editor, singleplayer mission, only RHS USAF, AFRF, JSRS and JSRS AFRF support mod were loaded.

I hope I've included all the details this time. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks.

L

Shite, won't get better :) I'll have a look at this later tonight. Thanks for the heads up. Any more issues you guys can think of? So I can start at all things together. 

Who knows when I can find the time to fix things again heh

LJ 

Hi LJ! Thank you my friend for the update - 6.18.0629

If you remember my discontent about the sounds of MX, then I already put up with it, but this time the MX sounds very good, it's even better than the previous sound (6.17.1211-version) that I liked!

Particularly delightful are the new sounds of all weapons reloading, and RPG-rocket hits on targets (explosions waves) it sounds very great!

Thank you for being with us for so many years, I can not think of Arma3 without your mod, it's just not playable for me.

Cheers!